Cigarette Smoking - Is it Haraam (unlawful) in Islaam ?

911amanda

Smoking is a Killer: It causes diseases like lung cancer, tuberculosis and heart diseases (just to mention a few). And we know that Allah forbids us from killing ourselves. As He says: ""And do not kill yourselves. Surely, Allah is Most Merciful to you. And whoever commits that through aggression and injustice, We shall cast him into the Fire and that is easy for Allah"" {Surah an-Nisaa’’ (4): 29}quit smoking.

kayleigh

I always wondered... how come in the US you always find halal meat sold out of the back of really shady Tobacco Outlet stores? Its like that here, and it was like that when I was traveling in the South. Seems kind of ironic, no?

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I always wondered... how come in the US you always find halal meat sold out of the back of really shady Tobacco Outlet stores? Its like that here, and it was like that when I was traveling in the South. Seems kind of ironic, no?

Hrrm..I live in the South (Georgia) and our Halal Market is next to a bookstore, haha. I would not buy halal meat out of a Tobacco Outlet...:eek:

But smoking is a TERRIBLE habit! I would say it is haram (but I am not a scholar)
My mother is currently trying to stop, Alhamdulilah.

:salam2:

This picture won a million dollars in a competition in Italy :

attachment.php

:wasalam:

Attachments

• gmrup12655769471.jpg
    gmrup12655769471.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 98