Can anyone tell me....

AmeliaJohnson

Convert sister....
Can anyone tell me what is the meaning of syahdah??? I've read it here in the website this word? Converts saying they do this to become muslim? How do you do it??? Plz can anyone explain fully???
I'm a christian and hoping to convert soon....

thnx,
Amy

yafash

Can anyone tell me what is the meaning of syahdah??? I've read it here in the website this word? Converts saying they do this to become muslim? How do you do it??? Plz can anyone explain fully???

thnx,
Amy

Hia Amy,

Shahaada is an the testimony of faith a person utters to become a muslim.
It is an oral contract btw d person who utters it and Allah (God). It has its terms and
Conditions …

It literally means :
I testify that there no one worthy of worship except Allah and I testify that Muhammad
Is the Messenger of Allah.

Like I said it has terms and conditions....

Safiyah_

Like Abdalilah and yafash have already said it's the words you say hen you convert. I said it 2 days ago and wow I'm soo happy =D
I'm also very happy that you want to say it too..
If you want to talk about anything, let me know ;)

xx

UmmHadiqah

Like Abdalilah and yafash have already said it's the words you say hen you convert. I said it 2 days ago and wow I'm soo happy =D

xx
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh Ukhut Safiyah. Alhamdulillah, welcome to Islam. May Allah Subhana wa ta'ala increase grant us all with Jannah for our good deeds. Ameen

Nadiyah

thnx,
Amy
Assalamualaikum AmeliaJohnson

The meaning of Syahadah is:

There is no God except for Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

By saying Syahahad with pure honesty in Al-Quran languange (Arab language) in front of 2 Muslim witness, it's enough for you to be a Muslim. But it's best to say it in front of an Imam.

To find an imam is easy. Go to a mosque, tell them that you would like to convert and they will bring you to an imam. Please go in proper clothing because a mosque is holy place.

Wasalam

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam

thnx,
Amy

Hello my sweetie . Shahadah = testifying
The sentence means : " I testify there is no God but Allah , and Muhammad is the massenger of Allah "

Certainly that doesnt mean muhammad PBUH is the only massenger , we believe in all of them but here we mention him coz he has the message of Islam ..

Is't clear now , honey ? :)

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
"So know that Laa ilaaha ill Allah (that there is no deity worthy of worship but Allah), and ask forgiveness for your sin, and also for (the sin of) believing men and believing women. And Allah knows well your moving about, and your place of rest (in your homes)." [Soorah Muhammad (47):19]]

fada_all

Hello my sweetie . Shahadah = testifying
The sentence means : " I testify there is no God but Allah , and Muhammad is the massenger of Allah "

Certainly that doesnt mean muhammad PBUH is the only massenger , we believe in all of them but here we mention him coz he has the message of Islam ..
Is't clear now , honey ? :)

and also he saas comes for the whole world not only for a spesific place but for the whole he is saas the last prophet who has a complete , golbal message ISLAM.

and allah konws the best

ur sis

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

BISMILLAHHIRAHMANNIRAHIM.

sister let me walk u through it.

i testify that there is no god....the person haas seen theworld and not found anyone to be worthy of being god

except God (Allah).....but has also realized that there is God only one absolute.

and Muhammad is the messenger of god ....you realize admit and testify that what Muhammad has brought that is the 'quran' is a message from Allah the one God.

this makes you a citizen of paradise instead of a rebel of God and you dont have to wait to die for paadise cause it starts right here in your heart.

assalaamualaikum.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

just as jesus was a messenger of Allah.

say this as well coz christians and jews get double reward.for believing and accepting two or more messengers of God.
somebdy elaborate.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

thnx,
Amy

:salam2:
Assalam-o-alikum my dear sister Amy,

As others here have explained what Shahadah is so I won't do that.
Just want to say that it is best to do shahdah in a gathering preferably in a Mosque, if not then in front of 2 Muslims.
But if circumstances are such that you cannot even do it in front of 2 Muslims then you can say these words alone with Allah as your witness and you will become a Muslim. Later on when you could do it infront of other Muslims then you can do it in public.

Shahadah is actually a thing of your heart and your belief in Allmighty Allah, and this is more important than ritual. This is a contract between you and your creator. You promise Him your loyalty and obediance and He promises you endless life of pleasure in Paradise in the hereafter.

After you take shahada all your sins are wiped out and your good deeds stay with you and at that time you become pure and sinless as a newborn baby.

May Allah help you and guide you towards his good pleasure and towards his Paradise. Ameen.

Wassalam.
:wasalam:

DanyalSAC

just as jesus was a messenger of Allah.

say this as well coz christians and jews get double reward.for believing and accepting two or more messengers of God.
somebdy elaborate.

I've always questioned this. I know some will say it particularly if they're in a heavily Christian country (like Ireland, South America, etc) but as far as I know the Prophet s.a.w. never added this so I think in my opinion it is bidah but Allah knows best.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

xx

:salam2:
Assalam-o-alikum our new sister in Islam Safiyah ,

WOW... This is such a good news. :ma: All praises to Allah who guide people towards his deen even when media is full of hate against Islam.
Talking about the word deen there is this thedeenshow.com which is a good place to visit.

Sister Safiyah... I am so happy for you. Congratulations !!!

Wassalam,
:wasalam:

Nadiyah

thnx,
Amy
Before I forget, PLEASE I beg you. Think carefully before converting because after you convert to ISLAM, you can never convert to any other religion. And if you convert to other religion, it will be a sin and you may be thrown into the depths of hell (there are 7 levels of hell). I've seen people converting to ISLAM then to other religion. So, think carefully.