Special Ramadhan Thread

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam aleikum waRahmatulaah waBarakatu,

Well, well.. an old member's making a come-back :SMILY335:

I pray that all my brothers and sisters are well and steadily preparing for the Blessed month of Ramadhan.

We have about 2 weeks or a bit more left before welcoming Ramadhan. However, I have not seen many threads talking about it..

Therefore, i'm proposing to open this thread and i am inviting you all to post informations, videos, incovations, forgotten sunnan or anything authenticallz proved regarding Ramadhan.

For example, if someone has prepared a time-table or has a plan to take full advantage of Ramadhan: whz not post it here_

Let me also remind you, May Allaah have mercy on you, that anything you shall post will be, inshallaah, in your favour on Yawmi-l Qiyyama.. so do not restrict yourself BUT, please try not to post more than a page :)
ps: Big kiss & hug to Isra, Samiha & Aquarious

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:salam2: Sister,

May Allah reward you! And welcome back!

Actually, less than two weeks to go. First of Ramadan will be on either Friday August 21, or Saturday August 22, depending on the moonsighting here in Saudi Arabia.

We should look to the example of the Prophet, his Companions, and the earliest generation of Muslims if we want to get the maximum benefit from this blessed month. He said:

“The best of my Ummah would be those of the generation nearest to mine. Then those nearest to them, then those nearest to them." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (2652) and Sahîh Muslim (2533)]

We will look at some of the thing Pious Predecessors used to pay extra attention to during the month of Ramadan:

Reading the Qur'ân

Allah says:

"The month of Ramadan is that in which the Qur'ân was revealed." [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 185]

For this reason, we find that the Pious Predecessors used to increase their recitation of the Qur'ân in Ramadan. Ibrâhîm al-Nakha`î tells us: "Al-Aswad b. Yazîd used to complete reading the entire Qurân every two nights in Ramadan. He would sleep between Maghrib and Ishâ'. Outside of Ramadan, he would complete reading the Qur'ân every six nights."

`Abd al-Malik b. Abî Sulaymân tells us that Sa`îd b. Jubayr would also complete a reading of the Qur'ân every two nights in Ramadan.

It is also mentioned that al-Walîd used to normally complete the Qur'ân every three nights, but in the month of Ramadan, he would read it in its entirety seventeen times.

Salâm b. Abî Mutî` informs us that Qatâdah used to normally take seven days to read the Qur'ân, but in Ramadan he would take three days to do so. Indeed, during the last ten nights of Ramadan, he would read the entire Qur'ân every night.

Al-Qâsim b. `Alî describes his father – Ibn `Asâkir, the famed author of The History of Damascus – as follows: "He used to always observe his prayers in congregation and was constant in the recitation of the Qur'ân. He would always complete a reading of the entire Qur'ân by Friday. However, in Ramadan, he would do so every day and retreat to the eastern minaret of the mosque."

Al-Dhahabî writes the following about Abû Barakât Hibah Allah b. Mahfûz: "He learned Islamic Law and read the Qur'ân. He was known for his charity and his good deeds. In the month of Ramadan, he would read the Qur'ân thirty times."

Standing for Prayer in the Middle of the Night

Al-Sâ'ib b. Yazîd relates: "`Umar b. al-Khattâb ordered Ubayy b. Ka`b and Tamîm al-Dârî to lead the people in prayer in Ramadan. They would each read hundreds of verses at a go, until we had to support ourselves with canes due to the length of time we had to stand. We would only finish praying close to the time of Fajr." [Musannaf `Abd al-Razzâq (7730) and Sunan al-Bayhaqî (4392)]

`Abd Allah, the son of Abû Bakr, relates that he heard his father say: "By the time we finished our prayers in Ramadan, the servants would have to rush to prepare food in fear of Fajr coming in." [al-Muwatta' (254)]

`Abd al-Rahmâb b. Hurmuz tells us: "The reciters (leading the prayers) would complete the reading of Sûrah al-Baqarah in eight units of prayer. When the reciters took twelve units of prayer to complete it, the people regarded it as if the reciters were making things easy for them." [Musannaf `Abd al-Razzâq (7734) and Sunan al-Bayhaqî (4401)]

Nâfi` relates that Ibn `Umar used to pray in his house during the month of Ramadan. When the people departed from the mosque, he would go off to the prophet's Mosque, taking a flask of water with him. He would not leave the mosque again until after the Morning Prayer. [Sunan al-Bayhaqî (4384)]

`Imrân b. Hudayr tells us that Abû Mijlaz would lead the prayers in Ramadan for the people in his neighborhood. He would recite the Qur'ân in full in prayer in the course of seven days. [Musannaf Ibn Abî Shaybah (7677)]

Giving Generously in Charity

Ibn `Abbâs says:

"Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) was the most generous of all people in doing good, and he was at his most generous during the month of Ramadan. Gabriel used to meet with him every year throughout the month of Ramadan, so the Prophet could recite the Qur'ân to him. Whenever Gabriel met with him, he became more generous than a beneficial breeze." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (1902) and Sahîh Muslim (2308)]

Al-Muhallab makes the following observation about this hadîth [Ibn Battâl, Commentary on Sahîh al-Bukhârî (4/22-23)]:

This shows the blessings of good works and that engaging in some good deeds opens the door to the performance of others. The practice of doing some good deeds assists one in further good works. We can see here that the blessings of fasting and of meeting Gabriel increased the Prophet's in generosity and charity, so much so that he became more generous that a beneficial breeze.

Al-Zayn b. al-Munîr explains the comparison with a "beneficial breeze" as follows [al-`Asqalânî, Fath al-Bârî (4/139)]:

His charity and good treatment for those who are poor and needy - as well as for those who are well-off and possess sufficient means - is as general as the relief brought by a beneficial breeze.

Al-Shâfî`î said: "It is liked for a person to increase his charity in the month of Ramadan. This is following the Prophet's example. It is also in consideration of the people's needs and their welfare, since so many of them are distracted from earning their livelihood due to their preoccupation with fasting and prayer."

Ibn `Umar used to never break his fast except in the company of the poor. Whenever someone came to him while he was eating and begged him for something, Ibn `Umar would take from his food what he deemed to be his rightful share and then he would stand up and leave the rest of the food for that person. He would then take what was in his hand and give it to his family, so that when he woke up the next morning to resume his fast, he would not have eaten anything the night before. [Latâ'if al-Ma`ârif (314)]

Yûnus b. Yazîd thells us that during the month of Ramadan, Ibn Shihâb would engage in nothing besides reciting the Qur'ân and providing food for the poor.

Hammâd b. Abî Sulaymân would take it upon himself to provide food five hundred people to break their fast with during the month of Ramadan. Then, on the day of `îd, he would give each of those people one hundred pieces of silver.

Safeguarding the Tongue

Abû Hurayrah relates that the prophet (peace be upon him) said:

"Whoever does not abandon false speech and acting falsely, then Allah has no need of his abandoning food and drink." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (1903)]

Al-Muhallab makes the following observation about this hadîth [Ibn Battâl, Commentary on Sahîh al-Bukhârî (4/23)]:

This shows that fasting entails refraining from obscene and false speech just like it entails refraining from food and drink. A person who engages in false or obscene speech detracts from the value of his fast, He exposes himself to his Lord's displeasure and to the possibility of his fast not being accepted.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

"If one of you starts off the day fasting, he should avoid obscene speech and ignorant behavior. If someone abuses him or starts to fight with him, he should reply by saying: 'I am fasting. I am fasting'." [Sahîh Muslim (1151)]

Al-Mazarî observes about this hadîth:

It is possible that the person is recommended to say "I am fasting. I am fasting" merely to remind himself, so that he refrains from getting involved in the exchange of insults.

`Umar b. al-Khattâb said: "One does not merely fast from food and drink, but also from lying, from falsehood, from vain talk, and from swearing." [Musannaf Ibn Abî Shaybah (8882)]

`Alî b. Abî Tâlib said: "Fasting is not to leave off food and drink, but rather to leave off lying, falsehood, and vain talk." [Musannaf Ibn Abî Shaybah (8884)]

Talq b. Qays tells us that Abû Dharr said: "When you fast, then be on your guard as mush as possible." As for Talq, when he fasted, he only emerged from his home in order to go to the mosque for prayers. [Musannaf Ibn Abî Shaybah (8878)]

Jâbir b. `Abd Allah said: "When you fast, your hearing, your vision, and your tongue should also fast – by avoiding lies and sins. You should not abuse your servant. You should maintain your composure and dignity on the day that you fast. Do not make your fasting day the same as your normal day." [Musannaf Ibn Abî Shaybah (8880)]

`Atâ' tells us that Abû Hurayrah said: "When you fast, do not act in an ignorant manner and do not insult people. If someone acts ignorantly towards you, say: 'I am fasting'." [Musannaf `Abd al-Razzâq (7456)]

Mujâhid said: "If you avoid two things, then your fast will be alright. You must avoid backbiting and lying."

Abû al-`Âliyah said: "A fasting person is engaged in worship as long as he does not backbite someone."

:salam2:

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Barakallaah Feek, that's a post good for printing mashallaah|
I pray you and the whole family are well, May Allaah reward you.

Can I also add, all Praises are due to Allaah, that during Ramadhan the masajiids are full and it warms one's heart to see so many people united behind one imam.

However, whoever says more people says more work to clean and to maintain the masjiid in a clean state for the worshippers right?

So, One could go at least once during Ramadhan and help out in the cleaning progress. Maybe if the masjiid has a cleaning team then help them and if not then volunteer yourself and do not leave out the toilets. It is a hard work which is not always regarded with attention.

Let's remember the lady who used to clean the Prophet salallaah aleyhi wa salaam's masjiid and who died. The Prophet sallalaah aleihi wa salaam noticed her absence and questionned his compagnions who told him that she passed away. He went to her grave and prayed Janaza over her.. Mashallaaah.

This is as much for the sisters than for the brothers.

Who else can propose another idea?

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu Allaicum dear sister

Jazzak Allah khair for sharing this beautiful thread about Raamadthan MashAllah.:hijabi:

I would like to add something for Raamadthan,InshAllah.

It has been naraated from Abu Hurairah that Allahs Messanger s.a.w.s said: "Allah Almighty sais:"Every work of man is belonging to him,except the fast. He is belonging to Me,and I will reword for it,The fast is Protection. When some of you fast,do not talk bad and do not high your voice.
If someone atack him,he should say "I am fasting" I swear with the One in which Hand is the life of Mohammed,the smell of the one who is fasting is more pleasent on day of Judgment than the smell of misk.
The one who is fasting has two happiness:When he break his fast he is happy,and when he meat His Lord he will be happy becasue of His fast".

It has been naarated from Abu Hurairah that Allahs Messanger s.a.w.s. said: "When raamadthan comes,Janaah doors open,Jahanaams doors closed and Shaytans are traped."

It has been naarated from Sahl bin Saad that Allahs messanger s.a.w.s. said:"people will be in good as long as they be in hurry for ifthar.

And I would also like to add that it is very nice to make ifthar for your relatives,family,and neighbours because there is big reword for the one who feed those who fast:hijabi:. Mashallah.

May Allah fullfill all Muslim homes with happiness and blessings in Raamadthan and always.Ameen.:tti_sister:

:wasalam:

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
:wasalam: warahmatullahi wabarakathuhu dear sister Libin:hearts:
Welcome back! and hope your in good health and imaan. :)

'Old member'= lol i hope your retirement isnt any time soon. :D Continue to work righteousness, inshAllah.

I just like to add some virtues of this blessed month.:ma:

Allah says [meaning]: "O you who believe, fasting has been prescribed for you as it has been prescribed for people before you so that you will (learn how to) attain Taqwa" [al-Baqarah, 2:183]​

Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet (S) said " The blessed month has come to you. Allah has made fasting during it obligatory upon you. During it the gates to Paradise are opened and the gates of Hellfire are locked, and the devils are chained. There is a night [during this month] which is better than a thousand months. Whoever is deprived of its good is really deprived [of something great]. [Ahmad, an-Nisa'i and al-Bayhaqi].​

Abu Huraira, radhiya Allahu reported The Prophet said, "Allah said: The Fast is for Me and I will give the reward for it, as he (the one who observes the fast) leaves his sexual desire, food and drink for My Sake. Fasting is a screen (from Hell) and there are two pleasures (moments of happiness or joys) for a fasting person, one at the time of breaking his fast, and the other at the time when he will meet his Lord. And the smell of the mouth of a fasting person is better in Allah's Sight than the smell of musk." [Bukhari]​

Abu Huraira narrated that Allah's Messenger said : "Whoever observes fasts during the month of Ramadan out of sincere faith, and hoping to attain Allah's rewards, then all his past sins will be forgiven." [Bukhari]​

I added an attachment of our Prophet (peace be upon him) supplication's he made. A fasting person's supplication is not rejected:

`Abdullah Ibn `Amr Ibn al-`Aas also reported that the Messenger of Allah, salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam, said: "Indeed there is for the fasting person, when he breaks his fast, a supplication which is not rejected".
[Ibn Majah, al-Hakim and others; Sahih]

May this blessed month be a means where Allah Ta’ala accepts our fasts, forgives our sins through His mercy and ultimately grants us salvation from the fire of Hell and the honour of seeing our Lord . Ameen.

Wasalam

Attachments

• dua-book.pdf
    585 KB · Views: 11

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam aleikum|

Mashallaah, Jazakiallaah kheiran to my sisters Asja and Aquarious who, May Allaah grant them peace, provided us with good information.

Indeed, as sister Asja mentionned, cooking for the iftar is an enormous blessing because the one who gives food for the fasting person will get the same regard as him without diminishing the faster's reward in anything. Subhnallaah. What an opportunity for all the muslim women in the month of Ramadan, so do not think that u are wasting your time when you are cooking during the day because indeed you shall be rewarded by Allaah.

Alhamdoulilaah.

Okay, anyone else who could provide us with other informations?

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member

masha'Allah Umm Zubayr, nice thread!

Well, I'm with you, let's try to help the masjids, maybe providing also some dates for maghrib time insha'Allah:

Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet ( صلي الله عليه وسلم) came to visit Sa`d bin `Ubadah (may Allah be pleased with him) who presented bread and olive oil to him. The Prophet ( صلي الله عليه وسلم) ate it and said, "The observers of fast have broken their fast with you (this is the literal translation, but the meaning is: 'May Allah reward you for providing a fasting people with food to break their fast'); the pious people have eaten your food and the angels invoked blessings o*!n you.'' [Abu Dawud].

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Wa aleikum salaam Um Muhammad al-Mahdi (that is beautiful mashallaah),

Jazakiallaah kheiran|

Have you prepared a time-table for the qirrat of the Qurân or have you got a plan? As brother Happy2bmuslim mentionned: "The month of Ramadan is that in which the Qur'ân was revealed." [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 185] So, Every single letter which is read you would get, by Allaah's grace, 10 rewards. We got to take FULL advantage..

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
ALLAHOMA BARIK LANA FI CHA’ABAN WA BALIGHNA RAMADAN

اللهم بارك لنا في شعبان و بلغنا رمضان

O Allaah bless us in Chabaan and allow us to stay till Ramadhan.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
Here is a great opportunity to study Quran during this blessed month ...

Al Huda Ramadan Programs Online

Bismillah,
Dear All,

Assalamualaikum,
Ramadan is on its way. Let us spend it in a different way then the rest of our year. During this blessed month, besides our regular Ibaadah, we also need to dedicate some time to understand and learn the Qura'n. and Hadith to strengthen our Taqwa and love for Prophet s.a.w. For this reason, we are offering short yet comprehensive "Ramadan Programs during Aug-Sept, 2009". Any one of these programs will inshaAllah make your Ramadan a more fruitful one.
Please click the link below for details on different programs being offered during this blessed month.
http://study.taleemalquran.com/ramadancoursesinfo

Wasalam,

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
Beautiful thread, mashallah.

Narrated Abu Hurairah(RA) Allah's Apostle said, "When the month of Ramadan starts, the gates of heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed and the devils are chained."

Whatever bad we do in this month is of ourselves, satan is locked up. Lets not only fast for deprivation of food, but to increase us in Iman and to get closer to Allah.:hijabi:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam my dearest brothers and sisters,

We are given an opportunity to receive the blessings of Allah for one month. We are given an opportunity to commune as a family. We are given an opportunity to be with each other.
We are given a gift..let us remember how precious a gift Ramadan is and let us simply say Alhumdullia that we are the recipients of a divine blessing.

halah

Asslamu alikum

May Allah grant us all a happy and blessed Ramadan,I came across this atricle and I like to share it with you as it suits this thread;

I seek refuge in Allah, The All-Hearing All-knowledgeable from the rejected Shaytan.

By the name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Most Merciful,

Praise be to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon the chosen prophet and his honourable family.

To proceed,

I hereby ask Allah to make all our deeds righteous, sincere to Him, and not let anything of them go to other than Him.

Dear brothers and sisters,

When you expect a precious guest, what do you do?

You will do your best to please, entertain and accommodate that guest.

You would await his arrival with great anticipation, wouldn't you?

And when he arrives, you would wish for him to stay and never leave,

Isn't that right?!

But what if this guest was incredibly generous and was going to bring blessings that would change your life,

A guest whose arrival will bring happiness and joy to people's hearts...

A most precious guest...

A most beloved guest...

The guest is Ramadan.

And Ramadan has arrived!

Praise be to you, oh Allah!

The prophet, may peace and blessings be upon him, used to congratulate his companions when Ramadan arrives: ‘The month of Ramadan has come to you; a blessed month for the duration of which Allah has prescribed fasting upon you. During it, the gates of Heaven are opened, the gates of Hell are shut and the devils are put in chains. In it, there is a night that is better than one thousand months, whoever is deprived from its bounty, will be indeed deprived." Narrated by Imam Ahmad and classified as hasan.

I ask Allah to help us be grateful for this great blessing.

Oh Allah, bring this month upon us with peace, faith, safety, submission to You and guidance to all that You love and accept. You are the Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

This blessing is truly priceless. If we really understand the greatness of it we would do anything to attain Allah's content.

Imam Ahmad narrated and classified as hasan that ‘two men converted to Islam with the prophet - may peace and blessings be upon him -. One was martyred and the other died a year later [that is, one fought with the prophet and was martyred, and the other died naturally a year later]. Talha said, ‘I dreamt that the second man was admitted to Paradise before the martyr. Next morning, I related it to the prophet - may peace and blessings be upon him - and he said: "Didn't he fast Ramadan and prayed six thousand and so and so Raka'as; the prayers of an entire year?" Even though the first man was a martyr, the other man went to paradise because he fasted one more Ramadan. Imagine that!

The prophet may peace and blessings be upon him said: "Any guest who stays with a people and does not receive his due hospitality has the right to take from them what would make them hospitable, and he cannot be held blamed."(classified as Sahih by alAlbani) This means that Ramadan has a right upon you, and if you don't give Ramadan its due hospitality (of worship to Allah), Ramadan has the right to take it from you. This refers to the hadeeth when Angel Jibreel told the prophet: "Oh Mohammad! Whoever witnesses Ramadan then dies before he was forgiven, shall enter Hell... shall be sent away from Allah. Say: Amen". The prophet peace be upon him said ‘Amen'. [narrated by Tabarani and classified as Sahih by alAlbani]

The prophet cursed the people who will not get Allah's forgiveness in Ramadan because they did not take advantage of this great chance.

Do you feel the greatness of Allah's grace upon us that we are missing?

Allah is so generous to make us reach Ramadan of this year. That could be our chance to go closer towards Him - praised and exalted He is.

You have to determine to change from within your heart. Although we are full of sins and shortcomings, Allah's mercy and generosity is greater and this is why we are given this chance.

We want to insist on ourselves that this year will be different from last year. So say it, from you heart:

By Allah, I will change this year!

You will change with Allah's power and not yours. We all feel that we are far away from Allah. This is our chance to change and start a new page in our relation with Allah. Chances are many, Paradise is all opened, Hell is all shut, and Allah will surely forgive our sins and mistakes if we just take this chance... the chance to erase all our sins.

So, for he who is reluctant in prayers...

For he who commits the great sins...

For those who can't stop sinning...

For you who want to be close to Allah...

The opportunity to fix all that is between us and Allah has come!

So, who wants to enter the race and who is going to win it? Who wants to win the goods of Ramadan? Must be the luckiest person.

Whoever is going to win the goods of Ramadan must have special qualities...

You should prepare yourself from this moment to attain those qualities:

Should have an iron will, a solid determination that does not know laziness or giving up,
Should not have the word ‘losing' in their dictionary,
Should have challenge in their path and sincerity as their motto,

These should be your qualities starting this moment. So, are you up for it?

islam_best

Assalaamalaikum warahmatullahi wabarakathuu,

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ramadhan will be back Inshallah!!!! Cant beleive it,its back so soon Mashallah!!The obly thing i can do for mt TTI family is-

Ya Mujeeb plsssssssss make us do a lot of Dua in ramadha especially in The Night of Power seekinf Your Mercy,Grace,Light,Guidance,Fear,Love,Mercy,Intelligence,Forgiveness,refuge from the torment of the grave,day of judgement and hell-fire and Jannatul-firdous in the hereafter, refuge from the evil of this, to make us abide by the ultimate truth sent down by Your mercy and never the delusion,pomp,glitter of this life and never seeking our vain wordly desires but always in Your decotin, praising and glorifying You with every breath of ours throughout ur lives till our deaths Inshallah. and Ya Raheem grant these duas for now as well.Ammen Ya Mujeeb.AMeen Ya Rahmaan.Ameen Ya Raheem.Ameen Ya Rabbula'lameen.Ameen Ya Allah.Ameen.

Wassalaamalaikum warahmatulahi wabarakathuu.

Loyal Servant

~ AllahuAkbar
Assalamualaikum Brothers and sisters.
Ramadan is just a day away. So RAMADAN KAREEM to all of you.
As read in a mail, to complete ONE quran during ramadan one should read 4.5 pages after every prayer.And for females, it should be 6.5 pages after every Namaz.

Salam !

rightpath_357

okay. my post is going to be a short one. but i rwealize it's easier to fast if u r busy and moving-and take a short nap in the afternoon,. its good for u!