Stuck

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I have a question. As I glance over the topics and the number of responses I am always amazed that we spend so much time on the non-issues. We have responses for the Christian that will not revert and mocks our replies. I do not see the same effort for working towards helping Muslims. Why do we not see topics on the condition of Muslims and how to improve them. In a sense I do not see leadership. This is a forum...but I think we need more direction ...it may be my bias. We all know that I tend to hold strong opinions. The moderators are doing a good job...I am urging the members to do more....This week I am stuck on the word jihad. I feel we are sincerely lacking conviction for our faith. We talk about the easy stuff...now..who is going to step up?

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Asalama aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu dear sister i usually read what is based on ISLAM and there by reply thanking him or her for what they posted. In my case i usually post the shahaabas (the companions of the prophet s.a.w) who really affect me positivly, in the way they use to practise ISLAM. but there not many of us who are intrested in readig them all we to read is latest stories and i do agree with what you said .Asalama aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Asalamalikum respected sister,

Yes, we do spend a lot of time & effort on topics that are stagnant. There are many Islamic discussions that we need to raise up instead of keeping them quiet to ourselves. Let's dig a little deeper and find some core issues that needs to be brought up.....

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Dear sister ... I appreiate your sentiments but really, we need to remember what this forum is for (Turn To Islam). I think it is not in our advantage to abuse this forum.

How do you know that guy will not convert ? I think this negative attitude is part of our problem and please forgive me for saying that.

I think part of the problem is the way we view thr forum (I personally go to the latest posts). This will inevitably boost threads that have lots of "arguing". A change in this might improve the viewing of rather less controversial threads. I personally always try to reply to threads that have an interesting message even by just saying "thank you" to bump it up ...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I do not see us addressing critical issues as an abuse of this forum. I see us needing to wake up our members to the reality of living a life as a Muslim.

By no means am I suggesting that we not try to speak to someone to revert, but is the side stuff....

I am speaking on global...national ..and ...local levels. Brother we also need a voice for our sisters who have to go to the kuffir for basic necessities..now I know you are not telling me that is abusing this forum..

Thank you for allowing me to push us..come folks..let's get real and get a grip..it one thing to discuss the prospects of going to jannath...it is another to strive to rid the oppressors so others can have the time to breathe and hey whats wrong with eating...sleep without worrying...feeding a child...clothing a village...using our masjids to hold soup kitchens..to feed anyone who is hungry...

And yes, let us get political...let us stand tall..let us not stay home when others suffer..but it is not an I can do it..it is a we are the ummath..thing..

We have everything we need...so let's move!!!! Living means being involved and being involved means we have to be humble enough to get our hands a little dirty..Our Prophet (swas) did.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

We have responses for the Christian that will not revert and mocks our replies

Well, you cant say the above statment unless you know the un known, people hearts changes in sec, the heart is in the hand Allah he can flip it in less than sec.

Yes we can talk about other issue on how to help Muslims' but the strongest weapon is to make Duaa.

Wa salaam alikom

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
I have to agree with you, but how do you know that people are not already involved in some practical activities ? How do you know that people do not give out sadakah ? How do you know they are not doing dua'a ? How do you know they are not solidifying their knowledge ...etc ?

Frankly, I find political campaining and petitions a total waste of time. Demonstratiosn antagonise people and achieve next to nothing. I'd rather have a dialogue with one person and slowly and gently put across the points I want to make, than go out on the streets and organise a million people gathering ... all that they will do is shouting and will achieve nothing.

and I have to say ... the more I look into the state of the Ummah, the more I realise it is the lack of knowledge that is the big problem. Do not under estimate the power of spreading the correct faith and sunnah. We only became bits & pieces when we left the correct path and it is then that our enemies triumphed on us. What good is it if muslims were materially strong and had the wrong aqeedah (faith) ? ... we don't lack numbers ... we don't lack resources ... we lack the right belief which Muhammad (peace be upon him) brought to us. I feel that all our afflictions are gentle reminders from Allah -glorified may He be- to us to retrun to the correct way.

This -of course- does not mean that should you make a practical suggestion, we would not join up. Iman (faith) is in the heart but approved by the sayings and actions after all.

Be safe.

Jannah03

Asalaamu alakum,
the dear sister is just saying how she feels the forum is going... She wasnt trying to say no one is making contribution in other aspects. I think she was saying as muslims we need to talk about the harder issues. Shes has brung up many talks about our brothers in cuba being imprisoned and i have learned a lot from her posts. she has a point. From what you see most people view not so important, not really islamically based topics. Even i have the same view as her, i just never posted it. Inshallah the people here will get more involved with the 'real issues' as such as learning the 3 subjects under Tawheed, and how important it is to follow quran and sunnah, and the importance of jihad, hijab, making Tawba and the such.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
I respect the love that apaa has for muslims under oppression. It is hard to ignore that and pretend everything is going well.

We can't do a few things and ignore others.

Sister mirajmom is correct that some other issues should also get our attention and perhaps change our behaviour a little bit on this forum.

On one hand, if we look, there are many muslim countries and also as frequently mentioned, almost 1.5 billion muslims in the world.

Don't we already have enough muslims in the world?

If the existing muslims truly become muslims, not only we can stop Zionist oppressors from doing what they do to Palestinians, but also establish Khilafah of Allah on earth as it is the main purpose of our creation.

But on the other hand, we can not ignore this command of Allah s.w.t:

"And from among you there should be a party who invite to good and enjoin what is right and forbid the wrong, and these it is that shall be successful."
Quran, 3:104

Consequently, it is the right of every human being to recieve the light of Islam. It is upto them wether they take it or leave it.

More often than not, I really don't fancy arguing with Christians.
It is unfortunate that even if they want to learn something, they do it in the form of debate,
rather than asking a question and listening to the answer and after getting the answer, either accepting it or leaving it.

I have to say, no matter what I do, I can't sleep in peace knowing that palestinian child is living in horror, day in and day out.

His/her face, filled with horror is staring at me, asking me that i cried for too long, but no one seems to hear me, will you at least raise your voice for me?

Can someone tell me who I can donate to so that it reaches my palastinian brothers and sisters.

Jazakallah kahir

justoneofmillion

Salaam,

I have a question. As I glance over the topics and the number of responses I am always amazed that we spend so much time on the non-issues. We have responses for the Christian that will not revert and mocks our replies. I do not see the same effort for working towards helping Muslims. Why do we not see topics on the condition of Muslims and how to improve them. In a sense I do not see leadership. This is a forum...but I think we need more direction ...it may be my bias. We all know that I tend to hold strong opinions. The moderators are doing a good job...I am urging the members to do more....This week I am stuck on the word jihad. I feel we are sincerely lacking conviction for our faith. We talk about the easy stuff...now..who is going to step up?
:salam2:hope you are in the best of your health inshallah i do agree with you awareness is worth to be raised we can not live detached from our environment and that which is affecting my brother needs at least to be spoken of and given it s rightful importance
here look appa empty what do you wanna do:frown: inshallah we will all get a better understanding:)
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24844
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=154721#post154721

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i think this site has a variety of purposes. many of which has kept me out of a lot of trouble. whenever we write or post a thread here, on the bottom screen before you submit the post, you'll see tons of icons and they describe the type of thread that you're posting. there are icons that say: " serious ", " debate" , " humor " etc.

there are some people coming to this site because they want to become muslim or at least learn about islam. some muslims because they have questions that they hope they can get the answers to. some come to share knowledge that they learned to others. and as i said earlier, it has kept me out of trouble so the main thing is that this site provides believers with Support.

yeah there are many threads that aren't based on serious issues, but many people like myself view the people here as family. especially me, since i have no muslim friends and if i didn't have this site i'd never have any discussion with anybody. even though i don't know any of you, i love you all for the sake of ALLAH SWT. so i am interested in hearing the comings and goings of everybody's day, it's nice to read beautiful islamic poems, it's nice when people post beautiful pics of mekkah and medinah. i have learned a lot from brother Mabsoot, Sis Mirajmom, al bint muslimah, abou haytam, adriatic boy, palestine and GLOBALPEACE. where is he by the way?
:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister Harb works so hard to keep us posted and she has contacts. We also have this website...we can write to many many organizations..we can have some members who are glib with words write to orgnizations such as Amenesty International...we can have sisters make scarfs and have quilting bees to make quits to donate...it does not take money.
I have long long given up the protesting...it cost a lot personally..I got tired of being fired from jobs..but we can not be silent lambs...
I am not suggesting that we only become political. Some do and others can make contributions in thier way.

My dear brother in Islam, Dr. Sami Al-Arian has discussed the need for us to give up our safety zone. I know I am guilty of it. I have my creature comforts. Yet, I receive energy from my brothers and sisters at this website. Everything is connected, if we give so others can receive we gain blessings for the entire world.
Islam is a way of life. This implies it is action oriented. Our Prophet (swas) did not walk slowly..neither should we.

Given that what are the "hard isssues" that we are need to address. Come on guys..it time for you to help me out...what do you think is important for us ..this website connects us...

For example Jan. 11 marks six years of the hell hole they call Guantanamo. The members who live in the US could flood the offices of our congressmen..afterall it is our intent that often moves mountains.

your aapa.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Bismillah.

Assalamu alaykum.

It's really late here, so please bear with me while I try to form a coherent reply to this which will incorporate all that I mean to.

There are two sides to this issue as I see it sister Mirajmom. It's not just a burning passion which can arouse in one to learn of all matters of the Deen and suddenly highlight upon a topic and be able to comprehende all that it entails in a moment. Islaam, is so much more and we know it. It encompasses so many details and things that even if one were to spend a lifetime they wouldn't know everything there was or even half!

What I feel is that many Muslims nowadays jump to topics which they do not have enough, well knowledge for one persay, nor ability to discuss. It becomes talk which has no value as it is not funded on clear knowledge of Qur'aan and Sunnah from scholars, but rather opinions. And certain matters of deen have opinions which are/can be dangerous and must be warned against.

I feel perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way? What I'm trying to get across is simply that this site really is not the place for such discussions on Jihaad. It's not a light topic, it's not something which should slide off the tongue at every moment as if we were scholars upon its ruling and conditions as assurdly i acknowledge we are not. And as I myself am among those who are ignorant on this matter, I feel that to encourage large masses of people of various levels of understanding and knowledge, a leeway for expressing any opinions they believe in, is assuredly not correct!

I know that there are some who have maybe knowledge about Jihaad and that of course is good, as was said from people of the past, "Aquire knowledge for you never know when it may come to use" (general) ... and it is an inherent part of our history and deen today and forever will be! Yet, I think more people on this site should be educated on Islaam, and its foundations and its cores and its base, of Tawheed and Aqeedah, of the Qur'aan and its meaning and understanding of it, of learning arabic, of spreading the Sunnah and acting upon it and other things, after which maybe the knowledge of Jihaad from a correct source and scholar should be attempted.

Some youth sis, are inbalanced today. I do not cover all, wallahi (and i dont use this much :D) I dont and am not. I'm not generalizing nor judging all. But there are some whom you may come across, very open and blatant about Jihaad, and calling to it, and hoisting up its flag of Obligation (in regards to fighting the kuffar in battle etc) and spreading those countless curses and things against them, and yet... you ask them about Islaam and Eeman, and who Allah is, and His Names and Attributes, and they fail to answer???

There are levels to understanding the position of Jihaad, surely this can be seen! The Sahabah were instructed in the belief in Allah and oneness of Him, for years and years, before they were told of Halaal and Haraam. Before the call for jihaad went up, the Muslims got stronger, in numbers, in knowledge, in belief. THis is the only way that Jihaad is for the sake of Allah isnt it? If you dont know something how can you love it? How can you sacrafice all you have for it? .... In regards to us, in this time I mean. I think we have so much to learn and Jihaad is one of them yes, but we have to be careful when doing it so we dont fall in with wrongs.

Thus, here and now... I see that in this topic there is no point in discussion. We dont know enough... most of us anyways, and if there is a difference in opinion of that, I keep that with you. I feel it is my duty to prevent any possible mis-interpretations, ignorance, wrong things... by shutting down this thread.

I'm sorry if it causes offence. Below are some Quotes from Imam Malik (rh), from a translation of Kitab al-Jami'

Malik said, "All that has corrupted people is finding interpretations for that which they do not know."

Malik used to disapprove of haste in giving fatwas and he would often hesitate over cases. He would often say, "I do not know." He said, "The shield of the man of knowledge is, 'I do not know.' When he forgets it, his vulnerable parts are hit."

Malik said, "One of the things which conquers a man of knowledge is when he answers everyone who questions him." Ibn 'Abbas said, "Whoever answers people on everything about which they ask is mad." Malik was asked about something and he said, "I don't like to reply to something like this. 'Umar ibn al-Khattab was tested with things like these and he left them and would not give an answer about them."

so we have to be very careful of what we say, how we say it, and if we are answering questions which we are not clearly knowledgable about.

May Allah forgive me for any mistakes I have commited within this post and otherwise, and I ask forgiveness from you all as well, the hour is not one that is agreeable with mental processes.

p.s. !! I did not mean Jihaad should not be learned of. I strongly believe it SHOULD, just not that it should be DISCUSSED on TTI as a separate topic of mere discussion... Allahu 'Alem

I hope you all understand my meaning, and do not take offence. :(

Barakallahu feekum. :SMILY252:

wasalam