A question from Saudis!?

:salam2: everyone!!

After coming back from Saudi Arabia, i am aching to go back there!!
I was just wondering if foreigners can live in Saudi Arabia, like can they get a permanent ID there??

Thank you!!:SMILY84:

salah_khan

ASalamualikum

MashALLah that is a good sign,My friend has same attachment with saudi as you have.
I was Born in saudi and My Parents are living there for more than 30 years eventhough i am not a Saudi nor my Parents,My brother is married to Saudi Girl so INshAllah he will get Nationality or at least he can stay there indefinitely , I am an Indian by origin.
There are different ways you get stay in Saudi, currently they have relaxed certain visas.You can get a Business Investor visa,Employment Visa and Diplomatic Visas and so on.
I recommend you to try for a Employment Visa which is fairly simple than others.
Allah Knows Best

Hope this answers your question

Asalamualikum

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
Assalamu Alaikum

I had the same question too sister. I went for Umrah last year and left my heart back in Madinah. It would be a dream come true to settle there.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Yes me too. I wish I can live and die and Madina [InshALLAH] the blessed city of our Prophet Mohammed Sallahu Alayhis Sallam

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamu Alaikum

I had the same question too sister. I went for Umrah last year and left my heart back in Madinah. It would be a dream come true to settle there.

I have not yet been there, but my heart has...seems its been there for a long time now.

Earth to Mesbah: No mahram, no chance.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
yes it's close to impossible.
and that's true for the whole of middle east

Yes they are very protective interms of there society.
Well some lucky people got who where at high level jobs like my friend's aunt of Indian origin was a doctor to the royal family in the 80's she is saudi now.

I think if they really need you badly and with good connection you could get it but its only for lucky ones too bad..

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
9- Saudi Citizenship can be granted for foreigners if the following conditions are met:
a- The applicant must be above the legal age while applying.
b- The applicant must not be crazy or insane.
c- While applying, the following conditions must be considered:
1- He must have permanent Resident Permit (Iqama) inside the Kingdom for five years continuously as minimum.
2- He must have good behaviour.
3- Never sentenced to criminal judgment or imprisonment for more than six months.

4- He must poof that his income is legal.

The applicant's permanent Resident Permit and legal passport (or any other valid document) must be attached to the Citizenship application. In addition, all documents that prove the requirements of this system must be
attached.

:salam2:

From the link akhi ahmed_indian posted. Well the criteria for being in consideration doesn't seem to be really complex. By the way, what is a permanent resident permit ? And how do foreigners acquire it ? just curious

arzafar

From the link akhi ahmed_indian posted. Well the criteria for being in consideration doesn't seem to be really complex. By the way, what is a permanent resident permit ? And how do foreigners acquire it ? just curious

easiest way is to get a job there.
maybe i should apply to saudi aramco but they require experience!

Almaas

I never realised it was so difficult to permanently stay there.

I'd love to live there for like a year or so and Jeddah seems like an amazing place to live, I wish...

:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

permanent resident permit: to stay in the country forever. like wht US and UK gives.

saudi arabia hardly gives permanent resident permit. it only gives resident permit for the foreigners working in ksa. it is renewed after every 1-2 years.
if his employer dont renew it, expat have to go back to his home country or find another employer soon.

*to get "permanent resident permit" i.e. saudi citizenship, you need to be highly qualified and highly experienced.

i know atleast 3 muslims who got citizenship (indian, yemenese, bangladeshi). but they got because they are here since ages. (maybe 20-30 years or more).

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
permanent resident permit: to stay in the country forever. like wht US and UK gives.

saudi arabia hardly gives permanent resident permit. it only gives resident permit for the foreigners working in ksa. it is renewed after every 1-2 years.
if his employer dont renew it, expat have to go back to his home country or find another employer soon.

*to get "permanent resident permit" i.e. saudi citizenship, you need to be highly qualified and highly experienced.

i know atleast 3 muslims who got citizenship (indian, yemenese, bangladeshi). but they got because they are here since ages. (maybe 20-30 years or more).

JazakAllahu Khayran for your time akhi :).

Were the 3 muslims who got citizenship highly qualified in their field ? I ask because working 20 to 30 years in KSA sounds like someone is highly qualified and the govt doesn't want him/her to leave.

Also, does it count if you were born in KSA (coz your parents were working there) and then you lived there for a long period of time as a student, studied there and found a job in KSA, does that count towards getting a permanent residency card ?

Wasalamalaykum

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

JazakAllahu Khayran for your time akhi :).

Were the 3 muslims who got citizenship highly qualified in their field ? I ask because working 20 to 30 years in KSA sounds like someone is highly qualified and the govt doesn't want him/her to leave.

Also, does it count if you were born in KSA (coz your parents were working there) and then you lived there for a long period of time as a student, studied there and found a job in KSA, does that count towards getting a permanent residency card ?

Wasalamalaykum

wa iyyak bhai. :)

one of them is a doctor but other two are not so much qualified (as much as i know). but maybe because they helped saudi arabia to convert into modern nation, saudis love them. :)

and no, being born here and living whole ur childhood doesnt count at all.

MashALLah that is a good sign,My friend has same attachment with saudi as you have.
I was Born in saudi and My Parents are living there for more than 30 years eventhough i am not a Saudi nor my Parents,My brother is married to Saudi Girl so INshAllah he will get Nationality or at least he can stay there indefinitely , I am an Indian by origin.
There are different ways you get stay in Saudi, currently they have relaxed certain visas.You can get a Business Investor visa,Employment Visa and Diplomatic Visas and so on.
I recommend you to try for a Employment Visa which is fairly simple than others.
Allah Knows Best

Hope this answers your question

Asalamualikum

Thanks salah khan!!:shake:

Thank you every1 for answering my question! But i have another one...Can we get a job there as a teacher or a fashion designer (like holding a Masters degree or relative) and get the Permanent residency over there??

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Thank you every1 for answering my question! But i have another one...Can we get a job there as a teacher or a fashion designer (like holding a Masters degree or relative) and get the Permanent residency over there??

you need a mahram (relative like father, bro, husband) to reside in saudi arabia.

also, you will be under ur sponsor (a saudi) and he or she will renew ur contract after every 1-2 yrs. ur passport will be with him. he may renew the contract or send you back home.

many poor employees are cheated. many (not all) are not given their salaries for 4-6 months and when they ask, they are kicked out frm saudi arabia. saudi arabia is not as good as it seems.

it depends wht Allah has written in one's fate.