can jinns read our minds and smell fear?

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Home alone!

I was home alone through the weekend, that wasnt nice.

Im not sure about someone breathing near you, although i think its best just to do Dhikr when one can. Inshallah.

May Allah (S.W.T) protect us all.

Alhamdulilah

EDIT: Sister liaa, there is a Dua that one recites when putting clothes on, which means the Jinn cant see you.

While getting dressed:

Allahumma inni as aluka khayrihi wakhayri wa huwa lahu. Wa a'oodhu bika min sharrihi wa sharri ma huwa lahu

O Allah! I ask You the good in it and the good for which it is made and I seek Your protection from the evil in it and the evil for which it is made.

I am not 100% if it is the Dua above, although its best to recite it Inshallah.

Wasalam

salam,thats very interesting,but so scary
I had some problem also with the Jinn,thats what it was i guess,because I know I'm not crazy...
I used to hear somebody breathing near somewhere ,everytime I was going to bad.everytime I was waking up for Fajr.Now its ok ,I hope he is gone....
because I used to be scared to death,espessialy when i was home alone
salam

liaa

salam sister did u just read my previous post?I used to have the same problem

it's so scaryy! :(( but i am really worried , i wanna know if they can hurt us? ! or touch us ? or.. i don't knoww !! ii am really worried, how do we know if they are good or bad? how do we even know if we have them in the house?cause this month i am movin to a new house !

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
it's so scaryy! :(( but i am really worried , i wanna know if they can hurt us? ! or touch us ? or.. i don't knoww !! ii am really worried, how do we know if they are good or bad? how do we even know if we have them in the house?cause this month i am movin to a new house !

I didn't hear nothing in my house since more then 3 weeks,but I'm moving to a new appartm also
salam

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
If you dont know them already, learn ayat-tul-Kursi, and the last three suras inshallah,and as the others said Surah Baqarah, keep it on it will keep them out inshallah.

Asalaamalikum sister,

You shouldn't fear anything except Allah swt. Humans, Jinns, animals, plants, etc are all Allah's creation. Allah swt did not create us to fear his creation. The only way to conquer this fear is by learning and studying Islam properly and how to deal with Allah's creation - and not just jinns. Nothing touches the believer unless Allah wills.

Please refer to this thread:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12562&highlight=jinns

new-muslim

Naw 333.
As salam o alaikum,

A similar experience happens to my husband (as naw333) where he can't move in the middle of the night. he will wake up and be aware completely of everything but can't move or speak. Usually his leg twitches also. We moved house recently and come to think of it he hasn't mentioned anything.
Is this do to with jinn?

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
God tells us in the Quran the story that occurred in Babylon when Haroot and Maroot were teaching people black magic. God tells us that "they do not harm with it (black magic) anybody except by God's permission." (2:102) Thus, we conclude that black magic exists but, like everything else, it has no power until God chooses to give it power. The Sunna for protecting oneself from harm is to recite the last two chapters of the Quran, Al-Falaq (113) and An-Naas (114).

A believer fears God only, "Are you afraid of them? God deserves more to be feared if you are believers." (9:13)

Assalamualaikum

Well said. But sometimes you cannot help it

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

I lived in Turkey for about a year..and I lived with my family in this old apartment building..and there were numerous creepy things going on (screams..cries..whispers..doors shut..your name being whispered..etc.)..and we always played it off and thought it's just in our head cuz the apartment is old and all..but then my dad saw the jinn and our suspicions were confirmed.

It can be scary (as many have admit to that)...but just think of it this way..

Why would you be scared of *something* that escapes at the slightest mention of the name of Allah (swt)..as soon as you begin to say *Ao'otho Billah...* before you even get to finish the rest..you see that whatever is happening or you're seeing just stops or disappears...

sounds like absolute weakness and fear to me!!!

Also...jinn do such things to *scare* people..they know it gets to us..so they do it..it's *their* entertainment..if they see that you don't pay attention to their actions..ignore their presence...and basically not-give-a-rat's-tail about what they do..they'll know you're a tough one to get to..so they'll leave!

Just..be in a state of wudhu (ablution) as much as possible..mention the name of Allah (swt) and read the Qura'an abundantly..and trust me..they wouldn't come near you..cuz THEY DON'T LIKE BEING AROUND THINGS LIKE THAT!

:wasalam:

MSyed

It will be helpful if you recite Sura AlFalaq (113) and Alnass (114) routinely, especially before going to bed.

Sakib

♣♦Sakib♦♣
there was a lecture i heard and it said fearing animals is a different kind of fear. but i don't know about jinns

Sakib

♣♦Sakib♦♣
my uncle said a story about a person being kidnapped my a jinni, but i don't how much of it was true but he said it was.

creepy things happen at my grandmother's house but not here, like once theres a place we call the third floor roof once my cousin, my brother, and i were walking past and we say a guy in black standing there.

we cudn't see his face or anything so we ran of course
kids there usually don't get there own room cuz they say jinn bother
i have seen a few (i think they were at least) and i'll tell u this they ain't all perty

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Assalamualaikum,

From what I've read, it says that in every home there's a jinn or a family of jinn living with you.
I can't remember whether there's a hadith stated as well and I'm not able to check it out coz I lend the book to my aunt. Has anyone here heard about this before? If you have, do share it with me.

Waalaikumsalam.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Assalamualaikum,

From what I've read, it says that in every home there's a jinn or a family of jinn living with you.
I can't remember whether there's a hadith stated as well and I'm not able to check it out coz I lend the book to my aunt. Has anyone here heard about this before? If you have, do share it with me.

Waalaikumsalam.

well sister..I read somewhere (I wish I can remember where) that when someone enters their house and does not say bismi-allah or In The Name of God (something of this sort) the devil says to his followers (jinn and other devils)..*you know where you will dwell or sleep today*..and when you sit down to eat and you don't say bismi-allah..the devil says to his followers *you know where you can get your food from today*

I read this in Arabic..so I translated it..and this is not the exact wording of it either..I'm gonna try to find it..but I wish someone can help out and find it too..cuz it was taken from a hadith as I remember

So I don't know..is that like what you meant by what you said?..

cuz jinn do prefer certain places to live in over others..and they don't necessarily live with *everyone*

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
well sister..I read somewhere (I wish I can remember where) that when someone enters their house and does not say bismi-allah or In The Name of God (something of this sort) the devil says to his followers (jinn and other devils)..*you know where you will dwell or sleep today*..and when you sit down to eat and you don't say bismi-allah..the devil says to his followers *you know where you can get your food from today*

I read this in Arabic..so I translated it..and this is not the exact wording of it either..I'm gonna try to find it..but I wish someone can help out and find it too..cuz it was taken from a hadith as I remember

So I don't know..is that like what you meant by what you said?..

cuz jinn do prefer certain places to live in over others..and they don't necessarily live with *everyone*

:salam2: Sister " a_muslimah86"

That's close to what I meant. But if I'm not wrong, I remember it saying in every house there's a jinn or a family of jinn living with us. I'll try to get the book to check. And about what you said "jinn do prefer certain places to live in over others", well I think thats true too. Hmm.. well I guessed I have get the book to clear this.

Anyways, thanx for your reply.
Jazakallahu Khair.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

I found the hadith concerning what I posted a bit earlier..it's in Arabic so..I wonder if any of the Arabic-speakers brothers or sisters know the exact translation for it or would be willing to translate it even..I understand it..but I'm not very good at translating..otherwise I would've done it..

وأما أكل الجن فإنهم يشاركون الناس في طعامهم إذا تيسر لهم دخول بيوت الناس، ولم يسم الناس عند الطعام، ففي الحديث الذي رواه مسلم وغيره قال صلى الله عليه وسلم: إذا دخل الرجل بيته فذكر الله عند دخوله وعند طعامه قال الشيطان: لا مبيت لكم ولا عشاء.

وإذا دخل فلم يذكر الله عند دخوله قال الشيطان: أدركتم المبيت، وإذا لم يذكر الله عند طعامه قال: أدركتم المبيت والعشاء.

ويأكلون أيضاً من اللحوم التي يجعلها الله على العظم بعد انتهاء الإنس منها، ففي صحيح مسلم أن الجن سألوا رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم الزاد، فقال: لكم كل عظم ذكر اسم الله عليه يقع في أيديكم أوفر ما يكون لحماً، وكل بعرة علف لدوابكم.

ولا مانع من أن يأكلوا مما خلق الله من نبات الأرض في الصحار

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2: Sister " a_muslimah86"

That's close to what I meant. But if I'm not wrong, I remember it saying in every house there's a jinn or a family of jinn living with us. I'll try to get the book to check. And about what you said "jinn do prefer certain places to live in over others", well I think thats true too. Hmm.. well I guessed I have get the book to clear this.

Anyways, thanx for your reply.
Jazakallahu Khair.

sister I just posted the hadith I mentioned in Arabic..I don't know if you speak Arabic or not..but if you don't..I asked that somebody translate it for you and anyone else who might want it.
I heard that the unbelievers of jinn do prefer places far away from humans (in general)..abandoned houses..areas of living where murders..suicides..or major sins are or were committed are mostly the places they live in..
and believing jinn do not interact with humans (almost) at all..so they *really* do stay away..and live mostly out in nature (caves..forests..etc.) where they have their own communities and all that.

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
:salam2: Sister "a_muslimah86",

Thanx for posting the hadith. But unfortunately I don't understand Arabic. So I would really appreciate if someone could translate it to English. I haven't gotten the book which I told you about. InshaAllah, soon.

Take care.

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Assalamualaikum,

Thank you for taking the time to translate it to English, Brother "ayman1".
Jazakallahu khair.

abou haytam

salam o aikom brothers and sisters.

I wonder all the time why it s allways WOMEN that have experience with Jinn. i beleive in Jin and i beleive that they exist and they can hurt us. My sister have seen always jin as she said...i don t beleive her cuz we are 7 people at home and none see or feel nothing. There is sometimes illusion, and shaytan make those ocasion to make you fearing something else than allah. if you fear allah nothing will make you sacred.

i read all what you posted and all the experience are WOMEN`s one.

you have to avoid black magic; a sister talk about a book that she bring from syria. those book exist and i advise her to burne this book. i know exactly what she is talking about. those book teach you how make bad jin your freind and they can serve you if you made bad thing too for them. ( i will not preach for blac magic here ).

salam o alikom