Not open for further replies.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Well thats his opinion,

Question:

Questioner: Is it permissible for a woman to drive a car? Answer:

If it is permissible for her to ride upon a donkey then it is permissible for her to drive a car. Questioner:
But there is a difference between a donkey and a car.
Sh Al-Albaanee:
Which is more concealing – riding upon a donkey or in a car? I would suggest (riding in) a car.

Shaykh Naasir ud-Deen al-Albaanee

ShyHijabi

So let me get this straight, it's better for women to have a non-mahrem (taxi-driver) to be in the car with them but it will be fitnah for her to drive herself? And women drive all the time with nikaabs on in this country, I see it everyday.

Bottom line is this, women were allowed their own transportation in Rasool's time (camels, horses, donkeys, etc.,) and were not forbidden. They should not be limited now because one guy thinks westerners have some ulterioir motivation to asking why women can't drive. Women are not stupid or helpless, not allowing them to drive is basically finding a way to keep them in a guilded cage, it is about control. Women in the West are stay at home mons who drive their children to school, pick up food from the market, and other numerous jobs that need to be done to help a house run smoothely. Women driving and being good wives and mothers is not exclusive.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
here in KSA, even when women are sitting in their family cars driven by their drivers, young men keep chasing their cars, sticking out their mobile numbers,etc. (not always but many times)

so imagine the fitnah when she's driving all alone. she can meet anybody she likes. nobody to see where she is going to. dont u think it will increase fitnah?

as sister above said, only few percantage follow Islam properly, dont u think women obsesses with western values, tank-tops, jeans will go on dating if given freedom to drive?

assalamu alaykum

Well, rather than banning women from driving, perhaps the answer is actually making some sort of change to the Society, where such men roam??

I believe that if there are men who go around chasing women in cars, there is a problem!

I know in much of the Middle East the way some men behave, and in Saudi Arabia too, even in Makkah and Madinah, the behaviour of some of the locals is really deplorable and shocking. A lot goes on there, that most people are unaware of, and the problem is, that it is often ignored or hid under the carpet.

The way the youth hang outside McDonalds in Hayy al Umarah, in Madinah, and they look for girls and try to send them Msgs, or get their numbers! or just whistle and holler.. The thing is, they look so funny, because they try to dress Western, but end up wearing jeans which are designed for women. I remember, when I was there, how some of the teenager guys wore designs that were obviously for girls. Very cool. :p

I am in Jordan, next to Saudi Arabia, there are many sisters who drive cars, many of them who wear the niqab. The atmosphere here, is totally different to the neighbouring countries. It is not perfect, no place is, and there are many problems with Jordan and with Palestine, but the problems that exist in Saudi Arabia to do with women, and fitnah do not exist here to the same extent.

And of course, coming from the UK, it is quite normal for women to drive, whether Muslim or not Muslim..

There is no problem whatsoever from women driving cars. People should not be mixed up and make this as to having something to do with Islam.

There is a bigger fitnah that women have drivers, and a lot of women end up having affairs with the drivers! and the men who have affairs with female maids in Saudia. Many illegitimate children there.

No matter how many tight laws and regulations you may make, people will break them and not care. THere is only an extent to how much you can force people to do things. The change must come from the family, the culture. People should be raisd to respect women and to behave in Islamic way. That is how it is here in Jordan.

In Saudi some of the guys, they just behave really really like jerks, due to the way they have no tarbiyyah at home, and are just forced into being in a way. So, they do silly stunts with their cars, (like the tonnes of youtube videos of dangerous things they do with their cars).. or just gaze after women, and follow them. Stalking is an acceptable activity for some teenagers in shopping malls. Just imagine the most creepiest of people ! You will see them in Riyadh and Jeddah! I can not even begin to explain this strange phenomena. Even the way they dress, in the Gulf countries, some men also wear high heeled sandals underneath their dishdasha. I have seen so many strange things......

This is problem with much of the Gulf countries, a mixture of ignorance, slow break down in society and morality and a lot of money.

Anyway, I think it is a good rule for Saudi Arabia, they should extend it to men driving, then it would be a lot safer. When I lived in Saudia I remember, having to avoid all the Saudi men that were changing the rear view mirror so they can fix their Shamagh and Iqaal, their mirror is permanently fixed upon their own head so they can make sure they look good, and they are doped up and high on Kahwah

assalamu alaykum

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli

Well thats his opinion,

Question:

If it is permissible for her to ride upon a donkey then it is permissible for her to drive a car. Questioner:
Sh Al-Albaanee:
Which is more concealing – riding upon a donkey or in a car? I would suggest (riding in) a car.

Esselamu alejkum

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu Allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

If I remember well we had this thread not long time ago and before that too etc, and they have been closed and opened only Allah knows the best why???

With all due respect to the schollar, but Allah has gave woman her rights that belong only to her and nobody will never change that Allhamdullilah. If woman wants to drive a car she can do that , and there is no prohibition for that in Islam.

Prohibition of driving for woman in Saudi Arabia is not from Shariah law, but from personal law of this country. I think that untill now we all have understood this very well. Thanks to Allah on this too.

"Sheikh explains it everything...". With all due respect "Sheikh did not explain anything SubhanAllah, since he was talking about fitnah in general and did not give any explanation how driving causes fitnah and education of woman not. Wa la hawle wa la quwete ila billahi. It would be also very good if Saudi schollars would say something about everything not alowed what Saudi kings done in past and still are doing, Astagfirulah.

May Allah increase our knowledge

:wasalam:

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Women not being allowed to drive is just another man-made defective law. I don't see any reason how females drivers can cause any extraordinary Fitna when the major problem is always mingling with the opposite sex alone (applies in any situation, anywhere - after, it's a saying of a perfect man (pbuh), subhan Allah). As many sisters do in general, if she does not speak to any non-mehram unnecessarily there’s no reason why can't she go and pick up her children from school or do some grocery shopping, and so forth.

She can go and meat anyone?
If you the husband can leave her alone at home when you are at office – and anyone can come home in your absence - because you know she’s faithful to you and Allah Azwaj’al, why won’t you let her go outside the house to do some household tasks (in nearby area)?

religious police is helpless if they belong to royal family and rich shiekhs.

LOL.....so thats the real reason....the *FITNAH* part is jz a scapegoat word ................there r 700 royal families in saudi alone ???????????????..........thats alot of those families without any sheikhs included.........

Ibn Uthaymin

Shiekh Salman al Oudah said "there is nothing in Islamic Law that prohibits a woman from driving, but in Islamic Law there is something called sadd al-dharâ’i` (preventing the means to evil or harm) It is up to the leadership of the Muslim state to enact laws that prevent the spread of injury, injustice, and vice."

Memri Tv is owned by a Israeli who was in the army. They choose a anti- Islamic stance and present it to the West, news channels like Fox regularly promote their videos.

Ibn Uthaymin

Well thats his opinion,

Question:

Sh Al-Albaanee:

Bro changing the question totally lol, but do you know where the blessed Sheikh rahemahullah past away ?

islam_best

Assalaamalaikum warahmatullahi wabarakathu,

I really dont want to driveee......As you might be knowing i live in Kuwait.Many girls here drive, but even though some of them wear the full niqab, men follow them, or try to tease them or show their mobile phones, ie, asking thier no.s and so on.Even ladies are troubled no matter how old they are!!!! This is why i think prevention is better especially in a worl like this..and Allahualam.

May Allah grants us all Jannatulfirdous and save us all for the hell-fire.Ameen Ya Mujeeb.Ameen Ya Rahmaan.Ameen Ya Rabbulala'meen.Ameen.

Wassalaamalaikum warahmatullahi wabarakathuu.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Bro changing the question totally lol, but do you know where the blessed Sheikh rahemahullah past away ?

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Shaykh Muhammad Nassir ud-deen Al-Albani (rahimahullah) died in Amman, Jordan. His family is still here, his daughters are incharge of his books, including ones yet to be published.

His da'wah has had a big effect here, most the shops sell his books, many people have started to practice Islam again, and so many women wear the hijab. The masjids full once more with many young brothers and sisters.

May Allah aid Islaam and give us the blessing of knowledge of the deen, amin

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalaamalaikum warahmatullahi wabarakathu,

I really dont want to driveee......As you might be knowing i live in Kuwait.Many girls here drive, but even though some of them wear the full niqab, men follow them, or try to tease them or show their mobile phones, ie, asking thier no.s and so on.Even ladies are troubled no matter how old they are!!!! This is why i think prevention is better especially in a worl like this..and Allahualam.

May Allah grants us all Jannatulfirdous and save us all for the hell-fire.Ameen Ya Mujeeb.Ameen Ya Rahmaan.Ameen Ya Rabbulala'meen.Ameen.

Wassalaamalaikum warahmatullahi wabarakathuu.

Wa alaykum Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

"This is why i think prevention is better especially in a worl like this.."

Well, in a country like that, perhaps, but I would not say "world", as those things do not happen else where.

The problem is the men. If women were not driving, those men would find some other way to annoy women.

The problem that needs to be challenged are the people misbehaving, and that requires education, and it requires people to understand Islam. It requires substantial investment in changing the way the people in such a culture behave.

The problem is not simply to do with cars, men behave badly in Shopping malls, -- so now they have to end up building seperate malls for men and for women..

Both men and women have responsibility to adhere to Islam. This has to come about from true Iman, to obey Allah and his Messenger (salallahu alayhi wa salam). - Whilst, it is true that we do need laws and we do need to enforce them, simply forcing people to do certain things is not productive, it is counter-productive.

Anyway, for Saudi Arabia perhaps it is better, and I would not like for them to change the law there. This is simply due to how the people behave and act, there, both the men and women.

Ibn Uthaymin

Shaykh Muhammad Nassir ud-deen Al-Albani (rahimahullah) died in Amman, Jordan. His family is still here, his daughters are incharge of his books, including ones yet to be published.

His da'wah has had a big effect here, most the shops sell his books, many people have started to practice Islam again, and so many women wear the hijab. The masjids full once more with many young brothers and sisters.

May Allah aid Islaam and give us the blessing of knowledge of the deen, amin

Alhamdulillah. That is great news. My teacher said there were Salafi`s in Syria but were all kicked out, and most were with Sheikh Albani ( rahemahullah) and now Sufis are drowning Syria.

I really love him :) and deeply hate the Sufis who mock him and especially Shiekh Ibn Uthaymin (rahemahullah)

Walaykum assalam warahmatullah wa barakatuh Akhi and Thanks :)

ShyHijabi

So some feel that we should continue to ban women from driving as opposed to correcting the behavior of Muslim men? Does this seem utterly stupid to anyone else aside from me???

I say we ban men from driving and allow the women to traverse freely, sems it would handle the problem at the root, no? Afterall it is the MEN who are stalking women and it is the MEN who are trying to get her numbers. So then who should we restrict? I say the MEN! But banning women from driving is punishing and limiting women for the actions of men. How backwards and misogynistic.

The first command of modesty is for Muslim men and women to LOWER THEIR GAZE, not lock half the population up. I say we should ahve harsher punishments for hoodlums harrassing innocent women, let's hand out lashes to the boys and men who chase after innocent women and catcalling them. Hmmm me thinks the men will respond with silence on this one.

Idris16

^As salam Alaykum

I agree with you.
I have never heard boys lashed in KSA, I'm sure many boys in ksa should be lashed.
And the men shouldn't drive there at all if thats the case except in Makkah and Madinah

saif

Aalim or Jaahil?

Is he a scholar? His line of argumentation is the same as that jaahil, who wanted, that women should not be taught to read and write, because otherwise, they would write "love letters" to the neighboring boys. Maybe you don't believe me, but I assure you, "Deoband" is capable of producing such juhalaa' and from now on I know, that Saudi universities can produce that too.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Is he a scholar? His line of argumentation is the same as that jaahil, who wanted, that women should not be taught to read and write, because otherwise, they would write "love letters" to the neighboring boys. Maybe you don't believe me, but I assure you, "Deoband" is capable of producing such juhalaa' and from now on I know, that Saudi universities can produce that too.

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmtullah wa baaraktuhu

Mashallah dear brother for your wise thinking. That was good answer,and it explains many things!

May Allah reword you

wa allicum saalam wa raahmtullah wa baaraktuhu

Rashadi

first of all, this is saudi law and not islamic law. the daughters of royal famioy drive benz, lexus, etc but other women can't. some of them go to university in foreign countries, don't wear hijab but saudi women can't go outside alone. this is not islam but hypocricy. brother ahmed indian said that men chase them and this is a joke and silly. in other words, punish the rape victim and not the rapist. tyis is not islam and saudi arabia has a secular constitution and not islamic . i am not saying copy kafirs or follow tyeir way but stop mixing culture, tradition with islam.

Status
Not open for further replies.