when will america drop islamophobia?

when will islamophobia be a thing of the past?

• very soon

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • never

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • i don't think there's any islamophobia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i don't know

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

for those that don't know me, i live in the new york city area. on my local news stations we are constantly hearing stories about the proposed mosque and cultural center that is two blocks away from the 9/11 site. it has been very very controversial indeed, countless protesters in opposition to the mosque have come out in full force. in many ways i am glad about this. not because they're against the mosque, but because it truly shows the anti-islamic sentiments that many in America have. it proves the opposite of what some in the right-wing media try to say that there is no such thing as islamophobia. clearly there is.

people have called the attacks on 9/11 as the new pearl harbor. the two are comparable. japanese people were sent to internment camps and faced all sorts of discrimination based upon there appearance and national origin. however, after time, the japanese people recovered and were warmly welcomed back into american society and no one today in America fears japanese people or have the feeling that japanese people are planning a massive kamikaze attack on the country. i'm happy about this, that America has moved on and realized that japanese people are americans too. but it makes me wonder this: when will muslims be in the same good standing as the japanese americans of today? how much time did it take for things to be back to normal for the japanese? do muslims have to wait a little longer for people to realize that we don't mean harm to this country? will we always be under watch at airports, bus terminals, spied on in mosques, blocked to build mosques in certain areas etc. ? usually the american people are forgiving, but will the american society as a whole ever find it in their hearts to say " we know that the terrorists don't speak and act for you and we won't let them be the ones to define how muslims really are. " ?

as i continue to see the news coverage on a daily basis, i'm not sure if the american people ever will drop the fear and ignorance regarding islam. i could be wrong, maybe they'll realize that islam isn't a religion for terrorists and that every mosque isn't a recruitment center for terrorists. but my main question is: when will that be?
:wasalam:

kayleigh

Every religious, racial, or ethnic group goes through it. It's practically a rite of passage in the US. Jews, Catholics, East Asians, Native Americans, Blacks, Irish, Italians, Germans... the list goes on. They've all been victims of hate crimes and discriminated against at some point in US history.

I think Islamophobia will fade as soon as the next target comes around. That could take a very long time, though. I also think there will always be some people who hate Muslims, just as there will always be people who hate Jews, or grumpy old men who still hate "them Japs". It is ignorant, but it's a part of life - not everyone can like you, and not everyone can be intelligent and rational.

The US isn't even that bad. US Muslims have it easy compared to a lot of places in Europe and other parts of the world.

arzafar

easy answer is when muslims leave islam.

i.e. when Muslim begin drinking, fornicating and basically adopt all the other western values and give up islaamic values then they will be respected and honored. there are many examples take Rushdie for a start or other progressive muslims.

islamophobia is nothing new. it began with the pagans of Makkah and will continue to grow as long as muslims continue to practice islaam.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

Where is the Allah knows best option akhi??:confused:

since we don't have that then i think it's going to be:

When we leave islam....Insha'Allah that will never happen so i guess the answer is never.Allah knows best.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

When I drove across the US it was an eye-opener. People stopped what they were doing to look at us. I must write I was met with the most respect I could have asked. People gave me the right of way. Men bowed their heads. I was very pleased.

It seemed as if we were the first Muslims many had encountered. When I asked for the prayer directions..everyone wanted to assist me. May Allah subhana talla reward His creation.

We as Muslims must take on the responsibility of ridding the fears. We can only do that by being proactive and interacting with our society and culture.
We must rid of ourselves of the stains of arrogance.

We can only achieve as much as we humble ourselves. We must be the first to reach out. It is that simple.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

I couldn´t answer as very soon because I don´t believe attitude of many people would change soon and also I couldn´t answer never because maybe it is plan of Allah that some day all America is islamic country. So, I answered I don´t know.

I agree with sister Aapa; mostly it is up our own behaviour how others will think and feel about us.

JenGiove

Assalaam walaikum,

When I drove across the US it was an eye-opener. People stopped what they were doing to look at us. I must write I was met with the most respect I could have asked. People gave me the right of way. Men bowed their heads. I was very pleased.

It seemed as if we were the first Muslims many had encountered. When I asked for the prayer directions..everyone wanted to assist me. May Allah subhana talla reward His creation.

We as Muslims must take on the responsibility of ridding the fears. We can only do that by being proactive and interacting with our society and culture.
We must rid of ourselves of the stains of arrogance.

We can only achieve as much as we humble ourselves. We must be the first to reach out. It is that simple.

Sister Aapa,
I am sooooo thrilled to hear that your trip was wonderful! What is seen on tv news and newspapers is such a small caption of America. I can attest that most people here have never seen or spoken to a Muslim. I'm so glad you got to see a good side of us.

Welcome back home.

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

Shaykh Muhammad al Tuwayjri wrote in usool al-deen al islami over this in the light of qur’aan and sunnah. It shows the general attitude of kuffar (- not to any particular state, country,person or others mashaAllaah) towards muslims and about their hidden plans and desires.

The enmity of the kuffaar – the People of the Book -Jews and Christians, mushrikeen (polytheists) and hypocrites – towards the believers will last until the Hour begins. The conflict between truth and falsehood will continue until Allaah inherits the earth and whomsoever is upon it.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And they will never cease fighting you until they turn you back from your religion (Islamic Monotheism) if they can. And whosoever of you turns back from his religion and dies as a disbeliever, then his deeds will be lost in this life and in the Hereafter, and they will be the dwellers of the Fire. They will abide therein forever”[al-Baqarah 2:217]

Because Islam rules the believers with justice, and gives each person his rights, and they do not want this to happen – for this reason they strive to wage war against this religion and to refute the truth with falsehood. But they can never achieve that, for this religion will abide, and Allaah will perfect His light, even though the kaafiroon hate that.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“They intend to put out the Light of Allaah (i.e. the religion of Islam, this Qur’aan, and Prophet Muhammad) with their mouths. But Allaah will bring His Light to perfection even though the disbelievers hate (it).

He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islamic Monotheism) to make it victorious over all (other) religions even though the Mushrikoon (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah and in His Messenger Muhammad) hate (it)”[al-Saff :8-9]

The kuffaar want all the nations of this earth to follow kufr as one:

“They wish that you reject Faith, as they have rejected (Faith), and thus that you all become equal (like one another)

[al-Nisaa’ 4:89 – interpretation of the meaning]

No matter what the kuffaar do, their enmity will not end. Even though they may speak words of friendship, their hearts are filled with hatred towards Islam and its people:

“How (can there be such a covenant with them) that when you are overpowered by them, they regard not the ties, either of kinship or of covenant with you? With (good words from) their mouths they please you, but their hearts are averse to you, and most of them are Faasiqoon (rebellious, disobedient to Allaah)”

[al-Tawbah 9:8 – interpretation of the meaning]
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/11400

Wa alaykum assalaam.

Amir_of_spain

America will not drop it because it's governments have vasted interests in the Middle East. Therefore it will always need to be there militarily thus it needs a reason so the American public will continue to support it. Hence the clash of civilisations.

In war there are always those who profits while bombs drop and the innocent die.

magdy_zone

easy answer is when muslims leave islam.

i.e. when Muslim begin drinking, fornicating and basically adopt all the other western values and give up islaamic values then they will be respected and honored. there are many examples take Rushdie for a start or other progressive muslims.

islamophobia is nothing new. it began with the pagans of Makkah and will continue to grow as long as muslims continue to practice islaam.

Muslim won't leave their values for the western sick values or for anything else , and about the islamophobia that began in mekkah didn't end when Muslims left their values it ended when many people started to know the truth about Islam

I think it's when the other way around, when people in America start seeing the truth about Islam and how it has nothing to do with terrorism and when they know that all of that was wrong-media forged information to justify their war,

many people has turned to Islam after 9\11 than before it and when these numbers starts to grow up more and more and when americans see the real Islam in Muslims there , this phobia will disappear by that time and inshallah it will be soon

arzafar

Assalaamu alaykum,

Shaykh Muhammad al Tuwayjri wrote in usool al-deen al islami over this in the light of qur’aan and sunnah. It shows the general attitude of kuffar (- not to any particular state, country,person or others mashaAllaah) towards muslims and about their hidden plans and desires.

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/11400

Wa alaykum assalaam.

jazakaalah khair brother. that was what i was trying to say.
it's directly from the quraan and cannot be argued against!
unless someone intentionally tries to distort the meaning of the quraan in order to obtain a different interpretation.

arzafar

Muslim won't leave their values for the western sick values or for anything else , and about the islamophobia that began in mekkah didn't end when Muslims left their values it ended when many people started to know the truth about Islam

I think it's when the other way around, when people in America start seeing the truth about Islam and how it has nothing to do with terrorism and when they know that all of that was wrong-media forged information to justify their war,

many people has turned to Islam after 9\11 than before it and when these numbers starts to grow up more and more and when americans see the real Islam in Muslims there , this phobia will disappear by that time and inshallah it will be soon

many muslims have also turned to islaam after 9/11, so it wasnt just a non muslim thing. the percentage of burqas and beards has risen greatly since 9/11. the number of mosques has also increased. these changes of the muslim population towards islam has put fear amongst the kuffar and their govts.

i promise you if those same muslim men would just shave and the women put on a nice skirt and walk hand in hand into the bar across street, they will be welcomed with open arms and honored a great deal. if anyone wants they can do this experiment.

this behavior applies to all kaafirs and not just particular countries.