Religion quiz

Valerie

:salam2:

I don't know if anyone has been to beliefnet, but I went there tonight and took the "belief-o-matic" quiz for fun. Islam was at the top, and the part that amused me was that the religion I was raised with, Seventh-Day Adventist, was at the very bottom of the list (17 percent compatibility). My parents (and grandparents) would be shocked.

I thought it was amusing and had to share.

Have a great day.

:wasalam:

arzafar

seventh day adventist is a religion?! well there was a hospital named seventh day near the missionary school i studied in for over a decade.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I took the crazy quiz. The results indicated I was closest to being a Hindu. Go figure. It must have been the love for the environment. It placed neo-pagan above Islam for me.

I did use a lot : none of the above.

Anyhow...I am tickled.

As for the brother who has little knowledge of the sects within Christianity. It may do you good to look at the different sects within Christianity. There are many sects which reject the notion of the trinity. The Seventh Day Adventists are very pious and gentle people. ( until they come knocking on my door..a friend recommended that I just give them a couple of dollars)

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Lol, I've taken that before. Cant remember my result but #1 wasnt Islam, but Islam was in the top 3.

justoneofmillion

1. Islam (100%)
2. Orthodox Judaism (100%)
3. Reform Judaism (95%)
4. Baha'i Faith (82%)
5. Sikhism (81%)
6. Liberal Quakers (74%)
7. Orthodox Quaker (72%)
8. Jainism (70%)
9. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (69%)
10. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (67%)
11. Unitarian Universalism (62%)
12. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (61%)
13. Mahayana Buddhism (57%)
14. Neo-Pagan (55%)
15. Eastern Orthodox (52%)
16. Roman Catholic (52%)
17. Seventh Day Adventist (52%)
18. Hinduism (51%)
19. Jehovah's Witness (51%)
20. Theravada Buddhism (46%)
21. New Age (43%)
22. Scientology (38%)
23. Secular Humanism (37%)
24. New Thought (28%)
25. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (28%)
26. Taoism (28%)
27. Nontheist (24%

Salaam,Father I have confessed:)Cool test tough, a little strange still,thanks for sharing.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Now, I am just confused and befuddled. I specifically watched out for plurals and duplicity of words. Maybe I over-thought the simplicity of the questions.

I am quite disturbed.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

This is the link to the official website. It is better for you to read for yourself.

DanyalSAC

I can't find the quiz...I'm assuming the website is beliefnet dot com and there's too much to dig through to find it. Can someone post a link?

Valerie

Click on faiths and beliefs and then on belief-o-matic.

I don't want anyone to be discouraged. It's only for entertainment. I don't remember my top one, but it wasn't Islam either. Such a short quiz can't tell what your heart knows :)

I was just amused that my lowest was my childhood religion. I'll write more later. I type horribly on my phone :)

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Interesting. I can imagine some of the overly passionate making takfeer of Muslims based on this.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum,

It was an interesting test. EDIT: I don't think it actually fundamentally means anything.

I'm more of a Seventh Day Adventist than you sister Valerie! (62%) (Maybe that was because how I weighted the response in terms of priority).

Most (meaning Muslims) of us would have answered the questions relating/applying our Islamic beliefs . Therefore everyone should have got 100% Islam. I got 100% Orthodox Judaism as well. As long as well all know that Islam is the right religion - based on correct understanding.

Walaykum Salaam.

Valerie

Whats Seventh day Adventist?

Is that the type that go Church only on Sunday?

Saturday, for them. Most Christians go to church on Sunday. For SDA folks, "Sabbath" goes from sundown Friday evening to sundown Saturday evening. I remember well because I had to be ready for the next day before the sun went down. The house was cleaned and the tv was turned off before the sun went down (and it wasn't allowed back on til Saturday when the sun went down, we had to spend our time together as a family, going to church, reading, praying, etc).

It's a Christian denomination. They do have hospitals, but not as many as Catholics. Most of my family (mom's side, they were all SDA) consisted of doctors, nurses or some kind of medical professional. I think it was mostly because the town they lived in had a hospital or a college (my aunt was a professor).

About what Aapa said about when they come to your door... Weird story. When I was younger, our youth group would, instead of "trick or treating" for candy on Halloween, we'd go door to door asking for canned food, and then we'd put them into baskets and give them to families who needed food. Of course we left little booklets about the church's beliefs with people. I was 10 or 11, and I gave a booklet to a gentleman, turned to walk down the street and had his wife chase me down the street screaming at me. I was terrified. Best thing to do is smile, nod and say "no thank you". It will save a kid the trauma ;)

As for my results, there are some questions on the test that I wasn't sure about Islamic stance on, so I went with my own personal feelings on the issue, which was why I probably came up different. I need to go re-take it, I can't remember what my top result was, I want to say some form of Judaism, but I'm not positive.

:wasalam:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

So I took the test. And now I understand why you (ditta) said that, though sometimes its hard to answer according to Islamic creed due to wording of questions. I got 100% for Islam and Orthadox Judaism. At the bottom end was nontheist and secular humanism, alhamdulillaah.

However, I noticed that none of the answers to the very first question are strictly applicable to Muslims. The most correct would be the first two, but Ahl us-Sunnah consider the body (jism) to be one of those terms that aren't to be used with Allaah, seeing it can be applief for truth of falsehood depending on the intent. But seeing it's application is an innovation, perhaps the second is better. But from another angle, since some sects accuse us of affirming a 'body' for Allaah, it would make sense to pick the first. Anyhow, point is, that neither are really suitable as such, and they don't list Islamic sects as they do with Christianity in this quiz so does it matter lol?

Oh and Valerie, I got 48% for SDA.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Ass alamu'alaikum

My result is as below

Allah knows the best

Attachments

• belief.JPG
    belief.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 36

ximkoyra

That was fun. I always had a hunch that theologically speaking, Islam and Judaism was very close and this helped confirm that for me.

But now I wonder what Baha'i is since it is ending up at the top of so many lists.

1. Islam (100%)
2. Orthodox Judaism (100%)
3. Sikhism (86%)
4. Baha'i Faith (80%)
5. Reform Judaism (76%)
6. Jainism (67%)
7. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (60%)
8. Hinduism (60%)
9. Jehovah's Witness (56%)
10. Eastern Orthodox (52%)
11. Roman Catholic (52%)
12. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (51%)
13. Seventh Day Adventist (51%)
14. Liberal Quakers (50%)
15. Orthodox Quaker (47%)
16. Mahayana Buddhism (40%)
17. Unitarian Universalism (39%)
18. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (38%)
19. Neo-Pagan (33%)
20. Scientology (26%)
21. New Age (24%)
22. Theravada Buddhism (23%)
23. New Thought (21%)
24. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (19%)
25. Nontheist (14%)
26. Taoism (12%)
27. Secular Humanism (12%)

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

So I took the test. And now I understand why you (ditta) said that, though sometimes its hard to answer according to Islamic creed due to wording of questions. I got 100% for Islam and Orthadox Judaism. At the bottom end was nontheist and secular humanism, alhamdulillaah.

However, I noticed that none of the answers to the very first question are strictly applicable to Muslims. The most correct would be the first two, but Ahl us-Sunnah consider the body (jism) to be one of those terms that aren't to be used with Allaah, seeing it can be applief for truth of falsehood depending on the intent. But seeing it's application is an innovation, perhaps the second is better. But from another angle, since some sects accuse us of affirming a 'body' for Allaah, it would make sense to pick the first. Anyhow, point is, that neither are really suitable as such, and they don't list Islamic sects as they do with Christianity in this quiz so does it matter lol?

Oh and Valerie, I got 48% for SDA.

Walaykum Salaam,

^ Exactly. I think the questions were slightly generalised so as to align those with certain belief's easier. Obviously having a response for each one would make the quiz ineffective.

Your right about it referring to Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala). There are certain characteristics of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) that we can never know or comprehend. Subhaan'Allaah, one can probably go astray thinking about it too much - in terms of the how it happens or the true nature of it.

Therefore I would say that question about Gods form was dodgy (and maybe a couple others which I can't remember).

I recommend myself and others to look inside the Fundamental Beliefs in Islam; Tawheed and Aqeedah for further clarification. The thread 'Belief in Allah' covers all this comprehensively. And there will be other thread's in that section which address this issue succinctly (just in case).

Thankfully, we have the Qur'aan and Sunnah that help's to dispel any doubts we might have in relation to Allah (the Exalted).

I didn't mean to go on a tangent there but looking at it again, this is important, i.e. that our understanding of Allah is correct.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

Al-Kashmiri said:

It was this that made me exit the quiz.

Also this:

God is (or gods/goddesses are) supreme, and no incarnations.

Would be the correct option for Muslims but..not comfortable with opting for it with the brackets. Almost like I'm passively saying Polytheism is OK.

Thanks for posting anyway.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I have the utmost respect for SDA's. The followers are pious and believe me I have had good conversation with coffee. If you knock on my door you do get a spoonful of Islam.

Back to the quiz: I am still confused. I think I dwelled too much on the weight of each word.

Anyway...I won't lose beauty sleep over this one.

revert2007

Love Fishing
That was fun. I always had a hunch that theologically speaking, Islam and Judaism was very close and this helped confirm that for me.

But now I wonder what Baha'i is since it is ending up at the top of so many lists.

The Faith’s Founder was Bahá’u’lláh, a Persian nobleman from Tehran who, in the mid-nineteenth century, left a life of princely comfort and security and, in the face of intense persecution and deprivation, brought to humanity a stirring new message of peace and unity.

Bahá’u’lláh claimed to be nothing less than a new and independent Messenger from God. His life, work, and influence parallel that of Abraham, Krishna, Moses, Zoroaster, Buddha, Christ, and Muhammad. Bahá’ís view Bahá’u’lláh as the most recent in this succession of divine Messengers.
The essential message of Bahá’u’lláh is that of unity. He taught that there is only one God, that there is only one human race, and that all the world’s religions represent stages in the revelation of God’s will and purpose for humanity. In this day, Bahá’u’lláh said, humanity has collectively come of age. As foretold in all of the world’s scriptures, the time has arrived for the uniting of all peoples into a peaceful and integrated global society. “The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens,” He wrote.....

p.s I personally believe that Bahai religion is just another deviated branch like shia

(the rest you may read here)

Allah knows the best