This kinda made me laugh.

Zafran

Muslim Brother
Hello Annox...

As I read that experience you had..a verse from the Qura'an crossed my mind...it says:

It is part of the Mercy of Allah that thou dost deal gently with them Wert thou severe or harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about thee. ~*~Al-Imran:159~*~

And truly..at times I wonder at how many potential brothers and sisters or supporters of Islam we have lost due to people's harsh attitudes or wicked characters.

In Arabic we usually say...*The deen (Islam) is treatment/character*

it's that simple...

I am saddened by these characters who will sit there and think they're being devoted Muslims by attacking others and looking down upon them...

I can go on and on and on and on about this matter...and the issue of some Muslims making Da'awa so systematic..I really wouldn't be surprised if 10 years down the road we have Muslim brothers riding bicycles like Mormons or knocking doors like Jehova's Witnesses...in the attempt to *convert* people!..

I do not wish to take the topic off track however...so perhaps it's better that I leave you..Annox..and the Muslim brothers and sisters with these verses as a reminder to never cross the line with ANYBODY..especially the line of faith and belief...

"Our Lord is He Who gave to each (created) thing its form and nature, and further, gave (it) guidance." ~*~Ta-Ha:50~*~

For Allah guides whom He will to a path that is straight.~*~Al-
Baqara:213~*~

Allah guides those whom He will and He knows best those who receive guidance.~*~Al-Qisas:56~*~

It is not required of thee to set them on the right path, but Allah sets on the right path whom He pleaseth. ~*~Al-Baqara:272

If it were Allah.s will, He could gather them together unto true guidance: so be not thou amongst those who are swayed by ignorance (and impatience)!~*~Al-Ana'am:35

These are just a few verses which speak of guidance that is a property of Allah alone...we are only to answer questions...clarify information...and help should we be *ASKED* for it...but we need to leave the issue of guidance to Allah..FIRST AND FOREMOST...

As for the man who spoke to you that night..I wish he could read this verse...and think about it deeply for a minute or two..

If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will, to believe!~*~Jonah:99~*~

Then he would think..not once or twice...but..THRICE..about each word he wants to utter!!!

~*~Lord do not condemn us for (that which) the insolent amongst us have committed~*~

I wish you the best Annox!

Salaam

Great post.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Hello and Welcome to the Forum,

I would like to direct you to three threads:

Firstly:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2521

Secondly:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38089

Thirdly:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38660

The first is basically is about the Belief that all Muslims must affirm - Allah, The Angels, Jinn & Devils, The Messengers and the Messages, The Final Day and Divine Will and Predestination. It is by a Noble Scholar of the Muslim community, Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih Uthaymeen, posted by a respected member of this board.

The second is similar too the first, but it is only Belief in Allah and it is in-complete but i found it very beneficial and there is a particular section i haven't completed:

Evidence of the Existence of the Creator

With its relevant sub-topics, i suggest this as a purchase, as it is a book in the form of a heart in the sense that the contents reflect a Muslim's heart who is aware of His Lord - i hope this makes sense.

The third you will find helpful, it is a Glossary of Islaamic terms which you may see used a lot. The ones i have mentioned should be in the PDF enclosed in that thread, so you can get accustomed to the words many users may use - Jinn, Shaykh etc - you will find them in there.

Again, i Welcome you sincerely to the Forum and i hope you benefit well.

I hope this isn't an overload of information?

Just to clarify, i did read your initial post, but what i would have said as already been sort of stated.

Peace. :SMILY259:
Saalam brother.

Predestination
Sorry to get off topic (hopefully I do not receive any hostile responds).
As far as I understand (from what little know I have) from reading listening to various sheikhs/scholars,
predestination in the Islamic sense is Qadar, which the scholars do understand it as predestination. Ofcourse some things are pre-ordained by Allah SWT.
But The subject of Qadar is much more complex than to be placed under "predestination" mainly because human beings are given "freedom to shape their actions", and hence why we are tested.

I could be wrong, perhaps someone else could elaborate on 'Qadar'.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KDyVKfgXHSQ&feature=related
This video sheds some lights on it.
:wasalam:

Amir_of_spain

All i can say is that i have experienced hostility from athesits in a similar encounter as you have described, often mocking and being very disrespectful to me because i happen to believe in god. And i believe there are athesits who are extremist and really hate people of religion, ive seen and experienced it, but i dont then use this episode to hate all athesits. So there are good and bad people on both sides.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Saalam brother.

Predestination
Sorry to get off topic (hopefully I do not receive any hostile responds).
As far as I understand (from what little know I have) from reading listening to various sheikhs/scholars,
predestination in the Islamic sense is Qadar, which the scholars do understand it as predestination. Ofcourse some things are pre-ordained by Allah SWT.
But The subject of Qadar is much more complex than to be placed under "predestination" mainly because human beings are given "freedom to shape their actions", and hence why we are tested.

I could be wrong, perhaps someone else could elaborate on 'Qadar'.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KDyVKfgXHSQ&feature=related
This video sheds some lights on it.

Walaykum Salam,

Dear sister, i can only suggest this:

If the final volume in the whole Islamic Creed series is presented just as Volume 1 is, then Insha'Allaah it will explain the concept of Qadr in Islam in a nice and understanding manner. That's why i say its worth buying if it achieves what's been identified in the former part of my message.

I don't own this volume yet, but Insha'Allaah i will be buying it soon and if there is great benefit, i will post some excerpts on TTi, in the Aqeedah & Tawheed section.

It wouldn't be the best display of manners if you received a hostile response, as we all have questions.

May Allaah send his mercy upon us all and bestow upon us beneficial knowledge.

Aameen.

P.S: Jazaa-Killaahu Khayr to a-muslimah for her beneficial post.

Walaykum Salam

palestine

Servant of Allah
Well, anyone can go drinking and clubbing. I don't think that being a Muslim can really completely halt anyone from doing such things. I've known Muslims who drink, do drugs and fornicate-all of which are banned in Islam as I know. So a Muslim is just as any other person, I think the only difference is that they have more of a reason to not commit such acts. A person can always make that choice.

oh and I thought it was funny because of his reaction. I don't hold his behavior against all Muslims; that would be unreasonable as well as ludicrous.

hey, you're right. anyone can go drinking and clubbing but someone who TRULY AND SINCERELY believes would not do that. but i do congradulate you for your fatherhood, and your kindness to your neighbor and on top of that attending school. not that i'm pushing you to convert, but i'm only inviting you. and if you choose islam as your way of life that is your choice and if not that's also your choice but i hope that you research with an open mind and heart and find the truth for yourself. peace. :hijabi:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
:salam2:

hello i think what you did for that lady is a wonderfull thing and her son should of been thanking you and subhannallah muslims need to stop taking everthing as though it is an attack on them if someone doesnt believe it is our duty to only present islam to them in our manners and character for only allah guides i think the more people force their beliefs on others the more the other person becomes immune in a sense of what their saying and it goes in one ear out the other i think people should talk of this way of life this deen as a lifestyle choice and speak of its virtues and in the best manner and inshallah( god willing) it will plant a seed of logic or understanding in their hearts that they will one day water with knowledge.

sorry if this is too long i see there are many comments to read but just remember everyone we can not judge a one person and pin it to an entire nation of people. :hijabi: peace out

Annox

All i can say is that i have experienced hostility from athesits in a similar encounter as you have described, often mocking and being very disrespectful to me because i happen to believe in god. And i believe there are athesits who are extremist and really hate people of religion, ive seen and experienced it, but i dont then use this episode to hate all athesits. So there are good and bad people on both sides.

True. That is exactly why I go and ask for info. from other theists and make conclusions for myself. I don't go and ask other atheists; obviously because the information would probably be biased.

Annox

hey, you're right. anyone can go drinking and clubbing but someone who TRULY AND SINCERELY believes would not do that. but i do congradulate you for your fatherhood, and your kindness to your neighbor and on top of that attending school. not that i'm pushing you to convert, but i'm only inviting you. and if you choose islam as your way of life that is your choice and if not that's also your choice but i hope that you research with an open mind and heart and find the truth for yourself. peace. :hijabi:

Thank you, I appreciate the kind invite!

I actually became more interested in Islam because my sister converted about two years ago. Before then, I wasn't very interested. After she did convert, I started to research, and that's where my accurate views come from.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
:):salam2:(peace be with u all)

hi annox u seem very kind person. may Allah(god) guide u amen. kindness doesn't comes from what u believe. it is a gift from god. thnx for sharing such a great story. i really liked it.

peace:)