Can a Christian guy marry a muslim girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAZIJA

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum sister,

Somthing stands out in your which to me is concerning and sends a wrong message. U are keeping in insisting "another way around" it seems to me that you are in love with this guy, I may be wrong? Why another way around? If you were not in love with this guy, why would you care so much? He may be your "friend" but he is non muslim and you should not be concerned about him. You should see how you can improve your deen and be better muslimah.

p.s. I hope i did not offend you? just my observation:biggrin:

weselam

Sanaa01

Muslima
Hi

I want to ask for some advice,
I am Muslim girl; recently my parents have mentioned looking for someone for me to marry. And I mentioned this to my friend (Christian guy for a few years) and he suggested how about they two of us having a future together..... And i need some advice...

Being a Muslim girl, I pray as often as i can and try to please my parents and make them happy and lead my life in a good way as much as possible... I know a Muslim girl is not able to marry a non Muslim so not sure how to go about this....
I have known this guy for a few years and we are like best friends, we have talked about religion and beliefs etc in the past as an on off discussion, and he is fairly open minded...

His parents are strict Christians however he is not so much, but thinks its good to lead life in a good way and be good to people etc....

From our discussions, he has never fully accepted prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as a prophet, part of this is to do with his parent’s belief on religion and some from his own understanding....and things he has read that can be misinterpreted to show Islam in a bad light

he asked me recently, why does a Christian guy have to convert to marry a Muslim and is there no way around it, i like you the way you are and will not force you to change or stop praying etc, but i don’t want to convert...

His parents will most likely disown him if he marries a Muslim and mine will disown me for marrying a non Muslim and im not sure i can....

What should i do? Is there any way around this??

:salam2: Sister I know how you feel and I was in the same situation myself
I used to have a Christian friend he was very nice to me he used to help me a lot with things I didn’t understand in my class… it was a clean relationship just friends at school he got attached to me and wanted to marry me I told him that I can’t because he is a Christian and I am a Muslim and it will not work because a Muslim woman can only marry a Muslim man after a while he came back and told me that he want to convert to Islam so that he can be with me for the rest of his life I was happy about it but than it didn’t feel right to me he wanted to be a Muslim for me not for the sake of Allah my family didn’t like the idea either I was thinking about it all the time and something inside me kept pushing back so I made salat al istikhara and after about three months my family got introduced to another Muslim family who they have a son and they were looking for Muslim girl to get him married anyway we met and liked each other in many ways so we got married that same month. We have been married for seven years and have two beautiful kids alhamdulillah…I believe that the other guy was not meant to be my husband and after I made salat alistikhara and ask God for help in this matter Allah knew what is best for me and had chosen for me a better husband than him
My advice for you sister is to think before you jump marriage is not for one day or one year is for life time
Take your time make salat al istikhara and ask Allah to help you and to choose a husband that is right for you. I hope my story will help you a little.
Allah al mosta3an

maryjo

Salam sister,

As u have seen theres no way around it. Theres only one thing left for u to do, and the sooner, the better -for both of u.

When u meet a muslim guy that doesnt practice islam, u have to think a million times before saying yes, not to mention a non-muslim all together!!! The truth hurts but its the TRUTH, and no one wants to live a lie for a life....

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
As-salaamu'alaikum,

The fatwa was given in the first response, read it and take heed.

The answer is a blatent no, may Allah protect you from this evil, and protect us all.
Ameen.

The_truth

Thank you everyone for your advice,
from the time that i have known this guy we have been really good friends, he always spoke to me and many of his friens in he way that a good muslim/christian should,
he accepts islam and see religion has made me a gopod person for him to want to marry me and inshaallah have children one day,
we have had many talk on religion and he has always seen islam portrayed in a negative light so although he is accepting of it, he finds it a little hard to follow, just like christianity and thinks parts of it make sens and parts dont

he isn't very religious and although he comes from a strict christian background he has looked at religion in a very open minded way.
i know i muslim girl cannot marry a non muslim, but surely there must be another way?

Asalaam wr wb sister in Islam hope you are well! Sister MANY people are in the situation they are in today and its due to first getting into friendships with the opposite sex which in itself is FORBIDDEN and that inevitabley leads to feelings arising between the 2 "friends" because man and women have been created to have feelings for wach other this is human nature! That is the reason why friendship is forbidden between opposite sex in Islam because feelings will usually arise when you get to know each other and end up liking each other for who you are!
People say you can't help who you fall for! Well i totally disagree you can help who you fall for! You should'nt be freinds with the opposite sex in the first place then feelings will never develop! This is why today there are loads of people in your situation and its very sad sister because there are MANY children that have grown up confused about what their beliefs are! We are NOT created in this world to be obsessed over the opposite sex but to worship Allah and in order for us to effectively worship Allah we need to find good partners who will actually help us in our deen to get even closer to Allah!
The answer to your question is in the Qur'an sister and has been answered MANY times in this thread so sister don't let shaythan keep wanting you to find a loophole there are NO loopholes in Islam! This is nothing but care and lust you feel for each other Allah ONLY puts love into the hearts of a couple after nikah! In the future you will look back and think how naive i was trust me because from my experience of life i know MANY people who have gone through this and similar situations!
Sister Don't disobey Allah, Don't disobey your parents and Don't ruin your whole life which has been allocated to us to worship Allah NOT follow our desires because if you do you will surely regret it forever! We care about you sister and we hope you can do whats right and end this haram relationship as soon as possbible for there is NOTHING good in it but it is to your own detriment!
Save yourself sister as soon as you can because you know your parents would be disgusted if they found out their precious daughter who they raised all their lives has had a relationship with a kaafir! Allah wants the best for us sister and he advises us in the Qur'an what is best for us! He clearly tells us in the Qur'an that we as humans think we know whats best for us but we know not whats best for us ONLY Allah does!
So sister get closer to Allah and away from shaythan! Shaythan wants to mess your head up with this situation but get yourself out of it for you have done a mistake fair enough we all make mistakes but make a menze now and rectify it and tell him that you cannot be on contact with him anymore for the sake of your deen first of all and your family and that it is just not meant to be but if you continue then you surely destroy your life and we ONLY have one life so lets make the best of it before it is gone!
Sister if theres anything else you want to know then don't hesitate to ask but you questions have been answered and i think you already knew the answers but you just wanted to heart it from others but thats fine because we are one ummah who are always there for each other!

Asalaam'alikum sister,

The answer is no. Why? The family of the husband (who is a Christian) will ridicule & insult you because their family does not believe in Prophet Muhammad (saw).

When a Muslim man marries a woman from the People of the Book (Jews & Christians), the family of the man (who are Muslim) will respect the woman because they believe in Prophet Jesus, Prophet Moses, etc., peace be upon them.

Hope that answers you.

And Allah is the Source of Knowledge.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
First of all Assalamu Alaicum

The second of all I would like to ask you one question dear sister.

If I tell you that "it is not forbiden for you to marry to Christian", would you believe me????

Offcourse not????

And why??? Becouse you know that it is forbiden in Islam Allhamdullilah.

And how do you know that it is forbiden in Islam??? Becouse you are Muslim, you said so Allhamdullilah.

So than why do you ask???

And to add more offcourse it is forbiden in Islam Allhamdullilah.

May Allah guide us all

:wasalam:

ShyHijabi

Septithol,

That is only one Muslim country, Saudi Arabia, so please stop generalizing across the board. (and females are more educated from gradeschool to college than the US) And Muslims hardly hold the keys to submission of women. America only allowed women to vote within the last 100 years. And domestic abuse and murder of women is extremely common in the US. Murder and rape of females is much more common in America than Muslim countries.

The person asked if Muslim females are permitted to marry non-Muslim men, and they aren't. The daleel has been brought forth and there is no wiggling around it. If this guy doesn't agree with Islam then he would most likely object to their children being raised in the religion, so it's a no-go.

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
This is true. However, her prospective husband is not a Muslim, either, and I am telling you what I know of such marriages.

Well, in at least some Muslim countries, they can't drive, can't go to school, and can't leave the house unless given the permission of a man. So that sounds like a lot of control to, at least to me. Although I admit there could be another explanation that I am not smart enough to think of.

Hi

Well the above to me sounds like protection from the gaze and interaction of other men with his wife, and rightly so if she asks his permission he will know where she is going and if she is safe tell me how many western men check or ask where or how their women is when they may be in dangerous and inappropriate places which in many cases these poor women have been taken advantage of by rape and looks, cat calls etc.. all i know as a muslim women i feel protected when iam home or out because i do not get starred at by some disrespectful men so you make a choice???? mine is islam and liberation because all muslim women are liberated and others are oppressed and used as sexual objects while our honor is protected yours is used and abused by men who have no regard, moral and no respect for women (one night stand ring a bell)

well again i apologise if i offended you thats the truth take it or leave it and as you said maybe it is for a reason you are not smart enough to know maybe after reading that you now understand.... hope i helped:hijabi:

Peace

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
:salam2:

Sorry sister i got disracted by the ignorance and rudness of other members here they dont seem to have any manners sorry.

About your situation its been shown to you now that believing women must not marry non muslim men because it leads to many problems. just think if you do what will your children be and will they grow up confused about which way they should follow when you know as a muslim, islam is the right way. i hope Allah makes your situation easy for you and i pray Allah blesses you with a pious husband which is good for you ameen:tti_sister:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Sister, let me give you some advice from someone who's been at the place where you are now, and who completely understands what you're going through. :(

First of all, you need to think. Think very very deeply of what you're doing. Think of the life you want in the future. Not the life one or two years later, but the life until your death. You've grown up as a muslim. Surely, you want your children to grow up as muslims too right? You want your children to be better muslims than you are, right? For that you need someone who is as strong in deen as you are. In the months of Ramadan, when its time to get up for sehri, you try to get up from bed, and its a little difficult. You need someone who can say to you "come on, get up. We have to get up right now and fast for the whole day." Will this person be able to say this to you after you're married, or will you be the one who will be persuading him to fast and get up early in Ramadan. Would you be happy to be getting up alone in those mornings? Wouldn't it be better to have a partner who you can share these things with, who can understand all of these Islam's little nuances? If sometimes you're doing something that's not in Islam, wouldn't you want him to be encouraging you to do the right thing, and telling you to stay away from harmful things? Would you have fun going to family parties and functions with this person, where all your friends are gathered with their own husbands? Will you feel like you fit in completely, and joking about your old jokes? Is this the life you want? Then when its prayer time, but at the same time, you have something else very very important to do. If you say "Can I just first go and pray, time's nearly over." Will this person say "yes, of course, go quick. What were you doing all this time?" like a good muslim husband, or will he say "Time's almost up anyway, you can pray later. Hurry up and do this other thing first." Which would you want?

Then, what about your children? Do you want to be the only one who enforces Islam on them, and is strict with them to do the right thing? You want them to learn things how you were taught, and your husband would want them to learn things the way he was taught. There's going to be a big big difference here, with both of you having grown up in spiritually different environments. Do you want a peaceful life where both you and your husband are complete partners in every step of life, or just a person who is different from you, and you'll be the one in the corner trying to take life forward in your own way.

Then, just saying to convert to Islam isn't enough. If you want to marry this person, you'll want this person to believe in the same things you believe in with equal or more conviction than you do. He must believe every aspect from within, from within his heart. If he converts to Islam and vows to live every aspect of life by it, then all's well and good, but I've seen countless couples just convert to Islam by name, but they're still in their western lifestyle, and their children have therefore no Islamic light on them. The children grow up confused, and eventually shed religion as well.

So think what you yourself would want. I've been through this, and remember, pray to Allah to guide you. Pray to show you the right way. Think deeply about everything. What do you want in future? Will this person be able to give it to you?

sazk

Banned

what will a christian husband feed you? will he feed you halal or will he feed you food that is forbidden by Allah (SWT)? haram and pork etc? this change doesnt happen overnight but as the years go on, couples eat the same food. so every bite you take... will it still be halal after 5, 10 years? or will you slowly inch towards haram food?

what will he clothe you with? will it be the dress ordained by Ar-Rahmaan(SWT)? or will he dress you in the western way?

Alot of 'christian' husbands cheat on their wives after 4 or 5 years of marriage. Because they dont have the same fear of Allah as the muslim men do. I personally know many of my muslim friends who may not be perfect but when it comes to fidelity, they will always be faithful to their wives.

3 daughters of the Prophet were married to non-muslims before. afterwards they had to face ridicule and divorce.

When Allah, the Rahmaan ,the Raheem has decreed something for you, He has done it for YOUR benefit, for YOUR safety. Allah SWT wants to invite you to His Jannah, they want to invite you to their hell-fire.

you see, my sister, not marrying a christian is NOT a fatwa by an ordinary man, it is not a hadeeth by the Holy Prophet, it is an Ayah, an Order, a Command from Allah.

in comparison to Him, our knowledge is very limited and in His Infinite Wisdom, He has commanded you to restrain from something, much like men are commanded to restrain from somethings as well.

My advice is you should be patient for verily Allah is with those who are patient. in your duas, ask Him to reward you with something better for your patience and obedience to Him.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Before worrying and wondering about who's going to disown who...

Shouldn't you sister remember that it's *haram*...and that this man has..*to your face*..rejected the man you claim as a prophet of allah???

Unless he becomes Muslim..*with full sincerity and faith*..you cannot be with this man...

I won't sugar-coat it for you..because we're talking about a grave matter..and a *haram* determined *clearly*...there's isn't much to say about it!

May Allah set your heart to that which pleases Him (first and foremost)..Ameen

mezeren

Hi

I want to ask for some advice,

His parents will most likely disown him if he marries a Muslim and mine will disown me for marrying a non Muslim and im not sure i can....

What should i do? Is there any way around this??

Dear sister,close your eyes and think,

"what if Allah disowns you in the day of judgement because you disobeyed his order."

ahmad107

Alsslamualikum,

Sisters which i know the non muslim men have no responsibility for their women, from the way how they start their relationships and how they take care of their wifes. A muslim man have to give you dowry and you don't have to work. Moreover there are so many manners which is necessary for a muslim man to follow and you can't force hem to do. It is enough for you to not accept hem as a husband because he commit the biggest sin by worshiping another partner with Allah.

May Allah give you the right man who can take care of you and make you happy and help you to reach the paradise.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

MAYBE one thing is being overlooked.................................BEING DISOWNED BY ALLAh for an ETERNITY.

i ask sister do you believe in the prophethood of Muhammad {saw}?

and maybe a hadeeth that says
"none of you can be a muslim unless i am more dear to him than his parents and everyone else"

than how can someone who loves the prophet{saw} ever live happily with someone who doesnot .

secondly one who doesnot accept the prophet as prophet is doomed and cursed....would you like to have children from him.do you think they will be muslim.do you think they will respect you love you or they will live their lives the way they want to...and who would be responsible if they went to hell.

lastly he may say that he likes u as u are ......................but wud he still like u when you compromise ur religion to be with him.

in ur heart u will never be able to like him ......because u know where he will end up and take u with him.{ALLAH FORBID}

may be he cares too much about his parents wealth to be disowned by them.

and i hope u caretoo much to be disowned by ALLAH .

what wud ur decision be if today was ur last day.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

[Also the only thing that will cling them to be in religion is because they do not want to feel as if they are an outcast to their family. They want to please you yet you will always push them away until they become what you want them to be instead of what they want to be.

This should only be regarded if you live in america. What all im saying is that your kids will less likely not care about religion as much as you and any of your husbands care for theirs. They will only play along because they want to please you. Once they are fed up with pleasing you they will never really like you. So it comes down to you and what you want... then it will come down to them and what they want to do as an indivisual.. your children.
America gives your children the thought that it is ok to become anything they want to become without any religious retraints.

This is a scientific perspective.. hope this helped[/QUOTE]

trulu this is a scientific perspective.
not to be confused as something good or modern.because scientific perspective is derived from darwinism -in which we are supposed to be animals so young -animals leave their parents same way with us.

islam has come to differentiate beween animals and insaan <humans.>
the logicman has already told you about which side the culture in that country is on so now the decision is for you to take..

considering that there are so many brothers who have withstood the criticism ,the pain and anguish hurled at them for the sake of Allah and continue to stand like rocks on the path of islam---they are much more eligible for the hand of a muslim princess rather than the people who live like ------the way logcman has so nicely described.

mezeren

Dear sister,

i assume that you are a young muslimah and as a middle aged brother i would like to tell you that nothing and nobody is worth going against Allah's will.

As muslims we love somebody for the sake of The Creator first and foremost.We love our family,our children,friends,neighbours,etc for the sake of Allah.Allah and His Massenger must be dearer to us than anything on this earth.imagine if you started a marriage against Allah's orders,would there be a chance for you to be happy.Even if you falsely think you are happy in this world,what will happen in the hereafter?

Excessive love which could make one go blind is dangerous.Put your logic before your feelings.Otherwise you suffer a lot.Keep away from that person as soon as possible.People come and go,when we die we will be alone with our deeds in front of Allah.

May Allah show you and us the right path,amin.

Status
Not open for further replies.