Woman Who Doesn't Want to Work

rtbour

american muslima
Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhu. I have not been here in a long time! I have a question and need some advice:

I dont want to work, but my husband wont let me quit my job. Want to stay home and take care of the home and my 4 year old son. Work also just stresses me out and makes me very very tired and unable to clean and cook. It depresses me, too. I feel like working is the hardest thing in the world, and I hate it. I dont like being away from home and my son for 10 hours a day- it's horrible and makes me feel so guilty. My husband doesnt want me to quit, though. I make more money than him, and when I work, we have lots of extra money to spend on going out to dinner and new clothes and things like that. While i also enjoy those things, I would rather be poor and stay at home. My husband works full time and goes to college part time. He refuses to find a better job in which he could support his family better, which leaves me working my tail off and torn up in my heart and soul. And it leaves a strain on the marriage and makes it difficult to be the mom and wife I need to be. Please give me some advise. Can't I demand that he support me properly so I dont have to work?

palestine

Servant of Allah
Asalamu alaykum wrwb. Sister, Islam suggests and recommends that women stay home and for men to go out and work. Not because there's inequality but because women are better off at home and being with their children is more important since they are the child's first teacher. I truly think that you need to explain to your husband what the job is causing you. your children and home are more important and if you feel that you should stay home, it is best to do so. He( your husband) is supposed to be the one who's working and providing for the family. you have a right to receive proper care from him. he should take into consideration the fact that Men are supposed to be our maintainers and protectors. They are supposed to be our shield. if he's not letting you quit because of greediness, then sis you need to set him straight! go on youtube and let him watch some videos about marriage in islam and what it's supposed to be about. try and give him a wake up call inshaAllah. i wish the best for you. but i strogly suggest that you do that which is right which i believe is staying home and taking care of your house and children so as to preserve a family that is well cared for and happy. InshaAllah.
asalamu alaykum wrwb .

palestine

Servant of Allah
this is important video. it's actually part 10. i chose it for you so that you could hear the most important part. i'll post 1-9 in the next post. salam.
[yt]hgsca0U6tzs[/yt]

palestine

Servant of Allah
there's actually more than 10 parts, so i'll try my best to post them all. but this is part two...enjoy and show him these videos, they're on youtube.
[yt]pn8W5TNW5-M&feature=related[/yt]

palestine

Servant of Allah
PART 10 WHICH I REPOSTED FOR THOSE WHO MIGHT'VE SKIPPED IT UP TOP. :)
[yt]hgsca0U6tzs&feature=related[/yt]

palestine

Servant of Allah
That was all of it sister! :) but anyhow i would like to remind you ukhti, that you are indeed more precious than a jewel or pearl or anything in this world....you deserve the best inshaAllah, so keep your head up. do not argue, yell and brawl...simply talk to your husband and explain to him that you wish not to work inshaAllah and that you'd rather stay home. keep trying and inshaAllah persuade him. Asalamu alaykum wrwb.
Sincerely your sister in islam. :)

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Asalamu alaykum wrwb. Sister, Islam suggests and recommends that women stay home and for men to go out and work. Not because there's inequality but because women are better off at home and being with their children is more important since they are the child's first teacher.

I totally agree with this statement. Is not about inequality that Islam encourages women to stay at home. There are a lot of benefits. In the beginning, my wife was reluctant to resign, she loved her working career though she has many time reported sexual harassment at work place by few non muslims. Due to my insistence (thanks to the babysitter who failed to do her job properly), finally she quit her job. Economically I was bit struggling being sole breadwinner. Alhamdullilah, Allah helped me, now we are better. The happiest person when my wife resigned was our first son. Recently my wife told me that she now enjoys being a mother and do not have any feelings to go back to work though it will help me economically. Alhamdulillah, Allah guided her.

Believe me, our children improved a lot in education and they are growing as good muslim inshAllah and my wife really spent her time with them teaching especially about Islam and also assist them in academic subjects.

palestine

Servant of Allah
I totally agree with this statement. Is not about inequality that Islam encourages women to stay at home. There are a lot of benefits. In the beginning, my wife was reluctant to resign, she loved her working career though she has many time reported sexual harassment at work place by few non muslims. Due to my insistence (thanks to the babysitter who failed to do her job properly), finally she quit her job. Economically I was bit struggling being sole breadwinner. Alhamdullilah, Allah helped me, now we are better. The happiest person when my wife resigned was our first son. Recently my wife told me that she now enjoys being a mother and do not have any feelings to go back to work though it will help me economically. Alhamdulillah, Allah guided her.

Believe me, our children improved a lot in education and they are growing as good muslim because my wife really spent her time with them teaching about Islam.
MashaAllah, May Allah preserve your family. JazakaAllahu khayran akhi for doing your part as a Muslim husband. We need our ummah to grow, and in order for that to happen we have to have both partners willing to sacrifice and doing what is best according to Islam inshaAllah. May Allah reward you abundantly for your caring heart towards your wife. :ma:
Asalamu alaykum wrwb .

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

It is a man's duty to provide for his wife with her basic needs based on his capabilities, and a wife does not have to work unless she choses to work with the consent of her husband.
Many women ask their husbands for expensive things like diamonds or cars or a big house or things she doesnt really need. That could lead the husband to do wrong things like stealing or find an illegal way of gaining money.

Even if the woman choses to work and the husband is fine with it, He doesnt have the right to take anything from her.

Before Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him married Khadija he had nothing, and she was a business woman and hired him to run her business. but after marriage she stayed home and he did all the work for her, and took nothing from her.

Many men chose to marry a working woman because life is getting more expensive each day. it is true, But they dont have to think like that, life is not expensive in away that a man forces his wife to work. It is the unnecessary materialistic thinking that made it expensive.

Why do we need a microwave if we have a stove? Why do we need 2 cars when all we need is one? why do women need a new dress every month or every week when they only wear it once ayear? why do men pay for cigarette every day when it has no benefit at all?

we became so obsessed with technology and unnecessary accessories, that we became a lazy weak and unproductive nation. and thats one of the main reasons why life is getting harder.

We used to do fine without cell phones. look at us now, we barely see most of our families.
We used to do fine without air conditioning. look at us now, we cant stand the slightest weather change.
we have no limit on using things, we just use them becuz they are there.

(7:31) O Children of Adam! Look to your adornment at every place of worship, and eat and drink, but be not prodigal. Lo! He loveth not the prodigals.

a_stranger

:salam2:
I think it is very difficult to be a wife and a mother and a housekeeper in the same time ....to leave your child 10 hours a day is horrible .....I think it is better for the family to have less money than leaving the children in this manner. Try to convince your husband quietly.