A brother took the shahada last night......

helpinghumanity

:salam2:

One of the brother in our college took shahada last night. ALLAHU AKHBAR...

Inshallah i will be posting the details later. I am in a rush now.

Please give your suggestion on what should be our next step? What are the things that we should teach him stepwise or what are the things that he need to learn first? He was previously a Christain...

Salam...inshallah the details will be posted in the spring break or after my exams. Till then make duaa for us and that brother ...

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Mashallah!...Allahu Akbar!

I think the first thing the brother needs to focus on learning is prayer...

Here's a flash presentation of Salat for beginners:

http://english.islamway.com/prayer/BegSound.htm

Here's another for performing ablution (wudhu'u):

http://www.islamway.com/islambase/IslamWayAbultioneng.html

I think visuals would help a beginner learn and remember better than *reading* everything..also I think it would be nice if someone bought the brother a good translation of the Qura'an and gave it to him to keep..preferably one that is small so he can carry it with him so he reads the Qura'an as often as he can :)

That's what crossed my mind..and I believe the best things to teach a new revert :)

May Allah keep him strong in faith and excellent in practice..and grant you success in your exams akhi...Ameen!

:wasalam:

MutlekM

Alhamudilillah that this new brother joined islam. I hope the best for the 2 of you.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

One of the brother in our college took shahada last night. ALLAHU AKHBAR...

Inshallah i will be posting the details later. I am in a rush now.

Please give your suggestion on what should be our next step? What are the things that we should teach him stepwise or what are the things that he need to learn first? He was previously a Christain...

Salam...inshallah the details will be posted in the spring break or after my exams. Till then make duaa for us and that brother ...

it's always a wonderful thing to hear that someone else has come to embrace islam. i would say that the brother just needs to be guided through the basics. it's not that important to hit the brother with more than he can absorb at one time. he just needs the fundamentals and insha'ALLAH in time his knowledge will build up and will be easier for him to understand deeper islamic things.

BigAk

It is happy news to me everytime I see a brother/sister announce their shahada.. Now I would like to emphasize to you ... and this is something I have learned from sister shyHijabi, and that is to pay extra attention to the new brother into Islam.. Many new converts face some really tough times after embracing Islam. Usually they have to andour the society's prejudice and they will end up feeling like rejects among their Christian friends.. Sometimes, few reverts will leave Islam and go back to what they were before due to lack of support. I have been paying extra attention to this matter and I've been making a special effort to help our new muslim reverts... Please take notes of this issue and act on it.

Jazak Allah khair .... May Allah reward you and keep us on His right path. Ameen.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
This is great news, mashallah.

(Testing if this post works. I'm trying to create a new thread and I keep getting a 500 internal error)..

helpinghumanity

Mashallah!...Allahu Akbar!

I think the first thing the brother needs to focus on learning is prayer...

Here's a flash presentation of Salat for beginners:

http://english.islamway.com/prayer/BegSound.htm

Here's another for performing ablution (wudhu'u):

http://www.islamway.com/islambase/IslamWayAbultioneng.html

I think visuals would help a beginner learn and remember better than *reading* everything..also I think it would be nice if someone bought the brother a good translation of the Qura'an and gave it to him to keep..preferably one that is small so he can carry it with him so he reads the Qura'an as often as he can :)

Jazakumullah khair sister for providing those links. Indeed visuals have their own importance and preference. There are some minor differences on how to perform salat but inshallah brother will learn it by time.

Inshallah i will ask him whether he has a copy of quran? If not then mashallah there are many in our MSO and we will let him take one.

Jazakumullah khair for your duas...Inshallah with the help of all you inshallah i will pass my exams with ease. Inshallah.

it's always a wonderful thing to hear that someone else has come to embrace islam. i would say that the brother just needs to be guided through the basics. it's not that important to hit the brother with more than he can absorb at one time. he just needs the fundamentals and insha'ALLAH in time his knowledge will build up and will be easier for him to understand deeper islamic things.
:wasalam: Jazakumullah khair brother for you advice. This is what i or we said to him That do not expect to learn everything in 2 days. Islam is like a sea of knowledge.
The first thing to do is just learn the basics. And inshallah there will be a time when you will teach us...lol...

helpinghumanity

It is happy news to me everytime I see a brother/sister announce their shahada.. Now I would like to emphasize to you ... and this is something I have learned from sister shyHijabi, and that is to pay extra attention to the new brother into Islam.. Many new converts face some really tough times after embracing Islam. Usually they have to andour the society's prejudice and they will end up feeling like rejects among their Christian friends.. Sometimes, few reverts will leave Islam and go back to what they were before due to lack of support. I have been paying extra attention to this matter and I've been making a special effort to help our new muslim reverts... Please take notes of this issue and act on it.

Jazak Allah khair .... May Allah reward you and keep us on His right path. Ameen.

Jazakumullah khair brother for you advice. Mashallah we are paying special attention to this matter.

On the day that he took shahadah all of us went to brooklyn to eat dinner in a middle eastern restaurant despite of the fact that we were in the middle of our exams. The main reason was to give this new brother company so that he does not leave lonely.

And look at this...Aljazerrah channel was tuned on while we were eating....and one of the arab sister was dressed like an american. So this new brother asked "is she a muslimah"....I replied "She can be or she can't. There are many christian in arab land. So probably she is one of them.....If we assume that she is a muslimah...EVEN then we should not criticize her...we should try to improve our self first lol"

Although brother are stronger than sisters and can handle the situation but still we believe that he needs to be accompanied by such friends who will

Mashallah now there are many brother who are helping him out...teaching him how to perform ablution, how to pray...And inshallah slowly and slowly he will learn .....

However please keep on giving suggestion.

iidob_123

thanks ahhal again

ALHUMDULLIAH
thanks allah keep touch with him lethim know about islam whatever you know and give him books and websited that he can learn something.many non-muslim took shahada but a number of non-muslim disappointed when they observe they r alone in muslim community no one keep relation with them so the back again previous religion so it is essential for you to introduce with your muslim friends who maintain islamic sariah in his life never made him lonely.its important.you can visit for dawah and nice pic to-iidob.weebly.com
thanks ahhal again

BigAk

Jazakumullah khair brother for you advice. Mashallah we are paying special attention to this matter.

On the day that he took shahadah all of us went to brooklyn to eat dinner in a middle eastern restaurant despite of the fact that we were in the middle of our exams. The main reason was to give this new brother company so that he does not leave lonely.

And look at this...Aljazerrah channel was tuned on while we were eating....and one of the arab sister was dressed like an american. So this new brother asked "is she a muslimah"....I replied "She can be or she can't. There are many christian in arab land. So probably she is one of them.....If we assume that she is a muslimah...EVEN then we should not criticize her...we should try to improve our self first lol"

Although brother are stronger than sisters and can handle the situation but still we believe that he needs to be accompanied by such friends who will

Mashallah now there are many brother who are helping him out...teaching him how to perform ablution, how to pray...And inshallah slowly and slowly he will learn .....

However please keep on giving suggestion.

Excellent... I am so glad that you guys are paying special attention to this matter. May Allah reward you for your efforts and grant you Jannat Al Firdows. Ameen.

Nurain

Salam,

Should teach him methods of purity (wudhoo, ghusl etc). A believer does not become impure..

fada_all

salam alikom

masha allah taala may allah sobhanaho wa taala keep him on the stright way insha allah , and increase his konwledge in islam as much as possible , and guide him to th right path ansha allah ataala.

i think the frist thing for him now is o focus on the prayer salat it is much imorptant..

allah konws more