Any Video Game players

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

Little One, are you okay?

I am getting rather worried for you. You are not losing your Imaan. You are constantly fighting your nafs, that is the biggest sign of it. You are in my prayers my Little Brother.

May Allah SWT remove from your heart any Waswaas from Shaytaan. Try saying Surah An Naas. It helps a lot. May Allah elevate your Imaan to the highest degree. May Allah through His infinite mercy accept. And may He accept all my duas for you. May allah SWT keep you firmly on Siratul Mustaqeem, reward you for every sadness or pain even if it be a prick of a thorn, that for all the good you do, you be rewarded infinitely as Allah gives rewards without limit for even the smallest good with sincere intentions. May you be Blessed with Eternal happiness and success in this life and the next Insha Allah.

Aameen.

Assalamualaikum
Aw, that's so sweet of you dear sister. :) May Allah Ta Alla give you the highest level of Jannah, make you you have that character of Khadijah and Zaynab (RA), may he give you the most beautifullest, patient, and rightous husband, who loves no women other than you, and may he give you beauty in the Akirah to that of more than even 2000 Hurl Yen, and may he give you a fraction of the beauty of Hurl Yen, and make you always kind, compassionate, steadfast in Islam, a good mother, and one of the best Muslimahs. And may he give this to all other pious and rightoues sisters, Ameen.

danyal_1992

u cant turn off music in cod4. Infact there is not much music in it. Only some times u hear some thing but off course its a sin and u cant turn it off in cod4. Walking and shooting sounds are OK. There wont be any fun and gameplay wid out them
:salam2:
bro music is haram more or less it is haram.I have fun wid music off Alhumdulillah . I cant disobey Allah(swt) for just to have fun only in this world.bro Akhira is far more better than any pleasure of this world and it has no end its eternal life eternal pleasure if we act according wat Islam teaches and if u want the pleasure of this world by disobeying Allah(swt) then ur Akhira will be far more worst than any worst thing of this world.So prepare ur self for the Akhira instead of going after this world.May Allah Guide u.Ameen
:wasalam:

Zafran

Muslim Brother
I'm dying in my stomach and my Eman right now, the Waswasa in my head to look at something Haraam is hurting me, I'm losing my mind, I just can't survive these whispers without feeling blown out cold, PLEASE make dua for me guys, I'm losing my Eman, and I've been losing it since yesterday.

Need......... All............ah................................................................

*brain shuts down, stomach pain increases, Waswasa keeps on reminding me about the Haram I accidently saw when I was on answers . com.*

Salaam

May Allah help you with your struggle and make the test of life easy for you.

ameen.

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin

Anyone play RPG on pc?

I have this glowing +5 THUNDERBOLT katana that can send a monster to oblivion with one hit!!

Mumin01

honestly though i just wanted to say a few things, i really appreciate those giving us advice as to waht is or isnt halal in games but please the reason of this thread was just a way for brothers and sisters who play games to interact with one another, were not talking about a 24/7 gaming schedule, in fact every person here shouldnt be addicted to games i just want to let people know try not to put to much emphasis on the haram/halal aspect of games since everry muslim should know them by now

peace,

If anyone has SOUL caliber 4 and has xbox live send me your gamer tag insha Allah :shake:

AfricanStar

I'm a huge Gamer..."no seriously"

The only games I'm looking forward to are Star Wars Force Unleashed and Too Human.....and I can't wait for the sequel to Mass Effect next year (best game ever made).

Anyone on Xbox 360 Live? friend me...African Star
:shake:

Mumin01

The only games I'm looking forward to are Star Wars Force Unleashed and Too Human.....and I can't wait for the sequel to Mass Effect next year (best game ever made).

Anyone on Xbox 360 Live? friend me...African Star
:shake:

Bro mass effect was a freaking EPIC game it was soo good and the story was amazing, and after i got to play as the apprentice in Soul caliber 4 im really interested in getting star wars the force unleashed. I didnt know they were making a sequel to mass effect

My xbox live account is: Circ Soldier in case you're wondering

AfricanStar

Bro mass effect was a freaking EPIC game it was soo good and the story was amazing, and after i got to play as the apprentice in Soul caliber 4 im really interested in getting star wars the force unleashed. I didnt know they were making a sequel to mass effect

I was so amazed/impressed with the story and game play (love RPG's). That game really should become an actual movie. Could you imagine?

noted...I'll add you today for sure...

AfricanStar

I didnt know they were making a sequel to mass effect

Yea, Chris Priestly (one of the Bioware game developers) mentions it alot on their site and the upcoming 2nd installment of new Download content for the first game.

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
Yea, Chris Priestly (one of the Bioware game developers) mentions it alot on their site and the upcoming 2nd installment of new Download content for the first game.
cool, i didnt know they plan to make the sequel this soon, i just wish they'd hurry up and make the sequel for KOTOR series cuz i think its the best PC RPG ever.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Aw, that's so sweet of you dear sister. :) May Allah Ta Alla give you the highest level of Jannah, make you you have that character of Khadijah and Zaynab (RA), may he give you the most beautifullest, patient, and rightous husband, who loves no women other than you, and may he give you beauty in the Akirah to that of more than even 2000 Hurl Yen, and may he give you a fraction of the beauty of Hurl Yen, and make you always kind, compassionate, steadfast in Islam, a good mother, and one of the best Muslimahs. And may he give this to all other pious and rightoues sisters, Ameen.

Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

So nice of you!

Assalamualaikum

sumaya_graham

Assalam alaikum

Assalam alaikum,

I bought a Nintendo Wii about 10 days thats quite cool but I'm not addicted yet. I like Donkey Kong, I've Super Mario galaxy but haven't even open the box yet :s Insha Allah I'll get around to it soon.

Has anybody else got Wii?

Fi amanillah,
Sumaya

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaikum salaam,

Yeah I love games! I'm a big Final Fantasy and Legend of Zelda fan :D:D:D
I have a thing for RPG's, its pretty nerdy but nowadays I try to keep playing games limited!

Salaam!

khir al-syazwan

LOL

Assalamualaikum......

LOL i dont know there are thread for gamers here. well you can say im such a fan. i have ps1 and ps2 in my home. and my laptop almost LAG coz overrun by a game.

so anything to share?

btw this is my favorite game

-Medieval 2 total war (this gameis cool and doesnt show any negative about Islam, so far in my opinion)

-battlefield 2

-final fantasy siries

-call of duty 4 (love gameplay but hate the storyline)

-sengoku musou

-gundam musou

-homeworld 2 gundam century

-Football Manager 2008

-Need for speed siries

-star wars jedi knight siries

-star wars force unleashed (coolest action so far)

-bleach heat soul 5
-

Fatwa 7222 from Islam Q & A

There follow details of the prohibition on the making of images and statues.

I. The prohibition on statues is not just the matter of fiqh; it goes beyond that to the matter of ‘aqeedah, because Allaah is the Only One Who has the power of giving shape to His creation and creating them in the best image. Making images implies that one is trying to match the creation of Allaah. The matter also has to do with ‘aqeedah when these images are taken as idols which are worshipped instead of Allaah.

Among the daleel (evidence) that image-making is the exclusive preserve of Allaah are the following:

1. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“He it is Who shapes you in the wombs as He wills” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:6]

“And surely, We created you (your father Adam) and then gave you shape (the noble shape of a human being); then We told the angels, ‘Prostrate yourselves to Adam’” [al-A’raaf 7:11]

“He is Allaah, the Creator, the Inventor of all things, the Bestower of forms. To Him belong the Best Names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorify Him. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise” [al-Hashr 59:24]

“O man! What has made you careless about your Lord, the Most Generous? Who created you, fashioned you perfectly, and gave you due proportion. In whatever form He willed, He put you together.”

[al-Infitaar 82:6-8]

These aayaat clearly state the belief that creating and giving form to creation is the preserve of their Lord, Creator and Fashioner, so it is not permissible for anyone to encroach on that and to try to match the creation of Allaah.

2. It was reported from ‘Aa’ishah Umm al-Mu’mineen that Umm Habeebah and Umm Salamah mentioned a church which they had seen in Ethiopia, in which there were images. They told the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about it, and he said: “Those people, if there was a righteous man among them and he died, they would build a place of worship over his grave and put images in it. These will be the most evil of creation before Allaah on the Day of Resurrection.” (narrated by al-Bukhaari, 417; Muslim, 528)

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said:

This hadeeth indicates that making images is haraam. (Fath al-Baari, 1/525).

Al-Nawawi said:

Our companions and other scholars said: making images of animate beings is extremely haraam and is a major sin, because severe warnings have been issued against it in the ahaadeeth. Whether the image is made to be used in a disrespectful fashion or for other purposes, it is haraam to make it in all cases, because it implies that one is trying to match the creation of Allaah, whether the image is to appear on a garment, carpet, coin, vessel, wall or whatever. With regard to pictures of trees, camel saddles, and other pictures in which no animate beings appear, these are not haraam. This is the ruling on making images. (Sharh Muslim, 14/81).

3. Sa’eed ibn Abi’l-Hasan said: I was with Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) when a man came to him and said, O Abu ‘Abbaas, I am a man who lives by what his hands make, and I make these images. Ibn ‘Abbaas said: I will only tell you what I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say. I heard him say: “Whoever makes an image, Allaah will punish him until he breathes life into it, and he will never be able to do that.” The man became very upset and his face turned pale, so [Ibn ‘Abbaas] said to him, Woe to you! If you insist on making images, then make images of these trees and everything that does not have a soul. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2112; Muslim, 2110).

4. ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: The people who will be the most severely punished before Allaah on the Day of Resurrection will be the image makers. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5606; Muslim, 2109).

5. It was reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: Those who make these images will be punished on the Day of Resurrection. It will be said to them, Give life to that which you have created! (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5607; Muslim, 2108).

6. It was reported that Abu Hurayrah entered a house in Madeenah and saw somebody making images in it. He said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: [Allaah says:] Who does greater wrong than one who goes and creates something like My creation? Let them create a seed or a small ant! (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5609; Muslim, 2111).

This means that the picture of any kinds, whether we worship it or not.

7. Abu Juhayfah said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the price of a dog and the price of blood, and he forbade tattooing and asking to be tattooed, and the consumption or paying of ribaa, and he cursed those who make images. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1980).

HOPE THIS HELPS

Moving image is even closer to the actual Makhluq.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

nizar83

selemu aleikum wa rahmatulah

i play pro evo 2009 on ps3..been a pes fan for ever.. metal gear has always been a very good game, so is resident evil..

2 bad im not really up to date anymore with the games that have been released or will be released these days..

inshallah i will check out both metal gear and resident evil

ps all of us gamers must make sure we haVE prayed all our salaah first and done whats important first before we start playing...especially the adult muslims in here.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa'alaikum salaam,

Yeah I love games! I'm a big Final Fantasy and Legend of Zelda fan :D:D:D
I have a thing for RPG's, its pretty nerdy but nowadays I try to keep playing games limited!

Salaam!

You shouldn't have admitted that, heh, joking!

I played video games a lot when I was younger, doom, halflife, and RPG called fallout (the orignal). MDK !

In university i did Opengl graphics programming, where basically I made a 3D game from scratch, just pure code. C++ --- but, really, im totally not geeky!

I do not play games so much now though. Although, I have played Assassin's creed on my laptop... and playing it with my Palestinian brothers there ! although, the Masjid is so small in the game, it is bigger in real life...

anddddddd I hate the way, the arab soldiers keep saying "I will have your hand for that!" in that deep arab voice.

Its really a big waste of time! But, I cant say it is haram.

As for the argument about images, the person who makes the games be liable to that sister, not the ones who play them.

Hmm, one shaykhs child asked me to get him hunting game heh,

wasalam.