Wedding Fire in Kuwait Kills 41 and Injures 76

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
La hawla wala qowta illa billah al-'aliy al-adheem!..Inna li Allah wa inna ilayhi rajeo'oon!

Wedding fire in Kuwait kills at least 41 guests

KUWAIT CITY — A fire at a wedding tent Saturday has killed at least 41 women and children guests and injured 76 others, authorities said.
The official Kuwait News Agency quotes the fire department chief, Brig. Gen. Jassem al-Mansouri, as saying 41 bodies have been recovered from the scene in Jahra, a tribal area west of Kuwait City. KUNA said 76 people have been hospitalized with burns.

Interior Ministry spokesman Col. Mohammed al-Saber said the cause of the fire has not been determined and authorities were having difficulty evacuating the injured because of relatives and onlookers flooding the scene.

He said Kuwait Army ambulances helped transport the injured to the country's hospitals.

Wedding parties in this conservative oil-rich country are held separately for men and women. Children attend the women's party.
Al-Mansouri said holding such parties in tents could be banned after Saturday's fire.

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

q8penpals

Oh my goodness! I hope it wasn't any of my students or their families!

What a sad day in Kuwait! Another article said this was the worst disaster by number of deaths (besides the war) in over 40 years in Kuwait!

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Oh my goodness! I hope it wasn't any of my students or their families!

What a sad day in Kuwait! Another article said this was the worst disaster by number of deaths (besides the war) in over 40 years in Kuwait!

Ya Allah!..inshallah no one from your school is harmed sister! (I wish I can say "inshallah no one had a victim they know in the fire but that would be far fetched sadly :()..because it sure is a tragedy!

May Allah Heal those harmed and replace their injuries with sound health..and Decree mercy for those who lost their lives..Ameen!

:wasalam:

q8penpals

Salam

Kuwait is such a small country, I would be willing to bet that most of my students will at least KNOW someone who died there, if not be distantly related to someone!

Sad, sad day! And to have happened at a wedding!

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Salam

Kuwait is such a small country, I would be willing to bet that most of my students will at least KNOW someone who died there, if not be distantly related to someone!

Sad, sad day! And to have happened at a wedding!

:(..now I feel horrible for posting this article as it maybe causing you worry sister..and I pray that Allah Grants utmost patience to all those who suffered a loss no matter how small it may be!

:wasalam:

marhaba_imaan

sad news

assalmualaikum.
it is very sad to know the tragedy.i pray Allah to cure the injured and make best destiny for those who have die.

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
Salam Alekum

SubhanAllah.. very sad news.. for thoes who died May Allah forgive their sins and shower them with pure water and grant them Janat Al Fidous.. Ameen.. May Allah cure the injured ones.. Ameen..

PS: I herd the fire was set by the ex-wife of the husband.. She did it for a revenge.. She is in jail now..

q8penpals

Salam

The lady is actually the FIRST wife (they were not divorced presently according to the groom). She has tried to committ suicide several times in jail already, and is quite "out of her mind" I guess thats the best way to put it.

One of the men who lost 3 women in his family, has already pubically stated that even in his time of loss, he forgives the woman, because only Allah has the right to judge and punish, and that he cannot live with hatred in his heart, especially with Ramadan coming.

The specific information coming daily seems to be a bit different every time - they have not completed the investigation (because apparently the lady admitted to pouring gas in the air conditioners, but supposedly, she did not LIGHT the fire, so they are still trying to find out what exactly ignited the fire - the lady who poured the gas seemingly wanted the smell to be so bad it would ruin the wedding party).

Only Allah knows the truth I guess - at this point, everything is still being investigated.