What is the most beautiful language here?

What is the best language here?

• Amharic

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Hindi

• English

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • French

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Spanish

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Hebrew

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Malay

• Chinese/Asian Dialects

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Punjabi

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • German

• Total voters

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Salam

I'm interested in conducting a poll asking what language people would consider the most beautiful. By beautiful, I mean when you heard the language you'd say to yourself, " I would love to learn this language!"

I diden't add Arabic simply because I knew myself that everyone would most likely vote for it since it was the language of the Quran.

:wasalam:

ousama34

5 X SALAH = JANAT
salam

i think u forgot to put urdu in, there isnt anyfin lyk hindi its jus urdu with some bits and pieces of sanskerat in it them indians r jus tryin to steal our language by callin it hindi its quite weird tht u vent put urdu in which i guess is quite close to arabic as it contains arabic alphabets and its derived frm arabic too and i guess to me atleast it is one the most beautiful language

Waseem203

Young Muslim
I am sorry, I only had 10 poll options and I picked the languages that stood out to me. I wish I could add more.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum

I would say Arabic but i don't why its not included :girl3:.

besides no language is beautiful when you don't understand it. its all so fast and you can't even catch one word. but really its not fast to those who understand it. and all the languages that i understand Arabic is most the beautiful.

nice poll!

wasalam

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

Well, I would have defintely put arabic :) But, I am sure most people would have. Even though I do not understand everything in arabic when I hear recitation of Quran it is the best sound I ever heard. Walihe

So, I guess next I will say french. Even though I love english:) because that is my native tongue I hear english so much its pretty normal. :)

But every language is beauty since they all are from Allah Ta'ala

malickabrother

save Palestine!
:salam2: actually i speak french,english,wolof and pulaar and wish i could speak arabic which is the best language.Let's not deny what Allah has chosen as His best(language of the quran,of jannah but also of the best mankind, the prophet Muhammad {peace be upon him}).

palestine

Servant of Allah
brother waseem you forgot arabic. that's unfair. that's my favorite language. and i am trying to learn it.

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Sister I diden't add it because I alread predicted everyone would pick it considering it's the eloquent language of the Quran. I wanted to see what others thought about the languages I inputed.

Salam

justoneofmillion

:salam2:Well for me nothing compares to Arabic,classical Arabic i mean,it is the richest in expression and most enchanting in melody,rhymes figures of speech etc>however after Arabic i would pick any language sorry akhi language itself is a miracle from Allah swt!Italian is fine Spanish as well but hey after all we made the Spaniards for eight hundred years,that is where they have all their spicy attitudes as they know em today from so it is quite normal:D Scicillians as well, but man we could have prevented that they switch to cosa nostra and Mafia family structures Mamma mia che vergogna !joke

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: well, i picked aramaic as it is not a widely spoken language and was the language of Prophet Isa, peace be upon him. i watched that mel gibson film a few years ago out of curiosity, obviously we muslims do not believe that Prophet Isa was crucified, but it was interesting to get an idea of the political situation at the time with the Jews and Romans. Most of the film was in Aramaic and it sounded very pretty :)

i, too, am learning arabic and i speak french (and love to read french) and i speak italian, too, which is such a beautiful language and fun to speak:) unfortunately, i do not speak what should be my native language, gaelic irish :)

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
:salam2: well, i picked aramaic as it is not a widely spoken language and was the language of Prophet Isa, peace be upon him. i watched that mel gibson film a few years ago out of curiosity, obviously we muslims do not believe that Prophet Isa was crucified, but it was interesting to get an idea of the political situation at the time with the Jews and Romans. Most of the film was in Aramaic and it sounded very pretty :)

i, too, am learning arabic and i speak french (and love to read french) and i speak italian, too, which is such a beautiful language and fun to speak:) unfortunately, i do not speak what should be my native language, gaelic irish :)

As-salaamu `alaykum. Though they sound familiar, brother Waseem listed Amharic not Aramaic. While Aramaic is the langue of `Eesaa `alayhi salaam, Amharic is a sister language (hence semetic) which is one of the languages of Ethiopia.

cmelbouzaidi

whoops, excuse my ignorance!

As-salaamu `alaykum. Though they sound familiar, brother Waseem listed Amharic not Aramaic. While Aramaic is the langue of `Eesaa `alayhi salaam, Amharic is a sister language (hence semetic) which is one of the languages of Ethiopia.

:salam2: i saw in my mind aramaic and i don't think i have ever heard amharic being spoken so my vote is null and void! thanks for the clarification, brother al-kashmiri and sorry brother waseem, i will have to go back to the drawing board :) enjoying the thread all the same :) :wasalam:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
:salam2: i saw in my mind aramaic and i don't think i have ever heard amharic being spoken so my vote is null and void! thanks for the clarification, brother al-kashmiri and sorry brother waseem, i will have to go back to the drawing board :) enjoying the thread all the same :) :wasalam:

As-salaamu `alaykum.

If you want me to, I could replace your vote?

Also, the question is what is the most beautiful/best language. I ask you, what is beautiful about English and French lol?

cmelbouzaidi

As-salaamu `alaykum.

If you want me to, I could replace your vote?

Also, the question is what is the most beautiful/best language. I ask you, what is beautiful about English and French lol?

:salam2: yes, please go ahead and cast a vote, whatever is your preference. english is my native tongue and is not particularly beautiful to me personally. i do find the structure of the french language to be more poetic than english but it is just a matter of taste. i did my ba in french and italian so i am biased towards them. however, my dad who is a retired professor of spanish from university college dublin, says without a doubt that arabic is the most beautiful language :) i wish he would read qur'an :)

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
:salam2: yes, please go ahead and cast a vote, whatever is your preference. english is my native tongue and is not particularly beautiful to me personally. i do find the structure of the french language to be more poetic than english but it is just a matter of taste. i did my ba in french and italian so i am biased towards them. however, my dad who is a retired professor of spanish from university college dublin, says without a doubt that arabic is the most beautiful language :) i wish he would read qur'an :)

As-salaamu `alaykum.

You didn't vote nothing compelling enough for me to decide. I guess I'll leave it. I'll have you know that Amharic is very similar to `Arabic anyway. English is also my native tongue, and I absolutely hate the phonology of it... I enjoy the study of language however!