A journey to Afghanistan during taliban era

FreedomFighter

:salam2:

i didnt get to finish reading it now, hope to do it later. mashaAllah thanks for there were some pictures. i really liked the mountains picture.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Good, very good. I hope there will be more articles about Afganistan. I'm particularly interested to read about true situation over there including treatment to women overthere. So far we have been hearing from media controlled by the enemies so you will not get the actual picture.

FreedomFighter

that was nice to read, its like real jihad, not blowing urself up. subhanAllah...so that man who visited did jihad, and then he left back for his home?

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
it was super peice of writnig
May Allah bless our ummah with apious leader ameen thuma ameen.
well brother ,the seen of the fort was very moving.when adeel arif asked the taalib that he should be buried beside the sahabas,the taalib smiles and says "inshallah"
would that we reach the same level of imaan.
jazakallah khair brother.
ab tu gillah nhy hy na?

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
They were probably the most usefull 12 days in his entire life, may Allaah accept it from him, its a shame it wasnt for a longer time.

wa-alaykum assalam wa rahmatullah.

AlQurtubi

Banned
I wonder if there was any need to be ashamed. He went for a purpose and came back.

Sister Ya ALLAH Madad, kis baat ka gila?
May ALLAH give us the required level of emaan (ameen). ITna tu ho kay ghairat baqi rahay. Abhi tu bura haal hay

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
I wonder if there was any need to be ashamed. He went for a purpose and came back.

You misunderstood. To say 'its a shame' is not always literally 'to be ashamed' its an expression which is more likely to mean 'its a bit disappointing' in this context.

So no, nothing to 'be ashamed' of inshaAllaah.

wa-alaykum assalam.

Muhammad Saleh

Does anyone know why brother Al Qurtubi was banned? May Allah bless him for sharing such a beautiful read.

All we know about Taliban is how western media and lackies of devil potray them. Here is another firsthand account of Taliban rule in Afganistan by a Mujahida known as Yvonne Ridly. She gave a detailed account of her treatment by Taliban in an interesting way:

[yt]PT9Wsh-vMX8[/yt]

[yt]QvYFAY3tdA8[/yt]

[yt]nEDpf2sijiU[/yt]

[yt]mXSark2RZdU[/yt]

[yt]hwaj3HDRU-A[/yt]

[yt]eK9hqF5-rFA[/yt]

[yt]lFjshmMNw50[/yt]

[yt]IzCsYxKFvv4[/yt]

[yt]8GFbiMfyXZY[/yt]

[yt]dVzJl4847gM[/yt]

[yt]APC3QRf89fM[/yt]

[yt]LDKFsX8_530[/yt]

Zarmina

Sorry, but as an Afghan woman, I don't have anything nice to say about the Taliban. They are really cruel, recently they cut off the nose and ears of a poor farmer just for voting in the elections.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

I didnt go through all of the videos posted above, but just the last one. Some of his ideas aren't in line with the Quran and the Sunnah.

I am not here to vilify or demonize him. It seems like his intentions are pure and he is really speaking from his heart ... but you have to call out someone when they are talking about something that's not correct.

First of all, I dont really understand where he gets the 'soul of the unbeliever wont meet his creator'. I have never encountered anything like that.

Second of all, he wishes to be matyred in this battle (in haste to meet his end). This is the total opposite of the ideology of a mumin. A mumin prays that Allah swt prolongs his life so that he can serve Allah swt and pray to him and keep gaining more hasanaats and please his Lord.

Third of all, one can wish that he dies as a 'matyr'. But no one claim that he will be dying sooner or later as a 'matyr'. It's not a given. Only Allah swt has the knowledge of hearts of believers and only Allah swt has this knowledge.

Insha'Allah tallah with the permission of the mods, I would post something that I think many will find beneficial here.

:wasalam:

Sorry, but as an Afghan woman, I don't have anything nice to say about the Taliban. They are really cruel, recently they cut off the nose and ears of a poor farmer just for voting in the elections.

let me tell u a bed time story.... :D

one day a man bought a sheep and a bunch of thieves saw him buy it and wanted to take it.....so they made a plan and when the man was walking to his house he met 2 men(thieves gang members) and they said why are u holding that dog?....the man surprised said it isnt a dog its a sheep i jz bought...they laughed at him and left....a little further he met another 3 men and they said to him why are u holding a dog?.....he said its a sheep and not a dog!....they also laughed at him and left.....now this happened for around five times again and then finally the 6th time it happened the man dropped the rope which he was holding the sheep with....im going to get that shepherd who sold me a dog!.......and the thieves got the sheep

motive of story = lie so much that the lie becomes the truth.....and who lies so much?....the mediaa who else!

Zarmina

I am not basing my opinions of the Taliban based on the western media. My family's farm was burnt down when they pushed their way North to the Shamali area after 1996. They killed a lot of innocent people, and I think it is wrong to make them the face of Islam. I also have relatives in the South, and they tell me how horrible they were and still are.

No offense to anybody. Thank you.

FreedomFighter

seems like there are the bad talibans as well. too bad the good ones get blamed as well and too bad people use the name of the taliban and call themselves taliban and do many bad acts, so the whole taliban are seemed as bad people.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Assaalaamu A'laykum Wara'hmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

Allaahu A'lem where he got that from akhee as he was really addressing obama[i don't think obama would want him to provide proofs] but let me ask you this dear akhee....Why would a soul without La Illaha Illalah meet its creator??? Most likely this soul of the kuffar will transgress against Allaah Aza Wajjal?? So again why would Allaah Aza Wajjal The Most High...The Most Just let a soul without La Illaha Illalah meet Him? That contradicts so much ayats and hadiths in the Qura'an and Sunnah akhee. Also when we talk about the kuffars dear akhee, we are not talking about human beings....we are talking about PIGS!! A soul without La Illaha Illalah is an animal. So how and why will Allaah Aza Wajjal let these PIGS meet Him The Most High, The Most Just, The All-Knower.

Even the hypocrite (who is in the lowest level of jahanam, worst off then kuffar) faces his lord and is then shunned to the hell fire. We can't make up stuff based on emotion.

If the someone claims that 'soul of kuffar aren't going to meet Allah swt', then he better back them up with a correct interpretation of ayah from Quran and/or with an authentic Hadeeth. We aren't allowed to speak of matters of what we don't have any knowledge of.

Also namecalling, like 'pigs' , 'animals'. Brother, better refrain from using such derogatory words as Allah swt created them as humans, we can't call them 'pigs' as we weren't taught to pratice namecalling by our beloved prophet (PBUH).

Akhee....How many companions of the prophet Muhammad Salalahu A'layhi Wassallam wished to be martyred in countless battles???? Countless companions in longing for only one thing....which was martyrdom....to die in the path and cause of Allaah Aza Wajjal.

True. But I only commented on hastening death. Wishing for a matyr's death, I dont see any wrong in that.

So do not say this is the opposite of the ideology of a Mu'min because it is not....It is Exactly the ideology of the Mu'min. Prophet Muhammad Salalahu Alayhi Wassallam said," This life is a Prison for the believers and paradise for the non believers". So why wouldn't any muslim want to meet his end in haste. His heart longing for the third best position insha-Allaah which is becoming a shaheed....A muslim that loves to meet Allaah Aza Wajjal....Allaah Aza Wajjal loves to meet that muslim as well..... its in the Qura'an...please go and check it out insha-Allaah cause I have a huge feeling this post will get deleted....

Because what you are saying is in direct contradiction of what Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) has taught us.

Taken from Riyadh us Saliheen :-

Chapter 67
Abomination of longing for Death

585. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "None of you should wish for death. If he is righteous, perhaps he may add to (his) good works, and if he is a sinner, possibly he may repent (in case he is given a longer life).''
[Al-Bukhari].

In Muslim, Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported : Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Let none of you wish for death, nor he ask for it before it comes to him, because when he dies, his actions will be terminated; certainly the age of a (true) believer does not add but good.''

Commentary: This Hadith forbids a believer to wish for his death as the longevity of his age suits him by all means. The longer he lives, the greater degree of progress will he make in virtues pursuits. And in case he infringes upon the Shari`ah rules, he may perhaps incline towards penitence. A believer should, therefore, consider his life as a boon and try his utmost to do good things.

586. Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Let none of you wish for death on account of an affliction that befalls him. If he has no alternative, let him pray: `Allahumma ahyine ma kanatil-hayatu khairan li, wa tawaffani idha kanatil-wafatu khairan li (O Allah! Give my life so long as the life is good for me, and take away my life if death is good for me)'.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: Here, too, a believer has been prevented from wishing for death. Because it betrays that he is far from agreeing to what Allah wills or has ordained. If at all his wishing becomes intense and indispensable under the pressure of circumstances, he should pray in the Prophetic words mentioned in the Hadith above.

587. Qais bin Abu Hazim (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I went to visit Khabbab bin Aratt (May Allah be pleased with him) during his illness. He had been cauterized in seven places. He said: "Our companions who have died have left (this world) without having enjoyed the pleasures of the world (in order to get a great full reward in the Hereafter) while we have amassed wealth exceeding our needs for which there is no place to keep except in the earth. Had Messenger of Allah (PBUH) not prohibited us from longing for death, I would have prayed for it.'' Then we visited him again and he was building a wall. He said: "There is a reward in store for a Muslim in respect of everything on which he spends except for something he places in the earth (i.e., something exceeding our needs or essentials).''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith forbids a believer to wish for his death as the longevity of his age suits him by all means. The longer he lives, the greater degree of progress he will make in the pursuit of virtues. And in case he infringes upon the Shari`ah rules, he may perhaps incline towards penitence. A believer should, therefore, consider his life as a boon and try his utmost to do good things .

So I'am not going to waste my precious time posting proofs...

Brother, this is not the way we converse with our brothers and sisters. I would just to like to let you know. I hope you change your ways for the better.

You could have simply written "I dont have the time to provide more material at the moment as I am busy/preoccupied".

Of course akhee....no one can make that claim.....Only Allaah Aza Wajjal has the knowledge. I think you might have misunderstood the brother in the video.....

He said " luck wasnt with me and I wasnt martyred in this battle" . I dont think I have misunderstood him if the translation is accurate.