What is Sharia Law?

Flashbak910

I have been looking for discuss this to me. Two weeks ago I tried to make a point about 9/11 and how those who supposedly hijacked the planes weren't true Muslims at all, they started attacking me telling me that Islam is evil, that they will force you to convert by the sword, (or gun) etc. etc.

I already know that it is forbidden to force another person into Islam according to the Quran.
My question is, what is Sharia Law and is it compatible with Western society?
I talk to people on Facebook and they tell me its incompatible. I have heard from other Muslims that Sharia law only applies to Muslims and nobody else. If I were to live in a Muslim (Islamic country) which set of rules must people follow? Sharia law or the Constitution and Bill of Rights or can they be intertwined (Since the Constitution is based on limiting government and maintaining the maximum amount of liberty for each and every individual)

Lets take for example theft. If someone steals in America, is it default or correct to abide by the Constitution since the Muslims live in a Secular society based on various religious beliefs?

Just trying to clarify a few things.

I watched a video from the Youtube channel or user SiraatalMustaqeem, should be easy to find what video I'm talking about. Its one of his most recent videos he made about the rape and murder of a family. The person who has the Youtube channel lives in Canada.

Thanks.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

sharia law = Islamic laws or laws based on Quran and sunnah. there is no muslim nation presently who is governing according to shariah law.

shariah law is for the entire land but non-muslims can have their own laws for marriage, inheritance, etc.

shariah law is sometimes compatible and sometimes incompatible with western soceity. it depends on the issues at hand. if you talk about justice, peace in society, fight against drugs, action against domectic violence...yes Shariah is compatible.

but in issues like sex before or outside marriage, alcohol, bank interest, homosexuality......no Shariah Law will be against it. bcoz Islamic laws are for the benefit of the humanity and not to promote disorder.

Flashbak910

I want to prove to someone who hates Islam that Islam isn't bad at all. Could I get some references or links about Sharia law and some of the statements you made?

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
I want to prove to someone who hates Islam that Islam isn't bad at all. Could I get some references or links about Sharia law and some of the statements you made?

Peace Be On you Brother :salam2:

You can go to www.islam-qa.com and ask your questions over there. The questions will be answered by scholars in the best of manners and with in best of their knowledge. They will provide sufficient references from different religious sources including the Most Important, The Holy Quran and then The authentic narrations of The Prophet's traditions and his legal ways (Peace be upon him) :saw2:.

I could have answered a few of your questions, but I feel that I might not be able to explain everything to you clearly even though I understand it myself. Scholars are the knowledgeable ones and they will give you solid answers, which you probably are looking for. And as the other brother above has mentioned, it is true that some Laws are compatible and some are not.

One other thing brother, sometimes even if you explain well enough people won't understand. For example, if you go tell a homosexual that Islam forbids this kind of attitude and character, he will say that this is a very backward religion and is intolerant, etc. But that does not mean we won't tell the truth. Our duty is to only convey the message and this is also what Allah has said in the Holy Quran.(I seek refuge from the cursed devil in Allah). Sura Fatir, verse 23"You (O Muhammad SAW) are only a warner (i.e. your duty is to convey Allah's Message to mankind but the guidance is in Allah's Hand)."

May Allah guide you!

Fatima_ahmad

:salam2:
Well as it was mentioned that "Want to prove to someone who hates Islam that Islam isn't bad at all. Could I get some references or links about Sharia law and some of the statements you made? "
Well our religion Islam is a pure and with no errors..its all according to the human nature................

tariq353

I have been looking for discuss this to me. Two weeks ago I tried to make a point about 9/11 and how those who supposedly hijacked the planes weren't true Muslims at all, they started attacking me telling me that Islam is evil, that they will force you to convert by the sword, (or gun) etc. etc.

My question is, what is Sharia Law and is it compatible with Western society?

Thanks.

for truth of 9/11 visit the link.... go to any torrents site like { islamic torrents . net }(without gap) and search for "Loose change"....all documentries are by non muslims..

u knw the basic theory of law is
"INNOCENT UNLESS PROVED GUILTY, HOWEVER RIT NW IT IS GUILTY UNLESS PROVEN INNOCENT"

as far as 9/11 is concerned...above link will help u ......

as far as shariah is concerned

i v attached a small application .........on quranic law

it is a vast topic............. insha allah will try to find some valid sources n post them (if managed to find).............later

Allah Hafiz

Attachments

• Quranic Law.zip
    960.5 KB · Views: 10

JenGiove

Flashback, you will never be able to "prove" to someone that the terrorists that attacked us on 9/11 we not really Muslims and that Islam is really about peace and not solely about Jihad. Its not solely because of the media, because in reality, the media is trying to educate and reverse the damage they did when they spoke about Jihad. Please understand, it is a concept that is unknown to us....for the most part.

Hate, fear and distrust is what fuels their words. The door in their hearts is closed shut so the only thing you will be able to do is walk away peacefully. You do not need to prove to them anything.m Leave them their hate.

Today is a special holiday in America so I would suggest that you do not argue/debate these issue with these people today.

Ibn Uthaymin

This is what Dr Muzzamil said about Shariah:

Shari`ah is the law of Allah Almighty as it is given to us in the Qur’an and Sunna. The Shari`ah includes both the acts of worship (`ibadat) and human dealings and transactions (mu`amalat). The scope of dealings is very wide. They include:

Munakahat (marriage-related issues) dealing with nikah (marriage), talaq (divorce), `iddah (waiting period after divorce or Husband's death), nasab (lineage), wilayah (guardianship), wasiyah (will), wirathah (inheritance), etc.

Ahkam madaniyah (social and economic issues) such as business transactions, rental, rahn (mortgage), borrowing, trusts, guarantees.

Ahkam jina’iyah (criminal laws) dealing with murder, theft, accusation, zina (adultery), qisas (retaliation), punishments, diyah (blood money), etc.

Murafa`at (court matters) dealing with the principles of justice, shahadah (testimony), qada’ (judiciary), oaths, etc.

Ahkam dusturiyah (constitutional matters) dealing with the rights of citizens and their duties.

Dawliyah (national and international laws) dealing with war, peace, diplomatic relations, covenants and treaties, etc

Maliyah and iqtisadiyah (financial and economic issues) such as zakah, sadaqah (charity), taxation, etc.