sujood of forgetfullness??

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

hope you people are in the best of health and imaan.

can you please tell me what mistakes in salah makes it necessary for us to perform sajdah as shawa(sorry if the spellings are wrong).please mentions all possible mistakes from takbeer to tasleem.

jazakallah khair

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa `alaykkum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Shaykh Saalih ibn al `Uthaymeen has a book on this issue, it is straight forward and brief. I recommend you to read it inshaa'Allaah (it is attached below).

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

Attachments

• The Prostration of Forgetfulness.pdf
    189.3 KB · Views: 135

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

if any fard act is missed, you have to repeat that rakaat and then sajdah sahw. if any wajib act is missed by mistake, you have to do sajdah e sahw (not sajdah shawa :)).

so if you can memorise these acts, it will be easy for you to distinguish when to do the sajdah inshallah.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

if any fard act is missed, you have to repeat the salah. if any wajib act is missed by mistake, you have to do sajdah e sahw (not sajdah shawa :)).

so if you can memorise these acts, it will be easy for you to distinguish when to do the sajdah inshallah.

No if a pillar of the salaah is missed (unintentionally), then one should go back and do that pillar and then do Sajdah as Sahw, whereas if a waajibaat of the salaah is missed (unintentionally), then one should carry on doing the salaah and in the end do Sajdah as Sahw. As to how to do it (whether before the tasleem, or after the tasleem), then this is detailed in the book.

As to what are the pillars and waajibaat of the prayer, then they are as follows (taken from IslamQA):

The pillars of prayer, of which there are fourteen, as follows:

(i) Standing during obligatory prayers if one is able to do so

(ii) The opening takbeer (saying “Allaahu akbar”)

(iii) Reciting al-Faatihah

(iv) Rukoo’ (bowing), the least of which means bending so that the hands can touch the knees, but the most complete form means making the back level and the head parallel with it.

(v) Rising from bowing

(vi) Standing up straight

(vii) Sujood (prostration), the most perfect form of which is placing the forehead, nose, palms, knees and toes firmly on the ground, and the least of which is placing a part of each of these on the ground.

(viii) Rising from prostration

(ix) Sitting between the two prostrations. However one sits is good enough, but the Sunnah is to sit muftarishan, which means sitting on the left foot and holding the right foot upright with the toes pointing towards the qiblah.

(x) Being at ease in each of these physical pillars

(xi) The final tashahhud

(xii) Sitting to recite the final tashahhud and the two salaams

(xiii) The two salaams. This means saying twice, “al-salaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmat-Allaah (Peace be upon you and the mercy of Allaah).” In naafil prayers it is sufficient to say one salaam; the same also applies to the funeral prayer.

(xiv) Doing the pillars in the order mentioned here. If a person deliberately prostrates before bowing, for example, the prayer is invalidated; if he does that by mistake, he has to go back and bow, and then prostrate.

2 – The obligatory parts of prayer, of which there are eight, as follows:

(i) Takbeers other than the opening takbeer

(ii) Saying “Sami’a Allaahu liman hamidah (Allaah hears those who praise Him” – for the imam and for the one who is praying alone.

(iii) Saying “Rabbana wa laka’l-hamd (Our Lord, to You be praise)”

(iv) Saying “Subhaana rabbiy al-‘azeem (Glory be to my Lord Almighty)” once when bowing

(v) Saying “Subhaana rabbiy al-a’laa (Glory be to my Lord most High)” once when prostrating

(vi) Saying “Rabb ighfir li (Lord forgive me)” between the two prostrations

(vii) The first tashahhud

(viii) Sitting for the first tashahhud

duran

Brother thariq2005 has summarized it all..

in simple form

Prayer has pillars, if one of those pillars is missed, then you need to repeat that pillar, then do sujuud sahw at end of the prayer.

But if you miss actions in the prayer that aren't pillars of the prayer, such as the middle sitting (tashahud), then you can just do Sujuud Sahw, you don't need to repeat it.

please read the book the brother posted...its helpful, also when you get a time, look for the book of the prayer called "Sifatu Salaatu Nabi" (Description of the prayer of the prophet (pbuh).

peace

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

Shaykh Saalih ibn al `Uthaymeen has a book on this issue, it is straight forward and brief. I recommend you to read it inshaa'Allaah (it is attached below).

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

No if a pillar of the salaah is missed (unintentionally), then one should go back and do that pillar and then do Sajdah as Sahw, whereas if a waajibaat of the salaah is missed (unintentionally), then one should carry on doing the salaah and in the end do Sajdah as Sahw. As to how to do it (whether before the tasleem, or after the tasleem), then this is detailed in the book.

As to what are the pillars and waajibaat of the prayer, then they are as follows (taken from IslamQA):

jazakallah khair for the book and the info akhi.this was beneficial and cleared most of my confusion.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

if any fard act is missed, you have to repeat the salah. if any wajib act is missed by mistake, you have to do sajdah e sahw (not sajdah shawa :)).

jazakallah khair for the spellings Bhai.can you tell me how it is pronounced??Yes it's a bit of mess in my mind reight now.so i'll be reading that book again when i forget what is to be done and when.

Brother thariq2005 has summarized it all..

in simple form

Prayer has pillars, if one of those pillars is missed, then you need to repeat that pillar, then do sujuud sahw at end of the prayer.

But if you miss actions in the prayer that aren't pillars of the prayer, such as the middle sitting (tashahud), then you can just do Sujuud Sahw, you don't need to repeat it.

please read the book the brother posted...its helpful, also when you get a time, look for the book of the prayer called "Sifatu Salaatu Nabi" (Description of the prayer of the prophet (pbuh).

peace
jazakallah khair for the book.i'll try to read that too.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

sorry for the wrong info bro. by mistake i wrote to repeat the salah, actually i meant to repeat the rakaat. *this is what i learnt in hanafi school*.

i have corrected the error in the post. :)

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

jazakallah khair for the spellings Bhai.can you tell me how it is pronounced??Yes it's a bit of mess in my mind reight now.so i'll be reading that book again when i forget what is to be done and when.

jazakallah khair for the book.i'll try to read that too.

:wasalam:

barak Allah feeki. there was an error in my post now corrected. pls re-read again. or if you are following book given by the bro above, neglect my post as it might confuse you. :)

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalaamu `alaykkum sister, if there are any more confusions, please feel free to ask, and inshaa'Allaah someone will clarify. Try and master all the pillars and waajibaat (as in memorize them and put it at the back of your mind) and also master that little book. It is very simple and solves most of the problems people have in their salaah. WAllaahu a`lam

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:wasalam:

barak Allah feeki. there was an error in my post now corrected. pls re-read again. or if you are following book given by the bro above, neglect my post as it might confuse you. :)

Jazakallah khair akhi.i got it that way too.akhi thariq's booklet cleared it all.

Assalaamu `alaykkum sister, if there are any more confusions, please feel free to ask, and inshaa'Allaah someone will clarify. Try and master all the pillars and waajibaat (as in memorize them and put it at the back of your mind) and also master that little book. It is very simple and solves most of the problems people have in their salaah. WAllaahu a`lam

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

jazakallah khair for the help brother i appreciate that.yes i feel the need to memorise all that as i mixed the cases when i was praying last night.i came to know about saying “Rabb ighfir li" in sitting between the two prostrations recently and i keep forgetting about it.

i actually have another confusion.can somebody please revise how we perform the sajdha sahw.Is it two simple prostrations.What i've been practising is a very complicated way of performing sajda sahw.What's the correct way??

jazakallah khair.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
i actually have another confusion.can somebody please revise how we perform the sajdha sahw.Is it two simple prostrations.What i've been practising is a very complicated way of performing sajda sahw.What's the correct way??

jazakallah khair.

Wa `alaykkum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh. BarakAllaahu feek. Read the book, it clearly explains your confusion inshaa'Allaah. Let me know if you don't understand something in the book.

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Wa `alaykkum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh. BarakAllaahu feek. Read the book, it clearly explains your confusion inshaa'Allaah. Let me know if you don't understand something in the book.

Wassalaamu `alaykkum
Akhi i read the book,Jazakallah khair for providing it. i'm asking coz now i'm confused.from the hadiths in the book i understood that it was two simple prostrations,some done before the salutations some after depending on the mistake made. . .or may be i missed something.

let me tell you how it's taught and done here:

when a mistake is made recite upto "Ashadu Allah ilaha..." in tashahud till before sending salam and supplicating for the prophet:saw:salute on your right side.perform two prostrations and then start tashhahud till tasleem.OR if you forget and continued then complete your prayer,salute,perform two prostrations,tushhahud again and then taslim....

i want to know how true and authentic is the above????

Jazakallah khair.

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu. . .

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Akhi i read the book,Jazakallah khair for providing it. i'm asking coz now i'm confused.from the hadiths in the book i understood that it was two simple prostrations,some done before the salutations some after depending on the mistake made. . .or may be i missed something.

let me tell you how it's taught and done here:

when a mistake is made recite upto "Ashadu Allah ilaha..." in tashahud till before sending salam and supplicating for the prophet:saw:salute on your right side.perform two prostrations and then start tashhahud till tasleem.OR if you forget and continued then complete your prayer,salute,perform two prostrations,tushhahud again and then taslim....

i want to know how true and authentic is the above????

Jazakallah khair.

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu. . .

Basically if it you have to do the prostration of forgetfullness BEFORE the Tasleem, then all you do is when you sit for the final tashahud, recite the tashahud (including sending salawaat upon the Prophet :saw2:, making the du`aa about the seeking refuge in Allaah from the punishment of the fire, dajjaal etc, and any other du`aa you want to make) and then after you are done reciting, you do two prostrations (saying subhaana rabbiyyal a`laa in the prostrations and rabbighfirli in the sitting in between) and then you say the Tasleem... right and left and you are done

As for the prostration of forgetfullness AFTER the tasleem, then you do it just like the above, i.e. when you sit for the final tashhahud, recite it, recite all the du`aas you want to recite after it and then you do the tasleem to your right and then to your left and then you do two prostrations and then after the two prostrations say the tasleem again to the right and then the left and your done.

I hope that cleared it up for you. Let me know if there are any more confusions.

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

Basically if it you have to do the prostration of forgetfullness BEFORE the Tasleem, then all you do is when you sit for the final tashahud, recite the tashahud (including sending salawaat upon the Prophet :saw2:, making the du`aa about the seeking refuge in Allaah from the punishment of the fire, dajjaal etc, and any other du`aa you want to make) and then after you are done reciting, you do two prostrations (saying subhaana rabbiyyal a`laa in the prostrations and rabbighfirli in the sitting in between) and then you say the Tasleem... right and left and you are done

As for the prostration of forgetfullness AFTER the tasleem, then you do it just like the above, i.e. when you sit for the final tashhahud, recite it, recite all the du`aas you want to recite after it and then you do the tasleem to your right and then to your left and then you do two prostrations and then after the two prostrations say the tasleem again to the right and then the left and your done.

I hope that cleared it up for you. Let me know if there are any more confusions.

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

let me just confirm,sorry,asking over and over again..

the one after tasleem,i have to proceed in this manner...

tasleem>two prostrations>recite the tashahud,salawat,seek refuge,supplicate>tasleem again,

correct??

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
let me just confirm,sorry,asking over and over again..

the one after tasleem,i have to proceed in this manner...

tasleem>two prostrations>recite the tashahud,salawat,seek refuge,supplicate>tasleem again,

correct??

Sorry for not explaining myself properly... basically it goes in this manner

Recite Tashahud> Salawaat> Seeking refuge> Supplications you want to recite> Tasleem to the right and left> two prostrations> Tasleem to the right and left againt

The correct view is to NOT recite tashahud after the prostration of forgetfullness [Below is part of a fatwa from IslamQA regarding Tashahhud after Sajdah as Sahw]

Shaykh Ibn Qudaamah said:

“Ibn Seereen and Ibn al-Mundhir said (concerning sujood al-sahw): there is tasleem [saying salaam] in them but there is no tashahhud.

Ibn al-Mundhir said: the tasleem [in sujood al-sahw] is proven from more than one isnaad, but there is some dispute concerning the tashahhud.”

(al-Mughni, 2/431, 432)

According to al-Nawawi, among the things we learn from the hadeeth of Dhoo’l-Yadayn are:

That sujood al-Sahw was done at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

That it consists of two prostrations, and that one should say Takbeer (“Allaahu akbar”) for each prostration. They are like the prostrations of prayer, because they are called sujood, and if they had been different, he would have explained that. One should say salaam after doing sujood al-sahw, but there is no tashahhud, and if one has to do sujood al-sahw because of doing something extra in the prayer, this should be done after the salaam.

(Sharh Muslim, 5/71).

wAllaahu a`lam

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Sorry for not explaining myself properly... basically it goes in this manner

Recite Tashahud> Salawaat> Seeking refuge> Supplications you want to recite> Tasleem to the right and left> two prostrations> Tasleem to the right and left againt

The correct view is to NOT recite tashahud after the prostration of forgetfullness [Below is part of a fatwa from IslamQA regarding Tashahhud after Sajdah as Sahw]

wAllaahu a`lam

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

Jazakallah khair.That much is clear now.So it's two simple prostrations before or after the salutation depending on the mistake..

i want to know if we have to perform sajdha sahw if we miss seeking refuge after tashahud.i usually forget.and jump straight from salawat to other supplications.

Also we have to say rabi aghfirli between two protrations of forgetfulness,right??(says so in your previous post)

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Jazakallah khair.That much is clear now.So it's two simple prostrations before or after the salutation depending on the mistake..

i want to know if we have to perform sajdha sahw if we miss seeking refuge after tashahud.i usually forget.and jump straight from salawat to other supplications.

Also we have to say rabi aghfirli between two protrations of forgetfulness,right??(says so in your previous post)

Wa iyyaaki. As for seeking refuge in Allaah from the punishment of grave, jahannam, fitnah of dajjaal etc, after the tashahud, then it is mustahabb (preferred) to recite them and not an obligation or pillar. Thus it will be (mustahabb) preferred to do Sajdah As Sahw if you forget to seek refuge in Allaah (as long as you are in the habit of reciting that du`aa all the time). However I do advise you to not leave out the reciting of this very beneficial du`aa, as the majority of scholars recommend it and even the dhariyyah madhab go to the extent of saying that it is waajib to recite this du`aa (due to the fact that the Prophet :saw2: always recited it).

As for "rabbigh firlee", then because the ruling you take is that it is waajib thus you need to do sajdah as Sahw for leaving it out, or else your salaah will be rendered invalid for not doing Sajdah as Sahw (intentionally). As you can see, the difference between the above and this is that if you leave out the Sajdah as Sahw for forgetting the 'seeking refuge' du`aa, then your Salaah is still valid (because reciting the 'seeking refuge' du`aa after tashahud is mustahabb), and leaving out the Sajdah as Sahw (intentionally) for forgetting "rabbigh firlee" makes your salaah invalid (because you take the ruling that saying rabbigh firlee is waajib)

wAllaahu a`lam, I think I have typed in a really messy way. Please let me know if I have not explained myself properly

BarakAllaahu feeki
Wassalaaamu `alaykkum

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

i honestly feel so silly asking over and over again but i was asking about sujdaha sahw.not common prayer sujood.do we have to say rabi aghfirli between saujda sahw???or let's say any other sujoods e.g the prostrations we make during recitations of Quran.

and for the rest jazakallah khairan kaseera.i think that's it inshaa'Allah.All cleared and explained for now.it's well explained i understood it Alhumdulillah.

May Allah give you a high place in jannah for your help.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
i honestly feel so silly asking over and over again but i was asking about sujdaha sahw.not common prayer sujood.do we have to say rabi aghfirli between saujda sahw???or let's say any other sujoods e.g the prostrations we make during recitations of Quran.

and for the rest jazakallah khairan kaseera.i think that's it inshaa'Allah.All cleared and explained for now.it's well explained i understood it Alhumdulillah.

May Allah give you a high place in jannah for your help.

Aameen

Sorry, I misunderstood again. Yes you say rabbigh firlee between the two sajdahs in Sajdah as Sahw. As for the prostrations made during recitation of the Qur'aan, then this consists of only one sajdah and not two. So when you come across an ayah of sajdah, you do one sajdah, say "Subhana rabbiyal a`laa" (or any other extra du`aas you generally recite in prostrations) and thats all.

I apologize for not understanding your questions properly.

Jazakillaahu khairaa
Wassalaamu `alaykkum