Work, School Vs. Prayer!?

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
A'Salam Aylekum!

I worry about school right now, now that I stared praying (am not a convert).
I live near my university, but what can one do to not skipp prayers? NOt so long ago, I was told by a imam (am not sure) that one could pray Dhur Asr during Dhur time, if I was busy with lectures. How do you brothers and sisters deal with work and school which may be stopping you from prayer? I don't want to do all five when I'm home. Any solutions?

Jazakallah!

Salam!

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
asalaamualaikum,

walk out, pray, go back to the lecture.

i do that even in the midst of a meeting. prayer at its alloted time, there's no compromise. just think; if you're not allowed to skip the prayer on your deathbed are you allowed for the lecture that Allah will not even ask you about on the day of judgement?!

know what is important and prioritise it accordingly, you could die any second! (it helps if you have wudhu and your prayer mat with you at all times)

pcozzy

:salam2:

Like the brother mentioned would be good.

I just want to mention that, It is not advisable to asr prayer before the time of prayer unless there is harraj or athar. In other words, pray zuhr at zuhr to asr and pray asr from asr to before maghrib. Don't combine unless you are making up your salat.

:jazaak:

:wasalam:

Musulmanin

What you can do inshAllah is to pray between lectures, since there is some time from the beginning of zuhr and the end time of Asr prayers. I would think you will have a break. A 10 mins break is enough to go to the library between the aisles or some other quite place and pray. It will help you if you already in the state of purity ( make wudu on the break before the "prayer" break).

If you have to walk to other buildings find some places on your way to save time. Have certain places to pray when you're going to different classes.

I'm sure your university has lots of quite corners etc where you can pray. Use your time wisely inshAllah.

Wassalam

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
Salam aylekum!

Wow, I am impressed, I'd thought you would say: "just do them later, or skip them". You are very right. If there's a will, then there's a way. An no, you're very right, Allah won't ask us questions about the lecture. Funny thing is that my class will think I go on long bathroom visits at specific times:). I am gonna do this, thanks for the tips, I hope it will help others as well.

Allah will reward you brothers for this good deed, Ameen.

yakubpasha

asalaamualaikum,

walk out, pray, go back to the lecture.

i do that even in the midst of a meeting. prayer at its alloted time, there's no compromise. just think; if you're not allowed to skip the prayer on your deathbed are you allowed for the lecture that Allah will not even ask you about on the day of judgement?!

know what is important and prioritise it accordingly, you could die any second! (it helps if you have wudhu and your prayer mat with you at all times)

Mashallah you have such good iman to walk out in the middle of meetings too.

You cant combine prayers unless you are travelling. So you need to pray between lectures like others have suggested. Try to find some one to pray with you as it helps if you have company.

i am sure you can find 5-10 mins. Five prayers are compulsory. I know its difficult but keep reminding yourself that the world is just a test. These situations are also a test. If you lived opposite the masjid its really easy to pray.

In times where its difficult and you still pray is the real test.

may Allah make it easy on you

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

I totally understand what you going through i find it difficult to choose be late for my college lessons or pray on time and i think its an inward struggle and Allah will help you come to the right decision i just put it this way am i willing to stand before Allah with all the prayers i missed or prayed late with a feable excuse that i had class and i was ashamed to walk out no this is my exam and though i am struggling with studies, i hope that Allah will send his ease to me inshallah

OUR EXAM IN LIFE IS TO GO THROUGH THIS LIFE AS A STRANGER. And plus on judgement day do you really think Allah will ask what you learnt in class or will you be asked about your prayers and i say to myself first why be scared of what the teacher thinks when Allah can see and hear every thought that goes through your head He is the one you should fear and all forms of worship and obedience belong to Allah

Sorry i blabbled on but the point is just weigh to it up Prayers or class Its a no brainer when you put it like this AKHIRA OR DUNYA :shymuslima1:

salahdin

Wa aleikum musalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu . Allt kommer gå under och när man bli frågade vad har dú gjort med din tid ? En rimlig svar can inte vad " jag satt och lyssnade på min lärare medan det vad tid at be . Jag säger so här underätta din lärare att du kommer tar en fem minuter pause so att du ska hinna be . I vet han \hon kommer förstå dig och de andra strunta vad de kommer tycker for det är ALLAH AZA WAJALLAH du ska frukta.

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Yunus

In whatever business thou mayest be, and whatever portion thou mayest be reciting from the Qur'an― and whatever deed ye (mankind) may be doing― We are Witnesses thereof when ye are deeply engrossed therein. Nor is hidden from thy Lord (so much as) the weight of an atom on the earth or in heaven. And not the least and not the greatest of these things but are recorded in a clear Record. (61)

IbnAhmad

Personally Alhamdullilah i get the chance to read Zohr at lunch time and Asar straight after skwl, but i can understand where u are coming from; I feel if u discuss this issue with ur teachers, i'm sure they will understand

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaikum asalaam warahmatullah,

Combining prayer outside of travel is only permitted in certain, unusual situations, otherwise this would become a common trend among the Muslims.
You must pray the prayer on time, and you must pray it no matter what. I understand how hard it can be as I work full time and regulary have to preform up to three prayers at work, sometimes all five! But alhamdulillah with Allah is all success and He makes things easy for whom He wills.

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
Salam!

Again, you were very helpful, you are in my duas!

Is it okay to skip wudu to pray assr, because were I live we pray 1220 the dhur, assr 1407, they are so close to each other?

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
A'salam aleykum!

Thank you Tariqe2005, it saves me some time right now. But as time goes, I will do more of wudu when I'm in school.

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
Wa'salam Aylwkum wa'ra. wa.ba!

I just want to say, praying in school, wasn't as bad as I'd though. I just walked out of the classroom:) and I found a few places to pray in private. I hope Allah forgives me because I don't know which way is to Mecca. Thank you all, once again for the support! I hope this encourages other Muslim brothers and sisters to do the same, Allah will reward us all immensely!

Wa'salam Aylekum wa'ra. wa.ba!

mohamedqadar

asalaamu alleekum

brother i would advice you to pray on time wether you are in the lecture or not. in my case me and my class mate always tell the tutor that we have to leave for 5 min or so in order to pray and they always seem to accept italhamduli lallah.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Take wudu before lessons start so that you can straight away pray during the allocated time .

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
teaching Vs. praying???

Salam alaikum wa rahmatullah!

I wonder if any of you are teachers at any school? I'm a studying to become a teacher for: 6-9th graders. I'll have my practise in a few weeks, and I'm getting worried about doing the prayers on time. And I'm affraid that it may become diffucult to follow they prayer times when I become a teacher.

Is there a way that Allah, will understand? I mean if they don't let me pray (they may not see my prayers importance, which christians and atheist don't). I can't just quit, if I don't obey them if they say no, and I must follow their schedules. I hope Allah, helps us all. Makes it easier for us! Ameen.

Any ideas?

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

I wonder if any of you are teachers at any school? I'm a studying to become a teacher for: 6-9th graders. I'll have my practise in a few weeks, and I'm getting worried about doing the prayers on time. And I'm affraid that it may become diffucult to follow they prayer times when I become a teacher.

Is there a way that Allah, will understand? I mean if they don't let me pray (they may not see my prayers importance, which christians and atheist don't). I can't just quit, if I don't obey them if they say no, and I must follow their schedules. I hope Allah, helps us all. Makes it easier for us! Ameen.

Any ideas?

In my opinion, the only job that you can easily find time to pray is being a teacher. My dad is a teacher and for him lessons end about 1 hour after zuhur time.

Brother, you worry too much....

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamualaikum
Is it ok to pray an hour earlier than the prescribed zuhur time?
since im in uni atm lunch is from 12 till 1 ---- and zuhur is at 1.50 in a lecture

so i was wondering could i pray around 12.30? 12.45?

or should i jst ask permission to leave the lecture for about 20 minutes :)
Walaikumasalam

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
Wa Salam alaikum wa ramatullah!

NO, I don't think you can pray zuhur before zuhur starts, that's why there's a time limit. You can pray the prayer between zuhur and asr prayer. I'll have somewhat similar issue tomorrow, a lecture will start 1315 and end 1600. I have to pray assr 1435, and I will ask the teacher for permission.

Like brother alkathiri advised me above; do the wuhdu just before the class starts and keep clean, then you'll save at least a few valuable minutes.

I hope Allah makes it easy for you, inshallah!

Wa Salam alaikum wa ramatullah!