WILL I GET ANOTHER CHANCE

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

I just remembered a story I read about or heard about and unfortunately Im not sure of the source but I believe it to be from one of the companions. Maybe one of the other brothers and sisters can clarify the source but I will do my best to retell what I remember of it.

There was a woman who came to the Prophet (SAW) to ask him how it was possible that Allah could ever forgive her past since her sins were so great in number she just couldnt believe it to be possible. The Prophet (SAW) assured her of course and after she left he told his companion that woman would enter the hellfire. The companion asked how that could be if Allah had forgiven all of her past sins and the Prophet (SAW) replied that it was due to the fact that she didnt believe Allah forgave her past sins.

After hearing that story I realized that it is very important to trust in Allahs promise to us that he will forgive our sins no matter how great they are.

Also in reading Quran I have taken notice that there are many places where it mentions Allah forbidding the killing of another person but it goes on to say whoever does that will surely burn in the hellfire UNLESS he repents!!!! So that means even if you kill someone then sincerely repent Allah may forgive you!!! I can think of no crime worse than taking another persons life! If Allah can forgive even that sin Im sure he can forgive whatever you or I may have done inshallah!

May Allah forgive me if any part of my story was told wrong or if I said anything else wrong as it was not my intention to do so.

a_stranger

Eid mubark for all , i think it is very important for a muslem to know how wide is the mercy of Allah subhanahu wa taala, this open the gates of hope widely. The shaytan becomes very happy when we loose hope.

Mairo

Maryama
Assalamu alaikum sister,

It is good for all of us to remember that repentance and seeking forgiveness is an ongoing process, we need to be continually in that state. Alhamdulilahi, we worship the most merciful beneficiant God, who provides us with ample opportunities to seek forgiveness and Allah loves to forgive and bestow mercy on those who turn to him in repentance.

You may find encouragement from these threads:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74890
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74951

Best wishes to you.

Valerie

:salam2:

I feel the same way. I'm really glad you asked, even if I'd prefer you didn't feel that way at all.

abjad

AlHamd Li'Laah
say AlhamduliLaah

you are alive...and on this life is the only chance, here on earth.

if i may take u to a little deeper (thinking) reasons when he (Prophet 'who was swallowed by the fish')
was forgiven Soon he realized his error?
of course
"Laa ilaha ila Anta Subhaanaka Ini Kuntu Mina dhaalimiiyn"

Take that and be mindful that ina HU HUWA LGHAFUURUN RAHIYYM

esperanza

revert of many years
shukran for this brother,,,,,jazak allahkhair
say AlhamduliLaah

you are alive...and on this life is the only chance, here on earth.

if i may take u to a little deeper (thinking) reasons when he (Prophet 'who was swallowed by the fish')
was forgiven Soon he realized his error?
of course

Take that and be mindful that ina HU HUWA LGHAFUURUN RAHIYYM

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

:salam2: sister,

Once I read that if a nation becomes perfect in practicing islam that they do not sin so there is no need to repent, then Allah Subhanu wa Tallah will replace that nation with another nation who will sin and will repent.

Repent sister repent, Allah Subhanu wa Tallah loves those who sincerely turn towards Him for forgiveness.

:wasalam: