About changing name

Renee

Salaam

I have started to think about changing my first name to a muslim name but I don't know what name to choose. Is there any sites with names I could check out?

D.Ahmed

Believer
Salaam Sister.

The meaning of the name Renee is Reborn
The origin of the name Renee is French
Alternate spellings: Renae

So your name kinda suits you in that your a "reborn" Muslimah :) So perhaps you should keep your name and maybe Add a nice Muslimah meaning name too.
Just a suggestion though. lol

:wasalam:

massi

Assalam Alaikom

you don't need to change it as KSA_lover told you

but if you want to , so I suggest : Rania ^^

Renee

I knew my name means reborn which is kinda ironic because this is the second time I get reborn.

Thanks for the list anyway. I noticed the name Shakira was on it and it reminded me of once reading that one of the famous singers parents is muslim although I don't remember if it's the father or mother in this case. So I wonder, if she's half-muslim by birth, is she practicing muslim? Or is she catholic as that is most common in Latin-America? Or is she atheist?

Isra

aka Tree2008
Wa alaikome salam

When I took my shahada in Morocco the family I stayed with were helping me choose my Muslim name and they just threw a whole bunch of names out there. I had narrowed my choices down to Sarah or Mariam but then someone mentioned Isra and my heart litterally skipped a beat so I knew right then that was my name.

My suggestion is take your time so that you can find a name you really FEEL and that way you will be satisfied with that name forever inshallah.

Renee

I haven't found any that really appeal to me yet, so I might keep my name after all.

kiki18

I knew my name means reborn which is kinda ironic because this is the second time I get reborn.

Thanks for the list anyway. I noticed the name Shakira was on it and it reminded me of once reading that one of the famous singers parents is muslim although I don't remember if it's the father or mother in this case. So I wonder, if she's half-muslim by birth, is she practicing muslim? Or is she catholic as that is most common in Latin-America? Or is she atheist?

her father is the one. i don't think she's muslim, because i've seen her music videos. not so islamic. she does know quite a bit of arabic though. and i'm sorry but, how can anybody be half muslim? hehe :p

Manaal_e_Afghan

Walaikum Salaam wr wb

InshAllah i wish You all da best to choose a perfect Islamic name for yourself

I'ld suggest

Emaan
Momina
Mariyaa Lolz Thats My name
Javeria

aishahbbg

funny we would be talking about names... years ago when i reverted my name was marie alma (ouch!) but not knowing what they meant, i changed it to sahara which i thought menat rightly guided, because i WAS rightly guided. then it got changed by my first husband, then again. now after all that changing i realize that marie was maryam and alma was just one letter short of alima! that's my long version of advise to keep still for a while on the name changing...!

Miss Aaliyah

Salam,
I haven't changed my name by papers yet, only calling myself Aaliyah through Internet and between some muslims too. The majority still call me my original name though. When I was thinking about a Muslim name I knew I didn't have to have one, but since I wanted one to always see I am a Muslim even by name I started to look around. My main thing wasn't to find a beautiful name, but to find the meaning of a name that suits me well. That's when I found Aaliyah, fell in love with it and chose it. So look for the meaning of the name too, before you just choose.

This webpage is really good and easy to use: http://www.babynameguide.com/categoryarabic.asp?strCat=Arabic

sommi

though you don't have to change your name, but i think its good idea to do so, otherwise non-Muslims (specially your previous community give you a look as you have done wrong to them)

i had that problem and i couldn't take it, so now i have changed my name and im really happy that i finally did it. :hijabi:

kayenat

hey sis u can find so many good names as
somaia
sadia
sodaba
haseena
nadia
faiza my name hahah
tayeba choose one tell us we wait so can make party for it hahahl oloss
ok sister hop u have power n strength n all path of life.

shahzadkhokhar

Mashallah u have nice Pic of Gumbade khizra,

Asslam o alikum Aaliyah,

Aaliyah is also good name . do u wann to change ur name then ,
maryam, fatima, hamna, ayesha, khatija, u have to think in these name
inshallah