when your hijab is see-though,
or when its half on your head and half not,
or when it's on but the fringe is showing,
or when your hairs covered but ears are showing,
or when your hijab's on but you are wearing skin tight clothes,
or when you think that hijab is just covering your hairs,

Sisters.....That's not hijab.

or when hijab in here with lots of make-up there,
or when hijab is on with a 'good-bye' to the boyfriend gone...

Sisters...That's not Hijab!!!

Attachments

• not-hijab.jpg
    not-hijab.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 48

aroojimran

Salam alykum wrwb brother

You are absolutely right..If ones hijab is revealing any part which a woman shouldnt in front of Non-Muharrams,then its not serving the purpose and is good for nothing!

revert2007

Love Fishing
what is awra

well it is not only hijab but also the whole body.some wear hijab which covers their while hair yet they wear long tight sleeve adn on top of it u wear short sleeve cloths and jeans.usually in egypt the girls wear these cloths.and the hijab is more like the turkish hijab which is colourful and is not long enough to cover the chest.

this is a link where it shows the current hijab style in egypt.i would prefer to call it HYPOCRITES HIJAB
http://thehijablog.wordpress.com/2008/09/15/egyptian-hijab-street-style/

why is it sodifficult for women to let go their beauty for the sake of Allah?as how muslim man can let go alcohol,women and other stuffs why cant muslim women let go their beauty???????

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
I agree 1thousand times!!!!!!!! or they, fully garbed with flip flops on (sisters can you pray like that?), or fully garbd and LOUD talking to the person standing right next to them, wow y can I hear what your talking about??? half hijab, no modesty. and quick 2 say Allah know my heart/ or my intentions! thats the all time favorite hypocrite line.

revert2007

Love Fishing
weak iman i suppose!
yes ur right.and besides that they just can't accept peolpe critising them because of their hijab.and here the mother should be blammed.if the mother's raising is good,this things will never occur.even many children and teenagers do not pray.and the mother dont bother.all what the mother wants is EXCELENT MARKS IN EXAM.is this gonna take them to jannah by the way?DEEN first then u can think about ur excellent marks.

women with weak deen make the whole muslim community to be weak deen as well.

Isra

aka Tree2008
well it is not only hijab but also the whole body.some wear hijab which covers their while hair yet they wear long tight sleeve adn on top of it u wear short sleeve cloths and jeans.usually in egypt the girls wear these cloths.and the hijab is more like the turkish hijab which is colourful and is not long enough to cover the chest.

this is a link where it shows the current hijab style in egypt.i would prefer to call it HYPOCRITES HIJAB

why is it sodifficult for women to let go their beauty for the sake of Allah?as how muslim man can let go alcohol,women and other stuffs why cant muslim women let go their beauty???????

As salamo alaikome....

WOW..........we are all talking about women and hijab but when I follow this link you posted here I saw additional links in it at the bottom so when I clicked on them it took me to a couple news websites talking about how the men and especially in Egypt are cat calling and actually groping the women who are WEARING HIJAB????????? What is this????? And I keep saying MY country is the worst place on earth???? I would bet my life that if a woman in the USA was wearing hijab she might get strange looks and people might even be THINKING terrorism in their minds but I doubt a man would EVER grope a woman dressed with hijab here in the USA. And I hear over and over the West is the leader in all that is determined to be bad???? I doubt very much this would happen in the USA. There are very high cases of rape and sexual harrassment of women in the workplace here but these cases are predominantly with women who dress in the typical Western manner. I am not excusing this behavior or saying this country is so good but NEVER would I have expected to read that in a MUSLIM country men are getting away with these actions towards women who are WEARING hijab. Im just saying...............WOW.

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation

Assalamualaikum - wow the comments on that page made me laugh LOL!
Is it just me or does it appear as if the muslim ummah are drowning deeper everyday? :(

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualaikum - wow the comments on that page made me laugh LOL!
Is it just me or does it appear as if the muslim ummah are drowning deeper everyday? :(
if u who are just reading it would feel this,what about me who left my family and everything to follow my husband to egypt?i miss Malaysia and Malaysia is the best muslim country...

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
I presume that Muslim women ALSO are not allowed alcohol, MEN, or other stuffs? In which case, my next question would be, if wearing Hijab were easy, why don't the men wear it as well? Even if it is not required of men, I have never heard anyone say that Hijab is forbidden to men. Surely it would be the virtuous thing for Muslim men to do, to give up THEIR beauty, and wear head-to-toe black clothing which is highly uncomfortable in the desert, in order to help set an example for the women.

Hello :) ,

The prohibition of alcohol and other intoxicants is same for both men and women. True

Women wear Hijab because Allah swt has commanded them to in the verses of the Quran. There is no command for men to wear a veil in the Quran. However men also have Awrah (private parts) which is from the navel to the knee, which needs to be covered at all times. You can read about it in more detail here.

The men also have to dress modestly and not wear tight clothing in order to attract attention of the opposite sex.

Also, some muslim men *choose* to wear a 'thobe' instead of modern clothes (jeans,pants,shirts etc), although it is mostly prevalent in Arab countries.
It does cover the body from neck down till the ankle and doesn't reveal the shape of their body. Funnily enough, it is suited to be worn in hot climates (like deserts that you mentioned).

I hope I have answered your question. :)

Peace

Amtullah

Servant of Allah
BrotherInIslam, you wrote:

Yes, I know that the Quran does not comman for men to wear a veil, but what I was wondering was if there was a comman for men to NOT wear a veil. If not, it seems to me that if a Muslim man wished to be virtuous, and set an example for women, he would wear a black veil, and be as uncomfortable as the women are in the heat.

Regarding tight clothing, there are many places where I live where nobody would be allowed to wear Hijab, and would have to wear tight clothing. Not necessarily skin tight, but not very loose, either. There are many factories with machines here, and wearing dangly jewelry, or loose clothing and hair is not allowed, lest it be caught in the machines. Trust me, you do not want to get caught in a machine. There is a man where I work who got caught in a farm machine many years ago, and lost his arm up to his elbow.

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuh

Men are prohibited from dressing like women, and women like men.

Both men and women are required to dress modestly.

May Allah forgive us for our sins, and guide us to dress and act in a way that pleases Him. Ameen.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Farhana

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I sense a mocking and even a condescending tone in some of the replies here...

Who are we and what status have we received to pick up these sorts of attitudes and belch them out at others?

We don't what is making these sisters dress or act the way they do..it can be ignorance..it can be peer pressure..it can be misunderstanding of the deen..it can be lack of advice from parents and other Muslims..it can be fear..it can be youth..it can be a weak sense of individuality..it can be a lot of things brothers and sisters!

Until each one of us knows *exactly why* these sisters do what they do (even if it's *haram*)..we can't even begin *advising* them..because as Muslims we are to enjoin the good and forbid the evil through certainty of what lays before us not through *mental conceptions* or *personal judgments*..and with that certainty we must utilize utmost wisdom and kindness (I won't even tap into how we need to begin a process of correction for *ourselves* looong before others..I think this concept should be drilled into our minds already)..

Allah (swt) says in the Qura'an:

"Invite to the Way of your Lord with wisdom and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided." [An-Nahl 16:125]

Mocking others..and even belittling them..despite how illogical or irrational they may sound or seem..will not get either side *anywhere*..the one advising will remain worried and aggravated by the lack of progress they wish to make..and the one being advised will develop a detestation and a stubbornness towards any words uttered to them as a "piece of advice"

So brothers and sisters..please let us all stick to fair preaching and arguing in a way that is better and stay away from mockery and detailing the faults of those we want to be guided..in these times of trials and fitnah..we cannot afford being held accountable for more faults and we certainly don't want to lose more brothers and sisters to the sticky webs of shaitan

:wasalam:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
BrotherInIslam, you wrote:

Yes, I know that the Quran does not comman for men to wear a veil, but what I was wondering was if there was a comman for men to NOT wear a veil. If not, it seems to me that if a Muslim man wished to be virtuous, and set an example for women, he would wear a black veil, and be as uncomfortable as the women are in the heat.

Hello again :)

Let us first realize that men and women are different in physical features. The women's body is more adorned and beautified by Allah swt. Hence the women cover their body infront of non mahram men. As my sister mentioned earlier also, men and women are also commanded not to imitate the dress of eachother.

The women doesn't have to look up to the man for virtuousness in clothing. Islam is a religion sent down by Allah swt for all mankind. The Muslim women dresses to please her creator Allah swt and not the man. The women has nothing to prove to the man or viceversa. The muslim women look upto the 'mother of believers', their own mothers ,sisters etc for leading a simple and modest life.

The man has his own way of dressing way of dressing modestly and being virtuous. He doesnt need to wear a veil just to show empathy towards muslim women. However Allah swt has commanded man to look after the women in his family (mother, sister, wife , female child etc) and the muslim women in general. And also deal with them justly and with kindness.

I hope my answer helped you understand about this issue. :)

Trust me, you do not want to get caught in a machine. There is a man where I work who got caught in a farm machine many years ago, and lost his arm up to his elbow.

That's very tragic.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
a_muslimah86: You are very wise, it is wrong to belittle others because of the way they dress or do not dress. There is probably NO way for people to dress which is not likely to be strange to someone, somewhere on the planet. If I can ask you a favor, could you go look at my other post about clothing that allows one to 'cheat' at sports, and comment on it?

Actually dear..that's no wisdom of mine..I was only speaking of what I know from my religion..Islam does not tolerate belittlement..mockery..and unfair judgments..it has no room for such things..even if they are towards a betterment of another person (whether they're Muslim or not)..if others do not know the rulings of dress (specifically hijab) in Islam..then that does not allow us to make them a target or give us a free ticket to criticize them or mock them..it is our duty to know what they're going through and why they're in that state..and if we are to advice them..then we must extend kindness and respect to them..so we may soften their hearts towards the truth and towards that which Allah (swt) favors so they may live under His mercy and we may earn rewards from it if Allah Wills

I do appreciate your kind words though..and I did make a reply to your other post..inshallah it will satisfy your curiosity :)

poetic

mrs aisha b
Actually dear..that's no wisdom of mine..I was only speaking of what I know from my religion..Islam does not tolerate belittlement..mockery..and unfair judgments..it has no room for such things..even if they are towards a betterment of another person (whether they're Muslim or not)..if others do not know the rulings of dress (specifically hijab) in Islam..then that does not allow us to make them a target or give us a free ticket to criticize them or mock them..it is our duty to know what they're going through and why they're in that state..and if we are to advice them..then we must extend kindness and respect to them..so we may soften their hearts towards the truth and towards that which Allah (swt) favors so they may live under His mercy and we may earn rewards from it if Allah Wills

I do appreciate your kind words though..and I did make a reply to your other post..inshallah it will satisfy your curiosity :)

Salaam Alaikum,
I know you are trying to help but I have noticed something about you..yes you are very educated and smart but at the same time, its almost like your correcting everyone all the time, there is this video on youtube by ummahfilms its called "haram police" it reminds me of you.. I know you just want to help, and maybe im taking it wrong but you should try to do it with a bit more ease..you talk about judgement and critiqueing and to me thats what you are doing.. I hope this did not come out wrong and I hope you and especially Allah forgives me for anything I have done/said wrong.. It is not my in intentions to hurt you or anything, I am very emotional my self.. You also mentioned knowing the duty of ones state.. we dont personally need to know why anyone is doing what they dao thats between them and Allah, if we someone doing wrong maybe a little advice in hopres to guide them to the right path InshAllah

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Salaam Alaikum,
I know you are trying to help but I have noticed something about you..yes you are very educated and smart but at the same time, its almost like your correcting everyone all the time, there is this video on youtube by ummahfilms its called "haram police" it reminds me of you.. I know you just want to help, and maybe im taking it wrong but you should try to do it with a bit more ease..you talk about judgement and critiqueing and to me thats what you are doing.. I hope this did not come out wrong and I hope you and especially Allah forgives me for anything I have done/said wrong.. It is not my in intentions to hurt you or anything, I am very emotional my self.. You also mentioned knowing the duty of ones state.. we dont personally need to know why anyone is doing what they dao thats between them and Allah, if we someone doing wrong maybe a little advice in hopres to guide them to the right path InshAllah

If what you have described above is what you perceive me to be..that's because that's who I am even in everyday life..I am the oldest child in the family..and have raised my 3 brothers and sister with special needs all on my own practically..so I do take on the roll of *correcting* and *directing*..it's become *me* infact..and if you perceive me to be a haram officer in the haram police (a categorization of the highly regarded "authority" known as "ummahfilms")..then I'm glad that you do..as that let's me know I'm attempting to change that which is wrong with *my tongue* and it is the 2nd best attempt after changing it with *my hand* as Rasulullah (saaws) says in one of his very well-known hadiths..anyway..I write and participate here because I feel it's a duty to learn that which is correct and also say it and clarify it so others would learn it like I have..and this is pretty much the *goal* of TTI..so I'm serving a principle of my deen and a principle of this site..nothing more..nothing less..

Anyway..I appreciate your input..though I would have appreciated it a lot more if it was done through a PM so I can truly sense the sincere attempt of yours to point out a thing which I could be doing wrong and perhaps even ponder it and accept it *fully*

P.S. The bit about knowing why someone does what they do so we advise them thoroughly and effectively..doesn't come from a personal opinion..I read it in a fatwa about advising others made by Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen..

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
We should not be quick to judge until we take a look at ourselves. Allah is our judge. Whoever wears their hijab like this might not know the right way to do it and if they do, then shame on them. We sin everyday and Allah forgives, so we should focus on things that are more important and relevant to our worldly life and Allah knows best.:hijabi:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
I sense a mocking and even a condescending tone in some of the replies here...

Who are we and what status have we received to pick up these sorts of attitudes and belch them out at others?

We don't what is making these sisters dress or act the way they do..it can be ignorance..it can be peer pressure..it can be misunderstanding of the deen..it can be lack of advice from parents and other Muslims..it can be fear..it can be youth..it can be a weak sense of individuality..it can be a lot of things brothers and sisters!

Until each one of us knows *exactly why* these sisters do what they do (even if it's *haram*)..we can't even begin *advising* them..because as Muslims we are to enjoin the good and forbid the evil through certainty of what lays before us not through *mental conceptions* or *personal judgments*..and with that certainty we must utilize utmost wisdom and kindness (I won't even tap into how we need to begin a process of correction for *ourselves* looong before others..I think this concept should be drilled into our minds already)..

Allah (swt) says in the Qura'an:

"Invite to the Way of your Lord with wisdom and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided." [An-Nahl 16:125]

Mocking others..and even belittling them..despite how illogical or irrational they may sound or seem..will not get either side *anywhere*..the one advising will remain worried and aggravated by the lack of progress they wish to make..and the one being advised will develop a detestation and a stubbornness towards any words uttered to them as a "piece of advice"

So brothers and sisters..please let us all stick to fair preaching and arguing in a way that is better and stay away from mockery and detailing the faults of those we want to be guided..in these times of trials and fitnah..we cannot afford being held accountable for more faults and we certainly don't want to lose more brothers and sisters to the sticky webs of shaitan

well said sister:D:D:D
I can speak from experiance...all you said was true!!! teenage life is kinda hard!!subhanaAllah....I have been in the shoes of those sisters.....not because I was BAD, but because I was ignorants, and wearing Abaya,,,,and such seemed ugly....to me!! UNTIL! the truth HIT me from NO WHERE!! it's the trend of low selfsteem, peer pressure and all that you have listed above, and I am sure, all those sisters are NOT diviating form Islam...but they're simply lost, may Allah guide them and all of us. Sister, you said it really well, we dont need mockry and such....it's not nice, and making asssumptions of others actions isnt either!may Allah hel us all......jazakaAllah khairan for the Input....it's really nice to see others correcting themselves! like you said *forbidding evil and enjoinin good* may Allah bless you and all us ameen....brothers and sisters, lets me nice to others, assume that you're in their positions...inshaAllah!!
take care....Allah be with you all:D

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
well said sister:D:D:D
I can speak from experiance...all you said was true!!! teenage life is kinda hard!!subhanaAllah....I have been in the shoes of those sisters.....not because I was BAD, but because I was ignorants, and wearing Abaya,,,,and such seemed ugly....to me!! UNTIL! the truth HIT me from NO WHERE!! it's the trend of low selfsteem, peer pressure and all that you have listed above, and I am sure, all those sisters are NOT diviating form Islam...but they're simply lost, may Allah guide them and all of us. Sister, you said it really well, we dont need mockry and such....it's not nice, and making asssumptions of others actions isnt either!may Allah hel us all......jazakaAllah khairan for the Input....it's really nice to see others correcting themselves! like you said *forbidding evil and enjoinin good* may Allah bless you and all us ameen....brothers and sisters, lets me nice to others, assume that you're in their positions...inshaAllah!!
take care....Allah be with you all:D

We all go through phases and trip face first into the muds of fitnah a lot of times..that's why it's important for those aware of what's good for us not to judge us..but wipe our faces from that mud..pull us of these phases..and put our feet towards that which pleases Allah with sincere concern and kindness and remembering that we're just *as vulnerable* as they are...and trust me ukhti...I know a lot of our sisters do not intentially dress the way they do or commit the mistakes they do..there's a lot of good in our sisters mashallah..we just need to *bring it out* and make sure it stays so :)..I love you for Allah's sake very very much

poetic

mrs aisha b
We all go through phases and trip face first into the muds of fitnah a lot of times..that's why it's important for those aware of what's good for us not to judge us..but wipe our faces from that mud..pull us of these phases..and put our feet towards that which pleases Allah with sincere concern and kindness and remembering that we're just *as vulnerable* as they are...and trust me ukhti...I know a lot of our sisters do not intentially dress the way they do or commit the mistakes they do..there's a lot of good in our sisters mashallah..we just need to *bring it out* and make sure it stays so :)..I love you for Allah's sake very very much

As a convert myself I am a perfect example of being truly sincere with my faith but sometimes may not show it through dress althought I do try.. It takes time and money but I have almost a full modest wadrobe now and as for my other clothes i work with what I got, sweaters, long shirts ect..

Status
Not open for further replies.