Are Horoscopes real ?

Mosque51

:salam2:

Because they seem to be accurate...I know as Muslims we shouldnt believe in them but Im just asking..I hope its ok

revert2007

Love Fishing
no it is not ok....

in islam there is no such thing as bad day
no such thing as bad time
everything is good coz it is all from Allah...

it is just coincident and perhaps magic we never know...

just follow the quran n sunnah

as human we cant predict the future..if can..why not they predict their death,qiamat or even the tsunami?

they can't coz only Allah knows the future

ShyHijabi

Horoscopes are rubbish. The people who print them are basically using universal terms like "you are passionate, you will have some issues with friends or co-workers, you can be stubborn yet forgiving, blah blah blah." So if someone says you're intelligent are you going to proclaim, "No I am not!" Of course not, but they use these types of compliments that everyone will agree with.

There are over a billion people on this planet, and you think twelve little paragraphs will predict the mood and futures for all these people? Ummm no.

Muslimah77

Slave of Allah (SWT)

Praise be to Allah.

Astrology, horoscopes, superstition and fortune-telling are all actions of jaahiliyyah (ignorance) which Islam came to show as false and to explain that they are shirk, because they involve depending on something other than Allah and believing that benefit and harm come from something other than Him, and believing the words of fortune-tellers and soothsayers who falsely claim to have knowledge of the unseen in order to cheat people of their money and change their beliefs. The evidence (daleel) for that is the hadeeth narrated by Abu Dawood in his Sunan with a saheeh isnaad from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him), that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

“Whoever learns anything of astrology has learned a branch of witchcraft (al-sihr)…”

And al-Bazzaar narrated with a jayyid isnaad from ‘Imraan ibn Husayn that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

“He is not one of us who practises augury or has it done for him, who tells fortunes or has his fortune told, or who practises witchcraft or has that done for him.”

Whoever claims to know some matter of the unseen either is a fortune-teller or is acting like a fortune-teller in some sense, because Allah is the only One Who has knowledge of the unseen. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: ‘None in the heavens and the earth knows the Ghayb (Unseen) except Allah…’”
[al-Naml 27:65]

My advice to everyone who has anything to do with these matters is to repent to Allah and ask for His forgiveness, and to depend only on Allah and to put their trust in Him in all their affairs, whilst following the practical means that are prescribed or permitted in sharee’ah. They should give up these matters of jaahiliyyah, keep away from them and avoid asking the people who practise them or believe what they say, out of obedience to Allah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), and in order to protect his commitment to Islam and his ‘aqeedah (religious belief).

Adapted from Majmoo’ Fataawa Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy on him), 2/123

:hijabi:

Deen_e_Mohammad

All praise for Allah Alone........

Kitaab At-Tawheed, Chapter: 24

What Has Been Said About Fortune-tellers and Their Like

Muslim has narrated, on the authority of one of the wives of the Prophet :saw: (Hafsah - may Allah be pleased with her), that Allah's Prophet :saw: said:

"Whoever went to a fortune-teller and asked him about some matter (i.e. of the unseen) and believed him, will have his prayer rejected for forty days."

The Prophet :saw: informs us in this Hadith that if anyone visited a fortune-teller and asked him about a matter of the unseen - about which, in reality, none possesses knowledge except Allah - and believed in what fortune teller said, Allah will not accept his prayers, nor reward them for forty days - and this is a punishment for the major sin which he has committed.

Benefits Derived From This Hadith

1. The prohibition of fortune-telling.

2. The forbiddance of believing the prophesies of soothsayers and fortune-tellers.

3. That a person may lose the reward of his prayers as a punishment for his sins.

Relevance of This Hadith to the Subject of the Chapter

That the Hadith proves the forbiddance of fortune-telling and the belief in it.

Relevance of This Hadith to the Subject of Tawheed

That the Prophet :saw: has condemned whoever visits a fortune-teller for he has made him a partner with Allah in possessing knowledge of the unseen.

Important Note

It has been mentioned by the scholars - may Allah have mercy on them - that whoever believed in what the fortune-teller says does not have to repeat his prayers for this period of forty days, but that he receives no reward for them.

..ooOOoo..

It is reported on the authority of Abu Hurairah (ra) that the Prophet :saw: said:

"Whoever went to a fortune-teller and believed in what he said, has disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammad :saw:."

The Prophet :saw: informs us in this Hadith, that whoever visited a fortune-teller and asked him about the unseen and believed in his words, has committed an act of disbelief in the Qur'an and Sunnah, this is because both of these Revelations have belied fortune-telling, for Allah is Alone in His Knowledge of the unseen.

1. The forbiddance of fortune-telling.

2. The accusation of lying against the fortune-teller.

3. That believing the words of fortune-tellers is considered disbelief.1

4. That the Qur'an is revealed, not created.

That the Hadith proves clearly that the fortune-teller is a disbeliever.

That the Hadith is clear evidence that fortune-telling is kufr; this is because the fortune-teller depends upon methods of shirk.

The same thing was narrated on the authority of Abu Hurairah by "the four"2 and by Al-Haakim, who said that it is authentic according to the strict conditions of acceptance laid down by Bukhari and Muslim.

It has also been reported, with a good sanad, on the authority of Abu Y'alaa (ra) that he said the same thing, but in a mawqoof form.3

..ooOOoo..

On the authority of `Imran Ibn Husain (ra), in a marfoo' form, it is reported: "Whoever practises at-tiyarah, or tells fortunes or seeks advice from a fortune-teller, or practises magic or asks another to do so, is not one of us; and whoever goes to a soothsayer and believes what he tells him has disbelieved in that which was revealed to Muhammad :saw:." (Narrated by Al-Bazzaar, with a good Sanad and by At-Tabarani, in his book, Al-Awsat, with a good sanad, but without the words: "...and whoever goes to a soothsayer etc...")

In this Hadith, the Prophet :saw: declares himself free and innocent of three kinds of people: (i) The one who seeks omens or their interpretation, (ii) the one who tells fortunes or seeks advice from fortune-tellers and (iii) the one who practises magic, or seeks the services of a magician. Then He adds, as an extra warning to the fortune-teller and his clients, that whoever believes in the words of the fortune-teller has disbelieved in the Revelation (the Qur'an and the Sunnah) given to him ; this is because Allah and His Messenger :saw: have informed us that knowledge of the unseen is only with Allah , therefore belief in the fortune-teller is a rejection of Allah's Words and those of His Prophet .

1. The prohibition of interpreting omens, of sorcery and fortune-telling.

2. The forbiddance of seeking these three things.

3. That believing the prophesies of the fortune-teller is kufr.

4. That the Qur'an is Revelation, not created.

That the Hadith proves without doubt, that the fortune-teller is a disbeliever.

That the Hadith proves without question, that the fortune-teller is a disbeliever, because he depends upon shirk in order to predict the future.

Muhammad Ibn `Abdil Wahhab says: "Al-Baghawi said: "The seer (al-'arraaf) who claims to know the unseen depends upon knowledge stolen (by the jinn, who overheard it from the lowest heaven) and falsehood and the like; It has been said that he is the same as the fortune-teller (al-kaahin), but the latter is, in fact, one who claims knowledge of the unseen events of the future. It has also been said that he is one who knows the secrets of the mind." Abul `Abbas Ibn Taimiyah said: "The seer is a name for the fortune-teller, the astrologer, the thrower of sand, and all those who claim knowledge of these matters by such means." Ibn `Abbas (ra) said, concerning a people who wrote Abaajaad 4 and practised astrology: "I do not consider that those who do this will have any share (of blessings or reward) with Allah ."

Footnotes

1. It has been said by some scholars, based upon this Hadith, that one who believes the prophecies of a fortune-teller is a disbeliever. However, other scholars maintain that what is intended here is that he who believes the words of a fortune-teller has committed an act of disbelief. This is because, in the previous Hadith, the Prophet :saw: informed us that one who visits a fortune-teller and believes in what he says will have his prayers rejected for forty days, while if it were true that he were a disbeliever, his prayer would not be accepted at all.
2. The Four: That is, Bukhari, Muslim, At-Tirmizi and An-Nasaa`i.
3. Mawqoof: That is, the statement of a Companion, which he does not attribute to the Prophet .
4. Abaajaad: An ancient system of prediction based on use of the letters of the alphabet.

Mosque51

no it is not ok....

in islam there is no such thing as bad day
no such thing as bad time
everything is good coz it is all from Allah...

it is just coincident and perhaps magic we never know...

just follow the quran n sunnah

as human we cant predict the future..if can..why not they predict their death,qiamat or even the tsunami?

they can't coz only Allah knows the future

I was saying I hope its ok to ask not its ok to believe in horoscopes

muslim10012

salamoualikom everyone , some people may not like what I'm going to say but anyway I tell my point of view .
there is many kinds of horoscope so yes I agree we must not believe in those which talk about future cause only allah know it , but there are some horoscope who tell us about our personality (like /dislike) qualities ....etc
so please do differentiate between the two
good luck :salam2:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Brother, I was raised as hindu and only later on I reverted to Islam. What you saying is exactly what is being practice in hinduism. In this religion, before anything we must see horoscope or astrology first. But in Islam, before anything we pray and make du'a or after done something we pray and make du'a to whom? To Allah. Before we start a business we pray and make du'a. But in hinduism before you start a business you see the astrologer first, whatever he says that is...one hindu the astrologer said my wife is not suitable for me and that my wife will first give birth to a baby girl....it is so untrue today, our first baby is boy and we are happily married. you move house, you will see astrology. It is love marriage proposal, both have seen each other physical and like and love each other, but the hindu parents will believe what the astrology will say not what their children have to say. If the astrology say no to the marriage, then no marriage. Fyi, modern hindus mostly are no longer believe in astrology and horoscope. As I said, what the astrologer said can be true, but not always true, if they are it would be just coincidental. The astrologer prohibited me wearing clothing green in colour, he repeated this many times. But I'm wearing this colour almost every week especially since my reversion to Islam and nothing happened to me.

I'm sorry if I said anything wrong.

muslim10012

Brother, I was raised as hindu and only later on I reverted to Islam. What you saying is exactly what is being practice in hinduism. In this religion, before anything we must see horoscope or astrology first. But in Islam, before anything we pray and make du'a or after done something we pray and make du'a to whom? To Allah. Before we start a business we pray and make du'a. But in hinduism before you start a business you see the astrologer first, whatever he says that is...one hindu the astrologer said my wife is not suitable for me and that my wife will first give birth to a baby girl....it is so untrue today, our first baby is boy and we are happily married. you move house, you will see astrology. It is love marriage proposal, both have seen each other physical and like and love each other, but the hindu parents will believe what the astrology will say not what their children have to say. If the astrology say no to the marriage, then no marriage. Fyi, modern hindus mostly are no longer believe in astrology and horoscope. As I said, what the astrologer said can be true, but not always true, if they are it would be just coincidental. The astrologer prohibited me wearing clothing green in colour, he repeated this many times. But I'm wearing this colour almost every week especially since my reversion to Islam and nothing happened to me.

I'm sorry if I said anything wrong.

salamoualikom akhi and welcome to islam , thanks for this answer but did you really read my post ?

I completely agree with you , yes this kind of horoscope is haram , cause no one know the future (ghayb ) only god (swt) know it

but there is another horoscope that tell people about personal characteristic and way of thinking and so , I think you don't make difference between the two bro .

good luck

:astag:

Mosque51

Let me just clarify something...

WHAT I MEANT BY "I HOPE ITS OK" I WAS REFERING AS IF ITS OK TO ASK THIS TYPE OF QUESTION " ARE HOROSCOPES REAL?" I DIDNT MEAN TO GO TO AN ORACLE OR SOMETHING AND ASK ABOUT MY FUTURE

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
but there is another horoscope that tell people about personal characteristic and way of thinking and so , I think you don't make difference between the two bro .

good luck

Wa'alaikum salam akhi.

I'm telling, this is in hinduism as well. I used to read this kind of horoscope every week from the newspaper to my hindu aunty coz she can't read in her mother language. She will ask me to read the personality of everyone in our family, which is being updated every week by this daily. Better to distant your self from something which is not clear.

BinteShafi

Left long ago

If one thing is evil, then it is evil from every perspective. These are just the tricks of Shaytan and nothing else. There are not just "12 Characteristic Categories" of millions of people of this planet.

arzafar

salamoualikom akhi and welcome to islam , thanks for this answer but did you really read my post ?

I completely agree with you , yes this kind of horoscope is haram , cause no one know the future (ghayb ) only god (swt) know it

good luck

i think you maybe referring to chinese astro with that (12 animals and 5 elements making a 60 years cycle). well i read my charcter traits once and i could not believe what i was reading. it basically decribed everything about me as accurately as it could possibly get. so i can say that chinese astro was true in predicting my personality. im just 1 out of 6 billion.

however, whether its true or not, it's still haraam.
note that the prophet pbuh didnt mention that it is false. he just ordered us not to get involved with it for it is shirk to believe in such things.