sujood of forgetfullness??

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Wa `alaykkum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Aameen

Sorry, I misunderstood again. Yes you say rabbigh firlee between the two sajdahs in Sajdah as Sahw. As for the prostrations made during recitation of the Qur'aan, then this consists of only one sajdah and not two. So when you come across an ayah of sajdah, you do one sajdah, say "Subhana rabbiyal a`laa" (or any other extra du`aas you generally recite in prostrations) and thats all.

I apologize for not understanding your questions properly.

Jazakillaahu khairaa
Wassalaamu `alaykkum

Finally.Inshallah that was it about sujood.

yes i know it's one protration but i wanted to confirm saying rabi aghfirli after it.so it's confirmed.Alhumdulillah.

barakallah fik.
:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

P.S is it jazakallaahu khairaa or jazakillaahu...

:jazaak:in advance

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Finally.Inshallah that was it about sujood.

yes i know it's one protration but i wanted to confirm saying rabi aghfirli after it.so it's confirmed.Alhumdulillah.

barakallah fik.
:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

P.S is it jazakallaahu khairaa or jazakillaahu...

:jazaak:in advance

JazakAllaahu khairaa if you are saying it to a brother and JazakIllaahu khairaa if you are saying it to a sister, wAllaahu a`lam

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Focus is important in Solat!

:bismillah:
:salam2:

:ma:
Alhamdulillah!

I see many has attend to you sister~Alhamdulillah!
~May Allah swt reward them~Amin!

Focus is very important in Solat!
Do not break the Focus!
Avoid mind wanders while during solat !

~May Allah swt help and guide us all~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu. . .

jazakallah khair sister Queen islam.i try to focus.but i came to know about some practices recently and i forget easily=)

there are two more Question:

firstly,what should one do when he/she forgets to say rabi aghfirli in the prostration of forgetfulness.i've finally gotten used to saying this in salah(Alhumdulillah)with lil chances of forgetting it Inshaa'Allah,but it happened once of twice that i would forget saying rabi aghfirli in sujda sahw when i was performing it for the exact same error that occured during salah.

Jazakallah khair.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

Well, from the start I thought I would make things easy and help you stick to the fatwa from IslamQA, but since you are facing the problem which I did not want you to face, I suppose I will have to go a bit more deeper into the topic.

The Hanaabilah (hanbali madhhab) were of the view that it is waajib to say "rabbigh firlee", "subhaana rabbiyal a`laa (in sujood)" and "subhaana rabbiyal `adheem (bowing)" once in their respective positions, whereas the other 3 madhhaahib (the hanafiyyah, shafi`iyyah and the maalikiyyah) are of the view that they are sunnah. And this is due to the reason that the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: did not command the people to say this du`aa (rabbigh firlee).

So thus the correct view is that it is mustahabb to say "rabbigh firlee", however what is apparent from the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: is that he never left out these du`aas, so it is advised for us to never leave it out, and Allaah knows best. But to say it is waajib, might be a bit far off.

So if you do miss out saying "rabbigh firlee" occasionally, then you have a choice to do the prostrations of forgetfullness. If you forget it too much, then that is perhaps due to lack of concentration or waswasah.

I am sorry to say two contradicting statements, I just thought I will make it easy and just give you the fataawa from IslamQA.

I hope I have not confused you again.

BarakAllaahu feeki
Wassalaamu `alaykkum

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

Well, from the start I thought I would make things easy and help you stick to the fatwa from IslamQA, but since you are facing the problem which I did not want you to face, I suppose I will have to go a bit more deeper into the topic.

The Hanaabilah (hanbali madhhab) were of the view that it is waajib to say "rabbigh firlee", "subhaana rabbiyal a`laa (in sujood)" and "subhaana rabbiyal `adheem (bowing)" once in their respective positions, whereas the other 3 madhhaahib (the hanafiyyah, shafi`iyyah and the maalikiyyah) are of the view that they are sunnah. And this is due to the reason that the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: did not command the people to say this du`aa (rabbigh firlee).

So thus the correct view is that it is mustahabb to say "rabbigh firlee", however what is apparent from the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: is that he never left out these du`aas, so it is advised for us to never leave it out, and Allaah knows best. But to say it is waajib, might be a bit far off.

So if you do miss out saying "rabbigh firlee" occasionally, then you have a choice to do the prostrations of forgetfullness. If you forget it too much, then that is perhaps due to lack of concentration or waswasah.

I am sorry to say two contradicting statements, I just thought I will make it easy and just give you the fataawa from IslamQA.

I hope I have not confused you again.

BarakAllaahu feeki
Wassalaamu `alaykkum

Jazakallah khair for the detailed answer.Inshaa'Allah it's clear and explains why we here were ignorant of it if it was waajib.since it's not waajib in the madhab of imaam abu haneefa,so i guess it explains why it is new to me.

It's good that you told me now and not before,because i now have gotten used to it and the chances of forgetting it are minimized Alhumdulillah.I may have been tempted to leave this sunnah,had i known, since i had to struggle to keep up with it.so Jazakallah khair.

My next Question is:

according to that booklet when one misses a pillar due to forgetfullness he:

If it is something other than the initial Takbeer, then if it is left deliberately, his prayer is nullified. If however, hel eaves it due to forgetfulness, then if he goes on and reaches its place in the next rak’ah, then he discards the rak’ah which he forgot it in, and the following one takes its place. If he has not reached its place in the next rak’ah, then it is obligatory upon him to return to the missed pillar and to perform it and whatever comes after it.In either of these two cases it will be obligatory upon him to perform prostration for forgetfulness after the salutation.
An example (of this) is the case of a person who forgets the second prostration in the first rak’ah, but remembers this whilst sitting between the two prostrations in the second rak’ah. So he should discard the first rak’ah and the second one will take itsplace, so he counts that as his first rak’ah and completes his prayer based upon that. Then he should give the salutation, prostrate for forgetfulness, and then give salutation.A further example (is that of) a person who forgets the second prostration and the sitting before it in the first rak’ah. But he remembers this after standing straight from the rukoo in the second rak’ah. He should go back to sit and to prostrate, and then complete his prayer from there on. Then he should give the salutation, prostrate for forgetfulness, and finally give salutation.

so when if for example i forget rabi aghfirli and remember it in the next rakah so i have to discard the first and consider the second the first.does that mean i don't have to do the first tashahud in that rakah,right??

Jazakallah khair for your patience!

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

so when if for example i forget rabi aghfirli and remember it in the next rakah so i have to discard the first and consider the second the first.does that mean i don't have to do the first tashahud in that rakah,right??

Jazakallah khair for your patience!

No, that bit from the book only applies to "Pillars" and rabbigh firlee is from the waajibaat (the shaykh mentions what to do if you omit an action from the waajibat, which in this case means, you just carry on with your salaah) according to the madhhab of Imaam Ahmed. Please try and memorize what are the pillars and waajibaat, it will solve most of your problems inshaa'Allaah and give you a very good understanding inshaa'Allaah (Below are the pillars and waajibaat [according to the hanbalis] taken from IslamQA)

The pillars of prayer, of which there are fourteen, as follows:

(i) Standing during obligatory prayers if one is able to do so

(ii) The opening takbeer (saying “Allaahu akbar”)

(iii) Reciting al-Faatihah

(iv) Rukoo’ (bowing), the least of which means bending so that the hands can touch the knees, but the most complete form means making the back level and the head parallel with it.

(v) Rising from bowing

(vi) Standing up straight

(vii) Sujood (prostration), the most perfect form of which is placing the forehead, nose, palms, knees and toes firmly on the ground, and the least of which is placing a part of each of these on the ground.

(viii) Rising from prostration

(ix) Sitting between the two prostrations. However one sits is good enough, but the Sunnah is to sit muftarishan, which means sitting on the left foot and holding the right foot upright with the toes pointing towards the qiblah.

(x) Being at ease in each of these physical pillars

(xi) The final tashahhud

(xii) Sitting to recite the final tashahhud and the two salaams

(xiii) The two salaams. This means saying twice, “al-salaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmat-Allaah (Peace be upon you and the mercy of Allaah).” In naafil prayers it is sufficient to say one salaam; the same also applies to the funeral prayer.

(xiv) Doing the pillars in the order mentioned here. If a person deliberately prostrates before bowing, for example, the prayer is invalidated; if he does that by mistake, he has to go back and bow, and then prostrate.

2 – The obligatory parts of prayer, of which there are eight, as follows:

(i) Takbeers other than the opening takbeer

(ii) Saying “Sami’a Allaahu liman hamidah (Allaah hears those who praise Him” – for the imam and for the one who is praying alone.

(iii) Saying “Rabbana wa laka’l-hamd (Our Lord, to You be praise)”

(iv) Saying “Subhaana rabbiy al-‘azeem (Glory be to my Lord Almighty)” once when bowing

(v) Saying “Subhaana rabbiy al-a’laa (Glory be to my Lord most High)” once when prostrating

(vi) Saying “Rabb ighfir li (Lord forgive me)” between the two prostrations

(vii) The first tashahhud

(viii) Sitting for the first tashahhud

I would also like to add, please don't hesitate asking more questions, inshaa'Allaah this is perhaps a good opportunity for me to get a lot of reward, so keep the questions coming if you don't understand, Jazakillaah khairaa

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

Friend2100

Shaykh Saalih ibn al `Uthaymeen has a book on this issue, it is straight forward and brief. I recommend you to read it inshaa'Allaah (it is attached below).

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

JAZAKALLAH KHAIRAN

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

No, that bit from the book only applies to "Pillars" and rabbigh firlee is from the waajibaat (the shaykh mentions what to do if you omit an action from the waajibat, which in this case means, you just carry on with your salaah) according to the madhhab of Imaam Ahmed. Please try and memorize what are the pillars and waajibaat, it will solve most of your problems inshaa'Allaah and give you a very good understanding inshaa'Allaah (Below are the pillars and waajibaat [according to the hanbalis] taken from IslamQA)

I would also like to add, please don't hesitate asking more questions, inshaa'Allaah this is perhaps a good opportunity for me to get a lot of reward, so keep the questions coming if you don't understand, Jazakillaah khairaa

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

i was suppose to add a pillar as an example.anyways i got my answer after reading the book carefully again.
Jazakallah khair,i tried to think of every kind of mistakes that one may perform in salah and Inshaa'Allah i hope to clear my confusions here.

What should one do when a person remembers in rukhoo(or later) that he has not recited duaa Qunoot in witr??

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

i was suppose to add a pillar as an example.anyways i got my answer after reading the book carefully again.
Jazakallah khair,i tried to think of every kind of mistakes that one may perform in salah and Inshaa'Allah i hope to clear my confusions here.

What should one do when a person remembers in rukhoo(or later) that he has not recited duaa Qunoot in witr??

Wa `alaykkum salaam wa rahmatullaah

Wa iyyaaki

You just carry on doing the salaah. Remember if it is something Waajib or sunnah that you skip, and you go onto the next pillar. For example: You miss the first Tashahhud in a 4 rak`ah or 3 rak`ah salaah (The First Tashahhud is waajib), and you stand up for the 3rd rak`ah and you realize that you missed the first tashahhud. Then you carry on praying the salaah and it is haraam for you to go back and sit in the tashahhud (This applies if you have completely stood up)

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Wa `alaykkum salaam wa rahmatullaah

Wa iyyaaki

You just carry on doing the salaah. Remember if it is something Waajib or sunnah that you skip, and you go onto the next pillar. For example: You miss the first Tashahhud in a 4 rak`ah or 3 rak`ah salaah (The First Tashahhud is waajib), and you stand up for the 3rd rak`ah and you realize that you missed the first tashahhud. Then you carry on praying the salaah and it is haraam for you to go back and sit in the tashahhud (This applies if you have completely stood up)

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

and the same applies for the conditions such as

A)missing opening supplication

B)missing,getting confused or forgetting in the recitation.

C)If recitating Bismillah in the begining of the prayers,before the recitation or in between the recitations(incase more then one surah is recitated)is missed.

D)salawat,seeking refuge,supplication(anyone) is missed or is recited in the wrong order.for example:salawat,supplications,seeking refuge etc.

E)this used to happen when i was younger,as a habit i used to say Alhumdulillah even during salah when i used to sneeze.this wasn't deliberate.just a habit.I seenzed last night and was reminded of this Question.so..

F)when i first memorised the duas recited after adhan,i would mistakenly recite it in the supplications before salam(since they all start with the word Allahuma rabbanna).

so all these six cases including the missing qunoot are to be ignored.Also isn't witr the prayer in which duaa Qunoot is recited??so is witr without Qunoot(if missed accidently)valid??

Also the book says" the persons prayer is nullified" or "there is no prayer for him" here and there.does that mean the one for whom this applies has to pray again?

Eight questions in all i think!!

Jazakallah khair.

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu. . .

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

Sorry sister, I don't properly understand your question. If you mean that: If you miss the following then do you just carry on with the salaah? The answer varies. [Remember if you miss something waajib, and you have gone to the next pillar, then you just carry on with the prayer and do Sajdah Sahw before the Tasleem]

and the same applies for the conditions such as

A)missing opening supplication

B)missing,getting confused or forgetting in the recitation.

C)If recitating Bismillah in the begining of the prayers,before the recitation or in between the recitations(incase more then one surah is recitated)is missed.

D)salawat,seeking refuge,supplication(anyone) is missed or is recited in the wrong order.for example:salawat,supplications,seeking refuge etc.

E)this used to happen when i was younger,as a habit i used to say Alhumdulillah even during salah when i used to sneeze.this wasn't deliberate.just a habit.I seenzed last night and was reminded of this Question.so..

F)when i first memorised the duas recited after adhan,i would mistakenly recite it in the supplications before salam(since they all start with the word Allahuma rabbanna).

so all these six cases including the missing qunoot are to be ignored.Also isn't witr the prayer in which duaa Qunoot is recited??so is witr without Qunoot(if missed accidently)valid??

Also the book says" the persons prayer is nullified" or "there is no prayer for him" here and there.does that mean the one for whom this applies has to pray again?

Eight questions in all i think!!

Jazakallah khair.

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu. . .

A) The opening supplication is sunnah. If you forgot to recite it, and started Soorah Fatihah (since Soorah Fatihah is a pillar), then you just carry on with your salaah. If you haven't started Soorah Fatihah, then it is permissible to go back and recite the opening du`aa.

B) If you mean missing, getting confused or forgetting in the recitation of Soorah Al Fatihah, then you have to go back and recite the Soorah correctly. This is due to the fact that Soorah al Fatihah is a pillar and it should be given great importance.

But if it is in the recitation of any other soorah (that you recite after fatihah), then the answer varies again. If you miss an ayah due to forgetfullness (ofcouse you wont be missing an ayah purposely), and you realize that you forgot (or made a mistake in an ayah) an ayah later on during the recitation (but you haven't gone into rukoo` yet) then it is mustahabb for you to go and correct yourself. But if it is a mistake in recitation that is a major mistake, then you have to make sure you go back and correct yourself. [Just to give you an example: I remember once in Fajar salaah on a friday, a brother led the salaah in the masjid. He was reciting Soorah Al Insaan and in one of the ayahs he recited it as "Wa jazaahum bima kafaroo (instead of Sabaroo) jannatan wa hareeraa" (And their recompense shall be Paradise, and silken garments, because they used to do Kufr). Obviously the ayah is meant to end as "They used to be patient"]

With regards to getting confused, then this is usually due to waswasah or lack of concentration (mostly due to waswasah) and the solution for that lies in the words of the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: ‘Uthmaan ibn Abi'l-‘Aas said: “The Shaytaan was interfering with my prayer and recitation of Qur’aan. He [the Prophet :saw2: ] said: ‘That is a devil called Khanzab, so seek refuge with Allaah from him and spit drily to your left three times.’ I did that, and Allaah took him away from me.” [Narrated by Muslim, 2203]

C) Reciting the basmalah at any part of the Qiyaam (standing) is Mustahabb and not waajib, so if you do forget to recite it, then you can carry on with your salaah

D) What seems to be apparent from the texts and the words of the scholars is that it is better for the supplication of seeking refuge from dajjaal etc to be recited after the Salawaat.

As for missing the salawaat [The scholars have differed as to whether the salawaat is waajib or mustahabb, and both sides have evidences. It is always better to be on the safe side and always make sure to recite it]. If you do miss the salawaat and remember before the Tasleem, then it is better you go back and recite the salawaat. But if you remember after the Tasleem, then inshaa'Allaah it is fine, you do not have to do anything. (Since the salawaat is mustahabb and not a pillar nor is it waajib. Let me know if you want me to give you the evidences for this...)

E) What is actually prescribed, is to say Alhamdulillaah if you sneeze (and to say it loud enough that you can hear it, as reported by Imaam Ahmad). This was the view of the majority of scholars among the Sahaabah and Taabi’een, and it was also the view of Imam Maalik, al-Shaafa’i and Ahmad. It is also the view of many of our contemperory scholars; which include Al-Lajnah ad-Daa'imah.

This was based on many evidences; which includes the generality of the texts regarding saying "Alhamdulillaah" and other specific reports. As for the narration in Muslim where the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: rebuked the person who said "YarhamakAllaah" when he heard the person who sneezed (and said Alhamdulillaah), then this further only proves that it is prescribed to say "Alhamdulillaah". Because the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: only rebuked the sahaabi who said YarhamkAllaah and not the sahaabi who sneezed and said "Alhamdulillaah".

F) As mentioned before, perhaps this is due to Waswasah (or maybe lack of concentration). Inshaa'Allaah it will be good if you can work on "not" reciting it. But if you do recite it, then it does not invalidate your prayer or anything.

G) With regards to reciting Qunoot, then it is sunnah to recite it sometimes and not to recite it sometimes as Ibn `Uthaymeen rahimahullaah mentioned. Reason being, in the hadeeth narrated by Ahmad, Abu Dawood, Ibn Maajah and others on the authority of Al-Hasan ibn `Ali who said: The Messenger of Allaah :saw2: taught me some words to say in qunoot al-witr:

“Allaahumma ihdini feeman hadayta wa ‘aafini feeman ‘aafayta wa tawallani feeman tawallayta wa baarik li feema a’tayta, wa qini sharra ma qadayta , fa innaka taqdi wa la yuqda ‘alayk, wa innahu laa yadhillu man waalayta tabaarakta Rabbana wa ta’aalayta la manja minka illa ilayk"

The addition in the hadeeth "in Qunoot al Witr (فِي قُنُوتِ الْوِتْرِ) is shaadh (rare/odd), and the correct opinion is that it was `Umar radiAllaahu anhu who used to recite Qunoot all the time in Witr.

H) Yes it means your prayer is invalid and thus this person will have to repeat the prayer again.

And Allaah knows best

Wassalaamu `alaikkum

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

I hope to get some of the remaining questions answered:

Wa `alaykkum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu

B) If you mean missing, getting confused or forgetting in the recitation of Soorah Al Fatihah, then you have to go back and recite the Soorah correctly. This is due to the fact that Soorah al Fatihah is a pillar and it should be given great importance.
And since it's a pillar, I have to perform sajdah sahw?

‘Uthmaan ibn Abi'l-‘Aas said: “The Shaytaan was interfering with my prayer and recitation of Qur’aan. He [the Prophet :saw2: ] said: ‘That is a devil called Khanzab, so seek refuge with Allaah from him and spit drily to your left three times.’ I did that, and Allaah took him away from me.” [Narrated by Muslim, 2203]

I read similar hadeeth in sheikh Albani's book. I"m confused whether to spit drily "during" the prayers and than continue. For example If I'm reciting surah ya seen and due to similar ayah start reciting surah mulk and get confused. Do I stop spit and continue surah ya seen OR break the prayers, spit drily and than start the prayer afresh?

D) What seems to be apparent from the texts and the words of the scholars is that it is better for the supplication of seeking refuge from dajjaal etc to be recited after the Salawaat.

And in case I mistakenly don't?

As for missing the salawaat [The scholars have differed as to whether the salawaat is waajib or mustahabb, and both sides have evidences. It is always better to be on the safe side and always make sure to recite it]. If you do miss the salawaat and remember before the Tasleem, then it is better you go back and recite the salawaat. But if you remember after the Tasleem, then inshaa'Allaah it is fine, you do not have to do anything. (Since the salawaat is mustahabb and not a pillar nor is it waajib.
If we are to take it "wajib", that means sajdah sahw needs to be performed, correct?

Let me know if you want me to give you the evidences for this...)

Lastly, what is to be done when one makes a mistake in the prayers, but forgets to perform sajdah sahw and remembers it later in the next prayers or in another prayers time? For example, I make three prostrations or miss tashud or add a tashud in the four sunnah at Dhur time, then forget it and start fardh and remember it after I've perfromed fardh or during it? what if it's a completely new prayer i.e 'Asr prayer?

Jazakallah khair for your answers so far.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I asked a brother we all respect and this is the answer he gave me:

Prostration for distractedness (Sujood-us-Sahw) is an established practice (Sunna) of the Prophet (PBUH). Whenever he was reminded by people that he forgot to do something in it that is mandatory, he would make up what he missed, e.g. a rak`a (Bowing) then make two prostrations after the prayer. Several authentic Hadeeths teach that the making up can be done during the prayer or after ending it. If you choose to make the prostrations during the prayer, then you have to do them after the Tashahhud and before the Tasleem.

They are two prostrations, with a sit up between them. Each prostration is made as the normal prostration, but instead of saying “Sunhaana Rabbiy Al-`Azheem” (Sanctified is my Lord, the Grand) three times, you instead say once, “Subhaana man la yashoo wa la yanaam” (Sanctified is He who does not get distracted, nor sleeps). As usual, each movement is preceded by the words “Allaahu Akbar” (God is greater).

So, let’s take a few examples:

1. You prayed `Ishaa’ three rak`aat instead of four. In this case, you rise up, say “Allaahu Akbar”, pray a rak`a until you say the Tashahhud. Then, and before Tasleem, you make the two prostrations and then make the Tasleem.
2. You prayed `Ishaa’ five rak`aat instead of four. In this case, you rise up, say “Allaahu Akbar”, then immediately sit down, make the two prostrations of Sahw then say the Tasleem.
3. You forgot to make the first Tashahhud, or you made three prostrations instead of two, etc. This case is like the second case above. You only make the two prostrations of Sahw.

If you have done either of the above two cases, but remembered that during your prayer, i.e., have not yet made the Tasleem, then you may continue with the Tasleem and do like above, or you may do it before the Tasleem. Both methods have been narrated in authentic Hadeeths.

If you have questions PM me.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

MashaAllah, this is a very beneficial and useful thread. Sister Seeking Allah's Mercy's detailed questions and Brother Thariq's knowledgeable answers have covered a lot about Salaah over the course of the thread.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

Each salat I beg Allah to accept my worship. I strive to make a salat that is sincere and confident. I beg Allah to accept my salat.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

And since it's a pillar, I have to perform sajdah sahw?

If you miss it and you realize at a later stage (for example: next rak`ah), then you consider that rak`ah as your previous rak`ah (for example you missed al-Faatihah in 1st rak`ah but you remember it in 2nd rak`ah, then you count the 2nd rak`ah as your first rak`ah). At the end you do the Sajdah al-Sahw after the Tasleem (I hope you remember when to do it after and when to do it before).

But if you just mispronounced a letter or word and you went back right there and then and corrected it, its fine you do not have to make Sajdah al-Sahw.

I read similar hadeeth in sheikh Albani's book. I"m confused whether to spit drily "during" the prayers and than continue. For example If I'm reciting surah ya seen and due to similar ayah start reciting surah mulk and get confused. Do I stop spit and continue surah ya seen OR break the prayers, spit drily and than start the prayer afresh?

The spitting is specifically for "Waswaas" or if you can say: whisperings of Shaytaan. It does not apply to actually forgetting. If you make a mistake in your recitation and you realize your mistake at a later stage of your recitation, then as I mentioned before this needs further explanation and clarification:

Me said:
But if it is in the recitation of any other soorah (that you recite after fatihah), then the answer varies again. If you miss an ayah due to forgetfullness (ofcouse you wont be missing an ayah purposely), and you realize that you forgot (or made a mistake in an ayah) an ayah later on during the recitation (but you haven't gone into rukoo` yet) then it is mustahabb for you to go and correct yourself. But if it is a mistake in recitation that is a major mistake, then you have to make sure you go back and correct yourself. [Just to give you an example: I remember once in Fajar salaah on a friday, a brother led the salaah in the masjid. He was reciting Soorah Al Insaan and in one of the ayahs he recited it as "Wa jazaahum bima kafaroo (instead of Sabaroo) jannatan wa hareeraa" (And their recompense shall be Paradise, and silken garments, because they used to do Kufr). Obviously the ayah is meant to end as "They used to be patient"]

But say, you do have waswaas (for example you have thoughts in your prayer about your exams or something other than your salaah), then while your in Salaah- you spit dryly and you do not break your salaah... I hope I did not confuse there? Many times, due to waswaas people make mistakes in their recitation- at this point one can spit dryly as well.

NOTE: There is no breaking prayer required from you in this situation.

And in case I mistakenly don't?

Go back and recite the salawaat and then recite the du`aas that are meant to be recited after.

If we are to take it "wajib", that means sajdah sahw needs to be performed, correct?

Yes. If you remember, we do Sujood al-Sahw before the Tasleem for missing the Waajibaat.

Lastly, what is to be done when one makes a mistake in the prayers, but forgets to perform sajdah sahw and remembers it later in the next prayers or in another prayers time? For example, I make three prostrations or miss tashud or add a tashud in the four sunnah at Dhur time, then forget it and start fardh and remember it after I've perfromed fardh or during it? what if it's a completely new prayer i.e 'Asr prayer?

Jazakallah khair for your answers so far.

If you missed a pillar and made up for it, but forgot to perform Sujood al-Sahw and you remember after a short while after salaah- then you do the Sujood al-Sahw. But if you remember after a long time, then your salaah is valid.

This is as Ibn al-`Uthaymeen mentioned:

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked about a man who forgot the first tashahhud, and he knew that he had to do the prostration of forgetfulness before the salaam, but he forgot and said the salaam. What is the ruling?

He replied: If he remembers within a short time, he should do the prostration, but if a long time has passed, then it is waived, such as if he did not remember until after a long time, if he had left the mosque then he does not have to go back to the mosque, and it is waived in his case.

Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (14/50).

But obviously if you remember that you missed a pillar after a short while, then you make up for it and complete your prayer. If you remember after a long time, like half hour or so- then in this case you consider your prayer invalid and pray your Salaah again. This was mentioned by the Noble Scholar- Ibn Jibreen.

Wassalaamu `alaykum

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalaam walaikum,

I asked a brother we all respect and this is the answer he gave me:

Prostration for distractedness (Sujood-us-Sahw) is an established practice (Sunna) of the Prophet (PBUH). Whenever he was reminded by people that he forgot to do something in it that is mandatory, he would make up what he missed, e.g. a rak`a (Bowing) then make two prostrations after the prayer. Several authentic Hadeeths teach that the making up can be done during the prayer or after ending it. If you choose to make the prostrations during the prayer, then you have to do them after the Tashahhud and before the Tasleem.

They are two prostrations, with a sit up between them. Each prostration is made as the normal prostration, but instead of saying “Sunhaana Rabbiy Al-`Azheem” (Sanctified is my Lord, the Grand) three times, you instead say once, “Subhaana man la yashoo wa la yanaam” (Sanctified is He who does not get distracted, nor sleeps). As usual, each movement is preceded by the words “Allaahu Akbar” (God is greater).

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

BaarakAllaahu feek for the answer.

Firstly, in prostration... one recites: Subhaana Rabbiyal A`laa

Secondly, the wording "Subhaana man la yashoo walaa yanaam" is not authentic on the prophet :saw2: nor the Sahaabah- as the scholars mention. If there are scholars who authenticate it and act upon it, etc. then please kindly reference that- for educational purposes.

BaarakAllaahu feek

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
ابومريم said:
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...السلام عليكم من أخطأ في صلاته أنه زاد شيء أن يسجد بعد السلام و ان نقص ان يسجد قبل السلام وكل على مدهبه ..Hello from a mistake in his prayer that something more to prostrate after the peace, and that the lack of peace and all prostrate before the Mayorbh

أي مذهب؟ هي رواية عن مالك و لاكن ليس مشهور في مذهبه, و الله أعلم