Saudi Sister shows her home and life

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
The reason why Saudi women weren't allowed to work is that they would be working with men, and they'd be seeing men and stuff. THat's the same reason why taliban banned women from working. they bleeived that they should stay home and take care of the kids. It's an Islamic thing. And the reason that they can't drive has something to do with men also. But in Saudi they allow TVs these days, And Allah knows best.

apocalypse77

assalam,well bro that is what i love the most my dream seriously think about it me with a hundred percent pure Arabian blood horse through the desert stopping by from time to time at a oasis making woudhoo and salat in the desert you really hear stuff there a place for deep spirituality do you see me there bro oh com on! do you see the pic? dressed like a Touareg cooking in the sand you know that special bred they cook in the sand with tea! long nights of meditation and reading the Quran and discussing the deen with locals simple people ,no buildings, no cars ,no noise, no sophisticated zombies just me the desert it`s sunset and Allah swt anyone wants to join there haha?but the hundred 100% Arabian blood is mine i won`t share it with anyone you can still have the Sahara though..:confused: inschallah allright i know i know wake up justone... man is this the neighbours still fighting ?!ya Allah!! :(

Islam is a reasonable and logical religion. You dont have to be surrounded by desert 24/7 just to be religious and away from modernity just to free of any sins.

You can be a modern Muslim/Muslimah but it doenst mean u have to be Westernised.

apocalypse77

The reason why Saudi women weren't allowed to work is that they would be working with men, and they'd be seeing men and stuff. THat's the same reason why taliban banned women from working. they bleeived that they should stay home and take care of the kids. It's an Islamic thing. And the reason that they can't drive has something to do with men also. Another rule that the Taliban had in power. But in Saudi they allow TVs these days, but the Taliban banned that too because of the pictures and bad stuff.

And Allah knows best.

double standard again.

i dont see any reason why women should stay at home 24/7.Just because shes interacting with men at work doesnt mean shes gonna be a s.lut or what u call her.

and if the man does give an evil eye on the women EVEN if she covers herself and wear the abaya, dont blame the women for the lusty looks from men

justoneofmillion

Islam is a reasonable and logical religion. You dont have to be surrounded by desert 24/7 just to be religious and away from modernity just to free of any sins.

You can be a modern Muslim/Muslimah but it doenst mean u have to be Westernised.
assalam,who said that me?i merely said i would love to do that that`s all i love nature ,simple living profound people,from whom one can learn much more than most of the sofisticated "modern"people samples i am and have been sourrouded by in the past and who cares abt western medias anyways?fake upon fake fed and made by and for the fake from the cradle to the grave just like zombies with no substance and no meaning to their lives the civilization of the living dead.

wassalam

kayleigh

The reason why Saudi women weren't allowed to work is that they would be working with men, and they'd be seeing men and stuff. THat's the same reason why taliban banned women from working. they bleeived that they should stay home and take care of the kids. It's an Islamic thing. And the reason that they can't drive has something to do with men also. Another rule that the Taliban had in power. But in Saudi they allow TVs these days, but the Taliban banned that too because of the pictures and bad stuff.

And Allah knows best.

But the woman said that she works with men sometimes as a journalist, didn't she?

Those are definitely rules the Taliban imposed that I am totally against.

Laura

Has anyone read the book 'princess'- the biography of a saudi princess?? I urge you to read it, shocked me and made me cry over and over. The woman's encounters with personal subjection and that of women around her, from all social backgrounds. Parts were truley horrific.

Having said that I think that unless you have lived in a culture and society you cannot understand the reasons for things it does or does not do.
Saudi Arabia, unfortunatly like a lot of other countries seems to be male dominated, where women can't drive, vote, go inside mosques (at least that used to be the case) and are under extreme pressure to cover. Such things aren't islamically based but whats probably happened is in a attempt to preserve the values of islam in its heartland people have imposed excessive rules which originally were not there.

For example, in Saudi the niqab, although technically not compulsory, in reality is. The social stigma for not wearing it is high, abuse and punishment may be the result, dependant on the area that you live in.
Many people believe the niqab is fard and I espect others right to wear it if they wish-but having said that is there not a hadith in which a woman comes to the prophet fully veiled and he is unhappy with this because he is unable to see if she is a man or a woman.
Also in the koran it tells women to cover so they may be known and not molested. Do these these not indicate that a woman has the right to her identity when in public, to show her face if she wishes? It should be a choice not a male forced impulsion.:)

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
salam

:salam2:

Jazakallah....the second video is more interesting!.But anyway,as we can see also in Saudi there are women working and women not working. As in every muslim country I think. Alhamdulillah, Allah didn't make "work" haraam for a woman. It's just a choice or circumstances...may Allah guide us all Insh'Allah!

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Kayleih said:
Saudi Arabia isn't a desert wasteland like so many people like to think.

Yeah the Western media kept on trying to make the Middle East look like a land of Desserts and pomb trees in the 1950's.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
But the woman said that she works with men sometimes as a journalist, didn't she?

Those are definitely rules the Taliban imposed that I am totally against.
Well ffor one thing sister Kayla they just don't want men and women to be with each other and stuff because it makes desires and stuff for both of them and I think the Taliban just wanted to make Muslims think more about Islam than having relations with each other.

And the reason they don't allow women to be journalists is because they know that women shouldn't talk to men, even in a Niqab because he still might have desires and stuff.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Well ffor one thing sister Kayla they just don't want men and women to be with each other and stuff because it makes desires and stuff for both of them and I think the Taliban just wanted to make Muslims think more about Islam than having relations with each other.

And the reason they don't allow women to be journalists is because they know that women shouldn't talk to men, even in a Niqab because he still might have desires and stuff.
alkathiri said:
and if the man does give an evil eye on the women EVEN if she covers herself and wear the abaya, dont blame the women for the lusty looks from men

I know that brother. And sometimes the Hijab attracts poeple's eyes. :D Brother Brandon AlIbraheem even said it. Do you know what happned to him?

ShyHijabi

Brother Abdul Hasib,

Salaam,

You are proclaiming a lot of things as Islamic and non Islamic and they are not true. It is not Islamic to say a woman cannot work and should stay home. It is not Islamic to say cannot interact and speak with men. Did not Kadija (may Allah be pleased with her) work before and after her marriage to the Prophet? (pbuh)

Were not most of the wives of the Prophet(pbuh) teachers to some of the great scholars? Male scholars. The covering of our bodies is to prevent Fitna and still allow us to be productive members of society.

The Taliban did a lot of things that were backwards and contradictory to Islam. Namely to forbid females from obtaining an education past the age of seven. So Afghanistan has one of the highest illiteracy rates in the world. It is Fardh for both males and females to to be educated of they are of able mind. So in essence what the Taliban did was make something which was Halaal, Haram. :astag:

Wasalaam

~Sarah

island muslim

Brother Abdul Hasib,

Salaam,

You are proclaiming a lot of things as Islamic and non Islamic and they are not true. It is not Islamic to say a woman cannot work and should stay home. It is not Islamic to say cannot interact and speak with men. Did not Kadija (may Allah be pleased with her) work before and after her marriage to the Prophet? (pbuh)

Were not most of the wives of the Prophet(pbuh) teachers to some of the great scholars? Male scholars. The covering of our bodies is to prevent Fitna and still allow us to be productive members of society.

The Taliban did a lot of things that were backwards and contradictory to Islam. Namely to forbid females from obtaining an education past the age of seven. So Afghanistan has one of the highest illiteracy rates in the world. It is Fardh for both males and females to to be educated of they are of able mind. So in essence what the Taliban did was make something which was Halaal, Haram. :astag:

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Masha ALLAH!! Well said sister,....

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

there is no where in Islam where it says women can not work, there is limits every one have to follow, at the time of the prophet peace be up on him who use to take care of business when all the companion are out of the Madinah.

They use to nurse the injured ones, at the time of the Omar bin Khtab (RA) he appointed a woman to be in charge in the of the local area where people trade her name was Shiffaa.

beside people are really iggnorant about subjects like Jihad, they might not even know the meaning of Tawheed but they are in front to speak about this subject.

Quratulaine

As for driving, the sister in the video was riding in the back seat while the male chauffeur drove her, so not only is she with a man but she is with him alone, i.e., Khulwa! That is the worst kind of gender mixing. Which is closer to Islamic teachings, the sister driving her own car with no men with her, or a man driving her and they are alone together?

i agree with you brother! I think that it is safer for women to drive alone, than to use public transportation alone (esp. at night!) or be alone with a strange man in a car.

i found the videos very interesting....i'd love to learn more about saudi culture, since i think most people have some misconceptions about life there. (myself included!)

:wasalam:

AndiRB

:salam2:

Has anybody read the book of Abdalrahman Munif "Cities of Salt" or the original title: "Mudin Al-Milh.At-tih". Though there are some passages which I have skiped due to its content, it describes very well how the western people invaded a culture without taking care of damaging their values and principles. Still, it made me understand why the Saudi culture is that strict nowadays. In my opinion it is self defence. And to a certain point they are absolutely right to do so. The world is going to be "americanized". Even in Germany there are discussions going on about the influence of american "hip-hop"-culture on youth and the loss of typical german values like discipline...

As for brother justoneofmillion I also started dreaming reading your post ;)
Hahaha, now I'm approving those sociologists with their theory about muslim converts being xenophil. But still there is no better way to escape from our busy live than riding horses. Oh dear, here there are discussions going on about Muslimahs driving cars - now I am confessing to be even worse: I love horse riding. :shymuslima1:

I always think that Islam gives us rules to live happy together. And as for our prophet s.a.s. we should always chose the equilibrium.

These videos are great, thank you for posting them. I'd love to see more, too.

May Allah reward you all.

:wasalam:

suryani

Has anyone read the book 'princess'- the biography of a saudi princess?? I urge you to read it, shocked me and made me cry over and over. The woman's encounters with personal subjection and that of women around her, from all social backgrounds. Parts were truley horrific.

Having said that I think that unless you have lived in a culture and society you cannot understand the reasons for things it does or does not do.
Saudi Arabia, unfortunatly like a lot of other countries seems to be male dominated, where women can't drive, vote, go inside mosques (at least that used to be the case) and are under extreme pressure to cover. Such things aren't islamically based but whats probably happened is in a attempt to preserve the values of islam in its heartland people have imposed excessive rules which originally were not there.

For example, in Saudi the niqab, although technically not compulsory, in reality is. The social stigma for not wearing it is high, abuse and punishment may be the result, dependant on the area that you live in.
Many people believe the niqab is fard and I espect others right to wear it if they wish-but having said that is there not a hadith in which a woman comes to the prophet fully veiled and he is unhappy with this because he is unable to see if she is a man or a woman.
Also in the koran it tells women to cover so they may be known and not molested. Do these these not indicate that a woman has the right to her identity when in public, to show her face if she wishes? It should be a choice not a male forced impulsion.:)

I have read the book ages ago, there is a possibility that this is an aberration. In this book to try and protect the identity of this princess, Sasson has named her Sultana. However, she did disclosed that the Saudi princess belongs to the House of Al Saud, rulers of Saudi Arabia and is one of a family of 10 daughters and one son etc etc. So they didn’t really try to protect her identity, did they?

Do look up these ladies they belong to AL Saud household:
Princess Buniah al-Saud,
Princess Maha al-Sudairi,
Princess Alia Al Saud,
Princess DR. MUDI AL SAUD,
Princess Nouf bint Bandar Al-Saud,
Princess Reem Al-Waleed Al Saud,
Princess Dalal Al Saud
Princess Reema Durani
Princess Misha'al bint Fahd al Saud

These are just a few names. I don't believe everything that I read in the papers, magazines nor books:SMILY335: The book made you cry, left you feeling horrified and shocked wait till you do some research on these princesses. Wasalaam.

kayleigh

Right...well, either way, I'm extremely glad I don't live in Saudi Arabia for reasons like that reasoning which seems to be common among some men there, and I'm even more glad that I never lived in Afghanistan under the Taliban!

Islam is supposed to be the moderate, middle path. That kind of thinking - the thinking of the Taliban and some men in Saudi society - is too extreme, in my opinion. Maybe they should try keeping the men in and disconnected from society and even speaking and see how they like it!

mohammeduk_786

women can't drive

salaam,

with the issue that women can't drive in Saudi Arabia, i agree but somtimes disagree with women not allowed to drive as there may social issues. But i read last week on www.arabnews.com website that as women can't drive and men are not home all the time to take women out and girls to school etc, so normally almost each household have a driver who drive women around.

now as the website said about these drivers taking women around, there have been cases of love affairs, molestation, rapes, young girls getting pregnant by their drivers, married women falling in love with their drivers, sometimes running away with their drivers.

not sure what can work

kayleigh

salaam,

with the issue that women can't drive in Saudi Arabia, i agree but somtimes disagree with women not allowed to drive as there may social issues. But i read last week on www.arabnews.com website that as women can't drive and men are not home all the time to take women out and girls to school etc, so normally almost each household have a driver who drive women around.

now as the website said about these drivers taking women around, there have been cases of love affairs, molestation, rapes, young girls getting pregnant by their drivers, married women falling in love with their drivers, sometimes running away with their drivers.

not sure what can work

I'd rather run the risk of myself/my mother/my daughter getting in a car accident than have them raped or molested by their drivers. This isn't wide spread but I seriously DO NOT understand any reasoning behind his prohibition of women driving and I see it as entirely irrational.

So what if a man gets in an accident? It's not like men are immune to auto accidents. Maybe they should just get rid of cars and transportation as a whole since no one seems to be able to deal with it in a mature and logical manner!

I am so, so glad that I live in the West. Islam has made me more patriotic, lol, after seeing and learning more about stuff like this.