Working within the UK

Sisterswad

Salam Aleykoum everyone,

I am writing to get some advices and information about getting a job within Uk. Actually I am wearing the hijab and I have difficulties to get one here in France. I am looking for a job for a year and half now but hamdoulilah. It is rare to have the possibility to work with it here as people and the government are hostile to it. Working as a sale assistant in a boutique is impossible. I am graduated with a Master degree in International Business but can't have a position at this level with my hijab.

So I started to target the few little muslim friendly companies that I know but in France it is not yet developped. So I am quite struggling as having a little job to earn money is hard.

I have studied a year in UK but did not get work experience here. I've seen some girls that I met at the uni working with hijab as sales assistant but do not know how it really works in the workplace.

I wanted to know about working with the hijab in the Uk. Is it that common or not?
Sisters can you pretend to apply to position in line with your studies? How you interviews went so far?

Thank you

Precious Star

Salam Aleykoum everyone,

I am writing to get some advices and information about getting a job within Uk. Actually I am wearing the hijab and I have difficulties to get one here in France. I am looking for a job for a year and half now but hamdoulilah. It is rare to have the possibility to work with it here as people and the government are hostile to it. Working as a sale assistant in a boutique is impossible. I am graduated with a Master degree in International Business but can't have a position at this level with my hijab.

So I started to target the few little muslim friendly companies that I know but in France it is not yet developped. So I am quite struggling as having a little job to earn money is hard.

I have studied a year in UK but did not get work experience here. I've seen some girls that I met at the uni working with hijab as sales assistant but do not know how it really works in the workplace.

I wanted to know about working with the hijab in the Uk. Is it that common or not?
Sisters can you pretend to apply to position in line with your studies? How you interviews went so far?

Thank you

I don't live in the UK. But where I live a lot of hijabis get jobs in the government, because the government is an "equal opportunity" employer and is not allowed to discriminate.

Your other option is to move to a French-speaking Muslim country where hijab is acceptable, such as Morrocco, Tunisia or Lebanon. The gulf is also a popular destination for western-educated Muslim women.

Sisterswad

Thanks for replying. And where do you live?
I think Uk can be a first step to find a job and earn money. It is near to France and I can manage talking english in the workplace. But yeah there are many potential muslim countries to do the hijra..

Alex3horse

Salaams sis

I live in the UK and I have never had any trouble getting a job wearing hijab. There are lots of hijabi sisters working in every job and I have seen a niqaabi sister also! MashAllah it is very acceptable here x

Honey_Drop

Alikom assalaam

First of all I call Allah for me and you and all muslims to get an easy good happy life.
Regarding to your topic, first I hope the best for you, second how about working in some islamic countries like Arabian Gulf countries? In these countries they really valued people of western countries so if you have a good level of English and French and also if you would get a certificate in teaching languages I think that will really help a lot to get a good job there, also your Master degree will help you inshallah.

hopeeternal

salam sister
yes ithink uk is far beyond other european countries in giving possibilities for muslim women.
im originally from london and when i return to visit im amaze to find hijabi women working in every kind of job, so im sure you will find chances to work there, esepcially in big cities like london

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I am American but my husband is English. I've spent much time in the U.K and there are many women in hijab and niqab working. Shops and professional. You see, its illegal to discriminate against religion there.