Real Men Don't Hit Women by Imam Khalid Latif

revert2007

Love Fishing
Well I don't know if there is real man and fake man :)
But I would say a man who fears Allah will never hit his wife :)
JazakaAllahu khairan for sharing :)

sarahlou

The video isn't just about hitting women, but a call to the ummah to stop the injustices in our communities. :hijabi:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
JazakAllah khair for sharing

and like sister revert2007 pointed out whoever fears Allah (swt) will not even hit of hiting a women, you can escape in this duniya but who will save you in the aakhira

revert2007

Love Fishing
I never would hit a girl, even when someone dislikes me and hates me, i don't wish anything on them.

even when i dated alot of girls that are non-muslim and they are nasty to me, i tell them i wish them the best and hope they find happiness.

shhhhhh...don't tell the whole world lol

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
I never would hit a girl, even when someone dislikes me and hates me, i don't wish anything on them.

even when i dated alot of girls that are non-muslim and they are nasty to me, i tell them i wish them the best and hope they find happiness.

Dont worry bro :D U DA MAN! ;) for sure hehe :)

seriously :) a true man doesn't hit a women

but Inshallah :) i hope u say ur shahada soon and Inshallah taala :) islam will shelter u from the evil of dating

jabbyshabby

JazakAllah khair for sharing

and like sister revert2007 pointed out whoever fears Allah (swt) will not even hit of hiting a women, you can escape in this duniya but who will save you in the aakhira
hitting a women even in war is not allowed so how can one think of hurting a women

sarahlou

I can't stand seeing women get hurt and assaulted, it makes people look like cowards and weak.

Its so wrong and im very against it :)

I can't stand seeing any injustice in this world. This is one of the reason I am so proud to be a Muslim :hijabi: It is our job to stop social injustices and to serve our communities.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
:salam2:

JazakAllah khair for this beneficial post :)

only cowards beat their wives. But i know of a women who was beaten up by her hubby SO badly :( Poor soul, Alhumdulillah things are much better with them. But im just curious, does a man think he's got power of her her thus resulting in beating her? I cant get my head around this man. :confused: Men are so lame sometimes *no offense brothers* im talking about the ones that brutally beat their ladies.

May Allah guide us to be tru Muslims, Aameen

Wassalaam!

rightpath_357

Lolz- no one should hit their wife- AstagfirAllah. So many sad stories from the woman shelter- so many got Physically, and dangerously sexually abused by their husbands!

if a guy tried hitting me- lolz- to the hospital with him! :lol:

actually - nowadays- it's considered WEAK and a wussy and a WIMP if u hit girls. lolz- other guys beat up people like that :(- just sad though

revert2007

Love Fishing
Lolz- no one should hit their wife- AstagfirAllah. So many sad stories from the woman shelter- so many got Physically, and dangerously sexually abused by their husbands!

if a guy tried hitting me- lolz- to the hospital with him! :lol:

actually - nowadays- it's considered WEAK and a wussy and a WIMP if u hit girls. lolz- other guys beat up people like that :(- just sad though

guess what..before the guys hit us let start doing this :SMILY346::fighta:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
guess what..before the guys hit us let start doing this :SMILY346::fighta:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OH MY ALLAH!! that cracked me up......oh sister!! subhanaAllah,

I guess I need to start been in that program too :lol::lol::lol:
but seriously, THAT was funny,:lol:

arzafar

i agree but then what about this

“As to those women on whose part you see ill‑conduct, admonish them (first), (next) refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allaah is Ever Most High, Most Great”

[al-Nisa’ 4:34]

From islam-qa.com

What should a husband do if his wife rebels against him?

Praise be to Allaah.

Ibn Qudaamah said: If a man fears rebellious behaviour on the part of his wife, because she shows signs of rebellion by not responding to his requests for intimacy, or she responds but does so reluctantly, then he should warn her and advise her to fear Allaah; he should remind her of what Allaah has enjoined upon her of duties and obedience, the sin involved in what she is doing and the rights of spending and clothing that she will lose, and the fact that he is permitted to hit her and forsake her in bed, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first)”[al-Nisaa’ 4:34]

If she persists and shows signs of rebellion and refuses to share his bed, then he may forsake her in bed as much as he wishes, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“(next) refuse to share their beds”[al-Nisaa’ 4:34]

If she still persists, then he may hit her in a manner that does not cause harm, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“(and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful)”

[al-Nisaa’ 4:34]

The phrase (interpretation of the meaning):

“If you fear a breach between them twain (the man and his wife)”

[al-Nisaa’ 4:35]

means, if it is known to have reached this stage, then the judge should send an arbitrator from his family and an arbitrator from hers, both of whom should be trustworthy, to decide either to reconcile and keep them together or to separate and divorce, and whatever they do will be binding upon them. That means that if the spouses reach the point of separation or enmity, the judge should appoint two free, Muslim arbitrators of good character, preferably from their families, with their approval and appointed by them, so that they can investigate the case and do what they think is best to reconcile them or to let them divorce by talaaq or khula’. Then whatever they do will be binding upon them. The basis for this is the aayah (interpretation of the meaning]

“If you fear a breach between them twain (the man and his wife), appoint (two) arbitrators, one from his family and the other from hers; if they both wish for peace, Allaah will cause their reconciliation”

[al-Nisaa’ 4:35]

this aspect has confused me a lot. i think wife beating is wrong except she is cheating upon you.

ShyHijabi

Asalaam aleakum,

I actually spoke to a scholar about the verse in the Quran and he said that there is often a mistranslation. He said the word can mean "beat lightly" or "leave abruptly." He said that some people choose "beat lightly" when in fact the majority of scholars believe it is "leave abruptly."

When there are disagreements you can always look for supplemental information in the hadiths. Question: did Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) ever beat or even "lightly beat" his wives? Of course not! When asked about beating a wife he held up a miswak (toothbrush) and replied it was the only tool to be used when beating a wife. Too many people take this literally and don't understand the meaning or tone. If a man were to beat his wife with a toothbrush he would look like a fool. Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) was expressing this to the questioner by answering in such a way, afterall, what man would truly use a toothbrush?

The Quran states that women and men are like garments unto each other, a protection. A spouse should never fear their mate, that is counter to what Islam teaches about marriage, respect and love for one another. From a personal standpoint I would never tolerate a man (husband or not) beating me, even lightly. It is my Allah-given right to live with dignity and respect in this life and no man has the right to take that from me. I am forever grateful that my husband acts like an adult and uses words instead of fists/slaps to communicate with me. If he were to be otherwise I would use my Islamic right to divorce.