Are we preparing for Hoors of Jannah?

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Sobhanallah!

Now even *Jannah* is not *good enough* for man!...ao'otho billah min ghadhabi Allah!

Sadaqa Allah when He (sobhanaho wa ta'ala) said about man...

"He was indeed unjust and foolish" [Al-Ahzaab 33:72]

Nobody can ever bar a Muslim from expressing his concerns about an issue in his/her deen..or asks a question about a topic therein...but towards Allah we have *aadaab* that we *must* follow and act upon!...do not let your tongue drag you across *transgression!*...so when you wish to *express* something..you owe it to *yourself* to think of *the best* way through which you may word it!

As for the argument raising due to the topic at hand..I must say that..I find it quite selfish..weak...and ignorant that a woman gets *jealous* of a hooriya in paradise..

First of all...and I am talking to *every woman* with that sort of thinking here...to *your father* Adam...*angels*...of all statuses were *commanded* by Allah to *prostrate!!!*...as to show *your honor* amongst *all of* creation!!!...then He (sobhanaho wa ta'ala) increased *your honor* when He further trusted *you* with His deen..His commands..and His worship!!!..when He (sobhanaho wa ta'ala) has countless angels doing nothing *but* praise and adore His Mighty Name and Lordship!!!...so is your *self* that worthless to you as to get jealous of *hooris* who have not prostrated..made remembrance..or cried a single tear out of *love* and *fear* towards Allah..and had never suffered the tests of this dunya?!!!...is your self *that* worthless to you so you'd get jealous and act all mortified???!!!!

second of all...wipe yourself *dry* of the overconfidence you have *showered* your mind with...if you're engaged..or married..what makes *you* so sure that your *dearly beloved fiance or husband* has been *guaranteed* a hooriya in Jannah...*nonetheless*...a *place* there?!!!..have you not heard of the man who did the works of the people of Jannah all of his life and when he stood before Allah..He (sobhanaho wa ta'ala) revealed to him his true intentions behind committing these works and asked that he be dragged to hell?!!!...so what makes you think that your husband (or even *you* for that matter!) will enter Jannah?!!!

third of all...when will women understand that Jannah is something..and this dunya is something *else?!*...when will they keep mixing the realities of the two?..when will they refrain from letting their emotions interfere with their comprehension of the afterlife?!..and when will women stop worrying about them being 2nd..3rd..4th or 100000th wives of a man in Jannah...and just worry about doing that which will get them a *tree's shade* spot in one..not even a *house* or *palace* there..but a *tree's shade* worth of a spot?!!!

As for the men who act like they have their marriage certificates to hooris stashed somewhere in their homes *already*...all I have to say is...

May Allah help you with that *nafs* of yours...

You have allowed it to blind you from *the true* purpose of Jannah..and the true *intention* of getting there...one of you would lower his gaze once or twice..and he practically jumps with joy inside thinking that that's it...he'd been granted a *wide-eyed hooriya* all his own...and she's in Jannah just *yearning* for him to join her..so he'll just grab the closest laz-boy..fold one leg over the other..and rock back and forth with *self-assurance*...fear Allah!...and love Him..love Him before you love the hooris..and take Jannah for the abode that will bring you close to Him (sobhanaho wa ta'ala)...not the abode of 2 or 3 Hooris some of you daydream about day-in..day-out!

Finally...I would like to say to all..that Allah has said in the Qura'an...

"And I (Allah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)." [At-Thaariyat 51:56]

When you have had your fill of *that* purpose..and you have managed to stop being a weak..fallible human trapped and tested by his/her human whims and desires...then take the time to speak of Jannah and all the things you're going to *own* and *enjoy* as if you see it all *right before your eyes*

:wasalam:

JENNAH.K.

Thanks, I get your point and it is true indeed.

Don't forget Allah blessed women with emotions which made us just right for child-rearing and keeping a good household.

So women and men, I feel, in my opinion, need to care for women in regards to this. I believe Muhammed was very gentle with his wives - and wiped a tear from one of his wives. Please help me remember where this story is from as I have only recently started reading the Quran.

I feel brother that a kinder way of saying 'ignorant' is 'you are still learning'.

Sometimes I am a very gentle, sensitive person so I prefer a soft approach . I think there must be other women who would appreciate that approach. Needless to say there would be many who need/prefer a firm approach.

I like that you remind me to think "IF my husband should be granted a place in Paradise then..... and IF i should be granted a place in Paradise then... etc"
This is good so thank you. It reminds me to pray for my non-muslim friends also. INSHALLAH we please ALLAH.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Thanks, I get your point and it is true indeed.

Don't forget Allah blessed women with emotions which made us just right for child-rearing and keeping a good household.

So women and men, I feel, in my opinion, need to care for women in regards to this. I believe Muhammed was very gentle with his wives - and wiped a tear from one of his wives. Please help me remember where this story is from as I have only recently started reading the Quran.

I feel brother that a kinder way of saying 'ignorant' is 'you are still learning'.

Sometimes I am a very gentle, sensitive person so I prefer a soft approach . I think there must be other women who would appreciate that approach. Needless to say there would be many who need/prefer a firm approach.

I like that you remind me to think "IF my husband should be granted a place in Paradise then..... and IF i should be granted a place in Paradise then... etc"
This is good so thank you. It reminds me to pray for my non-muslim friends also. INSHALLAH we please ALLAH.

I am actually your *sister* :)

As for what I wrote..I directed it towards *everyone* from both genders...so it's quite difficult for me to tailor my speech to fit everyone's nature..however..should my wording seem a little too-direct or harsh (so to speak) to you..know that that was *not* my intention to make you feel that way at all...I merely want to remind everyone and have them think *deeply* about the things they may have missed or the beliefs they hang on so tightly..because many times we fall into the error of *justifying* our thoughts and emotions saying that it is *human nature* to have them or that *we're not perfect*...but we forget that for the sake of *our well-being* in this world and the next we must *struggle* to better ourselves by taming or getting rid of the impulses of our thoughts and emotions..and the only way I can make such a reminder is by being *honest* and *direct* in what I say...

Anyhow...I welcome you to Islam sister...and pray that you and your husband attain the status of the people of Jannah through your sincere faith..upright characters..and goodly deeds..and that Allah sets the hearts of your friends upon the truth of Islam so they may accept it..

P.S. I think the story you mentioned is in the biography of The Prophet ('alayhi assalat wassalam)..not in the Qura'an..but I unfortunately cannot remember the *exact* source for it because the biography of The Prophet is available in various sources..

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Thanks for the link - I've just emailed it myself so I can keep a record.

Would be great to see him!! I might try a little trip there soon Inshallah.

Wow...he is autograph worthy??? Sounds great!

You should listen to the lecture "Ahmed the Repenter" by Bilal Assad first, it is really good! As for him being autograph-worthy .. different people have different opinions; and in my opinion, he's great. I listened to all his lectures before I realised he is from Melbourne (of Lebanese descent).

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

Sobhanallah!

Now even *Jannah* is not *good enough* for man!...ao'otho billah min ghadhabi Allah!

Sadaqa Allah when He (sobhanaho wa ta'ala) said about man...

"He was indeed unjust and foolish" [Al-Ahzaab 33:72]

Nobody can ever bar a Muslim from expressing his concerns about an issue in his/her deen..or asks a question about a topic therein...but towards Allah we have *aadaab* that we *must* follow and act upon!...do not let your tongue drag you across *transgression!*...so when you wish to *express* something..you owe it to *yourself* to think of *the best* way through which you may word it!

As for the argument raising due to the topic at hand..I must say that..I find it quite selfish..weak...and ignorant that a woman gets *jealous* of a hooriya in paradise..

First of all...and I am talking to *every woman* with that sort of thinking here...to *your father* Adam...*angels*...of all statuses were *commanded* by Allah to *prostrate!!!*...as to show *your honor* amongst *all of* creation!!!...then He (sobhanaho wa ta'ala) increased *your honor* when He further trusted *you* with His deen..His commands..and His worship!!!..when He (sobhanaho wa ta'ala) has countless angels doing nothing *but* praise and adore His Mighty Name and Lordship!!!...so is your *self* that worthless to you as to get jealous of *hooris* who have not prostrated..made remembrance..or cried a single tear out of *love* and *fear* towards Allah..and had never suffered the tests of this dunya?!!!...is your self *that* worthless to you so you'd get jealous and act all mortified???!!!!

second of all...wipe yourself *dry* of the overconfidence you have *showered* your mind with...if you're engaged..or married..what makes *you* so sure that your *dearly beloved fiance or husband* has been *guaranteed* a hooriya in Jannah...*nonetheless*...a *place* there?!!!..have you not heard of the man who did the works of the people of Jannah all of his life and when he stood before Allah..He (sobhanaho wa ta'ala) revealed to him his true intentions behind committing these works and asked that he be dragged to hell?!!!...so what makes you think that your husband (or even *you* for that matter!) will enter Jannah?!!!

third of all...when will women understand that Jannah is something..and this dunya is something *else?!*...when will they keep mixing the realities of the two?..when will they refrain from letting their emotions interfere with their comprehension of the afterlife?!..and when will women stop worrying about them being 2nd..3rd..4th or 100000th wives of a man in Jannah...and just worry about doing that which will get them a *tree's shade* spot in one..not even a *house* or *palace* there..but a *tree's shade* worth of a spot?!!!

As for the men who act like they have their marriage certificates to hooris stashed somewhere in their homes *already*...all I have to say is...

May Allah help you with that *nafs* of yours...

You have allowed it to blind you from *the true* purpose of Jannah..and the true *intention* of getting there...one of you would lower his gaze once or twice..and he practically jumps with joy inside thinking that that's it...he'd been granted a *wide-eyed hooriya* all his own...and she's in Jannah just *yearning* for him to join her..so he'll just grab the closest laz-boy..fold one leg over the other..and rock back and forth with *self-assurance*...fear Allah!...and love Him..love Him before you love the hooris..and take Jannah for the abode that will bring you close to Him (sobhanaho wa ta'ala)...not the abode of 2 or 3 Hooris some of you daydream about day-in..day-out!

Finally...I would like to say to all..that Allah has said in the Qura'an...

"And I (Allah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)." [At-Thaariyat 51:56]

When you have had your fill of *that* purpose..and you have managed to stop being a weak..fallible human trapped and tested by his/her human whims and desires...then take the time to speak of Jannah and all the things you're going to *own* and *enjoy* as if you see it all *right before your eyes*

I guess everyone should read the post above, instead of arguing around and allowing one's desire to overcome them. Ma shaAllaah a very balanced post, and may Allaah reward the sister for her efforts, aameen.

Do you not know that paradise is something that "No Eye Has Seen; No Ear Has Heard". Why do we say things that may lead us to the anger of Allaah T'aala, when it is not certain if we would enter jannaah. Do you not fear oh muslims that it is possible for any of us to die as a hypocrite? Do you not know 'Umar radhiallaahu anhu feared for long, that his name would be in the list of hypocrites? If that was the fear 'Umar radhiallaahu anhu had, who was given glad tidings, by the one who speaks the truth; Muhammed salallaahu alaihi wa sallam, of entering Jannaah, then what about us?

Be wary of what you say. Think twice before you say something, because your tongue will be a witness against/for you on the day of judgement. Allaah, the Possessor of Mercy, reminds us many a times in the Qur'aan about the wonders of paradise, so that we may turn our faces towards Him, subhaanahu wa t'aala. Rather we take these ayahs of Allaah, the Ever Merciful, and complain about it, and thus without even realizing, we are turning our faces away from Allaah, the Most High.

So let us first try to prepare for the day when there will be no shade except under the throne of Allaah. The day when there will be people sweating so much so that some of them will be drowning in their own sweat. A day where Allah will be angry. It has been narrated by Imaam Bukhari in a lengthy hadeeth where the people will ask Adam alaihi salaam to intercede for them, and he, may the mercy of Allaah be upon him, will say, "My Lord is so angry as He has never been before and will never be in the future.....". So let us try to do actions which will help us to be under the shade of Allaah, actions which will help us walk in the siraat, and actions which will lead us to to enter paradise by the mercy of Allaah.

With this I would like to finish off...

P.S Don't want to be picky or anything, but I was just wondering, is there any evidence behind this...

*hooris* who have not prostrated..made remembrance..or cried a single tear out of *love* and *fear* towards Allah

Jazakumullahu kharain, wa salaamu 'alaikkum

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Don't want to be picky or anything, but I was just wondering, is there any evidence behind this...

Jazakumullahu kharain, wa salaamu 'alaikkum

Yes..there is evidence behind this akhi...

The hooris are creatures not designated the duty of worship..because they're created from the light..grounds..and overall environment of Jannah..and they've never been out of it..they're created *only* as a reward for the believing men who enter paradise..so they do not come to the level of virtue of a woman of this dunya..in that the woman of this dunya (who enters paradise!)..has spent her life in worship..avoiding fitnahs of the dunya..and enduring the tests of Allah..while the hooris had been living in innocence and bliss since their creation..that's why the women of the dunya are considered the queens of Jannah and they are above the hooris in status...add to that the fact that *altogether*..Allah has made humans the most honorable of His creation..and you'll see the supporting reasoning behind that statement...

This is what I read in Ibn Al-Qayyim's book called..

*Haadi Al-Arwaah Ila Bilaad Il Afraah*

حادي الأرواح إلى بلاد الأفراح

Which is entirely about the description of Jannah..its levels..its people..its rewards and so on...

This conclusion (specifically) is driven from evidence in the Qura'an and the Sunnah...in-fact one of the hadiths used for evidence for the statement you inquired about is in the very first post...it goes...

Rasûlullah :saw2: replied, "The women of this world will have superiority over the hûrs just as the outer lining of a garment has superiority over the inner lining."... "Because they performed salâh, fasted, and worshipped [Allah]. Allah will put light on their faces and silk on their bodies...".

If you wish I can provide you with a link to the book (it's in Arabic though) for you to read or give to others who might benefit from it akhi...

Inshallah you are clear on the issue now...and I apologize for not citing my source for this statement earlier...

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Yes..there is evidence behind this akhi...

The hooris are creatures not designated the duty of worship..because they're created from the light..grounds..and overall environment of Jannah..and they've never been out of it..they're created *only* as a reward for the believing men who enter paradise..so they do not come to the level of virtue of a woman of this dunya..in that the woman of this dunya (who enters paradise!)..has spent her life in worship..avoiding fitnahs of the dunya..and enduring the tests of Allah..while the hooris had been living in innocence and bliss since their creation..that's why the women of the dunya are considered the queens of Jannah and they are above the hooris in status...add to that the fact that Allah has made humans the most honorable of His creation..and you'll see the supporting reasoning behind that statement...

This is what I read in Ibn Al-Qayyim's book called..

*Haadi Al-Arwaah Ila Bilaad Il Afraah*

Which is entirely about the description of Jannah..its levels..its people..its rewards and so on...

This conclusion (specifically) is driven from evidence in the Qura'an and the Sunnah...in-fact one of the hadiths used for evidence for the statement you inquired about is in the very first post...it goes...

Rasûlullah :saw2: replied, "The women of this world will have superiority over the hûrs just as the outer lining of a garment has superiority over the inner lining."... "Because they performed salâh, fasted, and worshipped [Allah]. Allah will put light on their faces and silk on their bodies...".

If you wish I can provide you with a link to the book (it's in Arabic though) for you to read or give to others who might benefit from it akhi...

Inshallah you are clear on the issue now...and I apologize for not citing my source for this statement earlier...

:salam2: ok sorry for not phrasing my question properly, I know that status of the women of this dunya is better than that of the hooris of jannah, the question I was meant to ask was, the hooris do not worship Allaah? So basically their only role is to be the "reward" of the believing men?

My arabic is not too good, still at my learning stages, but I will still take the book and give it a go, jazakumullahu khairan

wa salaamu 'alaikkum

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
the hooris do not worship Allaah? So basically their only role is to be the "reward" of the believing men?

That's correct akhi...they do not worship...their duty is to *only* be the *living..breathing* reward for the believing men of Jannah...

Here's the link to the book akhi...

http://www.almeshkat.net/books/open.php?cat=26&book=715

If you go towards the bottom where there's an orange-ish icon..you should be able to click on the phrase next to it..and download the book inshallah

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
That's correct akhi...they do not worship...their duty is to *only* be the *living..breathing* reward for the believing men of Jannah...

Here's the link to the book akhi...

http://www.almeshkat.net/books/open.php?cat=26&book=715

If you go towards the bottom where there's an orange-ish icon..you should be able to click on the phrase next to it..and download the book inshallah

'afwaan ukthi just found something on islamqa, and I come on here, and you posted the answer. This is what the sheikh says...

As for the hoori who is one of the delights of Paradise, she has only been created in Paradise for the sake of someone else, and has been made the reward for the believing man for his righteous deeds. There is a great difference between one who enters Paradise as a reward for her righteous deeds and the one who was created as a reward for one who did righteous deeds. The former is a queen and a princess, and the latter, no matter how beautiful she is, is undoubtedly lower in status than a queen, and she is subject to the command of her believing master for whom Allaah created her as a reward.

Barakalaahu feeki for the link, your time and effort, I learnt something new today which I never thought about before.

Wa salaamu 'alaikkum.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Asaalamu Allaicum wa rahmatulah wa barakatuhu

Dear brothers and sisters please calm down for the sake of Allah and try to keep your speach becouse for everything we will respond InshAllah.

Islam teaches us that the heart is indeed tied to our actions, specifically speech. It
Ii is enough to believe in the heart and claim a high level of faith - it must shape a person’s character as well.
This is why the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam even enjoined on us, while appealing to belief in Allah the Almighty:

Let the one who believes in Allah and the Hereafter utter good words, or let him be silent.
[Bukhari, Muslim]

He sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam further said:

Part of the goodness of one’s Islam is his leaving that which does not concern him.
[Tirmidhi]

So not only is a wise person sparing in his/her speech, but is also selective about when it
is necessary to engage his/her mind and efforts. Things which are futile or harmful should
be avoided so as not to use precious energy nor pollute one’s soul with useless clutter.

The ahadith go on to state that this key characteristic caution in one’s speech, or the
lack of it- is one of the sole qualities which can make an individual one of the best or one
of the worst people.

The most disliked of men to Allah are those who are extreme in disputes (which reach the
level of enmity).
[Bukhari]

The most beloved of you to me in the Hereafter are the best of you in character. The most
disliked of you to me and the farthest from me in the Hereafter are the worst of you in
character: those who talk too much repeating themselves needlessly, and opening their mouths
wide when talking, and those who joke and mock others even twisting their mouths in mockery.
[Ahmad]

So one should avoid delving in matters in which he or she has no knowledge or little knowledge and Allah knows the best.

Way to Jannah is not easy, it takes a loot of efforts to come on that blessed place, and even still we are left to Allahs mercy. There will not be greater reword for beliving man and beliving woman than seeing Allah SubhanAllah. There is no grater reword for heart than hope that Allah is plased with him.

Maybe better question would be :"Are we doing enough to gain Allahs pleasure and to be better Muslims"???

Are time we should use on the prodactive way, and avoid anything, including useluss disccussion, what can take us from our purpose. And Allah knows the best

May Allah guide us all

Wa Allaicumu Sallam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
'afwaan ukthi just found something on islamqa, and I come on here, and you posted the answer. This is what the sheikh says...

Barakalaahu feeki for the link, your time and effort, I learnt something new today which I never thought about before.

Wa salaamu 'alaikkum.

Wa baraka feek wa jazaka Aj-Jannah inshallah!

I am glad I was of help akhi..and thank you for providing yet another source for the information posted..

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

its me - the thread starter :)

i was showing the moon to you by pointing my finger but most of you just saw my finger.:)

yes, Allah should be worshipped to earn His pleasure but *humans* are weak and most of us need some reward and some fear of punishment.

many young muslims are into dating, affairs, etc. so if they are told to protect their chastity for Allah's sake and He will bless them wht they desire in jannah, whts wrong with that?

are we really too good that we only want Allah's pleasure and nothing else or are we just flowing in emotions?

iloveislam78

I just want to say thankyou for all your posts mashalah some of them i enjoyed v much i just have a few points,

firstly a man of jennah will have two wifes from earth so saying that the beauty of the hooris will not surpass the earth womens beauty is pretty irrelavant as ur husband will have another earth wife....

this debate can run and run however i have come to this conclusion

ALLAH IS AL ADL (THE JUST)

i think many ppl lack a sensitivity chip, after all its men who enjoy constantly yib yabbering about the hooris, is it not,

IF A WOMEN ATTAINS JENNAH, AND HER DESIRE IS FOR HER HUSBAND NOT TO HAVE ANOTHER EARTH WIFE OR THE HOORIS, THEN IT WILL BE,
HASNT ALLAH PROMISED US ALL OUR HEARTS DESIRE?????????

there a story i came across somewhere about two men, both of whom had the same weight in deeds but allah put one in a higher jennah then the other, so the one in the lower jennah asked why,,,

allah replies because he asked!!!!!

sisters, the subject of the hooris is enough to make u go mad unless u truely believe allah is just... make dua etc and trust in allah and repent for our bad thoughts.........................

i dont agree with anyone trying to ignore jennah the prophet pbhu spent 14 years telling people about jennah and as believers we should strive for allahs pleasure and reward so, if their is something u cannot comprehend u should ask!! but its true anyone just striving for hooris will probably never enter jennah, hooris are one reward for those who desire it , but sisters, allah knows how will feel, allah knows that we have to put up with listening to men go on about these hooris and then we look at our husbands and want to cry... men are tooo quick to call us jealous but seem to forget that they to would feel hurt if thier wifes were to sleeping with many many others....but i guess for most men it doesnt concern them so they dont care!!

sisters DONT lose urselfs in this pain, its pointless jennah is a place we should strive for!!!! and we shall not be unhappy ever :)

trust in allah and you will never be losers!!!!!!!!! not in this life or the akirah!!!

much love and peace

and welcome sister jennah,

krackpot

slave warrior caged
ITS EASY FOR A MAN TO SAY DNT WORRY ABOUT THE HURS ETC THEY DNT CONCERN THEM, WELL WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER EARTH WOMEN WOMEN WOULD HAVE TO SHARE THEIR HUSBAND WITH???? WHY DOES JENNAH SOUND LIKE A WOMENS HELL???? WHY IS IT THAT FOR MAN JENNAH IS MADE APPEALING BUT FOR WOMEN EXTREMELY DISTRESSFUL, I THINK THE BROTHERS SHOULD IMAGINE THEY ARE IN THE POSITION OF A WOMEN, THE MEER THOUGHT OF SHARING YOUR HUSBAND IS UNBEARABLE AND IF MEN WHERE IN THE SAME BOAT THEY WOULD NOT BE SO QUICK TO DISPEL OUR FEARS AND REDUCE THEM TO JEALOUSLY!!

sister do you even realize wat you are sayin???
you have not seen jannah and neither have we. how can you pass judgements like these on Allah's creation... god forbid such thoughts. :X
you mite loose your emaan... becareful do not question Allah's will.......
ALLAH AND HIS MENNEGER KNOW BEST wat jannah is and wat not.... As for now. just concentrate on your deeds and prayers cuz you wont have a spouse in hell,. and you dont wanna be in hell.
may Allah save ummah from such blashphemy

Searching_soul

sister do you even realize wat you are sayin???
you have not seen jannah and neither have we. how can you pass judgements like these on Allah's creation... god forbid such thoughts. :X
you mite loose your emaan... becareful do not question Allah's will.......
ALLAH AND HIS MENNEGER KNOW BEST wat jannah is and wat not.... As for now. just concentrate on your deeds and prayers cuz you wont have a spouse in hell,. and you dont wanna be in hell.
may Allah save ummah from such blashphemy

Dear Bro/sis,

I think she's a young sister, overcome with emotions. Just dont' be harsh on her. Give her a chance and advice her in the best of manners. Im sure she will repent and be a good muslimah insha ALLAH :)

Our prophet Mohamed (peace be upon him) was sent to us, to perfect our manners and deen. So we shouldn't be harsh to our dear bros/sis in islam or anyone for that matter. With Good manners, we can attract anyone to islam. Just a small advice bro/sis krackpot.

exalted

salaam
you know every time you ask one of those sheikhs what women will get in paradise, they cover it up with the whole "jewelry" and "make up" shops. I feel insulted every time they say that because all I've ever wanted is a man who will love me only. I cry all the time and have difficulty going to sleep. Stuff like that has destroyed my self respect.
I mean imagine being referred to as "you know she is one of his "1000" wives"(as some hadiths state the number way higher than 70)

maybe i feel that because i always loved people who never loved back and found me worthy of nothing
i'm not saying men shouldn't be rewarded for their patience (of course they should be:))
all i'm saying is that i wish i could be granted what i desired too.:(

exalted

My husband, ( uncomfortably knowing that hoors and wives will be on offer to him) prays perhaps daily that it is only he and I in Paradise. He has also asked one of his brothers to pray that he not have any hoors in Paradise. Yes I sometimes feel very upset about the fact he can have hoors. But my husband has told me strongly (fearing my sadness) that he is opposed to the idea and prays it is he and I only for now and forever Inshallah.

I just converted a couple days ago. This means suddeny I have a major concern for what happens in Paradise. Really,, I was so shaken, distressed, about to look at my husband as if anyday now his arms would be around another woman (hoor) and it would all be acceptable to God. I sounded miserable to my husband as I told him of what I had recently learnt.

My poor husband was desperately trying to think of a thousand different ways to reassure me. My favorite answer was "Darling, its like in Paradise you'll have a remote control.. and everything you want you'll have. I only want what you want. Really - you'll have remote control"

After about 30 mins I started to forget about it and just want to focus on the now and pleasing God. Sometimes I bit of fear rises up inside me but I just remember my husbands words.

Hope these private thoughts help you sister.

you have a very caring husband, lucky you.

Anas_L

Young Muslim
@exalted

I personally wouldn't want more than 1 wife... imagine having to walk for a day just to visit each wife for a minute or two... no thank you.

1 wife is enough, but I will thank Allah for his offer. Maybe I will change my mind in Jannah, who knows. Right now though, I definitely don't want more than 1 wife in Jannah.

And I've never heard about these "hoors"... nobody has brought a hadith proving their existence yet.

Edit:

Oops, that really sounded like an arrogant statement.

"Maybe I will change my mind in Jannah"

I definitely didn't mean to say that I will for sure be going to Jannah. May Allah allow me to though. :D

exalted

HURS

ITS EASY FOR A MAN TO SAY DNT WORRY ABOUT THE HURS ETC THEY DNT CONCERN THEM, WELL WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER EARTH WOMEN WOMEN WOULD HAVE TO SHARE THEIR HUSBAND WITH???? WHY DOES JENNAH SOUND LIKE A WOMENS HELL???? WHY IS IT THAT FOR MAN JENNAH IS MADE APPEALING BUT FOR WOMEN EXTREMELY DISTRESSFUL, I THINK THE BROTHERS SHOULD IMAGINE THEY ARE IN THE POSITION OF A WOMEN, THE MEER THOUGHT OF SHARING YOUR HUSBAND IS UNBEARABLE AND IF MEN WHERE IN THE SAME BOAT THEY WOULD NOT BE SO QUICK TO DISPEL OUR FEARS AND REDUCE THEM TO JEALOUSLY!!
Sister, if you want in jannah a man to yourself then inshallah you will get that because Allah(swt) says:

“No soul knows what comfort is is kept hidden for them, as a recompense for their deeds.” [Surah As-Sajdah 32:17]

“and you shall have therein what your souls desire and you shall have therein what you ask for:” [Surah Fussilat 41:31]

“and there will be found all that the souls desire, and the eyes delight in, and therein, you shall dwell forever.” [Surah Az-Zukhruf 43:71]

ibn Qayyim (one of the great scholars of islam) said that Allah did not put any conditions o that so inshallah youwill get what you want,ameen:)

unbreak

IF anyone offended by this post, I will apologized. Allah (SWT) knows best.

DO not listen to whisper of Satan, or listen this messed up society, (Specially the life of this western society)

Read the Quran, with translation, here are some site.
www.clearquran.com EASY to understand ENGLISH TRANSLATION
www.quranexplorer.com translation with quran verse

Everyday a read 1 Chapter.
more you read better you will understand about our life in this world.

Remember our purpose in this life.

► Chapter 67
2. He who created death and life—to test you—as to which of you is better in conduct. He is the Almighty, the Forgiving.

► Chapter 06
32. The life of this world is nothing but game and distraction, but the Home of the Hereafter is better for those who are righteous. Do you not understand?

► Chapter 18
7. We made what is upon the earth an ornament for it, to test them as to which of them is best in conduct.

EVERY DAY ask forgiveness for yourself, your parents, your spouses, your kids. your entire family members and relative and your Ummah, atleast before you go to bed

Everyday say Alhamdulillah after wake from bed.

If anyone offended by my message, i sorry.

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR