Asalamu Alikum, new sister here =)

hollyhere

Wanted to say hello to everyone.I joined this site in hopes of learning all I can about Islam.I converted April 15,2008 from the christian faith. I have very little contact with other muslims and the nearest mosque is 30 minutes away.Before I became muslim I felt very strongly to wear hijab so I obeyed that conviction and began wearing it even though I get strange looks. I asked my human resources manager at work if I can wear it on the job but he told me "no, because it has nothing to do with our company" I felt very let down about this so I spoke with an associate at work about this and he suggested that I speak with someone over that manager and he gave me a name and number. I was very nervous about making that call probably because I was afraid of being told "no". I finally made that call and the man said yes that I can wear hijab at work. I had tears when he told me this and I told him I was afraid of people saying things to me at work. He said, "You let me know if you have any trouble and I will do whatever is needed to help you, feel free to call me whenever!" I felt so relieved, and still nervous.The next day I told that associate at work thank you for encouraging me to make that call. A week later I still had not started wearing hijab and he said something that helped me. He said, "Holly,if you don't wear it people will think you are not serious about your decision." He was right. I am happy to report that I am wearing hijab and yes I have gotten some questions and some looks but other than that,Allah has been with me through it all and it has been easy for me.I would rather get strange looks from people than to disobey what Allah has put in my heart. I hope this encourages others.~Holly~

muharram23

Staff member
Wanted to say hello to everyone.I joined this site in hopes of learning all I can about Islam.I converted April 15,2008 from the christian faith. I have very little contact with other muslims and the nearest mosque is 30 minutes away.Before I became muslim I felt very strongly to wear hijab so I obeyed that conviction and began wearing it even though I get strange looks. I asked my human resources manager at work if I can wear it on the job but he told me "no, because it has nothing to do with our company" I felt very let down about this so I spoke with an associate at work about this and he suggested that I speak with someone over that manager and he gave me a name and number. I was very nervous about making that call probably because I was afraid of being told "no". I finally made that call and the man said yes that I can wear hijab at work. I had tears when he told me this and I told him I was afraid of people saying things to me at work. He said, "You let me know if you have any trouble and I will do whatever is needed to help you, feel free to call me whenever!" I felt so relieved, and still nervous.The next day I told that associate at work thank you for encouraging me to make that call. A week later I still had not started wearing hijab and he said something that helped me. He said, "Holly,if you don't wear it people will think you are not serious about your decision." He was right. I am happy to report that I am wearing hijab and yes I have gotten some questions and some looks but other than that,Allah has been with me through it all and it has been easy for me.I would rather get strange looks from people than to disobey what Allah has put in my heart. I hope this encourages others.~Holly~

Salamu alaykum

Salamu alaykum sister welcome to the family :). Praise to ALlah for making you a muslimah. That is a wonderful story that a woman like you, just recently became a muslimah and started wearing hijaab right away. May Allah reward you and let me tell you that u are a really tough girl :). InshAllah, you can learn alot about islam on this site. Also, there are alot of brothers and sisters on this site that can help you incase you have any questions in islaam. Once again, praise is to ALlah for making you a muslimah and our sister in islaam. Now, the tests will start. You will have a lot of enemies, but know that you are on the truth and others are on the falsehood. And know that ALlah is on your side and protecting you and do not fear anyone.

wasalam

saffanah

speak good or silent
wassalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatu

welcome sister...may you feel more better to have us..your sisters and brothers in this website. You're definetly right to strongly wear your hijab, it's true that it need a hard effort to wear hijab in first time of you're life, but for a good muslim there's no hard, and no difficult feeling of what Allah had commanded to us, because they're al for our goodness.Keep istiqamah sis!
salam

hari

:ma:, hope to hear more of your story. You are choosen to recieve hidayah from Allah. Just wondering why this hijab thing is difficult for some women in muslim countries which have no restriction.

abdellah007

salam

salama alaykum sister,

first you welcome to the website sister, may allah strenght your iman insha allah. it s such a good news about ur hijab. may allah make it easy for other sisters wearing it.

salam

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Wa alaikumussalaam warahmatullaah,

Mashaa'Allaah nice story sis. Welcome to the site and Inshaa'Allaah you benefit from it.

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Walikumasalam sister Holly!:hijabi:
:SMILY206: to the religion of Haq and to TTI!
Shukran for sharing us your story to Islam. :mashallah:

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
:salam2:

:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:

Dear sis,

You are most welcome

Welcome to muslim/muslimah community

Alhamdulillah, ALLAH has guided you and us to this beautiful deen.

Stay firm and be patience and you will find this journey greatly rewarding.

Please to know you and till we meet again, wassalam

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
salam sister and welcome.

i'm so happy, u know when i hear u say that, i just wonder myself y i don't wear hijab. it's great that u have seen the truth behind islam. may allah bless u and us sister. take good care:)

Hudda

:ma:, hope to hear more of your story. You are choosen to recieve hidayah from Allah. Just wondering why this hijab thing is difficult for some women in muslim countries which have no restriction.

:ma:Holly, I just wanted to point out, that it is not the moslem countries that ladies have an issue wearing Hijab. I know I had the same experience when I started wearing hijab at my work place.. Alhamdullilah it has been 17 years and Holly Allah is with you inshallah. Just be steadfast and trust me it will be so easy. You can email off line and I would be happy to discuss it with you.
Wasalaam

aroojimran

A warm welcome to you!

:salam2:Dear sis

It was really wonderful to raed your story of REVERSION2 Islam.:ma:
Dear sister you hav become a muslim by the grace n Will of Almighty Allah for which u should be really grateful to HIM.

As far as your story of Hijaab GOES,it is quite inspiring and will help those women muster courage who hesitate to tell their muslim employers/bosses abt their wish to wear Hijaab!

JazakaAllah u khair