A question

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Salam,

I've been reading and hearing that during Miraj, when the Gibrael took our prophet (PBUH) to see Allah, he says that he can't go any further or the light will kill him. :confused:

But I mean what does that mean? I thought that the Angels see Allah everyday? So if they can see Allah everyday, then why don't they get burned everyday? And As i see Angels are made of light, so how come our prophet (PBUH) isn't affected by it, even though he is made of flesh? :confused:

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

I could not find the report you mentioned; consequently, I don't know. However, I did find this report of the journey. That you might enjoy reading:

The Prophet (Salla Alayhu 'Alayhi Wa Sallem)

A little further investigation uncovered that to which you referred. I found it here; however, as usual, I don't know anything about the website's author. So, you would have to investigate or, Insha 'Allaah someone else here will know.

The Meeting With Allaah.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

I could not find the report you mentioned; consequently, I don't know. However, I did find this report of the journey. That you might enjoy reading:

The Prophet (Salla Alayhu 'Alayhi Wa Sallem)

A little further investigation uncovered that to which you referred. I found it here; however, as usual, I don't know anything about the website's author. So, you would have to investigate or, Insha 'Allaah someone else here will know.

The Meeting With Allaah.

Salam brother Frank,

thanks for replying, im going through the links u give me, the first link doens't work, but the 2nd one works fine, im reading it currently :)

I hope other people reply to :)

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Salam,

I've been reading and hearing that during Miraj, when the Gibrael took our prophet (PBUH) to see Allah, he says that he can't go any further or the light will kill him. :confused:

But I mean what does that mean? I thought that the Angels see Allah everyday? So if they can see Allah everyday, then why don't they get burned everyday? And As i see Angels are made of light, so how come our prophet (PBUH) isn't affected by it, even though he is made of flesh? :confused:

:wasalam:

Please can you put the source from where you heard and read that.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
:wasalam:

Please can you put the source from where you heard and read that.

Brother I can't find it again..but i was looking for Alllah's unseen treasure on google (like what is it) and in like 1 part it was talking about Our Prophet (PBUH) and the Miraj.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Most of the Sahaabah were of the view that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not see Allaah with his eyes on the night of the Miraaj.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “Whoever told you that Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw his Lord was lying. He said that no vision can grasp him [cf. al-An’aam 6:103]…”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, al-Tawheed, 6832).

It was narrated that Abu Dharr said: “I asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), ‘Did you see your Lord?’ He said, ‘ He is veiled by Light, how could I see Him.’” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Eeman, 261).

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “ ‘The (Prophet’s) heart belied not what he saw, and indeed he saw Him at a second descent.’ [al-Najm 53:11-12] (This means that) he saw Him twice with his heart.” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Eemaan, 258).

Ibn al-Qayyim said: “ ‘Uthmaan ibn Sa’eed al-Daarimi said in his book al-Ru’yah that there was consensus among the Sahaabah that he [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] did not see his Lord on the night of the Mi’raaj. Some of them excluded Ibn ‘Abbaas and said that he was not one of those who said that. Our Shaykh says that this does not go against the facts, for Ibn ‘Abbaas did not say that he saw Him with the eyes in his head, and Ahmad relied upon this in one of the two reports narrated from him, where he says that he saw Him but he did not say that that was with the eyes in his head. The wording used by Ahmad is the same as that used by Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both). What indicates that what our Shaykh said about the meaning of the hadeeth of Abu Dharr is correct is the fact that in another hadeeth he said that His veil is Light. And Allaah knows best what the Light is that is mentioned in the hadeeth of Abu Dharr (may Allaah be pleased with him) where it says, ‘I saw Light.’”

Ijtimaa’ al-Juyoosh al-Islamiyyah, vol. 1, p. 12

Shaykh al-Islam (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Chapter: with regard to seeing Allaah, what was proven in al-Saheeh from Ibn ‘Abbaas is that he said: ‘Muhammad saw his Lord with his heart twice, and ‘Aa’ishah denied that he had seen Him. Some people reconciled these two reports by saying that ‘Aa’ishah denied that he saw Him with his eyes and Ibn ‘Abbaas affirmed that he saw Him with his heart. Some versions of the report narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas refers to seeing without specifying how, and others indicate that it was with the heart. Sometimes he says that Muhammad saw his Lord, and sometimes he says that Muhammad saw Him. There is no clear statement from Ibn ‘Abbaas which says that he saw Him with his eyes. Similarly Imaam Ahmad sometimes says that he saw Him and sometimes says that he saw Him with his heart. No one whom Ahmad heard said that he saw Him with his eyes. But some of his companions heard some of the words that did not specify how, and understood from that that he had seen Him with his eyes, just as some people heard the words of Ibn ‘Abbaas that did not specify how, and understood from that that he had seen Him with his eyes. But there is nothing in the evidence to prove that he saw Him with his eyes, and that was not narrated from any of the Sahaabah. There is nothing in the Qur’aan or Sunnah to indicate that, rather the saheeh texts which indicate that he did not see Him are more definitive. In Saheeh Muslim it is narrated that Abu Dharr said: ‘I asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Did you see your Lord?” He said, “He is veiled with Light, how could I see Him?”’ And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

‘Glorified (and Exalted) be He (Allaah) [above all that (evil) they associate with Him]

Who took His slave (Muhammad) for a journey by night from Al-Masjid Al-Haraam (at Makkah) to Al-Masjid Al-Aqsaa (in Jerusalem), the neighbourhood whereof We have blessed, in order that We might show him (Muhammad) of Our Ayaat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, etc.)’

[al-Isra’ 17:1]

If he had seen Him with his own eyes, that He would have mentioned that. The same applies to the words “Will you then dispute with him (Muhammad) about what he saw [during the Mi’raaj]?” [al-Najm 53:12 – interpretation of the meaning]. If he had seen Him with his own eyes, that would have been mentioned.

It is proven from the saheeh texts and from the consensus of the salaf (first generations) of this ummah that no one can see Allaah with his eyes in this world, with the exception of the claim made by some that our Prophet Muhammad alone saw Him. But they are agreed that the believers will see Allaah on the Day of Resurrection with their own eyes just as they see the sun and the moon (in this world).”

And Allaah knows best.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, vol. 6, p. 509-510.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

I fixed the link and it seems to work okay now.

The closest that I could find to the account was at the second link in my first post of this thread. That mentions The Archangel Jibreel stopping; however, the part about dying isn't mentioned there:

Then the Prophet (SAW) and Jibraeel (AS) came out of the Mosque and in the company of Mikaeel (AS) and other angels they headed for the seven heavens. They were allowed to enter each heaven after the archangel had responded to the enquiries regarding his companion and whether he had been sent for. In the first and the seventh heaven, the Prophet was greeted by Adam and Ibraheem (Alaihimassalam) who greeted him addressing him as Pious or Right-Acting Prophet and Pious Right-Acting son and said, "How blessed is your arrival here!" They said, "Marhaban bi-Ibnis-Saleh wa bi-nabias-Salih-- fa ni'am al Mujee'a jae.]

From the second to the sixth heaven, the Messenger of Allah (SAW) met 'Isa and Yahya, Yusuf, Idris, Haroon, and Moosa Alaihimissalam who greeted him addressing him as Pious Right-Acting Brother and Pious Right-Acting Prophet and they said, "How blessed or blissful is your arrival here!" They said,

[Marhaban bi-Akhu-us-Saleh wa bi-nabias-Salih-- fa ni'am al Mujee'a jae.]

Beyond the Furthest Lote-Tree [Sidratul Muntaha]

The Meeting With Allah (SWT)

The archangel Jibraeel (AS) stopped at the Sidratul Muntaha and the Messenger of Allah was brought into the Presence of Allah (SWT). During this Meeting with His Lord, Muhammad (SAW) was greeted with the greetings of peace: [Attahayyatu lillahi Assalat wat-tayyebaat Assalamu 'Alaika Yaa Ayuhan-nabi]. There the Prophet (SAW) saw what he saw. His heart did not lie about what he saw. The eyes did not waver. And Allah revealed to the Messenger what He revealed. Then he drew nearer until Allah SWT says, "He drew nearer" and "He was at two-bows' length or even nearer."

"When there enshrouded the Lote-tree that which enshrouds,

the eye wavered not nor did it transgress.

Indeed he saw, of all the signs of his Lord, the greatest." (Surah An-Najm 53: 16-18.

a_stranger

Salam,

:salam2:

When the angel come to the prophet salla Allah alaihi wa salam as an angel our prophet were very much affected while when the angel comein a shape of man it wa easer :

`A'ishah, the Mother of the Believers, narrated, "The commencement of the divine inspiration to the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) started in the form of good dreams which came true like bright daylight, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hiraa' where he used to worship Allah alone continuously for many days before his desire to see his family. He used to take enough food for many nights and then come back to (his wife) Khadijah to take his food likewise again. Suddenly the truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hiraa'.

The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet replied, "I do not know how to read." The Prophet added, "The angel caught me (forcibly) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read. I replied, "I do not know how to read". Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read, but again I replied, "I do not know how to read" (or what shall I read?). Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, (Read, in the name of Your Lord, who created, created man from a clot. Read! And Your Lord is the most bountiful. ) "

The narration goes on to tell us that the Prophet went back to his wife Khadijah and recounted to her his dreadful experience. She comforted him and both of them consulted Waraqah ibn Nawfal, Khadijah's relative and a learned Christian, about it. Waraqah told Muhammad that he had encountered the very one whom Allah had sent to Moses, and that he would be driven out by his people.

`A'ishah, the Mother of the Believers, narrated that Al-Harith ibn Hisham asked the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him): "O Allah's apostle. How is the divine inspiration revealed to you?" The Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) replied,
"Sometimes it is "revealed" like the ringing of a bell, this is the hardest of all, and then it passes off after I have grasped what is inspired. Sometimes the Angel comes in the form of a man and talks to me and I grasp whatever he says." (Al-Bukhari)

The First Received Revelation

The first revelation that Prophet Muhammad received is the first verses from Surat Al-`Alaq:

(Read, in the name of Your Lord, who created, created man from a clot (`alaq). Read! And Your Lord is the most bountiful, Who taught (to write) with the pen. Taught man what he knew not. ) (Al-`Alaq 96:1–5)

:salah:

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

All of the accounts that I have been reading say that Gabriel accompanied Muhammad into the seventh heaven; so, I would have to say that the best answer so far is by Abu Talid, "Please can you put the source from where you heard and read that." The one thing that I am learning is that it is extremely important to know the source and the authentic narration of that source. I can type the simplest search about Islam and get some of the most outrageous results. It would be so nice if everyone followed Al Quran and the authentic hadith instead of all this Google Islam. Unfortunately, Google Islam is all that is available to many of us. I would say don't trouble yourself with speculation based on false narratives.

I learned along time ago, before even reverting to Islam, that Allah deals with what is and Shaitan seems to deal with what was or might be. This is not hadith or sunnah or Al Quran. But, most of the anxiety that I experienced in my life were of hypothetical things that never came to be or mistakes that I made and had repented and asked for forgiveness already.

A'uzu billahi min ash shaitani r rajimi

A'uzu =I seek protection
bi=with
llahi=God
min=from
ash shaitani =Satan

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Salam,

:salam2:,

I know what you're talking about even though I can't find an exact source for it. What I had heard was slightly different from what you stated. Instead of saying that "he can't go any further or the light will kill him" what I had heard was that as soon as they were about to approach the Arsh of Allah, Jibril A.S. had said that he couldn't go past that point otherwise his wings would burn. I don't think this is in many accounts of the Miraj but the first time the story was told to me by my mother, she included this.

Where are you from? I'm wondering if this is an account that South Asians go by...

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
The Qur’an, chapter 17 (Al-Isra), verse 1:
“Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things).— translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali”

The Qur’an, chapter 17 (Al-Isra), verse 60:
“Behold! We told thee that thy Lord doth encompass mankind round about: We granted the vision which We showed thee, but as a trial for men,- as also the Cursed Tree (mentioned) in the Qur’an: We put terror (and warning) into them, but it only increases their inordinate transgression!— translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali”

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39289&highlight=Isra+Mi'raj

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16099&highlight=Isra+Mi'raj

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38893&highlight=Isra+Mi'raj

Sahih Al-Bukhari 4:429

Sahih Al-Bukhari 5.227

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 77, Number 610:

Volume 7, Book 69, Number 482:

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Most of the Sahaabah were of the view that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not see Allaah with his eyes on the night of the Miraaj.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “Whoever told you that Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw his Lord was lying. He said that no vision can grasp him [cf. al-An’aam 6:103]…”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, al-Tawheed, 6832).

It was narrated that Abu Dharr said: “I asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), ‘Did you see your Lord?’ He said, ‘ He is veiled by Light, how could I see Him.’” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Eeman, 261).

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “ ‘The (Prophet’s) heart belied not what he saw, and indeed he saw Him at a second descent.’ [al-Najm 53:11-12] (This means that) he saw Him twice with his heart.” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Eemaan, 258).

Ibn al-Qayyim said: “ ‘Uthmaan ibn Sa’eed al-Daarimi said in his book al-Ru’yah that there was consensus among the Sahaabah that he [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] did not see his Lord on the night of the Mi’raaj. Some of them excluded Ibn ‘Abbaas and said that he was not one of those who said that. Our Shaykh says that this does not go against the facts, for Ibn ‘Abbaas did not say that he saw Him with the eyes in his head, and Ahmad relied upon this in one of the two reports narrated from him, where he says that he saw Him but he did not say that that was with the eyes in his head. The wording used by Ahmad is the same as that used by Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both). What indicates that what our Shaykh said about the meaning of the hadeeth of Abu Dharr is correct is the fact that in another hadeeth he said that His veil is Light. And Allaah knows best what the Light is that is mentioned in the hadeeth of Abu Dharr (may Allaah be pleased with him) where it says, ‘I saw Light.’”

Ijtimaa’ al-Juyoosh al-Islamiyyah, vol. 1, p. 12

Shaykh al-Islam (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Chapter: with regard to seeing Allaah, what was proven in al-Saheeh from Ibn ‘Abbaas is that he said: ‘Muhammad saw his Lord with his heart twice, and ‘Aa’ishah denied that he had seen Him. Some people reconciled these two reports by saying that ‘Aa’ishah denied that he saw Him with his eyes and Ibn ‘Abbaas affirmed that he saw Him with his heart. Some versions of the report narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas refers to seeing without specifying how, and others indicate that it was with the heart. Sometimes he says that Muhammad saw his Lord, and sometimes he says that Muhammad saw Him. There is no clear statement from Ibn ‘Abbaas which says that he saw Him with his eyes. Similarly Imaam Ahmad sometimes says that he saw Him and sometimes says that he saw Him with his heart. No one whom Ahmad heard said that he saw Him with his eyes. But some of his companions heard some of the words that did not specify how, and understood from that that he had seen Him with his eyes, just as some people heard the words of Ibn ‘Abbaas that did not specify how, and understood from that that he had seen Him with his eyes. But there is nothing in the evidence to prove that he saw Him with his eyes, and that was not narrated from any of the Sahaabah. There is nothing in the Qur’aan or Sunnah to indicate that, rather the saheeh texts which indicate that he did not see Him are more definitive. In Saheeh Muslim it is narrated that Abu Dharr said: ‘I asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Did you see your Lord?” He said, “He is veiled with Light, how could I see Him?”’ And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

‘Glorified (and Exalted) be He (Allaah) [above all that (evil) they associate with Him]

Who took His slave (Muhammad) for a journey by night from Al-Masjid Al-Haraam (at Makkah) to Al-Masjid Al-Aqsaa (in Jerusalem), the neighbourhood whereof We have blessed, in order that We might show him (Muhammad) of Our Ayaat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, etc.)’

[al-Isra’ 17:1]

If he had seen Him with his own eyes, that He would have mentioned that. The same applies to the words “Will you then dispute with him (Muhammad) about what he saw [during the Mi’raaj]?” [al-Najm 53:12 – interpretation of the meaning]. If he had seen Him with his own eyes, that would have been mentioned.

It is proven from the saheeh texts and from the consensus of the salaf (first generations) of this ummah that no one can see Allaah with his eyes in this world, with the exception of the claim made by some that our Prophet Muhammad alone saw Him. But they are agreed that the believers will see Allaah on the Day of Resurrection with their own eyes just as they see the sun and the moon (in this world).”

And Allaah knows best.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, vol. 6, p. 509-510.

As Salamu 'Alaykum,

I fixed the link and it seems to work okay now.

The closest that I could find to the account was at the second link in my first post of this thread. That mentions The Archangel Jibreel stopping; however, the part about dying isn't mentioned there:

Then the Prophet (SAW) and Jibraeel (AS) came out of the Mosque and in the company of Mikaeel (AS) and other angels they headed for the seven heavens. They were allowed to enter each heaven after the archangel had responded to the enquiries regarding his companion and whether he had been sent for. In the first and the seventh heaven, the Prophet was greeted by Adam and Ibraheem (Alaihimassalam) who greeted him addressing him as Pious or Right-Acting Prophet and Pious Right-Acting son and said, "How blessed is your arrival here!" They said, "Marhaban bi-Ibnis-Saleh wa bi-nabias-Salih-- fa ni'am al Mujee'a jae.]

From the second to the sixth heaven, the Messenger of Allah (SAW) met 'Isa and Yahya, Yusuf, Idris, Haroon, and Moosa Alaihimissalam who greeted him addressing him as Pious Right-Acting Brother and Pious Right-Acting Prophet and they said, "How blessed or blissful is your arrival here!" They said,

[Marhaban bi-Akhu-us-Saleh wa bi-nabias-Salih-- fa ni'am al Mujee'a jae.]

Beyond the Furthest Lote-Tree [Sidratul Muntaha]

The Meeting With Allah (SWT)

The archangel Jibraeel (AS) stopped at the Sidratul Muntaha and the Messenger of Allah was brought into the Presence of Allah (SWT). During this Meeting with His Lord, Muhammad (SAW) was greeted with the greetings of peace: [Attahayyatu lillahi Assalat wat-tayyebaat Assalamu 'Alaika Yaa Ayuhan-nabi]. There the Prophet (SAW) saw what he saw. His heart did not lie about what he saw. The eyes did not waver. And Allah revealed to the Messenger what He revealed. Then he drew nearer until Allah SWT says, "He drew nearer" and "He was at two-bows' length or even nearer."

"When there enshrouded the Lote-tree that which enshrouds,

the eye wavered not nor did it transgress.

Indeed he saw, of all the signs of his Lord, the greatest." (Surah An-Najm 53: 16-18.

:salam2:

When the angel come to the prophet salla Allah alaihi wa salam as an angel our prophet were very much affected while when the angel comein a shape of man it wa easer :

`A'ishah, the Mother of the Believers, narrated, "The commencement of the divine inspiration to the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) started in the form of good dreams which came true like bright daylight, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hiraa' where he used to worship Allah alone continuously for many days before his desire to see his family. He used to take enough food for many nights and then come back to (his wife) Khadijah to take his food likewise again. Suddenly the truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hiraa'.

The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet replied, "I do not know how to read." The Prophet added, "The angel caught me (forcibly) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read. I replied, "I do not know how to read". Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read, but again I replied, "I do not know how to read" (or what shall I read?). Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, (Read, in the name of Your Lord, who created, created man from a clot. Read! And Your Lord is the most bountiful. ) "

The narration goes on to tell us that the Prophet went back to his wife Khadijah and recounted to her his dreadful experience. She comforted him and both of them consulted Waraqah ibn Nawfal, Khadijah's relative and a learned Christian, about it. Waraqah told Muhammad that he had encountered the very one whom Allah had sent to Moses, and that he would be driven out by his people.

`A'ishah, the Mother of the Believers, narrated that Al-Harith ibn Hisham asked the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him): "O Allah's apostle. How is the divine inspiration revealed to you?" The Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) replied,
"Sometimes it is "revealed" like the ringing of a bell, this is the hardest of all, and then it passes off after I have grasped what is inspired. Sometimes the Angel comes in the form of a man and talks to me and I grasp whatever he says." (Al-Bukhari)

The First Received Revelation

The first revelation that Prophet Muhammad received is the first verses from Surat Al-`Alaq:

(Read, in the name of Your Lord, who created, created man from a clot (`alaq). Read! And Your Lord is the most bountiful, Who taught (to write) with the pen. Taught man what he knew not. ) (Al-`Alaq 96:1–5)

:salah:

As Salamu 'Alaykum,

All of the accounts that I have been reading say that Gabriel accompanied Muhammad into the seventh heaven; so, I would have to say that the best answer so far is by Abu Talid, "Please can you put the source from where you heard and read that." The one thing that I am learning is that it is extremely important to know the source and the authentic narration of that source. I can type the simplest search about Islam and get some of the most outrageous results. It would be so nice if everyone followed Al Quran and the authentic hadith instead of all this Google Islam. Unfortunately, Google Islam is all that is available to many of us. I would say don't trouble yourself with speculation based on false narratives.

I learned along time ago, before even reverting to Islam, that Allah deals with what is and Shaitan seems to deal with what was or might be. This is not hadith or sunnah or Al Quran. But, most of the anxiety that I experienced in my life were of hypothetical things that never came to be or mistakes that I made and had repented and asked for forgiveness already.

A'uzu billahi min ash shaitani r rajimi

A'uzu =I seek protection
bi=with
llahi=God
min=from
ash shaitani =Satan

Terrific conclusion, brother, masha-Allah. This applies to His legislation and rulings too. The Sharia deals with the real world and knows human nature and the way of the cosmos, while man-made laws keep changing as new realizations set in and are often based on wishful thinking or prejudices.

To finish,
r rajeemi=the stoned (or castaway) one.

BTW, the reason the definitive article "al" is sometimes spelled in transliterations without the "a", as in the example of "r rajeemi" is because it is joined with a preceding vowel and thus making the pronunciation easier. It's like what happens to the "e" in the French article "le" when the following word start with a vowel, e.g., l'infant (the child).

You may have noticed that in the words of the Shahaada. You don't say "rasoolu Allaah", you say instead "rasoo lullaah."

Also, the reason the "l" in "al" is sometimes changed to another consonant, is to match the following consonant and thus make the pronunciatin easier. This is what happened in the example of "r rajeemi", the "l" became an "r" to match the "r" of "rajeemi." The consonants that cause this diffusion, called in Arabic grammar the Sunny Consonants, are:

ت=t, thin as in tip
ث=th, thin as in "think"
د=d, thin as in dad
ذ=th, thin as in "this"
ر=r
ز=z
س=s, thin as in Sam
ش=sh
ص=s, thick as in son
ض=dh, a thick d as in double
ط=t, thick as in ton
ظ=zh, a thick th as in thy
ن=n

:salam2:,

I know what you're talking about even though I can't find an exact source for it. What I had heard was slightly different from what you stated. Instead of saying that "he can't go any further or the light will kill him" what I had heard was that as soon as they were about to approach the Arsh of Allah, Jibril A.S. had said that he couldn't go past that point otherwise his wings would burn. I don't think this is in many accounts of the Miraj but the first time the story was told to me by my mother, she included this.

Where are you from? I'm wondering if this is an account that South Asians go by...

The Qur’an, chapter 17 (Al-Isra), verse 1:
“Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things).— translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali”

The Qur’an, chapter 17 (Al-Isra), verse 60:
“Behold! We told thee that thy Lord doth encompass mankind round about: We granted the vision which We showed thee, but as a trial for men,- as also the Cursed Tree (mentioned) in the Qur’an: We put terror (and warning) into them, but it only increases their inordinate transgression!— translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali”

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39289&highlight=Isra+Mi'raj

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16099&highlight=Isra+Mi'raj

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38893&highlight=Isra+Mi'raj

Sahih Al-Bukhari 4:429

Sahih Al-Bukhari 5.227

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 77, Number 610:

Volume 7, Book 69, Number 482:

Thank you all. The information you posted inshallah i will keep for future reference. I also like Brother Franks quote :D

But yes the archangel did state that his wings would burn, disintrigrate and be destroyed. the next line he stated that in fact if that happens and if the archangel actually goes further the angel himself might get destroyed..I don't know if thats possible :confused:

Also yes googling Islam doesn't work as some info is wrong and google just stores them with the tag Islam...

Muhammad_fajr

Assalam Alaykum Dear All

Thanks Brother Abu Talib For ur right Reply in ur Post Here

and i'll Add that

The Prophet:saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that no one will see his Lord until he dies. This was narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh. When the Messenger of Allaah :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked whether he had seen his Lord, he said: “I saw Light.” This was narrated by Muslim from Abu Dharr (may Allaah be pleased with him).

‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) was asked about that and she said that no one will see Him in this world, because seeing Allaah in Paradise is the greatest blessing for the Muslims, so that will happen only to the people of Paradise and the believers in the Hereafter, and to the believers in the place of standing on the Day of Resurrection. This world is the abode of trial and testing, the place shared by both good and evil people, so it is not the place for seeing Allaah, for seeing Him is the greatest blessing, so Allaah has saved it for His believing slaves in the abode of honour on the Day of Resurrection.

With regard to seeing Allaah in a dream as many people claim to have done, that varies according to the situation of the one who saw that – as Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah – may Allaah have mercy on him) said – how righteous and pious the person is. Some people may imagine that they have seen Allaah when that is not the case, for the Shaytaan may appear to them and make them think that he is their Lord, as it was narrated that he appeared to ‘Abd al-Qaadir al-Jeelaani on a throne above the water, and said, “I am your lord and I have relieved you of obligations.” Shaykh ‘Abd al-Qaadir said: “Shut up, O enemy of Allaah, you are not my Lord, because the commands of my Lord can never be lifted from those who are accountable.” Or words to that effect. The point is that seeing Allaah when awake cannot happen to anyone in this world, not even the Prophets (peace be upon them), as stated above in the hadeeth of Abu Dharr. This is also indicated by the words of Allaah to Moosa (peace be upon him) when he asked his Lord to let him see Him. He said to him (interpretation of the meaning):

“You cannot see Me”

[al-A’raaf 7:143]

But the Prophets and some of the righteous may see Him in a dream in a manner that does not resemble any of His creation, as stated above in the hadeeth of Mu’aadh (may Allaah be pleased with him). But if there is a command to do something that goes against sharee’ah, this is a sign that he has not seen his Lord, rather he has seen a devil. If he sees that he is telling him, Do not pray for you have been relieved of obligations, or you do not have to pay zakaah, or you do not have to fast Ramadaan, or you do not have to honour parents, or he says it does not matter if you consume riba (usury, interest) – all such things are signs that he has seen a devil and has not seen his Lord. With regard to the reports of Imam Ahmad seeing his Lord, I do not know if they are sound or not. It was said that he saw his Lord but I do not know if that is true.

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah li’l-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 6/367

<wasalam>

Mühammed

Aisha. joyo

~ALLAH 0 AKBAR~
Salam,

I've been reading and hearing that during Miraj, when the Gibrael took our prophet (PBUH) to see Allah, he says that he can't go any further or the light

Salam Ma brother do you know dat that the prophet didn't saw Allah (SWT) he heared the voice of Allah i think :confused: correct me brother's and sister's if am wrong.