BAN ON NIQAB!! BY SHEIKH OF AL AZHAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
First is the Niqab, then the Hijab!

ok...u say niqab is not obligatory and it makes an issue for u when they wanna bann it...why don't u discuss when turkey bann every single working place from wearing hijab which is obligatory?????even tunisia bann the hijab

not many women wear niqab and it has two ways by the way ,u can wear it or u can without wearing it according to 2 scholors

but hijab is clearly mention in quran and all scholors said it is oblogatory..

where is the discussion of banning hijab????

i live in engypt and i wear niqab and i do not face any problem..the goverment just talk too much rather than act and all egyptian knows it very well :)

Salam

I get what you are trying to say a 100%. You are saying that this issue is not that important and Muslims should just let it go since it's not like they're banning Hijab, it's just the Niqab and only in some places. I get that. But here is where I disagree with you, sister now is the Niqab and soon it will be the Hijab. Don't you know that the Niqab is just another Hijab. It's hijab for the face, and when disgusting kufar lovers do finally completely ban the Niqab step by step, then they will move on to the Hijab just like the countries you mentioned above. So Muslims are right in defending the Niqab. They should ban mini-skirts and revealing clothes in Egypt...after all it is a Muslim country, by mouth anyways.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
DEAR BRTOHERS AND SISTERS,

I KNOW IT IS NOT A COMPULSION TO WEAR A NIQAB IN ISLAM BUT IS IT RIGHT TO CALL FOR A COMPLETE BAN. I WAS SO DISHEARTENED TO HEAR THIS.

ALLAH KNOWS BEST IF THIS WAS RIGHT OR WRONG BUT I CAN TELL YOU THIS HAS SURELY PUT OUR THOSE SISTERS WHO ARE ACCUSTOMED IN WEARING NIQAB INTO TROUBLE.

MAY ALLAH HELP THEM AND REWARD THSOE SISTERS.

Sad is what this is. Muslims are leading the way in destroying good values of Islam, I'm not going to be suprised if western countries all ban the Niqab and Hijab too. May Allah help Muslims and guide them back to Islam.

hassana elkoussi

:salam2::salam2:dear brothers & sisters,

I can see there's some kind of misunderstanding here. Everybody's passing judgments without really knowing what's going on. Well, I'm Egyptian living in Cairo, the capital, and there's no such thing as banning the niqab in the streets of Cairo. The point is that the Sheikh simply banned the niqab in Al Azhar classrooms when the teacher is a female, coz he pointed out that there must be some facial communication between teacher and student and bec it would be totally pointless for the female students to be putting on the niqab since their teacher is a female. Once the students are out of the classrooms, be it in the corridors or the courtyard, they are allowed to put on the niqab and there are no restrictions whatsoever on that matter.

Sister revert2007 made it clear that she can walk freely in the street without any problems and I know so many niqabi sisters that are not facing any problems either. And would you imagine that if the banning were true, that the niqbis , or their families, would have accepted it that easily? The government here is smart enough to be very careful not to give rise to any problems with the religious sects by the way. Hope this issue has been clarified and you'd better ask Egyptians about it instead of listening to rumours and the like.

Salam

galadari

To everyone
this niqab stuff has been discussed termendously on tti and it is taking us no where...people keeps on posting their opinions and anger yet can this change their mind?why not u write a letter to Al-azhar and tell them about ur opinion or visit the president of egypt and talk to him in order to solve this problem... (i know i sound a bit sarcastic but thats the fact we have to face)
:)

Salamualykum, dear sister revert 2007... i dont know if you have heard the hadeeth where it says 'if u see any injustice or evil try stop it with your hands and if you cant do it than stop it with your mouth and if you fail to do so than with your heart'. Whatever you have asked me or others to do above may allah give us that toufikh someday inshallah to meet hosni mubarak and stop him from the injustice, but at the moment i can only hate him with all my heart.. and speaking about writing a letter in al azhar im sure their mail box has already overflowed with the letters of many many muslims brothers and sisters in the world.

and sister discussion on hijab ban in turkey and france has happenned before already however its true that it wasnt me to post a thread but there were many threads posted on that issue. and sister TTI is the one of the places where we can share our emotions and how do we feel on any matters of islam... so there is nothing wrong to express anger on the niqab ban in this TTI forum.

allahu alam

jazakallah khairun...

galadari

I can see there's some kind of misunderstanding here. Everybody's passing judgments without really knowing what's going on. Well, I'm Egyptian living in Cairo, the capital, and there's no such thing as banning the niqab in the streets of Cairo. The point is that the Sheikh simply banned the niqab in Al Azhar classrooms when the teacher is a female, coz he pointed out that there must be some facial communication between teacher and student and bec it would be totally pointless for the female students to be putting on the niqab since their teacher is a female. Once the students are out of the classrooms, be it in the corridors or the courtyard, they are allowed to put on the niqab and there are no restrictions whatsoever on that matter.

Sister revert2007 made it clear that she can walk freely in the street without any problems and I know so many niqabi sisters that are not facing any problems either. And would you imagine that if the banning were true, that the niqbis , or their families, would have accepted it that easily? The government here is smart enough to be very careful not to give rise to any problems with the religious sects by the way. Hope this issue has been clarified and you'd better ask Egyptians about it instead of listening to rumours and the like.

Salam

jazakallah khair brother that was really helpful...

Amir_of_spain

Asalam wailkium.

I strongly urge our TTI community to post full factual information instead of letting us all read a 'half full cup' thereby making us jump to false conclusions and pointless repetitions on niqab vs hijab etc.

Reading the original post it sounds as if a Shiekh from a reputatable Islamic institution has gone against the norms and has launched a attack on the Islamic female attire and dress code by means of this so called bann. Who knows if it's work, school or public ban, the worse is always assumed, thus making many readers upset and angry as to why is this happening in a Muslim country.

Later on we end up reading a post from an Egyptian brother (hassana elkoussi) who clarifies the misinformation (may Allah swt reward him) by informing us it isn't a public or work ban, but related to education interaction between girls and their female teachers.

Bros and sisters let's try our best to avoid posting misleading or factually incomplete topics.

Kind regards, wailkium salam.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member

Salam

salam aleikum
Brother that young sister put niqab on ,when the so called shaikh ,entered the class ,she covered her face because he entered the class, not because she was wearing it in front of teacher .
I don't agree with what he did at all ,that's very unislamic .He ordered her to take niqab off .
Better ask Egyptians? Are all Egyptians agree with niqab? I don't think so .

waaleikum salam

Status
Not open for further replies.