benefits of suras

daywalker

From daywalker said about 'Ali radhiyallahu 'anhu,
:salam2:

I didn´t get your example , cause my english is poor or your english was high in this post.

and Daywalker said nothign from himself. This is the word which is found in FAtwa ibn taymiyah:

Ibn Taymiyya (Allah have mercy on him) writes in his Fatawa:

Sayyiduna Ali (Allah be pleased with him) says: This Dua should be written and tied to the arm of the woman. We have experienced that there is nothing more amazing than this” (Fatawa Ibn Taymiyya, 19/65).

And once again, try to ask your Ustaz before you say what u understood from this.

And still waiting for the authencity about the narration of Ibn Abbas(rd).

I am using my brothers computer, so its not easier for me now to get the arabic text and sources of this.

daywalker

Attaching pieces of paper on which are written verses from the Qur’aan or du’aas to the body or some part of it, or putting them under the bed, etc., is not permitted, because it comes under the category of hanging up amulets which is forbidden by the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him):

“”Whoever hangs up amulets, may Allaah not fulfil his need.”

And:

“Incantations, amulets and being attached to tangible things are shirk.”

And Allaah knows best.

Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Iftaa’[/B]

SOmething is missing here:

The scholars of the Standing Committee said:

The scholars are agreed that it is haraam to wear amulets if they contain anything other than Qur’aan, but they differed concerning those which do contain Qur’aan. Some of them said that wearing these is permitted, and others said that it is not permitted. The view that it is not permitted is more likely to be correct because of the general meaning of the ahaadeeth, and in order to prevent means of shirk.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Qa’ood.

(Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 1/212)

And those who permitted this were: ibn taymiyah(rh),imam ahmad(rh),ibn qayyum(rh),ibn abidin(rh),imam suyuti(rh),Shaykh Haafiz Hukami (rh),imam nabawi(rh).

daywalker

ibn Mas'ud was a Shahaba.

As for that which is reported from Ibn Mas`ud (Allah be pleased with him), that hanging ta`wizes is shikr, this is understood to mean those that resemble the one's used in Jahiliyya, or if used thinking that it is the ta`wiz itself that cures or protects, not Allah, or if it contains impermissible invocations or one's whose meaning is not known, as explained by Allama Abu Sa`id al-Khadimi in his al-Bariqa al-Mahmudiyya Sharh al-Tariqa al-Muhammadiyya. [4.171-172]

Sh.abdul Musair hope you have the copy of Musannaf of Imam Abu Bakr ibn Abi Shayba. Where it states the permissibility of hanging Ta’wizes is reported from many of the Companions and early Muslims (Salaf), including: Sa’id ibn al-Musayyab, Ata', Mujahid, Abd Allah ibn Amr, Ibn Sirin, Ubaydullah ibn Abd Allah ibn Umar, and others (Allah be well pleased with them all). [See: al-Musannaf, 5.439].

One another narration from sahaba(rd):

It is narrated from Amr ibn Shu’ayb, from his father, from his grandfather (Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-Aas (Allah be pleased with them all), that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) used to teach them (the Sahabas) for fearful situations the following words:

“I seek refuge in Allah’s perfect words from His wrath, the evil of his servants, the whispered insinuations of devils, and that they come to me”

Abd Allah ibn Amr used to teach these words to those of his sons who had reached the age of reason, and used to write them and hang them upon those who had not reached the age of reason (narrated by Abu Dawud & Tirmidhi, and Tirmidhi classed it as an authentic narration). Feel free to correct.

ASk again your ustaz inshallah and share his qawl with us.

daywalker

Read books of ahlus Sunnah about ruqyah, you'll find that hadits, so this is about reciting specific Surah for specific illness, again this is not found in Syara'.

About ruqyah there wasn´t any question. Read my last 3 posts and feel free to ask your ustaz about explaination of each and every sources. have a nice day inshallah.

nori suja'i

Astargfirallah 3l'3zeeem,
To use Al-Qur'an as an amulet is indeed haraam but to recite it on every conditions that suits the situation is 'harus' like for examples when Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. & Saidina Abu Bakr r.a wanted to avoid from being seen from kafr Quraish, he recited ayat 9 in surahYaasiin, also when Prophet Ibrahim a.s. after so long didnt have children and when he was given a son (Prophet Ismael e.s.) he recited surah ayat 39-40 (Surah Ibrahim) as he wanted his generation to be an obedient servant of Almighty Allah.
Al-Qur'an itself is truely a miracle for us but not to keep it as amulet but to be memorise/buried in our heart/mind. It's also our shelter/security as long as we 'yaqeen' to Allah, insyaAllah everything will be fine.

(Sorry for my poor English).

daywalker

About Ruqyah which were taught by Shahaba, it was source from Rasulullah words, from Jibril words to Rasulullah, from Taqrir Rasulullah to Shahaba who did Ruqyah to someone bited by scorpion by reciting Al Fatihah.
Nobody has questioned with ruqya, so no need to mention it.
Using AlQur'an and Hadits as amulet to protect from sickness, this is never done by any Shahaba,
Musannaf of Imam Abu Bakr ibn Abi Shayba. Where it states the permissibility of hanging Ta’wizes is reported from many of the Companions and early Muslims (Salaf), including: Sa’id ibn al-Musayyab, Ata', Mujahid, Abd Allah ibn Amr, Ibn Sirin, Ubaydullah ibn Abd Allah ibn Umar, and others (Allah be well pleased with them all).

Sayyiduna Ali (Allah be pleased with him) says: This Dua should be written and tied to the arm of the woman. We have experienced that there is nothing more amazing than this” (Fatawa Ibn Taymiyya, 19/65).
those who follow them (Tabi'in) and those who follow Tabi'in (Tabi'ut Tabi'in). Using Al Qur'an and Al Hadits as amulet so that wife and husband become more romantic, this is Tiwalah, which is Syirik Asghar.
We are not discussing love topics.
Ruqyah by Al Qur'an is done for healing the sickness cause by 'Ain and scorpion sting.
Topic is not about ruqya.Read again my posts.
I'm on the opinion of Salafush Shalih and who follow them in this thing who are Muh.bin Abdul W., Al Albani
We are not asking for your opinion sheikh. We are asking for valid opinion in shariah which is according to imam ibn taymiyah(rh),imam suyuti(rh),imam ahmad(rh),imam nabawi(rh) ibn abidin(rh).And these scholars are flag bearer of salaf us salih.dont you think so my sheikh?

daywalker

I'm in the opinion of syaikh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab and syaikh Al Albani.
No Salaf done that means that every atsar about that are Dha'if according to the research.
Duty of a forum is not to present their own feelings but the evidences of shariah. People should bring if their is difference of opinion and let people to choose.
Anyway, Ruqyah with Qur'an is Kalamullah sound by Makhluq, while writing Kalamullah in a paper (makhluq), it is just the same thing.
SO does it mean amulets become permissble?
Al Mushannaf by ibn Abi Syaibah got many Dha'if hadits. There is one example where people use Tabi'in to be responsible for something bad.
If a book got daif hadith or not, isn´t my problem. handle with the topics from the book. Are those daif or not you gotta mention this. And not any example of this book.
The salaf never support using Alqur'an and Al Hadits for protection but from 'Ain, not from other sickness
Still you didn´t answer about fatwa of ibn taymiyah(rh),ibn abidin(rh),imam nabawi(rh),ibn qayyum(rh).How do they overcome your opinion?

daywalker

and not for curing other sickness except for curing a poisonous sting by reciting Qur'an to a glass of water and give it to be drink.
that is ruqya. and its a off topic.
Kalamullah which only being keep inside someone's without being remember or recite or teach to someone wouldn't do any good.Kalamullah in paper which wear by someone won't function anything but just giving a mere confident.
any hadith which says: if u write it on the paper it wil not effect?
because Al Qur'an came through sound and letters, it isn't to be wear.
but sahaba(rd) did it. And you still dont say anything about those narrations.

daywalker

Syaikh Al Albani said they never did it.
Its not possible for sh.Albani to read all the books of Islam, so he may overcome the stories. no problem in that. And i have shown allready that sahaba(rd) did.So sh.albani(rh) statement is no longer hujjah.
daywalker, why couldn't we remain brothers, though we differ on one thing, yaa akhi?

you are not my brother, you are my sheikh akhi =). how did you get a feelings that we are not brother? this things are minor topic, and not big deal at all. =)

And i agree to disagree, and according to me both opinion are valid, cause both has their evidence.

daywalker

It is not an off topic , akhi.

Why it is not off topic? we aren´t discussing ruqya , we are discussing amulates. For ruqya being permissble or not, i will show another evidence or not the evidences which i brought for amulets.But it is unnecessary now cause sh abdul musair agrees with ruqya.And if anybody thinks all those evidence which i brought is related with ruqya he may help me to explain it.

daywalker

Sheikh Almunajid say on this topic. http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/20207/amulet . I doubt Sheikh Almunajid would have say Ali RadiAllahanhu commited shirk .

Sh. munajjid just mentioned that people has opinion that some says permissble and he avoid it later by others opinion. He didn´t direclty handled the evidence based which other opinion gave permissiblity for using it. And that is my concern inthis thread. I dont handle with people opinion , i handle with evidences which caused other scholars to get opinion that its permisslble

misbah ul haya

aslam u alaikum
infact it is shirk,wel il tel u an example about it which i read in abu aala maududi's book.he said:
this quran karim is like a letter 4m higher authority or like a prescreption 4m a doctor which should be implemented immediately.now see if we tie a doctor's prescription on our arm or dip higher authority's letter in water and drink it(i hv found this bidaa also in people of indo-pak) then do u think it sensible?
moreover the effect lies in quranic verses when they r read by one like whn v read sura mulk after isha prayer bcoz v r promised by messanger of god saw that allah subhana wil protect us 4m azab qabr and many suras like this.
iv tried my best to make the point clear but if u r still confused then inform il give u som more points.
fe aman allah

daywalker

aslam u alaikum
infact it is shirk,wel il tel u an example about it iv tried my best to make the point clear but if u r still confused then inform il give u som more points.
fe aman allah

:salam2:

Brother instead giving examples, it will be better if u can responce about those evidences and fatwas.Hope you followed the thread from the beginning.Then it will be also clear about my position. Jazakallahu khair.

daywalker

Sh. abdul musaid, as a laymen i am not able to follow usool of fiqh. IT wil be better to handle how come Ibn taymiyah(rh),imam nabawi(rh),Ibn qayyum(rh), ibn abidin(rh) give the fatwa being permissible. We know these scholars are flag bearer of salaf, and we understand how sahaba worked through the fatwas of these schoalrs. Its not only 1 schoalr, and 7-8 prominent schoalr. Instead telling me the whole usool, it would be easy if u refute the fatwas or tell us how these schoalr gave permission that its allowed.

jazakallahu khair.

yameenahmed

its no way permisable brother i have read a hadith in bukhari which states that wearing of those things is haram its no way permisable

daywalker

Every one could make mistakes, because on the fatwa, you also don't found the atsar "Ruqyah is allowed only to be done at people who suffer from 'Ain and scorpion bites."

Let count who make mistake in this case:

1.Imam ahmad(rh)
2.Ibn taymiyah(rh)
3.Imam nabawi(rh)
4.Ibn abidin(rh)
5.ibn qayyum(rh)
6.hafiz hukami(rh)

All these giants make mistakes in one topic! :astag:

Instead saying everyone make mistake, you should explain the mistake of these 6 scholars.And this is my concern, to handle the fatwas instead telling other unnecessary stories and saying people makes mistakes.

Saying "people makes mistakes" isn´t evidence for proof that these fatwas are wrong.