Today really made me think!

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Inshallah all of my brothers and sisters at TTI are in good spirits, healthy and with strong Iman! I hope all of your fasting is easy for you inshallah.

Since the first day of Ramadan I came down with a terrible headcold and suffered with runny nose, sneezing constantly and headache mainly. I took an additional dose of my black seed oil which always clears my colds up within a day or two and Alhamdulillah that was pretty much the case with this latest cold.

Today was day 4 of our fasting here in Morocco Alhamdulillah. The past 3 days were not bad at all and even with my headcold! Today started out the same and everything was fine up until Dhuhr prayer. Suddenly everything started going white and my head felt as if it was spinning!

Well I had to lay down most of the day today so I had time to think about alot of things. One of the images that I couldnt stop thinking about was a picture one of our sisters here at TTI posted of a small boy I suspect from one of the African countries that are suffering at this time.

Because I had such a difficult time fasting today it really made me realize what the poor people in these countries are facing EVERY DAY! They dont have sundown to look forward to having a nice hot meal waiting for them! They have no idea what is in the water they are forced to drink and if it will make them sick today or they will be lucky just one more day!

I saw that picture of the little boy who was skin over bones in my mind and honestly I felt so thankful for everything that Allah has blessed me with. I cant even imagine what I would feel if I had to have that empty stomach every single day and wondering when I will ever eat again! My body so starving that it is literally living off of itself just to survive!!!

My heart goes out to all of the unfortunate people in the world who live the way I felt today every single day of their lives! May Allah shower them with his mercy and save them from what they are going through. Ameen

wa salam

esperanza

revert of many years
your right sister..when we see things like that ..we must be so thankful for the blessings we have...and realise that when were tired or sick..there are others truly suffering...
may Alah save them

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum,

such a heartfelt post! subhana'Allah! I know the picture you're talking about. The kid is from Somalia which is now facing a drought in addition to on going conflict. Its pretty saddening to know that these kids not only starve every single day, they also are scared of been hit by a flying bullet! There is no safety whatsoever, everyday is like a new day to struggle with, not knowing what it will bring them. I pray to Allah ta'ala to shower His mercy upon them and to make us those who act in doing their job as Muslims...giving charity! Your post just touched my heart, and I can only imagine what they're going through-Insha'Allah they'll get through this with Allah's help! insha'Allah!

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
:salam2:

OK, now I want to go to all the people of Somalia and Syria and Palestine and just hand out food to them.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam walaikum,

You do not have to go to Africa,or Asia, or see some exotic dark skinned child with his skin clinging to the bones..

Poverty is less than one half mile away from everyone. Just open your eyes.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Asalaam walaikum,

You do not have to go to Africa,or Asia, or see some exotic dark skinned child with his skin clinging to the bones..

Poverty is less than one half mile away from everyone. Just open your eyes.

Wa alaikome salam

Sister you really love me dont you? I can tell!!! :lol:

You know I do realize that poverty is world wide and I am pretty sure if you re-read my original post you will see that I clearly said:

"My heart goes out to all of the unfortunate people in the world who live the way I felt today every single day of their lives!"

So honestly my eyes are wide open and have been so for many years now! I only used the example of that picture the sister posted of the African boy because that is the image which stuck in my mind and I thought about today while fasting.

wa salam

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh dear sister

100% agreed to what you have said. May Allah help the unfortunate brothers and sisters of the Ummah.

Also, ShafaakAllah to you sister.

Wassalam 'Alaikun Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Free rice.com is a good organization. The site gives you questions. For each correct 10 grains are donated to the UN for distribution. They even have a Muslim group.

Sister Isra,

You know I love ya. Honey child...there are many many who still think the roads in Hollywood are paved with gold. You just presented a wonderful opportunity to present a fragment of truth. Poverty is all around us and the sad thing is that it is one problem we could really overcome so easily: Sharia. Allah tells us He Gave Us Everything on this Beautiful Earth.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Assalaam walaikum,

Free rice.com is a good organization. The site gives you questions. For each correct 10 grains are donated to the UN for distribution. They even have a Muslim group.

Sister Isra,

You know I love ya. Honey child...there are many many who still think the roads in Hollywood are paved with gold. You just presented a wonderful opportunity to present a fragment of truth. Poverty is all around us and the sad thing is that it is one problem we could really overcome so easily: Sharia. Allah tells us He Gave Us Everything on this Beautiful Earth.

Wa alaikome salam

Alhamdulillah sister. I have lived in the USA most of my life with the exception of this past year. I have seen people sleeping in the streets in a country where everyone thinks the streets are paved with gold. I have seen people eating out of garbage cans and dumpsters behind restaurants and grocery stores. I know what you are talking about exactly.

It really bothers me so much when I hear my husband, his family or his friends talking about how "lucky" I am to be from the United States. Truely they all really believe there is money on every tree just ripe for the picking! I know and you know that is so NOT TRUE!!!! But the world sees money when they hear the words United States.

This past year living in Morocco has really humbled me and opened my eyes to what I had and DIDNT have when I lived in the USA. It has been one wild ride and I wouldnt change a moment of it. I thank Allah everyday for the blessing he has given me that I have had this opportunity to see the world from both sides of the spectrum.

My heart turned soft when I became a Muslim Alhamdulillah because I can tell you before the day I knew about Islam I could have cared less about these people. Now I care more than I ever thought possible! Alhamdulillah

wa salam

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Today I donated to the local masjid charity fund.

Why am I saying this? Because it felt like the right thing to do.

esperanza

revert of many years
Wa alaikome salam

Alhamdulillah sister. I have lived in the USA most of my life with the exception of this past year. I have seen people sleeping in the streets in a country where everyone thinks the streets are paved with gold. I have seen people eating out of garbage cans and dumpsters behind restaurants and grocery stores. I know what you are talking about exactly.

It really bothers me so much when I hear my husband, his family or his friends talking about how "lucky" I am to be from the United States. Truely they all really believe there is money on every tree just ripe for the picking! I know and you know that is so NOT TRUE!!!! But the world sees money when they hear the words United States.

This past year living in Morocco has really humbled me and opened my eyes to what I had and DIDNT have when I lived in the USA. It has been one wild ride and I wouldnt change a moment of it. I thank Allah everyday for the blessing he has given me that I have had this opportunity to see the world from both sides of the spectrum.

My heart turned soft when I became a Muslim Alhamdulillah because I can tell you before the day I knew about Islam I could have cared less about these people. Now I care more than I ever thought possible! Alhamdulillah

wa salam

yes it takes seeing other worlds experiencing other lives....to make us realise what we did or di not have,,,,and appreciate life more
:hijabi:

Isra

aka Tree2008
yes it takes seeing other worlds experiencing other lives....to make us realise what we did or di not have,,,,and appreciate life more
:hijabi:

As salamo alaikome

Your so right sister! I remember when I first got here I was like a total spoiled brat! The water would go out for a couple days and I would throw a fit, the electricity would shut off for a few hours, I would throw a fit, I had to use the hole in the floor instead of a seat for a toilet I would throw a fit! Alhamdulillah little by little Allah made me see that everything in this life is not a bowl of sugar and I better get some patience and QUICK!!!!

I feel so sorry for my poor husband and what I put him through in the beginning of our relationship! I ask Allah in every prayer to reward him for his remarkable patience! He really is the sweetest person in the world!

I have prayed so hard for patience and finally after about 6 months I suddenly just calmed down! I can only say that was Allah because I could never have done it on my own! Alhamdulillah!

wa salam

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
As salamo alaikome

Alhamdulillah brother. I pray Allah will reward your good deed. Ameen

wa salam

Well, another angle to that story is that I felt it was just payback for the pizza that one of the brothers bought and then gave to me when I was broke and didn't have a lot of money for food. So I gave a little something back.