:Am I changing unusually?.:

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Over past some time,I have been continuously changing. I realize I am changing but can't stop myself drowning in this wave.

Now a days I observe and analyse each and every matter in Islamic perspective. The zeal of earning and backing the zeal with corresponding efforts is lacking. The life of this world seems me immaterial. I feel content with what I have,though I need to amplify it for a safer financial life of my parents,kids and wife.

Just few days back I went to see an apartment being constructed by my familiar guy,though not a close friend of mine. The site of construction is located in a township,where multiple projects were heading towards finish and newer ones taking shape. I really felt very unusual,why these people are so much mad behind earning money and isn't the life so uncertain and short.

Now I never visit malls,restaurants,or hotels for they seem me places of free and unusual mixing of opposite genders. I have gone very possessive for my wife. Any eye with lust peeping my wife make me aggressive. I have lowest of gaze now a days and expect so from others too.

Wedding receptions or any such similar occasions I totally boycott as I perceive these are shows of ones wealth power and for others a chance of exposing their beauties through attractive dresses and jeweleries. My Dad scolds me for not attending these occasions as my reluctance may affect personal relations.

My Dad is not happy with my way of living. But I always exemplify him life of Muhammad (SAW). My wife too adds a comment but seldom that I am going towards a sagely life.

Is this change unusual?. May it be a manifestation of some psychological problem?. :) Allahu-Aalim.

Regards.

Living Soul

:salam2:

I appreciate the way you are changing yourself to get closer to Islamic way of life. InshAllah Allah will guide you further. As can be seen others may find it unusual but for you it is what is right as per your knowledge of Islam.

I too find no pleasure in showing off things. Especially when I see the current modern competition in beauty or business, building huge villas or houses I just say to myself is it going to be of any use at the end of the DAY.

No peace in it.

:wasalam:

Aroosak

Mashallah brother for all the positive changes you are having in your life. If you feel in your heart that you are doing the right thing is because Allah t'ala has guided you. May you keep improving in the right path inshallah. There will always be people who do not understand these changes however if they see how these new things have improved your character and mannners they will Accept your changes and follow your examPle inshallah.
That being said moderation is alway good. I understand you not wanting to participate in events like lavish weddings and such but is also sunnah to attend to weddings when invited to them. People might even perceive it as arrogance from you ( which we know is not the case) use opportunities like these to show people the good aspects that are happening In you and you can even do some dawah guiding others to the right thing.
May Allah keep increasing your thirst in knowledge

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Thanks sister ''Living Soul" for your reply. If I need a car to make a journey and if a cheaper option is available I should prefer to choose that one. The car is just a means to reach the destination thats all. You could finish the journey by an outdated old car or drive a luxury car for the same purpose. This was the way of our Prophet (SAW),simplicity in life. How He (SAW) used to sleep on a mattress prepared from branches of a date tree.

Thanks Br. Tariq for the response. Well I think we have to wait until day of judgement for any conclusion about (Faith and Devotion) ourselves.

Lastly Sister "Aroosak" I agree that I should attend invited occasions for it may sometime be a cause of Dawah. True. Thanks and Ameen for your Du'aa.

May Allah (SWT) shower His utmost blessings on you both sisters and brother Tariq.

Regards.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
"this deen began as something strange, and it will go back to that.....so give glad tadings to the strangers" to others you might seem strange and extreme, but isnt it good to be among the strangers??

May Allaah increase you in faith and taqwa, and always make you the one who follows the ways of the prophet our best example. ameen

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

mashallah bro....u are living in this world but not for this world. just be gentle towards your dad and your wife words. :)

may Allah bless u

auroran

No that is perfect...Insha' Allaah you will remain this way...May Allaah reward you with Jannah Firdows. ameen.

bari

Brother,

Extremism on anything is no desirable. While the bazars are worst places, but if you need to go then you need to go there. With your non muslim relatives you have a big responsibility to be very caring for them. You have a chance I will never get. May Allah make you one of the favored one.

muslimshabs

walaikum salaam...

Amr ibn ‘Awf (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah, it is not poverty that I fear for you, rather what I fear for you is that worldly riches may be given to you as they were given to those who came before you, and you will compete for them with one another as they competed with one another, and you will be destroyed as they were destroyed.”(bukhari and muslim)

I have a question.
I do some work and i try to strive to get more and more money so that I can give most of it in charity... and help the poor out of it. So I desire honestly to gain something to spend in Allah's way. like brother sachin said he has no desire for any worldly things. certainly this is good but this world is practical and our deen - islam is also practical deen(a way of life). Can you tell me which of the two ways is appropiate:

1. If I got an opportunity to gain some wealth and I leave it for Allah's sake and dont want to indulge in it.

or

2. when I get opportunity and i grab it and think that Allah has given me this wealth to help the poor and it is a test...

masihuddin

islam does not encourage to become a social outcast .You have obligations towards your fellow human beings which you cannot discharge without social contacts I quite appreciate the feelings of your dad about your reluctance to attend social functions You can lower your eyes while attending the functions and observe islamic injuctions .I think the Quran prohibits visiting each other only at two specific times in a day Please check it up

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum: My Islamic Br's and Sis's.

Thanks to you all for your value-able responses and suggestions. May Allah (SWT) shower His utmost blessings upon all the Believers.

This is beauty of Islam that if a Muslim strives either individually or collectively in the way of Allah (SWT),he is never alone. MashaAllah.

Regards.