The Shia

Should we have a thread to refute the Shi'ite beliefs?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No (state why not below)

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Dr.Khan

Asalamu Aleikum

Brothers and Sisters, take heed to these words!
The Shia are fast in spreading their false doctrine. Many people are converting to this sect rather than following the true way of Islam. We as Muslims must give more Dawah to people. We must be ready to face a Shia in confrontation because by Allah many are very skilled in debating. I had joined a Shia forum and I found many ex-sunnis. It makes me think, If only they weren't so ignorant, if only they found a sunni to help them first, if only if only.

Maybe we can make a whole thread or something where we can pile up every single arguement a Shia can make and then refuting it? Suggestions guys!

To conclude, think about it. We boast of having the fastest growing religion but you seem to forget that many of these converts are Shia!

Peace be upon those who follow the True Guidance

naz haider

Assalam Alaikum

I completely agree with Dr. Khan. I myself was 'about' to walk the Shia path when a very pious and knowledged sister helped me out and educated me about the truth, Alhumdullilah... she saved me from such a major sin.
In India, the Shias are very active. They have juloos, ishtemas, gatherings on large scale... and these events are covered by the media as well. Probably thats the reason many people are attracted more towards their 'belief' (which obviously is wrong). I shudder to think that I might be following the falsehood, save for the sister who educated me.
There are many out there looking, searching for true Allah who fall in this bogus traps and believe it to be the actual Islam... Nauzubillah.
Lets help them.... Dr. Khan this is a very serious and urgent issue... and may Allah bless you for bringing this up.

kayleigh

No. There's hundreds of posts on this forum about it already and it would just create drama. Why bother?

Abdul25

Logical Believer
:salam2:

it is necessary to spread the truth..
i have witnissed myself a german after 6 months of converting to islam started following shi'iat beliefs, because his room mate was shi'it from iraq..
he became so hard liner that now he doesnt shake hands with us, neither comes to masjid and always trying to avoid us..

before following shi'it beliefs , he was a regular visitor to the masjid, and was very humble, now he doesnt want to listen to us..

i donr know what made him follow the shi'its ,

Dr.Khan

Thanks for your input guys. Sister al-muslimah we aren't promoting Shi'ism in any way whatsoever, I would like to say we are refuting their beliefs and strengthening ours at the same time. Many people join this one Shia forum, and when they enter the Sunni/Shia section they get a wrong impression of the way WE follow Islam. The Shia people manipulate many, INCLUDING our own Sunni brothers.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Why do we have to spread discord on a Muslim website. We are trying to unite the ummath. We are not here to tear apart families. We have people reading who are thinking seriously about becoming Muslims.

Brother Khan would you stop your salat in a masjid full of Muslims if the brother next to you was Shia, Sufi, or a hypocrite. How could you know. You could not.

Is it not more important to pray to Allah to reconcile the differences and not present them. Is that not the way of the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him.

So let us close this post.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Walaykumsalaam wa rahmatullahi respected elder sister,

I respect and admire of your noble thought of creating harmony among the muslims in your post. I hope that us fellow TTI members are Insha'Allah able to always continually benefit from your wisdom. :)

However, I don't think that unity is the answer to that what is mentioned in this thread.

We have to understand first of all the importance of understanding the religion in accordance to the teachings of Prophet SallAllahu Alleihi Wasallam and as practised by him. Then we are supposed to seek guidance from our pious predecessors ie the noble first 3 generations of Islam and scholars committed in explaining the deen according to Quran and Sunnah. The flag bearers of the above mentioned methodology in the present time is Ahl al Sunnah wa'al jama'a (and also historically).

All the other sects or deviations who chose to follow the Deen by other erroneous methods have to be given advice and encouraged to give up their false ways. They can't possibly better or outdo the teachings and practices of our noble and beloved Prophet SallAllahu Alleihi WaSallam. Therefore, by giving them advice and refuting their false ways, we are only hoping to champion the teachings of Quran and Sunnah and dealing a blow to accursed Satan who has caused all these deviations.

Most important aspect of their deviation is their deviation in Tawheed. The mission of Rasool SallAllahu Alleihi Wasallam was to re-establish the tawheed on this earth. Therefore, every deviation or false interpretation of tawheed by the other sects puts them at risk of Kufr and Shirk.

The failure in establishing Tawheed ul Uboodiyah (Oneness in worship in Allah) among the deviated sects today is very much reminiscent of the pagan Arabs during the Prophet's SallAllahu Alleihi Wasallam time. I will quote from a book on the brilliant Mohammad Ibn Abdul Wahab rahimullah.

The proper belief in tauheed is comprised of three interrelated
components: (1) The belief in Allah alone as the Lord and Creator of
this and all creation (tauheed al-ruboobiyyah); (2) The belief in the
absolute uniqueness of Allah’s names and attributes, wherein He does
not share in any of the attributes of the created nor does any created
being share in any of the attributes of the Divine (tauheed al-asmaa
wa al-sifaat)4; (3) The belief in and practice of dedicating all acts of worship to Allah and Allah alone (tauheed al-uloohiyya or tauheed alibaadah).
1 All three are essential to make a person a Muslim and a
believer. All three were emphasized and taught by ibn Abdul-
Wahhaab.

However, although (1) is of great importance, it did not occupy
the main position in Muhammad ibn Abdul-Wahhaab’s teachings for
very important reasons: it was something recognized by all the
Muslims and, in fact, it was something acknowledged even by non-
Muslims, such as the polytheists at the time of the Prophet
Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). This last
point ibn Abdul-Wahhaab proved through very clear and explicit
verses of the Quran. The numerous such verses include the following:

“Say: ‘Who provides for you from the sky and the earth? Or who
owns hearing and sight? And who brings out the living from the dead
and the dead from the living? And who disposes the affairs?’ They
will say, ‘Allah.’ Say, ‘Will you not then be afraid of Allah’s
punishment?’”
(Yoonus 31).

“Say: ‘Whose is the earth and whatsoever is therein, if you know?’
They will say, ‘It is Allah’s!’ Say: ‘Yet will you not receive
admonition?’ Say: ‘Who is the Lord of the seven heavens, and the
Lord of the Great Throne?’ They will say, ‘(They belong) to Allah.’
Say: ‘Will you not then fear Allah?’ Say: ‘In whose Hand is the
sovereignty of everything? And He protects (all), while against Whom
there is no protector? (Say) if you know.’ They will say, ‘(All that
belongs) to Allah.’ Say: ‘How then are you deceived and turned away
from the truth? Nay, We have brought them the truth and, verily, they
are liars”
(al-Muminoon 84-90).

“And when harm touches you upon the sea, those that you call upon
vanish from you except Him (Allah alone). But when He brings you
safe to land, you turn away (from Him). And man is ever ungrateful”

(al-Israa 67).

Thus, ibn Abdul-Wahhaab wrote, “The meaning of Godhood
(uloohiyyah) is not only that no one creates, provides sustenance,
manages the affairs, gives life or gives death except Allah. The
disbelievers who fought the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings
of Allah be upon him) affirmed all of that.”1 Hence, as a corollary, it is
not truly the dividing line between Islam and non-Islam and it was not
the main point that the messengers themselves stressed. Ibn Abdul-
Wahhaab stated, “The thing that enters one into Islam is tauheed aluloohiyyah.

This is wherein one does not worship anything except
Allah—not even an angel close [to Allah] or a prophet who was sent
[by Allah].”

Therefore, when a shia'a or sufi or whoever directs his worship to other than Allah azz zawajal , be it to Ali, great Imams, Prophets, Pirs etc. They are negating their Islam by such actions.

Would it really benefit us to turn a blind eye to all these differences for the sake of unity ?

Therefore, to the threadstarter and others who want to refute the deviants, we have to first understand and study Tawheed in great detail before we go about correcting others.

May Allah subhaanahu waa ta'ala increase us in beneficial ilm and protect us from heresies and misguidance. Ameen

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

nizar83

aselemu aleikum, im not saying this is a bad or a good idea...im just trying to remember all of us : ALLAH azza wajall guides whom he pleases, and it is he who leaves some people to go astray...ALLAH is AL HADEE...and at the same time he IS the one that can leave a person to go astray ''yuddil men yashaa''

aselemu aleikum

ps..my experience tells me its better to try and help the people who are humble and really want to be helped in their guidance and search for knowledge///true knowledge..

Dr.Khan

Don't be satisfied with sin by Hazem Shoman
[yt]d1QvhB9z5wg[/yt]

A must watch guys, and it explains why we should.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Would it really benefit us to turn a blind eye to all these differences for the sake of unity ?

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Assalamu Allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

No, it would not benefit us to turn a blind eye to all diferences that exist, but the opposite we would not do good when we know it is our duty to correct mistakes of those who make them and to guide them to correct understanding of Islam.

This means that we should not also "turn a blind eye" and not try to advice and guide those who Allah has put on our way for His sake InshAllah. The Muslims are suppose to try and increase love and harmony between each others.

And the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is reported to have said when asked which believer in Islam is most excellent that, “One from whose tongue and hand the Muslims are safe” (Muslim).

It means that we should not only point on mistakes of others becouse this is the most easiest thing to do, but we should give our best in helping our brothers and sisters to correct them and stay on the right path, so that InshAllah Allah can be pleased with us on this and other world.

It may be that our brother or sister is ignorant of the ruling that it is prohibited. It may be that the knowledge and the evidence regarding that particular action being prohibited never reached the individual. So, rather than openly criticizing other Muslims, one should take the possibility that his brother in the deen may be ignorant of the ruling, which is a valid excuse.

It may be that that brother or sister is just weak in faith. And it may be that he/she is under certain circumstances, problems, concerns, etc. which one may not be aware of. We are not in their shoes and are not aware of the circumstances in their lives and why they are choosing to do a certain prohibited action. It may be that he/she feels bad in their heart but are not currently able to leave that prohibition either due to weak faith, certain circumstances, problems, and other possible scenarios. So a Muslim should always give his brother or sister the benefit of doubt before judging them.

In the hadith related by Tamim ad-Dari, the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, "The religion is naseehah." The people asked, "To whom?" The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) replied, "To Allaah and to His Book and to His Messenger and to the leaders of the Muslims and the common folk." [Collected by Bukhari, Muslim]

How many of us have looked to our brothers and sisters in Islam and have seen them straying from the path of Allaah, and have turned our faces away? How many of us have done nothing but judgeing them??? Is this the correct way to do, is this what Islam teaches us to do???

It is our duty to guiding them to what will bring them benefit in this life and in the Hereafter,to remove harm from them and bring them benefit,commanding them what is right and forbidding them what is wrong with gentleness and sincerity.

When a believer gives naseehah to his brother, he is disposing of the right that his brother has upon him. Just as you would not like to see a fault in yourself, and would work to remove it, likewise, you should not like to see that fault in your brother. You must hate to see in him what you hate to see in yourself, hence, you should give him naseehah to remove that fault as you would have liked to receive naseehah to have that fault removed from you. Give your brother naseehah and guide him toward goodness, and take him away from harm.

May Allah guide us all.Ameen

Wa Allaicumu Sallam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
Assalamu alaikum , khan I believe as muslims WE MUST expose constantly other beliefs/sects in islam... Who cares if people get offended honestly we can do it in a matter that is pleasing to Allah,
Our job is to let the people know the truth, don't hold it back at all costs necessary , Allah will indeed question us on everything, and if you arn't for exposing the shiai and these satanic groups of thoughts which will ultimately lead the people in to the fire, then you are no better then them in my books.
If there is a hadith or the Quran which goes againt's what I have just said, then produce your proof and if it is indeed the truth then throw my idea in the can !