Any Video Game players

Mumin01

lol everyone here pretty much plays COD4 and Pro evolution soccer

My cousins are into Fifa 08

some of my cousins are literally addicted to WOW and they want me to start playing lol

This kid in my school was literally selling his belonging just to be able to contine to pay for his WOW account. it was pretty sad actually lol

SOUL CALIBER 4 comes out today

W00000000OOOOOO0T

muslim56

Human Being
I have a friend who has a Xbox 360 and man he has prince of persia and another of my friends has grand auto theft

Zafran

Muslim Brother
who plays rise of nations?

Salaam

yep i play rise of nations but only single player - its great even though its few years old.

Handheld like the PSP gives me a headache lol.

Call of duty 4 is epic propbably the best game to come out last year, the single campaign as somebody said is just propaganda but the muliplayer is great fun.

peace

Mumin01

my friend said sort of the same thing how its like propaganda but i never understood why?

can u elaborate for me pleasE?

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
assalaamu'alaikum

masha'allah i never tought i'd find so many gamers in this forum cause i myself am a serious gamer, btw my favorite games are FF series, Valkyrie Profile Series, Xenosaga/Xenogears series(even tho it contains a lot of propaganda), MGS, DMC, RE, etc. too many to count but basically i love japanese games.

btw i have an xbox360(damaged right now bcuz of RROD) wanting a PS3 and looking forward to play FFXIII and FFXIII versus, MGS4, Star Ocean 4, infinite undiscovery, GOW2, etc.

i also play PC games at my workplace bcuz i dont have a PC gaming rig at home lol i know i sound like a game maniac but im not maniac enough to abandon my study of deen.

meer suhail

ILM seeker
Asalam o Alykum warehmatullah

ok i love vide games
need for speed ,all version ,but these days on underground 2 ,,i like it
Medal of Honour and call of duty (specially networking with frds)
Age of Empires ,( open challenge to anyone ,.hello)
Age of mythology
kind of fighters , street fighter
ofcourse tekken 3 or tag ( used to skip school or after school spend my day playing that in gaming zone)
and much more ,,,it goes on and on

Zafran

Muslim Brother
my friend said sort of the same thing how its like propaganda but i never understood why?

can u elaborate for me pleasE?

Salaam

In the single player story you play as an american solider going out to save the world from psycho terrorits that remeble al qeada. In other words the americans are the good guys fighting the war on terror. If you play the game you'll see. They just trying to brain wash people to think the way they think.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Ok, I thought I'll list them then:

Call of Duty 4
Assassin's Creed
Crysis
GTA 4 (on ps3)
Age of Empires III
Tekken 2 to 5. Waiting for 6.

Mumin01

Salaam

In the single player story you play as an american solider going out to save the world from psycho terrorits that remeble al qeada. In other words the americans are the good guys fighting the war on terror. If you play the game you'll see. They just trying to brain wash people to think the way they think.

yah i got that impression too but he said something about it being nuclear lol

it pissed me off how Al Asad was link some dictator waging some "holy war" against the west

Assassins Creed is amazing btw and Soul Caliber 4 is epic

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I have a friend who has a Xbox 360 and man he has prince of persia and another of my friends has grand auto theft

OMG I LUV the Prince of Persia Series! I can never get tired of playing that. However, the idea of a 4th installment with a NEW prince does NOT sit well with me AT ALL.:frown:

danyal_1992

:salam2:
anyone knows how can I play cod4 without music but wid sounds like of walking,shooting etc? well I was big game player but I left playing games coz its addiction.Any one played ninja gaiden black on Xbox that was my best favorite game and cod4 on pc.A month back I have left playing any game.Now trying to know about Deen-ul-Islam .Alumdulillah it gives me more joy than anything else of this world.Alhumdulillah .I was also a big fan of Far Cry of pc and also Far Cry instincts and evolution of xbox.Its and advice to my bro and sis that spend ur spare time in zikr(in the remembrance of Allah) it gives more joy and happiness than gaming and anything else of this world.Alhumdulillah this religion is great mercy and a blessing from Allah(swt).PLz avoid being addictive of playing games bcoz sometimes its makes u forget ur duties that wat Allah(swt) wants from us.Ya Allah(swt) as u have guided us never let our heart to deviate from the right path and let us die as a believer.Ameen Ya Rabulalameen.
:wasalam:

and sorry for my bad english

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
I'm dying in my stomach and my Eman right now, the Waswasa in my head to look at something Haraam is hurting me, I'm losing my mind, I just can't survive these whispers without feeling blown out cold, PLEASE make dua for me guys, I'm losing my Eman, and I've been losing it since yesterday.

Need......... All............ah................................................................

*brain shuts down, stomach pain increases, Waswasa keeps on reminding me about the Haram I accidently saw when I was on answers . com.*

Shahzad

u cant turn off music in cod4. Infact there is not much music in it. Only some times u hear some thing but off course its a sin and u cant turn it off in cod4. Walking and shooting sounds are OK. There wont be any fun and gameplay wid out them

ruki4eva

Muslim Unity...
I'm dying in my stomach and my Eman right now, the Waswasa in my head to look at something Haraam is hurting me, I'm losing my mind, I just can't survive these whispers without feeling blown out cold, PLEASE make dua for me guys, I'm losing my Eman, and I've been losing it since yesterday.

Need......... All............ah................................................................

*brain shuts down, stomach pain increases, Waswasa keeps on reminding me about the Haram I accidently saw when I was on answers . com.*

Asallamu Alaykum
May Allah make it easy for u
And u will be in my duaz Inshallah
take care
wsallaam

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ

Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

Little One, are you okay?

I am getting rather worried for you. You are not losing your Imaan. You are constantly fighting your nafs, that is the biggest sign of it. You are in my prayers my Little Brother.

May Allah SWT remove from your heart any Waswaas from Shaytaan. Try saying Surah An Naas. It helps a lot. May Allah elevate your Imaan to the highest degree. May Allah through His infinite mercy accept. And may He accept all my duas for you. May allah SWT keep you firmly on Siratul Mustaqeem, reward you for every sadness or pain even if it be a prick of a thorn, that for all the good you do, you be rewarded infinitely as Allah gives rewards without limit for even the smallest good with sincere intentions. May you be Blessed with Eternal happiness and success in this life and the next Insha Allah.

Aameen.

Assalamualaikum

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
:salam2:

Just a quick Reminder Insha'Allah :)

Electronic games

What is the ruling on playing or allowing one’s children to play the many electronic games that are widely available, such as those produced by companies like Sony and Nintendo, etc.?

Praise be to Allaah and peace be upon the Messenger of Allaah.

The one who looks at these games will see that they are based on mental skills and individual reactions or decisions. These games are of various types, with many aspects. Some of them take the form of illusionary battles which train a person in what to do in similar circumstances [in real life]; some are based on being alert so as to save oneself from danger; fighting enemies and destroying targets; planning; having adventures; finding the way out of a labyrinth; escaping from wild beasts; racing cars, planes, etc.; overcoming obstacles; searching for treasure. Some games increase knowledge and enhance one’s interests, such as games that involve taking things apart and putting them back together, jigsaw puzzles, building things, colouring, and shading and lighting.

The shar'i ruling:

Islam does not forbid leisure or having fun in permissible ways. The basic rule concerning these games is that they are permissible so long as they do not get in the way of obligatory duties such as establishing prayer [i.e., praying properly and on time] and honouring one’s parents, and so long as they do not include anything that is haraam. There are, however, many haraam elements in these games, such as the following:

Games which depict wars between the people of this world (“good guys”) and people from the sky (“bad guys”), with all its implications of accusations against Allaah, may He be glorified, or the noble angels.

Games which involve sanctifying the cross or passing over or by it to gain strength, to bring one back to life or the give the player extra “lives” and so on. Also, games which are used for designing birthday cards as in Christian culture are also forbidden.

Games which approve of witchcraft/magic, and which glorify witches/magicians/sorcerers, etc.

Games which are based on hatred of Islam and Muslims, like the game in which a player gets 100 points if he hits Makkah, 50 points if he hits Baghdaad, and so on.

Games that glorify the kuffaar and show pride in belonging to them, like games in which if a player chooses an army belonging to a kaafir state he becomes strong, and if he chooses an army belonging to an Arab state he becomes weak. Also, games which teach a child to admire kaafir sports clubs and the names of kaafir players.

Games that include depictions of nudity, and some games that allow the winner to see a *!*!*!*!ographic picture; games that corrupt morals, such as games where the idea is to run away with a girlfriend from the bad guys or a dragon.

Games based on ideas of gambling.

Music and other things that are known to be forbidden in Islam.

Physical harm, such as damage to the eyes and nervous system; harmful effects of game sounds on the ears. Modern studies have shown that these games may be addictive and harmful to the nervous system, as well as causing stress and nervous tension in children.

Making children get used to violence and criminality, and teaching them to take killing and murder lightly, as in the famous “Doom” game.

Corrupting children’s sense of reality by teaching them about a world of illusions and impossible things, such as coming back from the dead, supernatural powers that do not really exist, images of space aliens, and so on.

We have gone into details about some of the ideological dangers and things that are prohibited by Islam because many fathers and mothers do not pay attention to these things, and they bring these games for their children and let them play with them.

We should also point out that it is not permissible to compete for prizes in playing these electronic games, even if the game itself is permissible, because they are not a means of jihaad, and they do not help you develop strength for jihaad.

(al-Musaabaqaat wa Ahkaamuhaa fi’l-Sharee’ah al-Islaamiyyah by Dr, Sa’d al-Shathri).

:wasalam: