US Tax Dollars funding Mosques

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Man, I'm so surprised that no one has posted this (well, not that I could find)

Anyway, this is a huge topic where I live: US tax dollars to build Mosques in the middle east. A report building action, no doubt. I am glad to hear they're sending Imam Abdul Rauf (all respect to him) He is also the "mastermind" of the new Mega-mosque to be built in New York City :hijabi:

People are mad at this obviously because they hate Muslims and dont want THEIR tax dollars to go to building mosques, not just abroad but giving grants to Mosques in America to rebuild and fix issues with them. But when OUR tax dollars are taken for this war against the Middle East, we're expected to take it :/

Another concern of people, is that the government breaks the law of separation of Religion & Government. Again, they do this all the time. Why else would marriage between 2 gays be illegal if not for Christian values? :/

Link to a long article: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/aug/10/tax-dollars-to-build-mosques/

This started in March/April of this year, and just hit the papers in August.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

First it is not a masjid. It is a cultural center. And anything from the Washington Times is suspect. ( They were the Moonies ).

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Assalaam walaikum,

First it is not a masjid. It is a cultural center. And anything from the Washington Times is suspect. ( They were the Moonies ).

It has a Mosque as well. And lets face it, i doubt anyone other than Muslims will be there for a long time.

What is a Moonie? :shymuslima1:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You are correct; there seems to be some issues as to which sect of Islam the masjid will adhere. This is not my opinion...but I have read articles suggesting it will be a hodgepodge of everything. I have no opinion on the matter. I say go pray.

Moonies was the name for the followers of Sun Myung Moon. He was a South Korean preacher. His church is the Unification Church. He was very powerful and bought the Washington Times. It was a very conservative paper. However, it has been in business for over 30 years. Please do a goggle search on him and make up your mind.

I am just an opinionated old lady...I drive my sons crazy, too.

salapuddin35

yep heard about the moonies they had this huge grand wedding back in the nineties. it was a headline in our country forgot why.

tax money funding a mosque too good to be true!