Assad Forces Kill 78 Sunni Civilians in Homs, 12 Bodies Burned Alive

Salem9022

(Reuters) - Activists said pro-government militia men and security forces killed at least 78 people, including children, in Syria's central province of Hama on Wednesday.

Some of those killed in the village of Mazraat al-Qabeer were stabbed to death, the activists said, and at least 12 bodies had been burned.

The British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said its activists on the ground documented a smaller number of victims - 24 people, four of them children.

Syria's 15-month revolt against President Bashar al-Assad's rule has grown increasingly bloody in recent months, raising concerns the country may be slipping towards civil war.

Events inside the country are difficult to verify as Syria has restricted access to international media.

The killings came less than two weeks after a massacre in the Syrian town of Houla, in which security forces and pro-Assad militia men known as 'shabbiha' killed 108 people, nearly half of them children. Both have taken place during the presence of a United Nations observation mission in the country.

The government called the Hama province killings on Wednesday a "monstrous crime" and said its forces were uprooting militants in the area.

"Special forces are answering the calls for help from residents of Mazraat al-Qabeer and are raiding the terrorist dens. They have killed a number of them and have seized weapons and rocket-propelled grenades," it said in a news flash on Syrian state television.

Some activists said rebels from the Free Syrian Army had been operating in the area and accused Syrian forces of using group punishment Mazraat al-Qabeer, home to a few hundred villagers and just 20 km (12 miles) from the central city of Hama.

Syrian forces had surrounded areas close to Mazraat al-Qabeer for days and began shelling the village on Wednesday evening, local activists said.

"The rockets were hitting people's homes and some were set ablaze. Then the militia men came in and started shooting and killing people," said a Hama-based activist who called himself Manhal. "The first reports we got were that people were being shot dead. Then some people were found stabbed."

INVESTIGATION DEMANDED

Many activists demanded an international investigation by the 300-strong U.N. force sent into Syria to observe a ceasefire deal brokered by international envoy Kofi Annan.

The truce was hardly observed by the government or the rebels.

"We call on international monitors to go immediately to the area," the Observatory said in a statement.

"They should not give the excuse that their mission is only to observe the ceasefire, because many massacres have been committed during their presence in Syria."

Activists in Hama said Mazraat al-Qabeer's residents are Sunni Muslims, the country's majority population that has led the revolt in which the U.N. estimates more than 10,000 people have been killed.

They said the village neighbors an area inhabited mostly by members of minority Alawite sect, an offshoot of Shi'ite Islam to which Assad himself belongs.

Many Alawites, and other minorities in Syria, have treated the uprising with suspicion and fear sectarian conflict similar to bloody civil wars that wracked neighboring Lebanon and Iraq.

Alawites dominate Syria military and political elite and the disparity between their positions and that of the less empowered Sunni majority has stirred sectarian tensions.

"These killings aimed to absorb Alawite anger for the fighters they are losing in this fight. They want to make them feel supported by the army," the activist Manhal said, speaking to Reuters by telephone from the city of Hama.

A government statement on Syria TV said the killings in Mazraat al-Qabeer were a conspiracy to influence a meeting among foreign powers sympathetic to the opposition in Istanbul on Wednesday and a United Nations Security Council meeting later this week.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/06/us-syria-crisis-massacre-idUSBRE8551I620120606

dna1987

Muslim Guy
What doesn't make sense is that Homs and Hama are meant to be completely under rebel control. How do government militia manage to sneak in and commit these killlings at point blank range and then escape again back to Damascus??

Also, if there are talks of ceasefire, as outsiders we should support that.

I don't want a single bomb, tank or gun in Assad's hands or his government's hands. Or on the other side. A ceasefire will at the very least prevent further innocent deaths, right??

The problem is, each time there is a talk of ceasefire, there is one group that is constantly rejecting it - and those are the rebels that control Homs and Hama. It may be possible that Assad is lying about accepting a ceasefire, but at least his side is agreeing to the ceasefire.

Assalam alaikum.

Salem9022

Syria: full horror of al-Qubeir masacre emerges

The voice of Laith al-Hemary's brother whispered on the mobile phone: "There are shouts and screams coming from outside," he said. "They are killing everyone they find." Then the line went dead.

ALqubeir_2242126b.jpg

This was the last time that Mr Hemary, 30, spoke to his brother before he was killed inside the family home in the Syrian hamlet of al-Qubeir on Wednesday.

He was among 78 victims who are believed to have died in a frenzied onslaught in this village in a farming district some 15 miles from the city of Hama.

The full horror of the atrocity was betrayed by bloody videos of mutilated children's bodies and charred corpses.

In a few hours, almost the entire population of al-Qubeir was massacred in what appears to have been one of the bloodiest incidents since the start of the Syrian uprising.

Forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad were responsible, according to opposition activists. They said that regular forces were working in tandem with a pro-government militia, known as the Shabiha, recruited largely from Mr Assad's minority Alawite sect.

The regime's troops began the attack on Wednesday afternoon with a heavy artillery barrage, said the activists. Then Shabiha militiamen entered the hamlet armed with sticks, guns and knives. They attacked homes and farmhouses, shooting and slaughtering all the inhabitants they could find.

Mr Hemary and his cousin were among only a handful of survivors of the massacre. "I could see thick smoke rising from al-Qubeir," he said. "I called my brother constantly on the mobile. He was hiding in our home. He told me cars full of Shabiha had come to the village and were attacking everyone and burning houses."

At 5.10pm, three hours after the attack began, Mr Hemary's brother's voice died away and he stopped answering his calls. Pushing open the door of his home several hours later, Mr Hemary found the bodies of his mother, three sisters and three brothers lying bloodied on the ground.

"They had been beaten on the head by sticks and stabbed with knives," he said. "I went to other homes. I saw family after family slaughtered by knives."

After the militia departed and al-Qubeir fell quiet later that evening, people from nearby villages ventured into the stricken hamlet. "I saw a two-month-old child without a head," said Abou Hisham al-Hamouli, who lives in a village just over a mile from al-Qubeir. "I saw the burnt corpse of a woman. Her two children were wrapped around, hugging her. They died like that. There were two many burnt bodies."

Other eyewitnesses reported how the militiamen sang songs in praise of Mr Assad.

A former soldier who joined the rebel Free Syrian Army said that he reached the village within hours of the massacre, but left quickly because Syrian government troops were still in the area. "I went into houses and saw children without a head, and others without arms. Some were burned and some were without eyes," he said.

There were only five known survivors, he added. The exact number of victims could not be confirmed, but people from the nearby village of Maarizab said they had buried 57 corpses. A further thirty bodies were missing and had not yet been buried, said activists.

With almost no foreign reporters in Syria, the accounts of what happened in this remote farming village cannot be independently verified.

The massacre comes less than two weeks after an atrocity in the town of al-Houla in Homs province, where eyewitnesses blamed the killing on the same Shabiha milita.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...full-horror-of-al-Qubeir-masacre-emerges.html

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Who actually really killing all these people!!!

:salam2:

USA looking to start a war with China and Russia !!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_mIlHf5ZMI&feature=related[/ame]

Hillary Clinton says We Will Continue To Support Israel
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV5w2EpFdIQ[/ame]

So if it them
its the Jews.
No wonder that style similar of that Palestine's massacre.

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Take care!
~Wassalam .

Salem9022

:salam2:

So if it them
its the Jews.
No wonder that style similar of that Palestine's massacre.

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Take care!
~Wassalam .

Take care yourself as well!

Your right its the Jews who are killing the Sunni Muslims in Syria. But not any type of Jews. These Jews are more dangerous for the Muslims then the Jews living in Israel or America. I'm talking about the Rafidha Jews who go by the name of Shia Nusayries and their Jewish founder Abdullah ibn Sabah.

[yt]aIrAG7vxzNo[/yt]

[yt]nQyRnSTwmqM&feature=channel&list=UL[/yt]

[yt]2dV6GVeu3e0&feature=channel&list=UL[/yt]

[yt]laxETvBCYk0&feature=channel&list=UL[/yt]

esperanza

revert of many years
What doesn't make sense is that Homs and Hama are meant to be completely under rebel control. How do government militia manage to sneak in and commit these killlings at point blank range and then escape again back to Damascus??

Also, if there are talks of ceasefire, as outsiders we should support that.

I don't want a single bomb, tank or gun in Assad's hands or his government's hands. Or on the other side. A ceasefire will at the very least prevent further innocent deaths, right??

The problem is, each time there is a talk of ceasefire, there is one group that is constantly rejecting it - and those are the rebels that control Homs and Hama. It may be possible that Assad is lying about accepting a ceasefire, but at least his side is agreeing to the ceasefire.

Assalam alaikum.

what do umean,,,it is assad broken every part of ceasefire...two terrible masaccres since the ceasefire,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

No, sister...the ceasefires have been broken by the various opposition groups. It has been in the plan book for twenty years to dismantle Syria.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Asalaam alaikum,

No, sister...the ceasefires have been broken by the various opposition groups. It has been in the plan book for twenty years to dismantle Syria.

Wa`alaykumassalam

Please read the report submitted by the UN monitors to the UNSC which documents ceasefire violations by the Syrian Army.
Stop being in the lala world ponder this ''Allah is the best of planners"" (3:54)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

Equally, this is not simply about the Shia and Sunni. If it were everyone would sit back and watch the show. There is money at stake. There is the viability of the existence of Israel. The political powers were so arrogant they even gave us a political map years ago. Yes, innocents are being massacred. Nothing new.

I fail to understand how you can site what the UN sees. Do you even know the history of the UN? Please take a moment to read your history. Take a moment to digest and evaluate the bigger picture.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/06/04/the_real_reason_to_intervene_in_syria?page=0,1
http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=31320

The US will intervene to protect Israel. This is the bottom line. It is all about saving the Jew at the expense of Muslim blood.

I am not cold blooded. I have seen the plans that the evilmongers generate. I have witnessed murder. I live in the belly of the beast. Dead center navel. And the evilmongers are salivating looking at the land they are going to regain...remember, Brother....by their own words the Jews have told us this earth belongs to them. This is a chess game for them. Have you not seen the borders for a projected Israel? Syria is not in the picture.

But, the question lies in the simple fact: Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in their hearts. What is that Believers want. When are the Muslims going to stop making pacts with the devil.

esperanza

revert of many years
Asalaam alaikum,

Equally, this is not simply about the Shia and Sunni. If it were everyone would sit back and watch the show. There is money at stake. There is the viability of the existence of Israel. The political powers were so arrogant they even gave us a political map years ago. Yes, innocents are being massacred. Nothing new.

I fail to understand how you can site what the UN sees. Do you even know the history of the UN? Please take a moment to read your history. Take a moment to digest and evaluate the bigger picture.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/06/04/the_real_reason_to_intervene_in_syria?page=0,1
http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=31320

The US will intervene to protect Israel. This is the bottom line. It is all about saving the Jew at the expense of Muslim blood.

I am not cold blooded. I have seen the plans that the evilmongers generate. I have witnessed murder. I live in the belly of the beast. Dead center navel. And the evilmongers are salivating looking at the land they are going to regain...remember, Brother....by their own words the Jews have told us this earth belongs to them. This is a chess game for them. Have you not seen the borders for a projected Israel? Syria is not in the picture.

But, the question lies in the simple fact: Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in their hearts. What is that Believers want. When are the Muslims going to stop making pacts with the devil.

salam sister....this is not part of aplan to protect or support israel...do you know that it is infact assad and his father who have hel[ped keep israel at peace...

do u think true sunni muslims would keep queit with israel on thier border no...

this is not a plan to dismantle syria,,,,

this is sunni muslims,,,,trying to resist oppression torture and murder

but dont forget iran does have alot of wieght in this issue they are the ones working hard to prop up syria ,............and help the regime masaccre muslims

that is the truth

face up to it

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

Your responses are the same. You are emotional and irrational and critical with no knowledge added. You write from a very limited understanding of history and current circumstances. Try taking out a map before you respond.

As English is not your native language it is very difficult at times to understand what you are trying to convey, but it is always conveyed in very irrational words.

Please take a minute to assess the world political body; please.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
Asalaam alaikum,

Your responses are the same. You are emotional and irrational and critical with no knowledge added. You write from a very limited understanding of history and current circumstances. Try taking out a map before you respond.

As English is not your native language it is very difficult at times to understand what you are trying to convey, but it is always conveyed in very irrational words.

Please take a minute to assess the world political body; please.

Sister, I notice that you are very condescending towards other Muslims in this forum. Please stop. You go around calling people irrational and insult their knowledge, yet you take us 20 years back and talk about a "world political party." No one cares about the past. No one cares about any political parties. We care about human beings being slaughtered in Syria. We care about providing help for them. We care about equipping them with proper weapons to defend themselves.

We have no time for your theories and 2-cents. Either you spread the word for help, or stay out of it.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

Well you must have time since you read what I write.

Now, you asked for it so here it is.

How can you plan for the future in the present if you do not know your past. Here you are telling me you do not need to know the past on an Islamic website. So much for seeking knowledge. So much for the veracity of the scholars. So much for learning from the Sahaba and the Pious Predecessors. So much for following the Sunna.

The political map that is somewhat apparent today is what the " European man" carved up. Now, he was not stupid. He carved up the map to make sure that there would always be dissidence. You do not give up your land easily. He made sure that there would be political instability. And when the time comes up you go back in and retake your land. ( TE Lawrence might be good for you to read)

No, you do not care about human beings slaughtered.. You choose to care about certain human beings being slaughtered. You pick and choose. You are political.

Since you are in the middle of the storm and have no clue as to how you got to be in the middle of the storm you have no way out.

And if it really is all that to you..stop being a cyberwarrior and arguing with a woman. Put your money where your mouth is and go fight. I am not stopping you. But, know that you have to be absolutely sure you know what you are fighting for. Are you willing to die for this.

Last time I checked there was a call for dua not jihad.