admin& mods

warda A

Sister
:salam2:
I hope all are well :inshallah:
I would like to make a suggestion and see also if members agree,(we are democratic afterall)
could you add under the username /avatar : the word sister/brother?(gender)
that could help in all the confusion going on, you see we keep on writing dear sister/brother or we confuse the genders, it would make it easier,
what do you say dear brothers/sisters eeh?
you want to vote on it?:lol:
I hope i made some sense

:wasalam:

Forgot to ask , is there a forum for suggestion??

Faiza619

Strangers on earth
Assalamo alaikom, nobody will think warda-rose(مؤنّث)is a boy, or adriatic_boy is a girl:SMILY286:, so we dont care.

Very true but would someone who does not know Arabic know that FAIZA is a girls name?
Hehehehe

Think about that Adriatic _Boy :SMILY149:

Brother
hey thats a good idea but how about we just write our genders under our avatars ourselves or something. its true some of the names are hard to tell.. eg like ive got brother under mine.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

Yes please, thats a great idea, I think we could all benefit from such a measure.

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
Assalamu Alaykum,

Very good idea, it would be very useful, as i always recieve complaints about me calling people by the wrong gender.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Assalamu Alaykum,

Very good idea, it would be very useful, as i always recieve complaints about me calling people by the wrong gender.

Well , bro if anyone start calling you a sister from today onwards, i do not know what to say...

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
hey thats a good idea but how about we just write our genders under our avatars ourselves or something. its true some of the names are hard to tell.. eg like ive got brother under mine.

Wa aleikum salaam,

Let's have a practical example:

If i wanted to name 1234, or to reply to him/her..i have 50% of getting his gender wrong..and people get offended rather quickly these days..so I guess it's a good idea..:)

ayman

La Ilaha Illa Allah
Staff member
i
i just want to correct something which has been written in this thread .
we are democratic afterall = we are not democratic, we are muslims and we have Shura, if u look at the definition of "democracy", u´ll see that it is not islamic.
jazakumullahu khayran
salam

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Salaam,

Sorry but i disagree! I think posting to a thread with out knowning the gender of the person is a good idea. The only think you should say is Salaam and you real don't need to know their gender. We are humans and the way we response to each other is sometime effect by our gender. The tone we use is effect by the posters gender so i disagree.

warda A

Sister
confusion

i
i just want to correct something which has been written in this thread .
we are democratic afterall = we are not democratic, we are muslims and we have Shura, if u look at the definition of "democracy", u´ll see that it is not islamic.
jazakumullahu khayran
salam

brother ayman (i know you are brother from your name because am an arab and that is an arabic name LOLZ)
do not get me wrong, that was meant by people have choices, we agree it is ok or we do not. like we have already 2 diasgreement and look at the positive anwers, that is what i meant by democratic.
no offence to anyone.

:tti_sister:

al-muslimah

Yup I agree! somtimes its hard to tell if the one you are responding to, is a male or a female, so i guess this idea will solve a problem:D

hijab_sister

ALLAH is in my heart
I hope all are well :inshallah:
I would like to make a suggestion and see also if members agree,(we are democratic afterall)
could you add under the username /avatar : the word sister/brother?(gender)
that could help in all the confusion going on, you see we keep on writing dear sister/brother or we confuse the genders, it would make it easier,
what do you say dear brothers/sisters eeh?
you want to vote on it?:lol:
I hope i made some sense

Forgot to ask , is there a forum for suggestion??
salam sister
aha nice suggestion.
infact i had this in my mind.
n u got it here.
nice.
FI AMANILLAH

absolutely good idea.

Jazakallah for suggetion

There are 100 threads where one brother said to another brother taht : pstt he is not a girl or she is not a boy.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Baarak Allaah feeki for the suggestion, maybe then people will know I'm a man (I thought the name was obvious). Democratic? I hope not!

Brother
We can do this ouselves and put in our gender under the avatar any way....will do mine.... :)

salaam,

sister thats also what i said we dont need the mods to do it like ive got brother under mine.
but if ever1 wants to then y not.