BAN ON NIQAB!! BY SHEIKH OF AL AZHAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

galadari

DEAR BRTOHERS AND SISTERS,

I KNOW IT IS NOT A COMPULSION TO WEAR A NIQAB IN ISLAM BUT IS IT RIGHT TO CALL FOR A COMPLETE BAN. I WAS SO DISHEARTENED TO HEAR THIS.

ALLAH KNOWS BEST IF THIS WAS RIGHT OR WRONG BUT I CAN TELL YOU THIS HAS SURELY PUT OUR THOSE SISTERS WHO ARE ACCUSTOMED IN WEARING NIQAB INTO TROUBLE.

MAY ALLAH HELP THEM AND REWARD THSOE SISTERS.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
There are few threads pertaining to the same matter. Needless to say, I feel outraged with this banned. Not sure what to say, can a civilian like me critisized a learned sheikh?

galadari

There are few threads pertaining to the same matter. Needless to say, I feel outraged with this banned. Not sure what to say, can a civilian like me critisized a learned sheikh?

salaam brother can you please provide me with the links of the threads regarding this matter as i also want to see that my brothers and sisters in islam feels the same as i feel.

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
asalamualaikum

i ve followed the first link given in previous reply (jazakallah). so Tantawi has made clarification n the previous story bout him is wrong.

Does Tantawi has anything to do with the ban of niqab in al-Azhar university? if he does, has the ban stopped?

whats happening there now?

-im curious-

revert2007

Love Fishing
well am in egypt and the ban of niqab doesnt affect me at all alhamdulilah...i heard many different stories though
some said women with niqab are required to show their face at the entrance gate and they are not allowed to wear niqab in the class where the are all women n woman lecturer...this is due to some cases where man with niqab entered the university...and when it comes to safety precaution..

niqab is not obligatory at all and the women may remove their niqab n show their face and they will not sin as we all know niqab is not obligatory....even in malaysian university in malaysia women cannot wear niqab due to the smae problem...it is everywhere in the world by the way....just don't go to extremist into something and take things slow...i
myself wear niqab whenever am out and i do not wear niqab infront of my brother in law n my husband's nephew....when u are doing something which is sunnah,better consider others feeling...because considering others feeling is obligatory and a must and niqab is sunnah...so the obligatory or wajib wins on sunnah...

if others feel offended u might explain to them...but i do wear niqab infront of other men relatives whom am not close to...and it is my husband's condition not wear niqab infront of his brother n newphew..so here obeying husband is obligatory n i must do that and i can ommit the sunnah which is the niqab..

islam is easy but too bad the ummah make it difficult and a big issue...
there are more to be disscussed such as haram relationship,alcohol,women without hijab and other things rather than focusing something which is not obligatory

anyway thax for sharing coz i could post my personal view... :)
jazakaAllahu khairan :)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
niqab is not obligatory at all and the women may remove their niqab n show their face and they will not sin as we all know niqab is not obligatory

:salam2:

I don't want to start another debate nor do I want to offend anyone, but I should put the record straight.

You can watch the answer in the video, it is comprehensive and I really can't put it better than Shaykh Muhammad Saleh.

[yt]N_FvxdngfgY[/yt]

Basically there are two schools of thought on this topic, one doesn't think it is obligatory but the other does regard it as obligatory.

Important point (taken from video from minute 1:35) :-

"The scholars who said that it is not necessary for women to cover their face , it is merely recommended or mustahhab, they adopted this view they said - but behold in case of fearing fitnah and the temptation if the sister is pretty or living in such a horrible time where people just look women in the face, in this condition she should cover their face. We find that the two schools have met at this point, if you believe there is a fitnah, then there is general consensus between all scholars and all schools of thought that covering the face becomes mandatory and not just mere recommended."

I hope my contribution is taken positively in this thread. Please remember that I haven't added anything from my personal opinion (as such issues dont have room for personal opinion), I have merely re-stated what the Sheykh is saying in the video.

:wasalam:

revert2007

Love Fishing
yes i have watched that before.JazakaAllahu khairan for sharing..but i dont think there will be fitnah if u show ur face for 1 sec at the entrance gate of the university...?it is all for safety precaution...we don't wany any man to pretend as woman and enter the women's class do we?it is very clear that it is not obligatory unless the woman feels something wrong and she thinks there is fitnah,then she should wear niqab...

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
yes i have watched that before.JazakaAllahu khairan for sharing..but i dont think there will be fitnah if u show ur face for 1 sec at the entrance gate of the university...?it is all for safety precaution...we don't wany any man to pretend as woman and enter the women's class do we?it is very clear that it is not obligatory unless the woman feels something wrong and she thinks there is fitnah,then she should wear niqab...

First of all, I don't think it is just at the gate of the university. And if they just want identification, they should employ women guards. They are just making it tough for the women wearing Niqab.

Second of all, as I mentioned previously, there is a school of thought that says that Niqab is mandatory at all times. So as you mentioned :

it is very clear that it is not obligatory unless the woman feels something wrong

This isn't valid if you follow the other school of thought. There is a school of thought that says Niqab is mandatory at all times, fitnah or no fitnah.

revert2007

Love Fishing

First of all, I don't think it is just at the gate of the university. And if they just want identification, they should employ women guards. They are just making it tough for the women wearing Niqab.

Second of all, as I mentioned previously, there is a school of thought that says that Niqab is mandatory at all times. So as you mentioned :

This isn't valid if you follow the other school of thought. There is a school of thought that says Niqab is mandatory at all times, fitnah or no fitnah.

if the woman is following that school,then it might be mandatory on her..but we have the choice to follow whichever mazhap without sticking to one..we can follow any mazhab according to our current situation..if the niqab is obligatory...then almost 90 percent of muslimah committing sins???
they can't even do which is very clear in quran-HIJAB..and i dont think they could do this-NIQAB...Allahu Allam......i can't discuss further though...I SURRENDER MY CASE :)

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I totally agree. Niqab can be mandatory in one mazhab but not in another. We as civilian should not get involve this kind of debate due to our limited knowledge and skill in this kind of thing. Whatever it is, it is strange and totally unacceptable when learned muslim scholar ban the wearing of niqab. This will open the flood gate for non-muslim leaders to impose the same in their respective countries. So the issue is, why ban niqab? Mandatory or not mandatory is not an issue, why ban? What human rights is this? Women are allowed to walk in semi-nude but why not allow our pious muslim women to wear something they like including niqab?

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
if the woman is following that school,then it might be mandatory on her..but we have the choice to follow whichever mazhap without sticking to one..we can follow any mazhab according to our current situation..if the niqab is obligatory...then almost 90 percent of muslimah committing sins???
they can't even do which is very clear in quran-HIJAB..and i dont think they could do this-NIQAB...Allahu Allam......i can't discuss further though...I SURRENDER MY CASE :)

Maybe it's my fault that I have not explained the reason why I posted on this thread. My apologies.

You are absolutely right 100%. We have the right to follow either schools of thought.

I was just commenting to your initial post in which you only mentioned one school of thought. So I just meant to post the views of both schools of thought. Plus they are in agreement on a certain issue of fitnah which I also wanted other people reading TTI to know about.

You don't need to surrender anything sister. :) .. You are absolutely right in what you have mentioned.

But as the sheykh in the video said, when we talk about this matter, we should speak about both the schools of thought without saying one is right and another is wrong. We should mention both the opinions and it is upto the Muslimah to decide which one to pick. And we should respect both groups and let them each practice it in peace :).

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Some people may not like what I am going to write. And I have to admit I have no proof either. But I have seen this world for a long time and I can make good judgement.

I have studied the Hosni Mubarak government and how it operates and how it is being supported by the west and by the western media. And I am quite sure that Hosi Mubarak is a Freemason, and it is clear that by now many people in his government and specially those on key positions are Freemason as well.

If anybody knows what Freemasonry is, then it becomes not necessary to state that that person will no longer remain a Muslim.

They are slowly working on converting the Egyptian society into a Lucifarian society.

Very sad indeed.

galadari

Salamualykum brothers and sisters,

i think some of u didnt get the point of the topic as such. I know that wearing a niqab is not obligatory as i said in earlier but the thing which makes me sad is that why they have to issue a fatwa to ban the nqab in egypt (if it is true) if wearing niqab is even least permissible in islam by any sects then howcome someone give a fatwa for banning the niqab. Subhannallah may allah give us all hidayat.

but for the record it seems brothers and sisters r dewiing too much on the fact is it obligatory or not....and i know it.... that it isnt!! but my outcry is why u have to ban it.....?????

revert2007

Love Fishing
ok...u say niqab is not obligatory and it makes an issue for u when they wanna bann it...why don't u discuss when turkey bann every single working place from wearing hijab which is obligatory?????even tunisia bann the hijab

not many women wear niqab and it has two ways by the way ,u can wear it or u can without wearing it according to 2 scholors

but hijab is clearly mention in quran and all scholors said it is oblogatory..

where is the discussion of banning hijab????

i live in engypt and i wear niqab and i do not face any problem..the goverment just talk too much rather than act and all egyptian knows it very well :)

revert2007

Love Fishing
To everyone
they only bann niqab at certain places and in Al-azhar itself and not in the whole country..it will be impossible to do si by tthe way..
if u still wanna wear niqab,just avoid these places...

this niqab stuff has been discussed termendously on tti and it is taking us no where...people keeps on posting their opinions and anger yet can this change their mind?why not u write a letter to Al-azhar and tell them about ur opinion or visit the president of egypt and talk to him in order to solve this problem... (i know i sound a bit sarcastic but thats the fact we have to face)
:)

revert2007

Love Fishing
If there are certain places then it is okay.Security of that place is also important.Like for example, If some terrorist comes in Niqab and does something to terrorise then they wont be able to identify that person since the face is not visible.

There will be security maintained to the women as well.So all is good then.

Jazakallah khair.
al-azhar bann niqab in the university and they hv the rights to do so..
and the certain places i mean is the places of military and not all egyptian are belong to military...so they cannot enter any military places such as military hospital or military club with hijab...they options right...they can go to other hospitals.

and egyptian do not like to follow the rules..they don't even obey the traffic light and do u think they will obey this rule on niqab?it was just a fatwa issued and nothing has been discussed...and the whole egypt knows about it and they didn't bann me yesterday from entering Shams club..so it is just a fatwa and nothing has been done about it....

egypt really has more serious stuffs to deal with rather than niqab by the way..all egyptian women on tti do not complaint that much by the way coz we know how the things work here in egypt...if one day they really implement this rule and the poilice gives trouble to niqab women,then if u really wanna obey Allah,don't go out of the house or take the courage to wear it and face the consequences...we can't debate much on this issue coz they have proofs and fatwa from previous scholors that it is not obligatory even some personally think it is..Allahu Alam...

we should really worry about those do not pray and not obeying Allah rather than keep on discussing the same issue over and over...Allah will first check ones solat and not the niqab...

Status
Not open for further replies.