Brother died

umm hussain

A revert brother was found dead in his room, he died approximately 4 days ago. I dont know full story but because people did not see him in the masjid for a couple of days decided to go visit him and when they got there could smell the smell of death. Inalillahi wa inailayhi rajiun.

Make dua it is VERY important to live as a community to check on each other regularly. If we notice that the person we used to see so regularly isn't that regular anymore let us take the time to investigate.

Mosque is going to do Janazzah over him inshallah and hand his body to his family to bury him? Is this the correct thing to do. To be bburied in a non muslim grave yard probably in a coffin as well.

rizzumd

Your brother
:salam2:

Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiwoon. Its sad to hear death news but we all need to return to him Almighty one day or other. May Allah grant him place in Jannat.
:wasalam:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Stories like this, really want me to work in a community centre, but according to some individuals it is a waste of time, makes me really want to help others :(

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Inna Lillahe Wa Ina Elyhe Razioun. Inshallah Allah will give the brother Firdaws Ameen.

And the masjid must not give his family the body in case the family buries him on kaafir and un-Islamic ways.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Inna lillahi wa inna elaeyhe raaji'oon.

It is sad indeed. May Allah bless our brother with JannatulFirdaus.

Wasslaam,
VE

Love my islam

Innalillahi wa inna ilayha raji"oon
May Allah forgive his sins and give him high reward. As ummah we should all take care of each other.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
May Allah grant him Jannat-ul-Firdaus

Innalillahi wa inna ilayha raji"oon
May Allah bless our brother , forgive him his sins and grant him Jannatul Firdaus.

Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception.
Al-e-Imran

justoneofmillion

rahimahullah may he rest in peace next to Allah swt inschallah may he give his forgiveness and welcoming along with the rightous ones! ammen brothers and sisters i know that a lot of us ask ourselves questions when they loose loved ones but i don`t think that we should ask ourselves why some of us have to go and so early and so young.....etc but we should be asking ourselves about why we are still here!

asabr

A revert brother was found dead in his room, he died approximately 4 days ago. I dont know full story but because people did not see him in the masjid for a couple of days decided to go visit him and when they got there could smell the smell of death. Inalillahi wa inailayhi rajiun.

Make dua it is VERY important to live as a community to check on each other regularly. If we notice that the person we used to see so regularly isn't that regular anymore let us take the time to investigate.

Mosque is going to do Janazzah over him inshallah and hand his body to his family to bury him? Is this the correct thing to do. To be bburied in a non muslim grave yard probably in a coffin as well.

Waleikum salam wr/wb
Rahimahou llah wa adkhalahoul janaa......amin
My dear sister, usually converts express their will to be burried as muslims. if he did express his will to one of the brothers or some1, then the mosque or other muslims have to ensure that he's burried in an islamic manner. I know he's family has the right to his body but his will counts 1st legally. If they don't accept this, the brothers can contact the crown prosector's office in that area to issue a hold up on the burrial until the matter is investigated. This might take long however, it's better than being burried in that manner. Wallahu a'aalam...
wasalam alaikum wr/wb

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu alaykum

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon

May Allah forgive his sins and bless him with Jannatul Firdous.....Ameen..

wasalam

brother4ever

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon,May ALLAH will forgive all his sin's & give him the best place in jannatul firdos.

Its my request from everyone at least read Yaseen fro him once only

ALLAH HAFIZ

umm hussain

Due to this hadith
Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 82:

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "Five are regarded as martyrs: They are those who die because of plague, abdominal disease, drowning or a falling building etc., and the martyrs in Allah's Cause."

The brother who was found dead, died shahid, inshallah because people found out that he had cancer of the intestines and the doctors described the pain he was going through for at least 3 years as compared to labour pain and women who have given birth can only understand that pain better.

MubarekMuslimah

Salaams

And from Allah swt we come and to him we return, ameen. May Allah be merciful with him and grant him a high seat in Jannah insha'allah.

This is an example of why it is fard to have a Will. In the case of Reverts (like myself) it is imperative to have a Muslim burial and not a Non-Muslim one. I am lucky alhamdulillah in that I am married so I guess my husband is my next of kin and he would oversee the burial. If I was not married, though my body would probably pass to my non-muslim family.

A revert should express their desire to have a Muslim burial to their family and friends and also compose a Will - even a small peice of paper stating the desire which is signed, dated and witnessed - that states they want a Muslim burial. The problem with not doing this is that people can conveniently forget what their Muslim son/daughter said once as they are consumed with their own grief understandably, rather than thinking of the soul of the deceased.

Please all Muslim it is fard to make a Will in which you should detail yoyr burial requests and how you wish your money etc and children and posessions to be distributed after you death. Our time could be at any time - may Allah swt keep us all on the Straight Path and forever in admiration and worship of Him.

Salaams

Wulf

This saddens me to think that anyone, who is alone, should be found this way. I pray that Allah (swt) be merciful to him.

I believe that we have a Duty to our fellow human beings, who are all creations of Allah (swt), to seek out those in our communities who live alone and keep in daily contact, even if only by phone.
Loneliness is a heavy burden, and one that, in this day and age, no person should have to carry. To help others to carry that burden would, to me, be an act of Charity and compassion.

:wasalam:

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum

Loneliness is a heavy burden, and one that, in this day and age, no person should have to carry. To help others to carry that burden would, to me, be an act of Charity and compassion.

SubhanAllah brother Ibrahim i agree with you 100%.....

wasalam

Ling

I heard a similar story a few years ago of a local convert who passed away all alone. She had divorced her muslim husband some time earlier and when she died, nobody knew except the members of her previous church. Not knowing what to do, they gave her a Christian burial even though she was still a muslim (as far as they knew). MaashaAllah.