Should my wife cover....

DanyalSAC

Asalaamu alailkum...

When and if I meet the lady I wish to marry inshallah (and alhamduillah I *might* have found her, inshallah!) will she have to remain covered if we go to visit my parents? We would stay with them in their house - they live out in the boondocks of the state of Washington - but I am thinking she might have to cover around my father. I know she would around my brothers, but I am not sure about my parents.

JAK
D.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
wa alaikom assalam
A woman cannot marry her husband's father so that he his her Mahram . Hence , she doesn't need to cover arround him .

Allah said : " And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms,) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islâm), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allâh to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful "

Annour - 31

And congratulations in advance :)

DanyalSAC

wa alaikom assalam
A woman cannot marry her husband's father so that he his her Mahram . Hence , she doesn't need to cover arround him .

Allah said : " And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms,) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islâm), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allâh to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful "

Annour - 31

Thank you so much, sister. I appreciate this! And please make dua for me; things will work out as Allah swt wishes but I think this sister & I would be perfect for each other. And she agrees!

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Insha'a Allah :)

May Allah choose the best for you and reward your patience .

Don't forget tomorrow is Jum3ah ( Friday ) so increase your du'a asking Allah to make everything easy for you .

May God make your life full of happiness .

hana*

MashaAllah Daniel, that is great news, im very happy for you. May Allah give you a good wife that will keep you happy inshaAllah.

remember to do istikhara

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Salaam

Thats great news!! :jumpclap: I hope everything works out InshaAllah. May Allah bless you both! Ameen

ShyHijabi

Asalaam aleakum,

Brother Daniel I am over here grinning from ear to ear for you. I will actually ask my husband to make dua for you as well as myself. Insh'Allah she will be your match and you will grow old and gray (grey?) together!

DanyalSAC

Asalaam aleakum,

Brother Daniel I am over here grinning from ear to ear for you. I will actually ask my husband to make dua for you as well as myself. Insh'Allah she will be your match and you will grow old and gray (grey?) together!

Wa alaikum salaam - thank you & your husband, sister... I'm already halfway there... but thanks to "Just For Men" nobody notices!

(in case someone doesn't know - "Just For Men" is a product designed for men to dye the grey out of the beard...)

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Asalaamu alailkum...

When and if I meet the lady I wish to marry inshallah (and alhamduillah I *might* have found her, inshallah!) will she have to remain covered if we go to visit my parents? We would stay with them in their house - they live out in the boondocks of the state of Washington - but I am thinking she might have to cover around my father. I know she would around my brothers, but I am not sure about my parents.

JAK
D.

:salam2:
Assalam-o-alikum brother Danyal,

This is such a great news brother, I can't tell you how much happiness I felt when I read your post.

My dua for you is that Allah (SWT) provide you the best life partner, to whom you get married and she loves you deeply, cares for you, and you have wonderful children and have a nice and cosy "home sweet home" where you love to come to after work. And with that beautiful sister you live happily ever after. Ameen !!!

Brother you a good Muslim, you deserve this, and in the hereafter you will get much more. InshaAllah !

Congratulations to you and to that sister in advance.
:wasalam:

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
wa alaikom assalam

Annour - 31

:salam2:, that ayah is referring to the husband's father as far as what I know. Since your not married yet, I don't know if your father is a mahram. Wallaahu a'lam, I will let you know if i find out anything regarding this matter.

Wa salaamu 'alaikkum

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Wa allaicumu Sallam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Allhamdullilah, brothers and sisters have already answered on your question, I will just add that Allah has been mercifull toward you and toward us when He guided you to Islam.

MashAllah for the good news dear brother. Inshallah everything will pass well for you.

May Allah bless you always and keep you in His protection.Ameen

Assalamu Allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

mor3b

may Allah give us alots knowlage

nice Q my brother , ur wife should cover his baby and hair for anyone is not ur father , uncle grandfater , ur mother brother and . i ask allah for make us know what we to do

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I'm really really happy for you, akhi-Danyaal! I'm making dua for you over here that things work out for you fully, ameen! May you be happy in this life and in the hereafter. You're a good muslim, and you deserve this, inshallah!

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Your question had been already answered..but I will provide you with a link to a fatwa in case you need it for reference...

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/5538/من هم محارم المرْأة

May Allah put before you all the khair this woman possesses..may He instill within her heart love and compassion towards you..make her eager to cherish you and comfort you..and may He (sobhanaho wa ta'ala) bless you with pious children from her..so you may all be counted amongst those sitting on beds of silk in the highest of Jannahs..Ameen..Ameen..Ameen

:wasalam:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:wasalam: akhi Danyal,

It gives me joy to read this thread of yours. May Allah swt grant you a pious and loving spouse. Ameen

And as some brothers and sisters have mentioned, remember to make Istikhara.

Wasalaamalaikum waa rahmatullahi

arzafar

Mubarkan Mr. Danial,
Inshallah this soon to be marriage will bring you both Allah's blessings and bounties. Ameen!

does anybody feel hungry? where is the food?? :lol: