Would you prevent your wife from entering the forums ?

would you prevent your wife \future wife from entering the forums

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Jasmine*

:salam2:

after reading a thread here about a sister geeting married and that herhusband doesnt want her to enter any forums i wondered if he is right so i thought of making this poll .i am married and my husband didnt ask me tto leave any forums because he knows that i am learning but if your answeris yes to the poll i will leave it inshAllah for the sake of Allah and my dear husband .

please if your answer is yes tell us why and you can explain too if its otherwise .

yameenahmed

No sister i think your correct what is there if a married women enter in a forum she will be knowing more about islam and i think there are many married women in this site and ofcourse if her husband does not want her to be in the forum then she should obey

revert2007

Love Fishing
obeying husband

salam to everyone.as how we always believe that 'parents know the best for their children'...i also believe that....'the husband knows the best for the wife'.
That's the reason Allah choose a man to be the leader to guide the wife and the family.
There is always many ways to learn islam,not necessarily through forums.Even during our prophet's time there is no internet yet people can gain more knowledge about islam.
We shouldn't argue or condemn one man's decision for not allowing the wife to join forums.He has the rights to do so...in the beginning we might feel depressed but when the time passes by...we will know that the husband had done the right thing.salam to everyone.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
If you are talking about TTI, my answer is no. In fact, I will encourage her. There are so much to gain in term of knowledge from TTI.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh dear sister in Islam....

I have woted as a third person and I have voted as I am not sure. The reason behind that is because I need to understand myself and my wife (in future inshaAllah) very clearly. If I have fear that our marriage might negatively be affected if any one of us take part in those forums, I will not allow me to enter them and my wife also. I will not tell her not to go and talk on the forums while I am doing so. Myself and my wife MUST be equal in these things for the well being of our marriage. This is what I think.

Also I may allow me and her to use them if I am very confident on myself and my lovely wife that NO POST or NO CONVERSATION will affect our marriage.

I know these forums do improve our iiman a lot. That is why it will take me a lot of time to make a decision which can be done after marriage only. It depends on both of us.

JazakiAllah khair sister.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

BigAk

salam to everyone.as how we always believe that 'parents know the best for their children'...i also believe that....'the husband knows the best for the wife'..

ummmmm.. not so sure about generalizing this... I would not go as far as making this a "rule of thumb."

I am a man by the way..

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
I am not a man, neither am I married. But I see no reason for forbidding a wife to enter the TTI forum. Another forum about non-islamic things maybe yes. But if a husband takes just a glance at how this forum is and what we talk about and the over all vibe there is nothing harmful to find. Only good can come from it.

assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh sister Bosna89 (I think you are from Proud Muslim land of Bosnia)...

Truly you spoke there. Please all the brothers and sisters note that I did not speak about my lovely TTI in my post, but I spoke in general.

It depends totally on the understanding of both, and it should be appreciated if there is ANY hope.:)

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Salem9022

I would not allow my wife to go near these kinds of forums ever even for myself. There are too many wierdos on the Internet and there is alot of fitnah. Also one shouldn't learn Islam from the Internet, they should go to the masajid and get to know the Muslim community and learn Islam there. Learning Islam from forums is not healthy, Its not the same as you learning Islam in Person infront of others. I do how ever would allow my wife to go to sites which are more controled and I would know the content there isn't deviant and people who hold obsurd beliefs.

safiya58

we don´t know the reason why he didn´t want her to enter forums... maybe there is a justifying reason .. and assumed he just doesn´t like his wife to visit such forums no matter what the reason is, it is ok... this is their business...

:wasalam:

*Jasmine*

we don´t know the reason why he didn´t want her to enter forums... maybe there is a justifying reason .. and assumed he just doesn´t like his wife to visit such forums no matter what the reason is, it is ok... this is their business...

you know what i believe you are right but i am concerned that may be this isnt welcomed by husbands in this case i should stop visiting it . actually my husband is a very pious and good man and he wants me to learn as much as possible about or religion . and he isnt here all the time to help me but i want to do the best for both of us .

so sorry if i talked about here but it made me think about what ishould do towards my husband .
saalm alykom

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
i think the fitnah is equal for men and women on net. maybe more for men.

if a husband dislike his wife going online, he should also exercice control.

Allah knows best

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
are you kidding sister, this forum is great it helps us gather so much more information about Islam and follow islam better in our lives.

I would Never tell my wife not to visit this forum, infact, i would encourage her to visit it and would also visit it myself, If my wife (when i have one lol) would like to learn about islam increase her deen who am i to stop her.

And i really think a husband should have atleast this much trust in her that he lets her gain information and knowledge on her own.

I feel really bad for the sister that just had to leave the forum cuz she got married i really dont think its unfair to her, in Islam the women does not become the property of men when she is married, Some might say Husband knows best, well Girls have knowledge too and brain too.

JazakAllah
PS; I apologize if i hurt someone with my words

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Sorry i want to say WHy are so many people agreeing that if the husband says no than she shudn't ?
Its a women's right to get the knowledge, Allah (swt) gave her, her own will.

This is what i dont like we are not following Islam, Islam doesn't tell us to restrain women from knowledge
this is a biblical idea, and people who do dawaa with bible know this, im pretty sure bro BigAk you know wat im talking about. Bible says dont let the women go out and gain knowledge and she shud only gain knowledge from her husband.
Islam came to change that, bring justice to everyone and here we are dwelling again in what the ppl did before islam.

I encourage all women to know their rights in Islam so they can better defend themselves, I am a guy and looking around me I dont think all guy treat women EQUAL which is exactly wat islam says.

safiya58

you know what i believe you are right but i am concerned that may be this isnt welcomed by husbands in this case i should stop visiting it . actually my husband is a very pious and good man and he wants me to learn as much as possible about or religion . and he isnt here all the time to help me but i want to do the best for both of us .

so sorry if i talked about here but it made me think about what ishould do towards my husband .
saalm alykom

no sister Jasmine you don´t need to be sorry at all.... I´ve got nothing against this thread... mashaallah this is so kind of you that you give your best... when it is ok for your husband it would be cool when you keep on visitting... but also try to gain knowledge by visiting the mesjid or islamic school if possible... may Allah increase your knowledge and reward you with good in this world and the other...

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
I would prevent my husband (*edit: if he prevented me) from going on a forum, also I wouldnt let my younger brother on a forum.

Why is the question one sided :)

wa-alaykum salam wa rahmatullaah.

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Asalaamulaykum,

I dont have a husband but if i did i would apply the rule of 'whats good for the goose........'

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

i wouldn't say no to her being on TTI but i probably wouldn't want her to be on myspace or something. TTI isn't a site about hooking up, but rather it's an informative site about islam. i know that a muslim sister can't even have a myspace page for five minutes before some brother tries to propose to her. now if i have a myspace or facebook page, to be fair i would cancel my account.

when i met my wife, we met online. and when we were content with each other, we both decided to end or cancel our account to the muslim matchmaking site.

since i am a regular here at TTI, she could easily disapprove of me being on the forums here as well. i think in these situations the couples need to be fair with each other because if not the husband just appears as another insecure muslim guy and another oppressed muslim woman in the eyes of others.

safiya58

Sorry i want to say WHy are so many people agreeing that if the husband says no than she shudn't ?
Its a women's right to get the knowledge, Allah (swt) gave her, her own will.

This is what i dont like we are not following Islam, Islam doesn't tell us to restrain women from knowledge
this is a biblical idea, and people who do dawaa with bible know this, im pretty sure bro BigAk you know wat im talking about. Bible says dont let the women go out and gain knowledge and she shud only gain knowledge from her husband.
Islam came to change that, bring justice to everyone and here we are dwelling again in what the ppl did before islam.

I encourage all women to know their rights in Islam so they can better defend themselves, I am a guy and looking around me I dont think all guy treat women EQUAL which is exactly wat islam says.

brother we can also gain islamic knowledge from the mesjid or school... and in my oppinion it is also much better...

but specially this forum tti is so good, not only to gain knowledge, but to be with other muslims... it gives one motivation to keep on praying and doiing good deeds... when you live somewhere where muslims are in the minority you just need ppl around you who are rightous to protect you from the fitnah outside....

but still if I would have a husband and he does not want me to visit forums.. then I will refrain from it... cuz I have to obey him if he´s my husband... I don´t think that he is depriving me from my rights when not allowing me nor I think that I´m weak, oppressed or whatever...

just think at what a husband gives to her wife... he cares for her... he protects her... he covers her faults... he honors her... he is there for her when she needs someone to be there... and so on..

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
In spite of my own post above I dont think its a major issue, if someone really had to leave an online forum for the sake of a peaceful marriage then obviously they would, its not really something to compare or put in the same category at all.

i wouldn't say no to her being on TTI but i probably wouldn't want her to be on myspace or something. TTI isn't a site about hooking up, but rather it's an informative site about islam. i know that a muslim sister can't even have a myspace page for five minutes before some brother tries to propose to her. now if i have a myspace or facebook page, to be fair i would cancel my account.

TTI is certainly not about ''hooking up'', true, but I dont know if you saw the thread not so long ago where discussion turned to whether or not its okay to propose to a sister via PM? I was genuinely surprised by the number of regular members on here who didnt seem to think there was a problem with that. There clearly is.

wa-alaykum salam wa rahmatullaah.

Abdul_Azeez

It depends on what type of wife a man has. If she's a believing woman, ma-sha-Allah, then there's no need to worry at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.