TTI and us Members NEED DIRECTION...

mohammadyunus

Just go through the posts here on the forum...

The subject matter of the posts...

Which posts receives maximum replies ??

Which doesnt evoke any response ??

Members here are more interested in giving advice, yes, big time !!

Then there are arguments, debates everything except what this forum was meant to be..

Check other islamic forums. They may not be perfect but they revolve around knowledge of deen.

I am not a scholar. I am a student of deen. I am here to increase my faith. But i am not getting what i am looking for....

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua`laykum.

Every community has its own good and bad. Don't expect everyone to be perfect because no one is except for Allaah subhanahu wa Ta`ala. What you do when you join a forum/activists/group, you take what's good and leave the bad.

If the bad (mudhorat) far outweighs the good (maslahah), then it's time for you to move on to a better place.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I must admit we have shortcomings, I'm not blaming TTI or others but me. If you have been to a shia forum you will find them to be more polite to each other. They don't argue like we do. Sadly they preach the wrong thing. Although we do exchange arguments, end of the day we stick together. I've been here quite many years, I've known many hadith which previously I never come across. You can't say you had zero knowledge, perhaps your expectation is very high. You mentioned that you are not a scholar, exactly so do I and many members here. Therefore, you will not get responses like scholars. Perhaps you can suggest how we can improve this forum? Thank you for bring this up anyway.

Umm Abdullah

Then there are arguments, debates everything except what this forum was meant to be..

Check other islamic forums. They may not be perfect but they revolve around knowledge of deen.

I am not a scholar. I am a student of deen. I am here to increase my faith. But i am not getting what i am looking for....

What other forums brother? I am interested to know, because I don't know that many a part from TTI

mohammadyunus

for one thing there are rarely any post on our ulemas and akabareens.
the name of the forum wont show in the post. can i msg you the name?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

Brother,

There is a lot of good knowledge buried here on TTI. I always go through the links and articles. Over the years we have had many members post very beneficial artilces. However, you have to take the time to shift through it.

Many members ask questions because they want the quick answer. And we also have the hot heads, wanting to argue.

Your post is important because we do need to reassess what our purpose is in postings. I pray, InshaAllah, that some of the moderators will read this and respond.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
There are many, many topics on this site I cannot comment on because they're so deep and I dont yet understand the complexity of subjects they are about.

There are a lot of advice threads yes. Why? Because we face choices EVERY DAY. And when we have these choices, we sometimes need help going in the right direction. I would say most of my topics have been asking for advice. Especially when I had 0 Muslim friends in real life to help me. I came to my beloved TTI brothers and sister because I know they would never steer me wrong.

I really think your criticisms are unwarranted.

Also, I have been to other Islamic forums too. They either 1) Welcome sects or 2) Dont have the restraint this forum has. In some other forums I will not name, men will post wink emoticons at females, call them pet names and private message them often.

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
for one thing there are rarely any post on our ulemas and akabareens.
the name of the forum wont show in the post. can i msg you the name?

Asslamaliekum warahmatullahi wabrakatu,
For sake of Allah please don't ask her to join ##### forum in case your talking bout that. (please don't mind, i mean it very politely :) )

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
American humor....

Do you guys know who Amelia Bedelia is?

What does Amelia Bedilia have to do with this thread?

(For those who don't know, she is/was a children's book character. I had one of her books when I was five years old - she was a servant and did odd things, like when her boss told her to draw the curtains when the sun comes in, she literally drew the curtains in a sketchbook, when told to put the lights out, she hung all the lightbulbs on the clothesline outside, and when told to dress the chicken, she put shirt and pants on the chicken.)

strive-may-i

Assalaamu Alaikum Brother,

Adding further - "When we cant influence, we take whats good and leave the bad". So the best way to influence here would be to seek and ask that which you don't know. Focus on the important and don't get irritated.