A question about head scarf

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
:salam2: ,
Can a guy who is talking to a girl with the intention of marriage see the girl without the headscarf ? if not in real can he see her without headscarf in the picture?

:wasalam:

esperanza

revert of many years
Can a guy who is talking to a girl with the intention of marriage see the girl without the headscarf ? if not in real can he see her without headscarf in the picture?

well i think it depends on the faily and culture
but basially ithink if he approaches the family wiht intention of asking about marriage..islamically he is allowed to see her without headfsarf

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Question: If a young man proposes marriage to a young lady is it obligatory that he sees her? Also, is it correct that the young lady uncover her head to show more of her beauty to her proposing fiance? Please benefit us and may Allaah benefit you.

Answer: There is no harm (in the man seeing her), however it is not obligatory. Rather, it is recommended that he sees her and she sees him, because the Prophet (Sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) commanded the one who proposed marriage to look at the woman. This is because that is better for causing agreement and harmony between them. So if she uncovers her face for him, and her hands and her head, there is no harm in that according to the correct opinion. Some of the people of knowledge have said that it is sufficient for her to uncover the face and the two hands. However, the correct opinion is that there is no harm in him seeing her head, face, hands and feet, based upon the mentioned hadeeth (above). However, this is not permissible with him being alone with her. Rather, her father, or brother, or someone else must be with them. This is because the Prophet (Sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "A man must never be alone with a woman unless there is someone who is a Mahram with them." (Agreed upon in Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree and Saheeh Muslim.) He (Sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) also said, "A man must never be alone with a woman, for verily the Satan is their third." (At-Tirmithee and Ahmad)

Source: Sheikh ibn Baz, Al-Fataawaa ash-Shar'iyyah fil-Masaa'il il-'Asriyyah min Fataawaa 'Ulamaa' il-Balad il-Haraam, pp. 498-499. Translated by Aqeel Walker

http://muttaqun.com/marriage.html

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
Thank you

Jazakallah Khair for your answers. So i can safely conclude that it is not unislamic for a guy to see a girl without headscarf if the intention is for marriage.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
how beautiful is Islam!it protects the women's dignity until they live in the honesty:ma:

yasak80

Esselamu aleykum sisters and brother
I know that if a man is not mahram to you , you are not allowed to show your hair.because he is not your husband on that time.

but people should see and talk with each other between the frames of halal while they have an intention to marry.

Generally I see that in practice , these boys mother check the girls hair or whatever,
because what if she hasnt got hair !!

it is narrated from Imam Muhammad Nur Abdullah of St. Louis, Missouri:
"When one of you asks a woman for marriage, if he is able to look at what will induce him to marry her, he should do so...." (Abu Dawud).

This means the two potential spouses can look at each other but not ogle or stare. Abdullah also noted that there is no limit on the number of times the two people can look at each other. However, both should fear Allah and remember the purpose of this is to satisfy the need for physical attraction to the person you are marrying. He also notes it is not permissible for a man to see a potential wife without Hijab, since he is not her Mahram (a relative with whom marriage is not possible, or legally her husband). Abdullah says seeing her face and hands are enough to determine attraction.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
From what I know, certain scholars say it is permissable for him to see her without her hijab on. However, I also know that she can refuse to take it off if she's not comfortable.