afghan woman stoned

Precious Star

Asalaamu Alaikum,

I If the Taliban killed innocent civilians, then their Leader wouldn't have made this statement just a few days ago -

KABUL: The Taliban’s reclusive leader Mullah Umar said in a Muslim holiday message on Friday that his fighters must protect Afghan civilians, who are dying in rising numbers, so the insurgency can maintain good relations with the population.

Mullah Muhammad Umar posted his message on the Taliban’s website ahead of next week’s Eidul Azha, or Feast of Sacrifice, when Muslims around the world slaughter sheep and cattle in remembrance of Prophet Ibrahim’s (AS) near-sacrifice of his son.
If it is irrefutably proven that the blood of innocent Muslims is spilled by the negligence of mujahedeen, then a penalty should be implemented in accordance with Shariah (Islamic law) and all steps should be taken to seek the pardon” of those affected by the killings, he said.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2011\11\05\story_5-11-2011_pg7_5

I just know that the Taliban's intentions are good, they want good for their people, not bad.

Sister, you quoted from the daily times. Are you telling us that this is a reliable news source? Read that article carefully and look at where they are getting their information.

We can't pick and choose. If you see a favourable article in a certain news source, then you can't later diminish an article in the same news source just because it doesn't sound right and shatters your world (i'm not speaking specifically of you, sister. I'm talking generally). This article obtained its information from US and UN-based sources. Go figure.

Finally, where is the convincing information that supports your statement that "the Taliban's intentions are good, they want good for their people"?? Where is that? For me, that all went out the window when they bombed those children in the school bus, and unashamedly accepted responsibility for it as a punishment against the children's parents. They killed children, sister, and did not offer remorse or compensation. If it was your child you would be singing a different story right now.

lovefordeen

Assalaam walaikum,

We all cringe when we hear stories like this.

But, the issue here is the source of the stories. The BBC is a source not to be believed. That is the limit of this post.

Why we post what the kufr write and get into debates about the thinking of the kufr puzzles me.

The issue of stoning women to death is a post all byitself and deserves serious attention.

It is an accepted fact that the Taliban take ownership of what they do.

I am not painting a beautiful rosy picture. But before we jump into discussion let us step back and consider the source...isn't there a hadeeth about accepting information and really looking at the source.

wa'alaikum assalaam

very well said,Aapa...

i say this not to offend anybody,but i was wondering why we would post something like this and have discussions about it,not knowing the truth..only Allah knows what happened,and why...

i don't understand why we get into discussions about such things which may only be half true(agenda based) and help the non believers in giving a distorted image of islam..

May Allah forgive all muslims and unite us and make us follow the Qur'an and sunnah as one ummah..

Perseveranze

Sister, you quoted from the daily times. Are you telling us that this is a reliable news source? Read that article carefully and look at where they are getting their information.

We can't pick and choose. If you see a favourable article in a certain news source, then you can't later diminish an article in the same news source just because it doesn't sound right and shatters your world (i'm not speaking specifically of you, sister. I'm talking generally). This article obtained its information from US and UN-based sources. Go figure.

Finally, where is the convincing information that supports your statement that "the Taliban's intentions are good, they want good for their people"?? Where is that? For me, that all went out the window when they bombed those children in the school bus, and unashamedly accepted responsibility for it as a punishment against the children's parents. They killed children, sister, and did not offer remorse or compensation. If it was your child you would be singing a different story right now.

Asalaamu Alaikum,

May Allah guide you and let you see the error your making.

And I'll forgive you for missing this part aswell -

Mullah Muhammad Umar posted his message on the Taliban’s website ahead of next week’s Eidul Azha,

and

The message, which the Taliban posted in English and other languages, was reported by the US-based SITE Intel Group, which tracks militant websites. ap

Also, I'm a brother.

esperanza

revert of many years
truth or fiction

i know ihave started a very coontroversial subject but it bothers me
becasue these things do happen

the same story was reported on arabiyah....an arabic news channel

read carefully the woman was accused of a sin..but was it proven,,,, idont think so ..thats what bothers me,,

a punishment without any evidence or proof

According to a man who lived near the Afghan mother and daughter in eastern Afghanistan, the women had been accused of “immoral activities.” (Reuters)
inShare.0By AFP
Ghazni Afghanistan
A mother and daughter were killed in their home in eastern Afghanistan Friday by armed men who apparently accused them of “immoral activities,” officials and neighbors said.

The two attackers burst into the home of the widow and her daughter in Ghazni city at around 4:00 am and shot them dead, said Ghazni provincial police chief Zilawar Zahid.

The killings are the latest to highlight the dangers which many women in Afghanistan face 10 years after a U.S.-led invasion ousted the Taliban’s harsh regime which enforced repressive policies against women.

“They were killed inside their house,” said Zahid. “An investigation is under way to find out why they were killed and Afghan police have arrested two men in connection with the case.”

He denied media reports that the women were stoned to death.

A man who lived near the women, Mohammad Jan, said the women had been “accused of adultery and immoral activities.”

Women’s rights have improved in some parts of Afghanistan since the Taliban were forced out of power, but many still face violence, particularly in areas where the militant Islamists remain powerful such as Ghazni.

The Afghan Independent Human Rights Commission logged 1,026 cases of violence against women in the second quarter of 2011 compared to 2,700 cases for the whole of 2010.

And 87 percent of Afghan women have experienced physical, sexual or psychological violence, or forced marriage, according to figures quoted in a report by the charity Oxfam last month.

Perseveranze

i know ihave started a very coontroversial subject but it bothers me
becasue these things do happen

the same story was reported on arabiyah....an arabic news channel

read carefully the woman was accused of a sin..but was it proven,,,, idont think so ..thats what bothers me,,

a punishment without any evidence or proof

According to a man who lived near the Afghan mother and daughter in eastern Afghanistan, the women had been accused of “immoral activities.” (Reuters)
inShare.0By AFP
Ghazni Afghanistan
A mother and daughter were killed in their home in eastern Afghanistan Friday by armed men who apparently accused them of “immoral activities,” officials and neighbors said.

The two attackers burst into the home of the widow and her daughter in Ghazni city at around 4:00 am and shot them dead, said Ghazni provincial police chief Zilawar Zahid.

The killings are the latest to highlight the dangers which many women in Afghanistan face 10 years after a U.S.-led invasion ousted the Taliban’s harsh regime which enforced repressive policies against women.

“They were killed inside their house,” said Zahid. “An investigation is under way to find out why they were killed and Afghan police have arrested two men in connection with the case.”

He denied media reports that the women were stoned to death.

A man who lived near the women, Mohammad Jan, said the women had been “accused of adultery and immoral activities.”

Women’s rights have improved in some parts of Afghanistan since the Taliban were forced out of power, but many still face violence, particularly in areas where the militant Islamists remain powerful such as Ghazni.

The Afghan Independent Human Rights Commission logged 1,026 cases of violence against women in the second quarter of 2011 compared to 2,700 cases for the whole of 2010.

And 87 percent of Afghan women have experienced physical, sexual or psychological violence, or forced marriage, according to figures quoted in a report by the charity Oxfam last month.

I'm not sure who your getting your statistics from, but stuff like forced marraiges, physical/sexual violence against women only rose up since Taliban came out of power.

This is the whole reason people support the Taliban in Afghanistan, because they feel the current government isn't doing any justice and due to that, corruption is prevailing even further.

When the Taliban was in power, corruption was far less then it is today, people acknowledge this fact and remain in support of the Taliban, and yes they include women.

During the first term in Karzai's Presidency, public discontent grew about corruption and the civilian casualties in the 2001–present war. In May 2006, an anti-American and anti-Karzai riot took place in Kabul which left at least seven people dead and 40 injured.[30] In May 2007, after as many as 51 Afghan civilians were killed in a bombing, Karzai asserted that his government "can no longer accept" casualties caused by U.S. and NATO operations.[31]

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

This is not the work of the Taliban.

In the world that I live in we read the same stuff in different words...man kills wife with gun after he discovers she is having affair with his best friend...

stones or bullets...the women are still killed.

Here people shake their heads and move on..it does not become an international scandal...

and you know me....from on now on I can post every article I read of domestic violence in the US and crimes of passion.

Precious Star

I know a girl who recently travelled to Afghanistan, on a diplomatic mission. Very nice muslim girl, only 26 years old. She thought she was doing good.

The vehicle in whch she was travelling one day was bombed by the Taliban.

This girl almost lost her life. But she didn't. Instead, she lost her leg, almost lost the other one, and sustained severe internal injuries. She will never be the same. It has been 1.5 years and she is still in the hospital.

And no, I did not hear it on BBC. I heard it from her mother, her father, her sisters, her aunts, my own father who visited her in the hospital every day once she was returned to this country.

So I take offence at people who tell me that I am misinfrormed. I do not need your forgiveness Perzeverence, to be blunt. Trust me, I have spoken to MANY women who have experienced hardship in Afghanistan.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
The BBC may not be the most honest source, but they arent completely dishonest either. There have been many reports made by the BBC that have shown injustices committed by Americans or British against people in the Muslim world, that members of TTI have posted on this very site, yet we trust those negative reports that are made about them. We are also guilty of picking and choosing news that is convenient to us. Why won't we admit that the Taliban really aren't the nicest bunch of guys? Do you really believe that every single report about violence committed by the Taliban is some " Zionist " conspiracy?

Precious Star

The BBC may not be the most honest source, but they arent completely dishonest either. There have been many reports made by the BBC that have shown injustices committed by Americans or British against people in the Muslim world, that members of TTI have posted on this very site, yet we trust those negative reports that are made about them. We are also guilty of picking and choosing news that is convenient to us. Why won't we admit that the Taliban really aren't the nicest bunch of guys? Do you really believe that every single report about violence committed by the Taliban is some " Zionist " conspiracy?

I don't live in the UK. I have been bombarded by US-based news for years, CNN etc, and finally I got sick of it because they are basically a mouthpiece for the Republican party. I started examining the BBC and I agree with you sister nyerekareem. The anti-Islam bias that is blatant on US news is not as apparent in the BBC. Much of the BBC actually transitioned over to Al-Jazeera. I have been impressed with the quality of their programming and they often show perspectives that are rarely exposed on Americal news shows. The other one to watch/read is CBC.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It always boils down to the Taliban are bad guys..because the UK and US said so.

Yes, sister it was a relevant question.Once again..did the Taliban take responsibility for the bombing of the truck. Who reported it.

You see sister, you are openly supporting the kufr.

Why do you listen to mainstream media...why?

How did Zionism enter this???

Murdoch is not honest, either...I am waiting for the media zoo on Monday.

Precious Star

Assalaam walaikum,

It always boils down to the Taliban are bad guys..because the UK and US said so.

Yes, sister it was a relevant question.Once again..did the Taliban take responsibility for the bombing of the truck. Who reported it.

You see sister, you are openly supporting the kufr.

Why do you listen to mainstream media...why?

How did Zionism enter this???

Murdoch is not honest, either...I am waiting for the media zoo on Monday.

No Aapa. I am not supporting the "kufr".

For all the TTI loyalists herein, that is your scapegoat phrase.

I am supporting peace and justice for women.

I am supporting the Islamic principles of respect for women, for mothers, for unmarried girls who are trying to do good, for taking responsibility.

the Taliban are not my grandfathers. they are not my papa's. I don't owe allegiance to them. The only allegiance I owe is to my parents, and to Allah. The Allah I know will never condone what happened to that girl -- regardless of the country she represents.

And Aapa, the US and UK aren't the only ones who say the Taliban are the bad guys.

This girl's parents think they are the bad guys. They aren't any less muslim than you or any one else here on TTI.

The Saudi's hate the Taliban.

The CBC will never condone the Taliban.

I think it is very interesting that not once on this forum have I read uplifting stories about the concrete beneficial things that the Taliban are doing in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Not one. Are they opening schools for girls? Are they cracking down on violence against women? Are they ensuring that expectant mothers get adequate health care? Are they finally allowing female doctors into villages even if those doctors do not have a mehram with them? For all of you who brush aside media report about the Taliban, which is your right to do, not one of you has yet to share positive accounts with us. The Taliban controlled Afghanistan for years after the Soviets left; did Afghanistan thrive thereafter? Have Taliban-controlled areas continue to benefit from their presence? If so, how?

Truly, the proof is in the pudding.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
It is no secret that women are stoned in Afghanistan and Iran.

Dont forget Soraya M, she was a real person and a real sister in Islam. Her story and voice was heard, others were not. We cannot ignore this.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister, it is this simple..you have taken the words of the kufr as the truth.

I have asked you did the Taliban take responsibility for the bombing of the diplomatic mission..you did not provide proof.
What kind of diplomatic mission was this..you did not provide proof. What does her parents have to do with me being Muslim? Or anyone else on TTI.

If anything, sister, I always feel inadequate about my faith; I feel shame for the little I know, I Believe sister and in that I can not judge how Muslim someone is; I just work on Loving Allah.

Sister, slow down now...the Allah you know...I am not ready to go down that path at this moment. That is a very serious discussion. We can not compartmentalize Allah to fit our needs..it is the other way around...I seek to please Allah and make adjustments to my little ego to Please Him.

Well, sister since you asked I am sure there are members who will provide you with what is being done.

You said the Saudi's hate the Taliban; you did not say Muslims sister. You are getting so political. Where is the proof?

What is the agenda of those you hate sister. Please educate me as to why there is so much hate for a group of Muslims?

Sister Alf2; no we know women are stoned to death; women in the US are killed by guns..that is not the essence of this discussion. In the US we have a little catch phrase...it is called Domestic Violence..when we refer to anyone else we call them Taliban savages...Do you know the number of women who are beaten and killed here and the attackers get a slap on the wrist.

The key phrase that caught my eye was..The Taliban were blamed...and I wanted to know why. So far no one has answered me.

esperanza

revert of many years
assalam alakykum

dear sister aapa

firstly by listening to bbc .. iam not supporting the kufr..msny us channels are much more bias..until recently i know they even hardly reported outside news..

where do you get your news sister,,,

everyone immediately condemns bbc..lies about lybia ..syria ...afghanistan

one sister here has news from people have been to afghanistan

and i have spoken wiht people in syrai and lybia that back up bbc news

dear sister harb in my seond artile.. it says reported by independent human rights comission of afghanistan.. ithought you would believe the human rights organistation

im not reporting this to show taliban as bad bad bad,,,but to show afghan women are suffering

and just becasue usa has high level of domestic violence against women ..does not mean we should accept that happens in muslim lands....

this is what helps give wrong image of islam

just out of interest ,whih news resources do you listen to

Sakeena

It shocks me every day, how muslims are capable of such horrific brutality.

As muslims kill others on a daily basis, the rest of the muslim global community sit back and do nothing. And by doing nothing we allow Islam to be slandered, and we allow these barbaric "muslims" to continue their brutality.

I pray that this woman did not have other children, who are now orphaned. I hope that she died quickly without pain. I hope that the Taliban used a female to capture her so that she was not subjected to treatment by unknown men.

I agree 100% dear sis. So so sad. :girl3:

Precious Star

Assalaam walaikum,

Sister, it is this simple..you have taken the words of the kufr as the truth.

I have asked you did the Taliban take responsibility for the bombing of the diplomatic mission..you did not provide proof.
What kind of diplomatic mission was this..you did not provide proof. What does her parents have to do with me being Muslim? Or anyone else on TTI.

If anything, sister, I always feel inadequate about my faith; I feel shame for the little I know, I Believe sister and in that I can not judge how Muslim someone is; I just work on Loving Allah.

Sister, slow down now...the Allah you know...I am not ready to go down that path at this moment. That is a very serious discussion. We can not compartmentalize Allah to fit our needs..it is the other way around...I seek to please Allah and make adjustments to my little ego to Please Him.

Well, sister since you asked I am sure there are members who will provide you with what is being done.

You said the Saudi's hate the Taliban; you did not say Muslims sister. You are getting so political. Where is the proof?

What is the agenda of those you hate sister. Please educate me as to why there is so much hate for a group of Muslims?

Sister Alf2; no we know women are stoned to death; women in the US are killed by guns..that is not the essence of this discussion. In the US we have a little catch phrase...it is called Domestic Violence..when we refer to anyone else we call them Taliban savages...Do you know the number of women who are beaten and killed here and the attackers get a slap on the wrist.

The key phrase that caught my eye was..The Taliban were blamed...and I wanted to know why. So far no one has answered me.

Its your judgement, Aapa.

I blame the Taliban and your response is "you are following the kufr". Examine your responses carefully. There is judgement embedded in them, and that is wrong, pure and simple.

I am now going to shatter your world. The Taliban are a political group, with a political agenda. They say they are muslims but who really knows what their level of faith is - do you know Aapa if they give zakaat, if they pray 5 times a day, if they help orphans. They are not spiritual mentors nor do they claim to be. Yet you say with certitude in your post tha they are a "group of muslims". Look, they are a political group, and hardly "friendly dictators". When the Soviets swooped in, they happily accepted the combat training that the USA offered them. So who is following the kuffr?????

Aapa, muslims have to behave in a morally superior way. Islam is about transparency. Adultery? Provide two witnesses. Marriage? Make sure there are at least two witnesses. Salaat? Say adhan, encourage everyone to pray together. A child is born? Anounce it in the mosque, perform a zabiha.

What are the Taliban doing to make their intentions and actions transparent? You are assuming that their actions are laced with spiritual benevolance. I maintain my position that when there are reports of children or women being harmed, there is no room for the benefit of the doubt. We have gone through brutal periods of history in the past, and we can no longer afford to re-live them. We have to look at these reports with a critical eye, and all true muslims have a duty to rise to the task of seeking the truth. Transparency sister. If the Taliban are being accused of such horrific brutality, why are they not stepping forward? In the Prophet's time, He wanted muslims to be obvious: the little rules about men wearing their dress about their ankles, women wearing covering, adhaan, congregation...the Prophet wanted muslims to stand out so they were a distinct group as against the pre-dominantly non-muslim population. As muslims in the 21st century, we must do the same. If the political party that calls themselves the Taliban are being accused of injuring innocents, then the Taliban must come to the surface and fight those accusations. As with all things, actions speak louder than words.

And Aapa, how is domestic violence in the US relevant to the issue of stoning women in Iran and Afghanistan. Are you suggesting that as long as women are killed by their boyfriends in the US, it is ok for women to be stoned in Iran? I'm not following your logic. Women should not be stoned. Period. Women should not be killed by their boyfriends. Period. Muslims. Moral examples. Period. But here is the thing. If a man pulls out his gun and shoots me, that man is going to jail, and probably for the rest of his life. If a woman is raped, her perpretrator is arrested and jailed, and, she will receive compensation along with counselling and medical attention -- in some jurisdictions, for free. When a woman is stoned, burned, beaten etc in Afghanistan, is the outcome the same? Are her perpetrators jailed for life? Does the Taliban provide free counselling?

We are grown ups and our thinking must go beyond "two wrongs make a right." We are not speaking of the crimes against women that occurr in the western world, we are speaking of crimes and human rights abuses against women that are occuring in muslim societies where peace and justice must prevail as every woman's Islamic prerogative.

I have a huge problem with religious people accusing me or others of following the kuffr. Because it is a sin to do. On the day of Judgement, Allah will issue his opinion. But for you or anyone else to say I am following the kuffr - just because I disagree with your point of view....No one has the right to say that. There is pride and judgement and embedded in that attitude.

I find that when people on this forum disagree with each other, they judge. No one is better than the other.