What do you think about facebook, bebo, hi5 etc...?

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
:salam2: i just wanted to know who thinks using msn facebook bebo etc is a gud ting and hu tinks its a bad ting personally i used to be signed on to these websyts but i deleted ma accounts tinking its not gud for me to be on those stuff wat dyu guys tink leme no inshaAllah

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
:salam2:

Unless the usage of those mediums are for productive and good causes [islamic, charity, organization, etc ...], I think it's all a waste of a time!

Facebook, myspace, and the likes of them introduces young people to unnecessary fitnah and temptation, specifically dealing with opposite danger.

Aside from that, too much idle talk for me! Not to mention I witnessed some men transform themselves into girls. I see guys doing forward messages "send this to 10 people or your love will leave you" and becoming blogging guru about the lamest topics.

Yes, I admitt I'm guilty of having a myspace previously, and currently I have facebook but I only keep brothers from my local Masjid or just close friends. I log on once every 2 months or so.

Anyway, I personally dislike it :D

:wasalam:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

I agree its a waste of time and i too had accounts but alhamdulilah i saw how much time i wasted on that fitnah open mixing on internet is the same in person subhanallah

i hope Allah guides and protects all muslims from that because if you ask people why they say i only speak to my friends or its not that bad its only online but they dont see the damage it can do.....it will eventually lead to heedlessness in other matters of thier life:astag: my personal experience and outlook on this matter is if you dont benefit cut it out.

Joanna-Aisha

Salam alykoum!

I have gor Facebook account and I have there only Sisters + my family :) I use it to send thouughtful and funny things from time to time, to look through my Sisters' and Family photos :)
I don't do anything bad and I don;t accept invitations sent from strangers :)
I think it's nothing bad until you take care of your privacy seettings are use it not too much :)

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Salam alykoum!

I have gor Facebook account and I have there only Sisters + my family :) I use it to send thouughtful and funny things from time to time, to look through my Sisters' and Family photos :)
I don't do anything bad and I don;t accept invitations sent from strangers :)
I think it's nothing bad until you take care of your privacy seettings are use it not too much :)

YES sister i understand what you saying i too used to have family and sisters i know from school but i personally know myself these websites distract me and if you r a person that doesnt get easily distracted then no problem but i know many people start off with friends and family and slowly creep in strangers so i just cut it off completely, my family can email me tho, i just think prevention is better that cure:hijabi:

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
salaam.

i am also in facebook. but Praise Allah im not addicted to it.
if u have an account only for ur friends and family i dont see anything wrong in that.

but i dont contradict with bro/sis who mentioned that they r extremely distracting and tempting. until recently there are so many hate groups & forums against islam in facebook which was very disturbing.

my suggestion is that if u dont have an account already, better keep away from it.
May Allah guide us in right path.

salam.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
I do have facebook and I don't think it's bad idea to have one simply because my intention is to continue communicating with me friends. They also have great Muslim groups that promote Islamic teachings. I think it's very benefitional because you're not just getting knowledge from the group you're also making friends that love Allah and are tying to be close to him. Salams

Kakorot

:salam2: I have facebook too, at the beginning I kept on going on it but now i'm not too bothered about it to be honest. However when I get friend requests or messages from my inbox from strangers, then I just ignore them or write to them saying, "Ermm I don't know you!" :D

ahmed3711

from my point of view i think hi5 is not nice.there is no privacy.anyone can see ur page but in facebook there are useful groups to join.it talks about religion and other useful things in life.you can meet your friends and your old friends in high school or university.there is more privacy than hi5 or bebo.

zahrany

MAY~u~B~HPPI~!4EVER!
:salam2: everyone

i deleated my accounts because
i just thought i wasted all my time with those sites
but it depends how you use it..thats all :)

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
i think they are a good way of communicating if ur loved ones are far away or if you have international friends ... :) but yea i dont waste time of facebook or anything they are just stupid

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam

yeh i gess its all to do with the intention...but wat iv seen is dat alot of people end up going on the site with the ryt intention but then end up falling into the fitnah bigtym. thast hapnd 2sum1 really close to me

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:wasalam: dear brothers and sisters.

I do not have facebook account Alhamdulillah because I do not like these kind of sites which contest has a loot of Unislamic things but Mashallah for other brothers and sisters who have facebook account and that they are useing for benefical and usefull things,InshAllah.

May Allah bless you.

Salam.

Miss_Ayub

Salaam

I think it all depends on your intentions.. but it does contain alot of umm temptations i guess.. its true that people can get really messed up on them sites- its happened to quite a few people i know.. all i could say is please be aware of who your talking to

Wassalam

Wassalam

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam

did you know sum people on that website stole money from some people by hacking into different peoples accounts and then pretendin to be their friends and telling them they are in need of some money

its soooo amazing how some people actually fell for that

kubra_2002

Allahu Akubar!!!!!
yape

I do have facebook and I don't think it's bad idea to have one simply because my intention is to continue communicating with me friends. They also have great Muslim groups that promote Islamic teachings. I think it's very benefitional because you're not just getting knowledge from the group you're also making friends that love Allah and are tying to be close to him. Salams

I agree with you sister,, I use it for the same purpose May Allah protect us from all evil..amin:tti_sister: