** 10 Reasons Why Jesus Isn't God- (Quotes From The Bible) **

Status
Not open for further replies.

justoneofmillion

the servant of god!not the son in a literary sense

1.2.3.15 Jesus is God's servant

All of mankind are the servants of God. If a man were to own another man then that man would be his servant. Obviously this servant would be held in a lower regard than this man's own children (or himself). We do not usually find people telling their sons (or themselves): "come here my servant," or "Go over there my servant." Let us compare this with what God has to say about Jesus (pbuh):

1. Matthew 12:18: "Behold my servant, whom I have chosen."
2. Acts 3:13(RSV): "The God of Abraham, and of Isaac,.... hath glorified his servant Jesus."
3. Acts 4:27(RSV): "For of a truth against thy holy servant Jesus, whom thou hast anointed...."

The Actual Greek word used is "pias" or "paida" which mean; "servant, child, son, manservant." Some translations of the Bible, such as the popular King James Version, have translated this word as "Son" when it is attributed to Jesus (pbuh) and "servant" for most everyone else, while more recent translations of the Bible such as the Revised Standard Version (RSV) now honestly translate it as "servant." As we shall see in later chapters, the RSV was compiled by thirty two Biblical scholars of the highest eminence, backed by 50 cooperating Christian denominations from the "most" ancient Biblical manuscripts available to them today. Chances are that no matter what your church or denomination you are able to name, that church took part in the correction of the King James Version of the Bible which resulted in the RSV.

The exact same word "pias" is attributed to Jacob(Israel) in Luke 1:54 and translated as "servant":

"He hath helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;."

It is also applied to King David in Luke 1:69, and once again, it is translated as "servant":

"....the house of his servant David;" (also see Acts 4:25).

However, when it is applied to Jesus (e.g. Acts 3:13, Acts 4:27), NOW it is translated as "Son." (notice that it is not only translated as "son" but as "Son".) Why the double standard? Why the dishonest translation techniques?

"And verily, among them is a party who twist their tongues with the Scripture that you might think that it is from the Scripture but it is not from the Scripture; and they say, 'It is from Allah' but it is not from Allah; and they speak a lie against Allah while [well] they know it!"

The noble Qur'an, A'al-Umran(3):78

"The Messiah will never scorn to be a servant of Allah, nor will the favored angels. Whosoever scorns His service and is proud, all such will He assemble unto Him; Then as for those who believed and did good works, unto them will he pay their wages in full and shall increase them from His bounty. [But] as for those who were scornful and proud, He shall punish hem with a painful torment, nor will they find for themselves other than Allah any ally or champion"

The noble Qur'an, Al-Nissa(4):172-174
http://wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/library/jesus-say/ch1.2.3.15.html: The following excerpt was taken from: http://www.themodernreligion.com/comparative/christ/bible_son.htm

"Mr. Tom Harpur says in the preface to his book: "The most significant development since 1986 in this regard has been the discovery of the title "Son of God" in one of the Qumran papyri (Dead Sea Scrolls) used in relation to a person other than Jesus.....this simply reinforces the argument made there that to be called the Son of God in a Jewish setting in the first century is not by any means the same as being identical with God Himself." For Christ's Sake, pp. xii."

The article goes into great depth in refuting the polytheist trinity paganism. I recommend reading it.
peace out
jameel

Waterdrop

Banned
how should it work? use ur own language to tell us.

If you love the Lord you will seek to stop sinning. If you don't love Him then you really haven't believed in your heart that he took your sin upon himself when Jesus died for you on the cross. If you don't really believe in your heart, you are still lost in your sins and will be punished for them all. You need repentance, followed by faith that He loved you and died for you. Not to mention the 10 commandments are always there for direction.

If you love the Lord you will seek to stop sinning. If you don't love Him then you really haven't believed in your heart that he took your sin upon himself when Jesus died for you on the cross. .

u are now contradicting ur self. u said God took my sins upon him but let jesus died! hää! GOd took the sins of mine but who had to die? God or jesus?
If God love us then why cant he forgive me and Jesus both? why he let the poor jesus(peace be upon him) to die in cross because of my sin? why the GOd didn´t kill himself in the cross? sounds ironic!

He does a lot of sin because he believed that God loves him and thats why he jesus(peace be upon him). If he didn´t read that GOd loves him and thats why he died or jesus(peace be upon him) died he hadn´t do a lot of sin , and were scared that he has to go in hell.

If you don't really believe in your heart, you are still lost in your sins and will be punished for them all. .

Jesus allready punished by GOd for my sin. so its too late. GOd will not punish 2 person for my sin.namely me and jesus(peace be upon him). God do only justice. God will ask me only for my deeds. and God will punish me only for my deeds.Its unfair if God punish u because of my sins. or?

You need repentance, followed by faith that He loved you and died for you. Not to mention the 10 commandments are always there for direction.

who loved me and who died?
jesus(peace be upon him) love me and God died? or God love me and force to jesus(peace be upon him) to death for my sin?

i am just asking!

Waterdrop

Banned
u are now contradicting ur self. u said God took my sins upon him but let jesus died! hää! He took the sins of mine and he had to die? God or jesus?
If God love us then why cant he forgive me and Jesus both? why he let the poor jesus to die in cross because of my sin? why the GOd didn´t kill himself in the cross? sounds ironic!

He does a lot of sin because he believed that God loves him and thats why he died. If he didn´t read that GOd loves him and thats why he died or jesus died he hadn´t do a lot of sin , and were scared that he has to go in hell.

Jesus allready punished by GOd for my sin. so its too late. GOd will not punish 2 person for my sin.namely me and jesus(peace be upon him). God do only justice. God will ask me only for my deeds. and God will punish me only for my deeds.Its unfair if God punish u because of my sins. or?

who loved me and who died?
jesus love me and God died? or God love me and force to jesus to death for my sin?

i am just asking!

I'm not sure how you came to your conclusions but you are so far off it's almost not worth the effort. So far I had to repeat That Jesus is not God 5 times...it's a bit tiring. I'm not trying to change your mind or convert you but I just think of Islam as you think of Christianity. You'll have to explain to God why you believed what you believed.

I'm not sure how you came to your conclusions but you are so far off it's almost not worth the effort. So far I had to repeat That Jesus is not God 5 times...it's a bit tiring. I'm not trying to change your mind or convert you but I just think of Islam as you think of Christianity. You'll have to explain to God why you believed what you believed.

no brother , the whole thing is confusing me. u said one time GOd took our sins upon him then who had to die? if i says i am gonna pay all ur bils then i have to pay or? i will not say hey u hippie man u have to pay this bills or?
u said GOd took the sins upon him, then he had to died in cross or?
not jesus(peace be upon him) or? and i beleive nothing, i am trying to believe what u wrote, but u r not clear with ur words. u r chanign the tracks. One time u shows God loves us and another time u punish jesus(peace be upon him).

Waterdrop

Banned
no brother , the whole thing is confusing me. u said one time GOd took our sins upon him then who had to die? if i says i am gonna pay all ur bils then i have to pay or? i will not say hey u hippie man u have to pay this bills or?
not jesus(peace be upon him) or? and i beleive nothing, i am trying to believe what u wrote, but u r not clear with ur words. u r chanign the tracks. One time u shows God loves us and another time u punish jesus(peace be upon him).

I have no idea what your saying..

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

I think you were trying to say ..something like this, (my understanding may help waterdrop understand) apologies if its wrong:

"Waterdrop said at one point that God took our sins upon himself ...if it was God who did that, then who died on the cross?"

Another point the brother made was this:

"At one time God loves us and another time Jesus (pbuh) gets punished"

Thats all I understood by it. Hope that helped though. I didnt understand the bit about the bills.

I didnt understand the bit about the bills.

for example i and my friend went together in a hotel and ate. i said i will pay the bills. but suddenly i told a hippie person who was sitting near me, to pay the bills. WHy that hippie man pay the bils if i said to my friend i want to pay the bill?

GOd loves us. God can forgive us or punish us. If he took our sins , then why he let jesus to die for our sins? GOd loves us so God should die for our sins!
ironic!

I just think of Islam as you think of Christianity. You'll have to explain to God why you believed what you believed.

No brother i dont think christianity like u think about islam. christianity says God can punish jesus because of others, but islam says God will punish me only because of my sins. So the logic must be there. i am trying to find the logic which islam shows and thats what is missing in christianity. i think about christianity like the same way of islam. i ask same question to both religion. and try to get the asnwer from both side.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
for example i and my friend went together in a hotel and ate. i said i will pay the bills. but suddenly i told a hippie person who was sitting near me, to pay the bills. WHy that hippie man pay the bils if i said to my friend i want to pay the bill?

GOd loves us. God can forgive us or punish us. If he took our sins , then why he let jesus to die for our sins? GOd loves us so God should die for our sins!
ironic!

Yes I understand, :jazaak: for clarifying.

Sister Fatma

Islam my Deen
Eh? You may want to go back and study the Bible.

yeah well tell that to those who teach it then innit.
Y then in church they say lord jesus peace be upon him, they always pray to him. they have statues of him and of his mother. they always mention him more then they mention GOD, does that mean that he is better then GOD???
plz elaborate.

Sister Fatma

Islam my Deen
if GOD loves his creation, would he not love his son more. How could he then sacrifice him. What was the point of creating hell fire? christians have the belief that they will all enter heaven as long as they remain and die as christians. Muslims however know that some will enter hell then get out.
PLz tell me y is it so hard to believe that GOD created jesus peace be upon him just by saying be, and he then became, y does he has to be his son. What does it mean for Adam peace be upon him? he was created without a mother or father does that not make him more special?
So what is he then?

Status
Not open for further replies.