Are you going to fast tomorrow friday 21 august?

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
Selam alejkum
I'm so confused about this.Brother from all around the world please reply.
According to Islamic Community of Kosova we must fast toworrow (friday 21th august) but we still have not seen the moon.Please I need your response
immediately.We selam alejkum

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته
i'll follow my country ( Saudi Arabia ) so i'm not going to fast ..

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
salams brother, Kosova is following Turkey who use calulations and not moon sighting.
Here in Libya they will also fast tomorrow but many here disagree and want to follow the sunnah, and it should be sigthed in the area you live, if not in the country nearest to you, that sight the moon inshallah.
w/salams

Shishani

Staff member
http://www.fatwa-online.com/news/0090820_2.htm

Official Decision and Announcement of the High Judiciary Council of Saudi Arabia...

Just a short time ago, Fatwa-Online was informed of the official decision and announcement of the High Judiciary Council (HJC) of Saudi Arabia that since the moon of Ramadhaan was not sighted this evening, here in Saudi Arabia, we shall be completing thirty (30) days of Sha'baan (1430 A.H.), in accordance with the hadeeth of the Messenger of Allaah (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam):

((Fast when you see the crescent. If it is obscured to you, then complete thirty days of Sha'baan. And break your fast when you see the crescent. If it is obscured to you then fast thirty days)), [transmitted by al-Bukhaaree and Muslim].

Subsequently, we shall be starting our taraaweeh prayers tomorrow evening (Friday 21 August 2009) after the 'Ishaa. prayer, in preparation for the first fast of Ramadhaan on Saturday 22 August 2009, inshaa.-Allaah.

massi

Sighting the moon not following astronomical calculations​
There is a big dispute among Muslim scholars concerning the timing of the beginning of Ramadaan and ‘Eid al-Fitr. Some of them act upon the sighting of the new moon, because of the hadeeth, “Fast when you sight it [the new moon] and stop fasting when you sight it…”; others rely on the calculations of astronomers, saying that these scientists have progressed so far in the science of astronomy that they are able to know when the lunar month begins. Who is right in this matter?

Praise be to Allaah.
Firstly: the correct opinion which must be acted upon is that indicated by the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Fast when you see it [the new moon] and stop fasting when you see it, and if it is cloudy then complete the month with thirty days.” That is the basis for determining the beginning and end of Ramadaan by the actual sighting of the new moon. The Islamic sharee’ah with which Allaah sent our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is universal and everlasting, until the Day of Resurrection. (It is valid for every time and place, whether worldly sciences are advanced or otherwise, whether there are telescopes etc. or not, whether there are any people in the population who are able to do astronomical calculations or not. Sighting the moon is something that people of all places and times can do, unlike calculations which may or may not be within the reach of the people, and telescopes which may or may not be available)
Secondly: Allaah knew what progress would be made in astronomy and other sciences, but despite that He still said (interpretation of the meaning): “… So whoever among you sights (the crescent on the first night of) the month (of Ramadaan), he must observe sawm (fast) that month…” [al-Baqarah 2:185] and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Fast when you see it [the new moon] and stop fasting when you see it…” So the beginning and ending of Ramadaan are connected to the actual sighting of the moon, and not to the calculations of astronomers, even though Allaah knew that the astronomers would develop their science to the point where they would be able to calculate the positions of the stars and heavenly bodies. The Muslims are obliged to follow what Allaah has prescribed for them through His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), basing the beginning and end of the fast on the sighting of the moon. This is like the consensus of the scholars, whoever differs with this and relies on calculations is shaadhdh (“odd”) and his opinion cannot be relied on. And Allaah knows best.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 10/106.

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
We selam alejkum brothers and sisters
Happy Ramadan to all of you.
I'm fasting today and all muslims from Kosova are doing the same.
I know brother ICK are following Turkey.I don't know if it is haram fasting on 30th day of month shaban.If it is ,ICK are responsible for it.However I want to thank all of you for replies May ALL-LLAH swt reward you.
InshALL-LLAH this month of Ramadan will be the month when ALL-LLAH swt will forgive our sins and guide us much more in islam.
We selam alejkum

abdellah007

Selam alejkum
I'm so confused about this.Brother from all around the world please reply.
According to Islamic Community of Kosova we must fast toworrow (friday 21th august) but we still have not seen the moon.Please I need your response
immediately.We selam alejkum

dont worry brother; we havent known when we re going to fast yet too, it will appear in the evening or night.

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
We selam alejkum brothers and sisters
Happy Ramadan to all of you.
I'm fasting today and all muslims from Kosova are doing the same.
I know brother ICK are following Turkey.I don't know if it is haram fasting on 30th day of month shaban.If it is ,ICK are responsible for it.However I want to thank all of you for replies May ALL-LLAH swt reward you.
InshALL-LLAH this month of Ramadan will be the month when ALL-LLAH swt will forgive our sins and guide us much more in islam.
We selam alejkum

Salams brother,
there is a lot of confusion amount the muslim umah about this and many opinions, but inshallah it is our job to educate ourselves, and when we know what is right, to follow it as we will be answerable before Allah ta;laa.
Here in Libya there are some people in the same familys fasting and some not as they will go by the sunnah inshallah, and the others follw what the goverment has dicided for them.
We are not allowed to fast the 30th shaban and Allah knows best,,,,,,,, inshallah Allah ta;laa will reward you and guide us all and give us a rewarding Ramadan ,Ameen
w/salams

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
:salam2:

We started fasting today in Turkey... As muslims from all over world we always have the same discussion in Ramadan..We only follow what our imams say here, if there is something wrong, may Allah forgive all of us inshaallah..

Again Ramadan mubarak to all :hijabi:

IslamicGirl24

Assalamu alaykum!
Huh?? Are we the only ones who are starting our fasts from 23rd?? :(
Ramadhan mubarak to all my beloved brothers and sisters.